Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you should NOT invest in the West

Default Why you should NOT invest in the West

I am starting this thread to give forummers like Patrickstart and the rest an opportunity to talk about why investors should avoid investing in the west.

Hope you guys will give them your support.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

In the other thread, I have made a post on the rental yield for Caspian.

Appreciate forummers like Patrickstar of Astroboy to tell us why its not realistic for J Gateway to command such rental yield when it TOP.

Caspian 1 bedder rental transaction in Jan 2014 at $2800 per month.

Assuming at same rent, J Gateway 474sqft unit at $1700psf, rental yield will be 4.2%.

This is FACT
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post

Appreciate forummers like Patrickstar of Astroboy to tell us why its not realistic for J Gateway to command such rental yield when it TOP.
    Should change the thread title to "why so many hate me" sure you get a lot of response.

I can offer the following views as to why Jurong East may not materialise into a commercial hub that quickly :

1) As of today, Jurong East is even lagging behind Buona vista as a business hub in the west. In fact Buona vista, with its proximity to One North and the upcoming Holland village projects, is looking more promising in the near term.

2) Jurong East today only has 4 malls and 3 hospitals to show for itself. Based on the tenders already out, commercial activity looks still very thin and very far out. the better attraction in Jurong is actually the potential of the lake district, not Jurong East itself per se. Even the lake district attractions seem 10 years out from materialising as even details of what they are going to be is still sketchy.

3) The closest approximation to what Jurong East may be as a commercial hub can be predicted by looking at Tampines (the other commercial hub in the East). Just by looking at the scale and depth of commercial outfits present in Tampines, I feel Jurong East will take at least 15 more years to catch up to Tampine's maturity, even if everything goes well for Jurong East without any hiccups.

4. Sadly though, in Singapore's context, any condo that is more than 10 years old starts losing its market value quite quickly....so maybe the current residential development in Jurong East have just to be valued on par with other OCR properties located adjacent to MRT stations.

Hi Please read the latest property investment guide by property soul.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=21008
    I have finished reading the whole book (E-book).
    J Gateway does not match the criteria for attractive rental yield.

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post
    I can offer the following views as to why Jurong East may not materialise into a commercial hub that quickly :

1) As of today, Jurong East is even lagging behind Buona vista as a business hub in the west. In fact Buona vista, with its proximity to One North and the upcoming Holland village projects, is looking more promising in the near term.

2) Jurong East today only has 4 malls and 3 hospitals to show for itself. Based on the tenders already out, commercial activity looks still very thin and very far out. the better attraction in Jurong is actually the potential of the lake district, not Jurong East itself per se. Even the lake district attractions seem 10 years out from materialising as even details of what they are going to be is still sketchy.

3) The closest approximation to what Jurong East may be as a commercial hub can be predicted by looking at Tampines (the other commercial hub in the East). Just by looking at the scale and depth of commercial outfits present in Tampines, I feel Jurong East will take at least 15 more years to catch up to Tampine's maturity, even if everything goes well for Jurong East without any hiccups.

4. Sadly though, in Singapore's context, any condo that is more than 10 years old starts losing its market value quite quickly....so maybe the current residential development in Jurong East have just to be valued on par with other OCR properties located adjacent to MRT stations.
    Well said, good foresight.

Jem and westgate malls are quite empty on weekdays.

2) IBP is just next door...

3) Tampines no fight... look at the 3 malls in JE all completed within 1 year to each other.. u will know the resolve by the government to build JE

Quote Originally Posted by rook View Post

Jurong East is already a commercial hub on its own before JLD was announced in 2008. Companies like Dell, Acer, J&J, Mobile One etc are operating their regional HQ out of international business park for a long time and there are plenty more japanese logistic companies and SME operating out of Toh Guan area as well. Hence its wrong to say that Jurong East is all about shopping mall and hospital.

In Jurong East alone, there will actually be 5 very big malls if your include Big Box which will TOP by the end of the year. Beside malls, which is important, there is also 2 very big international school located within 2km radius of JLD. I am sure you must have heard of CIS and Dulwich college, where both will have thousands of expat kids. Something which has been proven to boost rental demand.

Furthermore the potential of JLD is not just limited by companies located in the Jurong East, because there are over 3000MNCs that operating in the western region, employing 10th of thousand engineers and professional.

Just for discussion sake, may I know what is the ball park average rental yield of private properties located in Tampines? Is it higher than condo located in District 22?

As for old condo around JLD, many condo which are more than 10 years old are actually transacted at record price. perhaps driven by good rental yield.

For the record, this thread is actually about WEST, not just Jurong East or J Gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by akow View Post
    Hi Please read the latest property investment guide by property soul.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=21008
    I have finished reading the whole book (E-book).
    J Gateway does not match the criteria for attractive rental yield.

Havent read the book yet, but I am certainly very interested to know which part of the guide support your claim that J Gateway is not attractive rental yield even before J Gateway TOP?

Appreciate if you could elaborate what you have read.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Jem and westgate malls are quite empty on weekdays.
    After going Jem and Westgate once, don't feel like going anymore.
    Nothing special.
    Would rather go suntec, marina, orchard ion, taka or vivo.

Takes forever to drive to jurong.... Don't waste time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010 View Post
    After going Jem and Westgate once, don't feel like going anymore.
    Nothing special.
    Would rather go suntec, marina, orchard ion, taka or vivo.

Takes forever to drive to jurong.... Don't waste time.

I do noticed you havent made a single post is almost 2 years. Welcome back to condosingapore.

I do noticed you havent made a single post is almost 2 years. Welcome back to condosingapore.
    I do notice you had been quarreling with others and sprouting nonsense for almost 2 years, ever think of quitting to make this place more conducive?

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010 View Post
    I do notice you had been quarreling with others and sprouting nonsense for almost 2 years, ever think of quitting to make this place more conducive?
    I hope you dont mind that I add you to my ignore list.

We should invest anywhere, even in Jurong or west, but at the right price. Right price is subjective for each individual. Some make noise over 5%, while some owners don't even go for rental yield.

This thread is meaningless, the topic for discussion can go on forever and non conclusive.
    "How to make a fool useful for your properties? Let him continue to blow up Jurong prices and all other areas will keep up"

I hope you dont mind that I add you to my ignore list.
    I also hope you don't mind if I categorize you and regulator under my "scum bag" list.

exactly...Basically they just create a ground for more argues...lots of immatured ppl around I notice....sorry to say that. Too self centered and narrow minded....I'm out....

Quote Originally Posted by Luke65 View Post
    We should invest anywhere, even in Jurong or west, but at the right price. Right price is subjective for each individual. Some make noise over 5%, while some owners don't even go for rental yield.

This thread is meaningless, the topic for discussion can go on forever and non conclusive.

Obviously you are one of those immatured people around....shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Hahaha, u not clone of crusader but u are the clone of that duanahnah I think....don't force me to setup a poll thread on u and u might get yourself a tight slap....if u want, just tell me..., u get it???
    Quote Originally Posted by lajia View Post
    exactly...Basically they just create a ground for more argues...lots of immatured ppl around I notice....sorry to say that. Too self centered and narrow minded....I'm out....

The growth opportunities are there for JLD.

HSR may come to JLD for strategic reason:

Quoted from another thread:

"Why I (PM Lee) selected Jurong East is due to its commercial and financial hub status in next few years outside CBD."

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    The growth opportunities are there for JLD.

HSR may come to JLD for strategic reason:

Quoted from another thread:

"Why I (PM Lee) selected Jurong East is due to its commercial and financial hub status in next few years outside CBD."
    eh, don't anyhow say hor. the final location is still moot and you suggest PM Lee selected jurong east?!

Generally, this is not the time to invest in property due to the ABSD and SSD. I will stay out at least until ABSD is taken out. For people who are already invested, I guess it is best to ride out the downturn and pray that interests rate remains low longer than expected.

As for location, generally felt that i prefer central and east as I am familiar with this zone. While investment suppose to be a rational decision, location get in the way as an emotional choice.

I will start looking at woodland... it is in the initial growth phase. ... for city tanjong pagar/marina, growth area

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    I will start looking at woodland... it is in the initial growth phase. ... for city tanjong pagar/marina, growth area
    My advise is dont rush in on woodland yet because the regional center in woodland might actually take longer to materialize and i certainly would like to see the masterplan before investing.

Another thing to note is that RTS connection to JB might possibly take some heat off woodland region because in future, if they improve the CIQ process, it might be viable for people working in woodlands to stay in JB.

My 2 cents.

Allthepies was talking about investing in Woodlands because it is at the initial phase of growth, if have to wait for masterplan to come out wouldn't prices have already moved up when you start buying after that? This is what I call nonsensical advice. It is no wonder why you ended up paying $1700psf for jurong.

My advise is dont rush in on woodland yet because the regional center in woodland might actually take longer to materialize and i certainly would like to see the masterplan before investing.

Another thing to note is that RTS connection to JB might possibly take some heat off woodland region because in future, if they improve the CIQ process, it might be viable for people working in woodlands to stay in JB.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstar View Post
    Allthepies was talking about investing in Woodlands because it is at the initial phase of growth, if have to wait for masterplan to come out wouldn't prices have already moved up when you start buying after that? This is what I call nonsensical advice. It is no wonder why you ended up paying $1700psf for jurong.
    If you think otherwise, then perhaps you could tell us which project in woodland is worth investing to tap into the FUTURE growth potential.

I will bet my money that you cant come out with anything useful or intelligent.

Furthermore, please dont repeat what Allthepies are saying, we all can read what he has written. Is that a way to make yourself sound "savvy"? recycling what others are saying?

Anyway, I have just added you to my ignore list, you can continue to talk to the wall if you like.

If you continue to harass me in this forum, I will not hesitate to report you.

THIS IS A WARNING.

If you think otherwise, then perhaps you could tell us which project in woodland is worth investing to tap into the FUTURE growth potential.

Furthermore, please dont repeat what Allthepies are saying, we all can read what he has written. Is that a way to make yourself sound "savvy"? recycling what others are saying?

Anyway, I have just added you to my ignore list, you can continue to talk to the wall if you like.

THIS IS A WARNING.

why not your child anymore? am glad you'd learn... deserves a good spanking to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy8681 View Post

why not your child anymore? am glad you'd learn... deserves a good spanking to wake up
    Welcome to Ringo33 ignore list.

And let me warn you again. If you continue to harass me in this forum, I will not hesitate to report you.

THIS IS A WARNING

Did I say I was going to advise anyone about Woodlands so why you ask me to come out with examples? As usual, a troll always puts words into people's mouths.

I was pointing out a flaw in your advice to allthepies, you buay song and start to threaten reporting me n say I harrass you. It is very dangerous having people like you in the forum who go around telling people to wait for masterplan to come out before buying coz you are effectively telling people to wait n pay a higher price later. I never claim to be savvy but I would rather not advice if I don't know, rather than throwing out advice (like you) when you are half baked about property.

Also hearing the advice of someone who can't justify why he use caspian n centris to justify jgateway as good investment is something forumers should all BEWARE!!!

THIS IS A WARNING.

petshop boy got song say go WEST leh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ0...=RD7NZ04BG7TfA
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    petshop boy got song say go WEST leh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZ0...=RD7NZ04BG7TfA
    Westlife - "Flying Without Wings" very powerful leh.. !

Everybody's looking for that something
    One thing that makes it all complete
    You'll find it in the strangest places
    Places you never knew it could be
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"