Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Should we BUY?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    If the person is to own that commercial property directly, he would be getting >8% div for the same type of commercial property! An expense of 2-4% down the drain!
    Otherwise you tell us is it that REIT owners and managers work for free for you and eat grass and subsidize you?
    Then go buy a commerical property then if u have the money! dont have the $ and dont have a credit want to earn 8%??? and there are no mgmt fees to pay for property? no overheads? even u own urself u have to pay overheads. taxes, agent fees, maintenances... common dont bs us.

like u say the owners eat grass meh? they also have to take the credit risk. and the assest risk in a down turn.

go buy the commercial urself lor. cannot afford to pay the repayment when int go up and rental tank. the bank will come foreclose u. dont have a head so big dont blow it up so big.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

REITS : yield is around 5 to 7%

Property without leverage: nett yield is 2 to 4%

Property with leverage: nett yield is 5 to 15% (excluding potential capital gains)

Where will u put your money?

My opinion, buy reits for small money. For big money, physical properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    What I don't understand I don't buy.

What I know so far is SGD 108,000 buy 2 Bedroom at Southbank and 3 Bedroom PH at Terrasse, what return, what dividend, what ROE, ...... I don't understand I don't buy.

If Bank can loan me money I will still buy property. I need only to pay the deposit and there are so many people working for my investment to gain profit for me.
    You sure you will buy now if bank loan you money.
    you are lucky to get southbank at the right time.
    If you bought it during 97 you would have tell different
    storey right? Now you buy yield dont know even got 2%
    Havent even talk about the tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23 View Post

Property with leverage: nett yield is 5 to 15% (excluding potential capital gains)

its a matter of have the finances to play. choose the right tool.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    its a matter of have the finances to play. choose the right tool.
    It all depends on the risk appetite too...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You are so right!

Imagine REIT paying you 5-7%, and they leverage to the hilt (exploiting all kind of financing available) to get net yield of 10-15%! Where the excess return goes to? Very easy, the salaries of the REITs executives and their perks and their men servicing them (not you)!

So lesson? Only middle-income and low-income folks buy REITs!
    If they want to become rich through investment, stop buying REITs!

It all depends on the risk appetite too...
    Well depends some have the appetite but dont have the real stomach to take the lost.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Well depends some have the appetite but dont have the real stomach to take the lost.
    And some do not have the courage to even bring the food into the mouth? Haha

The longer the "crash" does not come, the higher the chances of another upwave...

The longer the "crash" does not come, the higher the chances of another upwave...
    Under what circumstance does crash happens????

Look at history.

History is a guide... History is our teacher

Very open ended question. Will be interesting to see a pie chart of results. Whatever the biggest slice is, go for the opposite. If you believe in being contrarian, then that will be the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Under what circumstance does crash happens????

Look at history.

History is a guide... History is our teacher
    Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately as well, the dynamics of the market today are too different and complex to use old tools and charts of history as reference.

info flows too quickly, price falls and rises also move too speedily. We imagined a crisis and recession after Lehman, it touched us and left as fast.

Think 1 in 50 years and floods sprouted everywhere. History is getting a lot less relevant today.

Quote Originally Posted by invigorated View Post
    Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately as well, the dynamics of the market today are too different and complex to use old tools and charts of history as reference.

info flows too quickly, price falls and rises also move too speedily. We imagined a crisis and recession after Lehman, it touched us and left as fast.

Think 1 in 50 years and floods sprouted everywhere. History is getting a lot less relevant today.
    It's always hard to predict.

Fortune Favors the Bold.

It's always hard to predict.

Fortune Favors the Bold.
    How do you define boldness? Just curious.. one who buys when no one is buying, when everyone is buying or just as long as they buy?

What are the effects of low interest rates (based on history - any diff from QE?)

Lehman (gfc vs great depression, any diff????)

History guide us... But does not mean you take wholesale leh.....

I too tired to explain liao....

Going for vacation and relax myself.... Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    What are the effects of low interest rates (based on history - any diff from QE?)

Lehman (gfc vs great depression, any diff????)

History guide us... But does not mean you take wholesale leh.....

I too tired to explain liao....

Going for vacation and relax myself.... Cheers

After posting 3,491 since 08 like many of yours friends here, you need a rest indeed...rest well.... and return to help the people to see the right things...they need you...
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

How do you define boldness? Just curious.. one who buys when no one is buying, when everyone is buying or just as long as they buy?
    1) when everyone is shouting crash n you buy, that's Bold.

2) when everyone says the prices are at the peak n you buy, that's Bold.

3) when u keep buying n buying n leveraging n leveraging, that's Bold.

Interest rates likely to stay low in the next 1 - 2 years.

Buy now and earn rental first? Real estate will likely to have another run in 2016?

I observed property crash news everyday on papers, internet, etc...

Bears are trying all they can to bring down the market?

hmm...

Buy now and earn rental first? Real estate will likely to have another run in 2016?

hmm...
    Inflation will force property prices to go up. E.g. Imports from Malaysia accounts for about 11% of total imports in 2013. In Apr 2015, Malaysia will impost 6% GST. All construction materials from Malaysia will shoot up in prices probably by 10%. Good to buy a property now for own stay where there are decent discount (>5%) given by developers.

hmm...
    General election is less than 2 years time.
    If market crashed, existing owners will suffer heavy losses.
    If cooling measures removed, property price will escalate again, hence the buyers will be upset.
    It makes more sense for govt to maintain stability, market likely to be flat or decline slightly until 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by akow View Post
    General election is less than 2 years time.
    If market crashed, existing owners will suffer heavy losses.
    If cooling measures removed, property price will escalate again, hence the buyers will be upset.
    It makes more sense for govt to maintain stability, market likely to be flat or decline slightly until 2016.
    After 2016, 10% gst will come. After that, all cost will increase. Once the national infrastructure development stabilises, FTs will flood Singapore..just a matter of time only.

Why must you tell...you know can already what

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    Inflation will force property prices to go up. E.g. Imports from Malaysia accounts for about 11% of total imports in 2013. In Apr 2015, Malaysia will impost 6% GST. All construction materials from Malaysia will shoot up in prices probably by 10%. Good to buy a property now for own stay where there are decent discount (>5%) given by developers.
    Not good to buy for investment?

Any views on whether this is a good time to continue buying and buying?
    Will property in Singapore continue to go higher and higher in the long term? (Ie. 15 to 20 years times)

I think very much depends on whether our govt is going ahead with 6.9m population. If it is then without doubts the prices will go up in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by johnoon View Post
    Any views on whether this is a good time to continue buying and buying?
    Will property in Singapore continue to go higher and higher in the long term? (Ie. 15 to 20 years times)

I think very much depends on whether our govt is going ahead with 6.9m population. If it is then without doubts the prices will go up in the long run.
    If you can afford anytime is a good time. Buy within your mean, after CM8 don't think price will chiong like 2006. Buy for rental yield.

It's fun to read back at an old thread I have dug up.

Honest to goodness, that was indeed a grim time for the market. Supply overhang, interest rates "about the rise", population measures, cooling measures... Indeed, we have come a long way.

You can see the views of other forummers and ex-forummers and how things had stayed or changed over more than three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    TDSR has a strong levelling effect even for the rich if they have heavy existing housing and car loans.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Most of the existing forumers are still consistent on what they wrote in 2014 including yourself and myself. For me always stay vested rather than wait and wait for it to crash. If it crashes, can go in and catch some good deals. If it doesnt crash, staying vested will ensure at least some passive income.

Since 2014 till now....my mortgage has reduce by 100k paid for by tenant

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

fun to look back at our old posts indeed, below was one I posted in May 2009 saying how could the property price burst some more.........

Would be more interesting to see the property price burst, as I said, may be 12 years from then, that is 2009+12 = 2021?

I thought the property bubble already burst last year? How to burst again now? Next bubble in another 12 years time?
    Quote Originally Posted by nimm12
    when the property price hikes cannot be matched by real income from employment and rental, price correction has to happen

when this happen, the worst scenario that bulls are afraid of is panic selling, when bulls compete with each other to exit market. (aka bubble burst)

that is the day bears are waiting to see now

for people who urgently need place to stay, no choice but have to buy...
    for people looking for 2nd and 3rd property, hold on to your cash for now
    for people already bought during 07/08 peaks, good luck to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    It's fun to read back at an old thread I have dug up.

Honest to goodness, that was indeed a grim time for the market. Supply overhang, interest rates "about the rise", population measures, cooling measures... Indeed, we have come a long way.

You can see the views of other forummers and ex-forummers and how things had stayed or changed over more than three years.

Yes yes, 4 more years of price growth if that's what you mean.

Anyway, my views did alter a little during this period.

2013 was the crimping of loans indeed and its effects were felt over the last 4 years. But over 4 years, income growth, new buyers coming onto market, and people clearing loans (such as car loans), decoupling, transferring properties etc, all these have cumulative effects on the markets, and private housing just like private cars will always have a strata of background or pent up demand.

I believe we are looking at a different ball game today as compared to 2013 / 2014.

In 2013, minister KBW called MM untested, now ST features SG couple living happily in HK nanoflat. What are the messages we are getting?

fun to look back at our old posts indeed, below was one I posted in May 2009 saying how could the property price burst some more.........

Would be more interesting to see the property price burst, as I said, may be 12 years from then, that is 2009+12 = 2021?
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 18-05-17 at 18:28.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.