Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rental yield vs interest rate

Default rental yield vs interest rate

For pte ....typical yield around 4%.
    What happened when interest rate of bank reach 4%.
    There still maint fee, property tax etc...
    Wont it be negative returns for land lord esp those who buy in the last 2 years when price are bullish.

Those who buy in the doldrums2008,2009 probably have more buffer

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22 View Post
    Wont it be negative returns for land lord esp those who buy in the last 2 years when price are bullish.

4% interest. I am also waiting for it. But from the evidence seems to have to wait very long - more than 5 years.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

as long as USA continue to print money and maintain their interest rate near zero for the next 3-5-10 years ... we are good

Last 2 years, what is the downpayment amount for 2nd home loan???? So what is the net interest???

I m not sure how many people are like someone who have two units enbloc and kept the money in the bank while renting a place. Hoping for war to take place and price to go back to property price index of 100 and buy.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Please read what Bernerke had said to hedge fund managers who paid US$250,000 per session for him to talk and answer questions..............
    He said: Low rate is the new norm and unlike to ever reach the old norm of 4%.........................

With thanks to the gov foresight, the series of CM, those bought 2 years ago need to down at least 40% payment.

If you are in India, confirm more than 4%, you know why.

If you are in Malaysia, also confirm more than 4%, you know why.

If you are in Singapore, what is the chance of 4% when money following into the country don't seen to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Please read what Bernerke had said to hedge fund managers who paid US$250,000 per session for him to talk and answer questions..............
    He said: Low rate is the new norm and unlike to ever reach the old norm of 4%.........................
    Did he really say that? Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    If you are in India, confirm more than 4%, you know why.

If you are in Malaysia, also confirm more than 4%, you know why.

If you are in Singapore, what is the chance of 4% when money following into the country don't seen to slow down.
    I could have had 5.2% rental yield on my landed...nearly rented it out for 4800 per mth and bought at 1.1million in 2010. But will have to live with in laws which I am hesistant to but maybe I should cause my dad in law quite frail now....

A 2BR condo cost abt $1m. Bank loan is abt $3K/m. So is rental. If rent continue to drop or interest increase by 1%, rental will not be able to cover loan.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix0405 View Post
    A 2BR condo cost abt $1m. Bank loan is abt $3K/m. So is rental. If rent continue to drop or interest increase by 1%, rental will not be able to cover loan.
    Loan repayment of 3k based on how much loan, interest, loan tenure????

I would be very surprised a person who can down 40% to 50%, pay absd, cannot tahan a 1% interest increase...

In the first place, how did this guy accumulate > 400k?? This guy also wont have contingency???

When interest hit 4% is it due to a super bull market? Huat ah : )

No need to worry for other land lords...just need to worry about whether one self is making the most efficient use of money : )

Quote Originally Posted by matrix0405 View Post
    Matrix ,
    That my pt....but seem that mosr forumer think we worry too much.

Matrix ,
    Do you have a car??? Is it on loan????

How much do you save a month???? Or you don't save at all????

Will you be potentially be out of job???

Do you have cpf savings???

Answer the above to lead you somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Loan repayment of 3k based on how much loan, interest, loan tenure????

I would be very surprised a person who can down 40% to 50%, pay absd, cannot tahan a 1% interest increase...

In the first place, how did this guy accumulate > 400k?? This guy also wont have contingency???
    Saving money is easy, eat less, use less, buy less.

But when it come to buying, that is where those who only know how to save have problem.

I save until I was 42 years old then start to buy and still pay too much.

Matrix ,
    Most forumer are talking about 2nd and above investment properties. You still seem dont get it. Most of us are on at most 60% loan. So a $1m property, outstandibg loan is $0.6m loan, assuming 1% interest and 30 years, Monthly mortgage is $1.9k. Assuming a very humble 3% yield of about 3k rental per mth.

If Interest rate jump to 4% monthly mortgage is $2.8k. Still can cover. Dont foget over the few years of build up in interest rate we also build up positive rental cash flow. Got it?

May I know the formulae for calculating the property rental yield so we can compare to the bank loan interest rate in a more comparative way?

Thx. Got it

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    Do you have a car??? Is it on loan????

How much do you save a month???? Or you don't save at all????

Will you be potentially be out of job???

Do you have cpf savings???

Answer the above to lead you somewhere....

Slowly the rental yield will have to go up..........
    And if property market is strong, property price will also go up.....................

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Slowly the rental yield will have to go up..........
    And if property market is strong, property price will also go up.....................
    Agree. But over the last 2 years rental yield has came down. And looks like still losing strength this year.

Foreign labour pool will grow, but at slower pace: DPM Teo Chee Hean
    PUBLISHED ON JUN 21, 2014 9:50 AM 0 1 0 0
    PRINT
    EMAIL

The pool of foreign labour will keep growing, but at a slower, more sustainable pace, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said yesterday. -- PHOTO: BT FILE

BY CHIA YAN MIN
    The pool of foreign labour will keep growing, but at a slower, more sustainable pace, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said yesterday.

The process has been painful for companies, but is necessary to raise productivity in sectors that are still lagging, he added.

The minister was responding to questions at a luncheon during the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce's (SICC's) 173rd annual general meeting (AGM).

Manpower issues were the foremost concern among chamber members and senior business leaders at the event, held at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel and attended by about 200 people.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin....KDwdYg7u.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by relax88 View Post
    Foreign labour pool will grow, but at slower pace: DPM Teo Chee Hean
    PUBLISHED ON JUN 21, 2014 9:50 AM 0 1 0 0
    PRINT
    EMAIL

The pool of foreign labour will keep growing, but at a slower, more sustainable pace, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said yesterday. -- PHOTO: BT FILE

BY CHIA YAN MIN
    The pool of foreign labour will keep growing, but at a slower, more sustainable pace, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said yesterday.

The process has been painful for companies, but is necessary to raise productivity in sectors that are still lagging, he added.

The minister was responding to questions at a luncheon during the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce's (SICC's) 173rd annual general meeting (AGM).

Manpower issues were the foremost concern among chamber members and senior business leaders at the event, held at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel and attended by about 200 people.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin....KDwdYg7u.dpuf
    I guess this is inline inevitably if Spore want to grow or even compete, we are a small nation and small population, there are not many local companies on the level of MNC but only SME, how many good jobs wl be created for our new generation ? if a Foreign company wl wish to invest in Spore, they wl bring alone their technology, new market, opening and jobs, without FTs, how are theses going to be instate and transfer here ? BTW, EU are now on minus zero percent interest, interest wl be low for a while still.

Singapore has no choice...........
    either let foreign talents in or DIE.............

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
    I guess this is inline inevitably if Spore want to grow or even compete, we are a small nation and small population, there are not many local companies on the level of MNC but only SME, how many good jobs wl be created for our new generation ? if a Foreign company wl wish to invest in Spore, they wl bring alone their technology, new market, opening and jobs, without FTs, how are theses going to be instate and transfer here ? BTW, EU are now on minus zero percent interest, interest wl be low for a while still.

SMEs will suffer the most with control of foreign workers into Singapore.

Just rented out my Hdb flat, 5 mins walk from boon keng mrt station, rental at $3000/m, 5rms, 16 yr old flat. Good rental or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78 View Post
    Just rented out my Hdb flat, 5 mins walk from boon keng mrt station, rental at $3000/m, 5rms, 16 yr old flat. Good rental or not?
    Make hay while the sun shines, esp if currently still staying in own PC or landed, such cases have been the topic of discussion of late, even by KBW. Not sure how much longer this policy will be allowed to go on judging by public sentiments (for election 2016)

2007, Government allow HDB to rent out after MOP, you know why?

Quote Originally Posted by jslee78 View Post
    how much is the 5rms BTO ? 350k - 400k ? I think 3k/m is good though, BTW Europe is still having negative interest, -0%, saving in bank in return you hv to pay the bank for admin charges, LOL.

Default d'leedon rent

Has anyone heard about d'leedon rent? I was thinking if it is best to buy or to rent a unit? What do you think guys?