Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Should we BUY?

It's fun to read back at an old thread I have dug up.

Honest to goodness, that was indeed a grim time for the market. Supply overhang, interest rates "about the rise", population measures, cooling measures... Indeed, we have come a long way.

You can see the views of other forummers and ex-forummers and how things had stayed or changed over more than three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    TDSR has a strong levelling effect even for the rich if they have heavy existing housing and car loans.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Most of the existing forumers are still consistent on what they wrote in 2014 including yourself and myself. For me always stay vested rather than wait and wait for it to crash. If it crashes, can go in and catch some good deals. If it doesnt crash, staying vested will ensure at least some passive income.

Since 2014 till now....my mortgage has reduce by 100k paid for by tenant

fun to look back at our old posts indeed, below was one I posted in May 2009 saying how could the property price burst some more.........

Would be more interesting to see the property price burst, as I said, may be 12 years from then, that is 2009+12 = 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    I thought the property bubble already burst last year? How to burst again now? Next bubble in another 12 years time?
    Quote Originally Posted by nimm12
    when the property price hikes cannot be matched by real income from employment and rental, price correction has to happen

when this happen, the worst scenario that bulls are afraid of is panic selling, when bulls compete with each other to exit market. (aka bubble burst)

that is the day bears are waiting to see now

for people who urgently need place to stay, no choice but have to buy...
    for people looking for 2nd and 3rd property, hold on to your cash for now
    for people already bought during 07/08 peaks, good luck to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    It's fun to read back at an old thread I have dug up.

Honest to goodness, that was indeed a grim time for the market. Supply overhang, interest rates "about the rise", population measures, cooling measures... Indeed, we have come a long way.

You can see the views of other forummers and ex-forummers and how things had stayed or changed over more than three years.

Yes yes, 4 more years of price growth if that's what you mean.

Anyway, my views did alter a little during this period.

2013 was the crimping of loans indeed and its effects were felt over the last 4 years. But over 4 years, income growth, new buyers coming onto market, and people clearing loans (such as car loans), decoupling, transferring properties etc, all these have cumulative effects on the markets, and private housing just like private cars will always have a strata of background or pent up demand.

I believe we are looking at a different ball game today as compared to 2013 / 2014.

In 2013, minister KBW called MM untested, now ST features SG couple living happily in HK nanoflat. What are the messages we are getting?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    fun to look back at our old posts indeed, below was one I posted in May 2009 saying how could the property price burst some more.........

Would be more interesting to see the property price burst, as I said, may be 12 years from then, that is 2009+12 = 2021?
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 18th May 2017 at 06:28 PM.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930