Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Coco Palms

Coco Palms is having Father's Day celebrations tomorrow. Anyone knows what time the activities begin?

Neighbours of Coco Palms,

17th May is the day we braved thru the rain, sun and long balloting process for at least 3 hours and waited past midnight for the OTP to be issued, just to be one of the 944 owners in Coco Palms. Our perseverance paid off as the Coco Palms price increased by 1% the very next day.

Coco Palms facebook group was set up to gather all neighbours by simply follow the link
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/cocopalms/

any updates? any firesale?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    any updates? any firesale?
    Price increase by 3%

Default Pictures taken on 22 Oct 2014

Same pics that were tag to 'The Palette' and 'D'Nest' threads...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone, took some pictures over the weekend and posted them on skyscrapercity forum:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...2&postcount=71

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Price increase by 3%
    Where to see the price increased?

Weekend saw the lorry ferrying the already built toilet (with floor/wall tiles) to coco palms site, I thought these pre-built toilet only applies to HDB ? Looks like condo is also using the same technique nowadays.

I also saw the outer walls is different, D'nest is using pre-built walls (like HDB), whereas stratum is using brick by brick method.

So, expect a lot of defects when TOP.

http://propertysoul.com/2015/05/25/developer-defects/

Quote Originally Posted by microhdb View Post
    Weekend saw the lorry ferrying the already built toilet (with floor/wall tiles) to coco palms site, I thought these pre-built toilet only applies to HDB ? Looks like condo is also using the same technique nowadays.

I also saw the outer walls is different, D'nest is using pre-built walls (like HDB), whereas stratum is using brick by brick method.

Double posting. Anyway, defects r inevitable. It depends on how proactive the developer is in rectifying them, instead of giving reasons, explanations and excuses, and hiding behind statistics, rules & regulations, and minimum requirements.

I think the intention of the blog is crystal clear in stalling developer sales, and hopefully to dampen the property sentiments in one way or another.

But asking Singaporeans not to buy new properties is very much like asking them not to buy new cars because Volkswagen has a large degree of defective gears and clutches. One bamboo stick to capsize the whole ship (Chinese phrase).

Such arguments conveniently sidestep the aura of new properties, the financing relevance for upgraders and own stay, and the warranty provided. In this Internet age, I feel that developers generally need to be very responsible. If they sort of drag their feet like the recent cases, they have much to pay for in the future in terms of negative publicity.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    I think the intention of the blog is crystal clear in stalling developer sales, and hopefully to dampen the property sentiments in one way or another.

But asking Singaporeans not to buy new properties is very much like asking them not to buy new cars because Volkswagen has a large degree of defective gears and clutches. One bamboo stick to capsize the whole ship (Chinese phrase).

Such arguments conveniently sidestep the aura of new properties, the financing relevance for upgraders and own stay, and the warranty provided. In this Internet age, I feel that developers generally need to be very responsible. If they sort of drag their feet like the recent cases, they have much to pay for in the future in terms of negative publicity.
    The blog, jus like any other get rich and self enrichment/improvement texts and books, are good for references and case studies. Reading it and practicing it are two different things. Some can do it. Some cannot. It's all up to the individual and also depending on both the internal and the external circumstances. If everybody wants to be an entrepreneur, then who's going to be the working labor party? If everyone wants to do a 十三幺, then it will be a 死局 every game.

Pre-cast should be better than doing it with bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacTan View Post
    Pre-cast should be better than doing it with bricks.
    More expensive too.

but then why you said with more defects?
    Cant correlate

Got say more defects meh? Can't trace it.

Hi Microhdb

More defects due to pre-cast or brick by brick ? Which method is better ?

Ops. Its actually a post by MicroHdb......

I searched online and pre-cast seems better than brick building.

http://www.broadgateconstruction.net...on-technology/

http://www.bibm.eu/precast-concrete/...ncrete?id=1058

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/21163272.cms

Not only saves time but also better quality.

Anyone who has any divergent views or evidence against the views please do share.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacTan View Post
    Ops. Its actually a post by MicroHdb......
    No worry. IMHO, prefab or not, does not determine number of defects. Number of defects is determined by the quality control of the main con and its sub cons during the construction and the furnishing phase. So u may be right, there is no correlation. Perhaps microhdb has more insights.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Lover View Post
    Looks shady and lame to me to be frank. I have read arguments to say that dry walls can't mount TV, don't know whether it's true. But TV nowadays are getting very light, really can't mount? I think I mounted before, drill halfway inside somewhat empty, but still mounted happily with no problems...

The alternative is to customize a huge plank or console area design. I am sure it can be mounted. It's just part of our DNA to make what's not possible, very feasible, and turn our weaknesses into our strengths.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Lover View Post
    A differentiation article between pre-cast concrete walls, wood, and dry wall.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/pre...d-or-drywall#b

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

correct me if I am wrong, the pre-bulit is not only applicable to HDB. there is a set of regulations which the property developers should adhere to. Now there is push towards higher productivity and less reliance on manual labor. The modules they used should also be as modular etc for faster and quicker build.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    correct me if I am wrong, the pre-bulit is not only applicable to HDB. there is a set of regulations which the property developers should adhere to. Now there is push towards higher productivity and less reliance on manual labor. The modules they used should also be as modular etc for faster and quicker build.
    If not wrong, prefab is now mandatory for new ECs and new mixed developments. Private full residential developments are still exempted from this currently. Prefab is more costly though. One more "reason" for the developers to "justify" the higher psf even if the land price they paid is lower than that during the peak period. Savings due to higher productivity and less reliance on manual labor? Coming from the developers - Savings? What is that? Can eat or not? Boh lay. Never hear before. Faster and quicker build may be true lah. Faster and quicker to collect money also.