Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149

Thread: STOCKS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Invest in Crisis time – 1st class honour degree (SAF sword of honour Vs ITE school (It the end)
    ===========================================================
    In 2007, My friend (insurance agent) bring along very important guest (his brother in law) to join us for
    a badminton game. He was SAF sword of honour recipient. He must be physical fit, very agile & intelligence.
    (1st class honour degree) He got a very firm handshake.A firm handshake is a universal sign of strength
    and assuredness.

When I play with him. I was quite a bit surprise that a very simple high & slow shuttlecock serve to
    him. He can miss it easily a few times. He was quite embarrassed & said that this was his 1st time playing.
    After the game. We had a nice chit chat. He was going to London to work for a UK bank under fixed
    income department.

I never heard of him until when the US banking crisis started in 2008. He would call my friend (brother in law)
    from UK to update him on the US/UK banking crisis. Bear stearn ( global investment bank) will collapse.
    Next will be more UK banks , Morgan Stanley will be next one , followed by citigroup etc etc By late 2008,
    the world banking stocks had crashed almost 90%.

My friend who is a successful insurance agent (earning $200k/year) has never invested in stock before. It is his
    wife who manage the family expenses + investment which did not make $ . Luckily, his wife is also a very cautious
    type & will not buy big amount.

My friend thought that this is a very good opportunities to buy US banks stocks. So he tell his wife to use $100k fund
    to buy a few US bank like Citibank, goldman sach etc. His wife rejected the idea as her brother in UK said that the
    US bank like citigroup will collapse. My friend said to her wife that the US govt will never let the banks to collapse.
    The US banks will be "rescued" by the govt. They had a small quarrel. He offered to reduce from $100k to $50k & later
    to $20k. Yet his "CEO" wife rejected it as her brother in UK told her to prepare for the worst to happen. But it never happen.

Sometimes, the more intelligence you are or the more you know.You will chicken out as you knows too much. Knows too
    much prevent you to thinking calmly.

Investing in crisis time is the most rewarding and it will shortened your journey to Financial Freedom. It is also the opportunities to recoup your past many years of losses.
    Hahaha I can recall one friend who is Head of the Credit Risk in a bank. He told me not to invest in anything because there are so many bad news coming. He reads so many banks report, central bank, bloomberg. Luckily, I never listen to him

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Invest in Crisis time – 1st class honour degree (SAF sword of honour Vs ITE school (It the end)
    ===========================================================
    In 2007, My friend (insurance agent) bring along very important guest (his brother in law) to join us for
    a badminton game. He was SAF sword of honour recipient. He must be physical fit, very agile & intelligence.
    (1st class honour degree) He got a very firm handshake.A firm handshake is a universal sign of strength
    and assuredness.

When I play with him. I was quite a bit surprise that a very simple high & slow shuttlecock serve to
    him. He can miss it easily a few times. He was quite embarrassed & said that this was his 1st time playing.
    After the game. We had a nice chit chat. He was going to London to work for a UK bank under fixed
    income department.

I never heard of him until when the US banking crisis started in 2008. He would call my friend (brother in law)
    from UK to update him on the US/UK banking crisis. Bear stearn ( global investment bank) will collapse.
    Next will be more UK banks , Morgan Stanley will be next one , followed by citigroup etc etc By late 2008,
    the world banking stocks had crashed almost 90%.

My friend who is a successful insurance agent (earning $200k/year) has never invested in stock before. It is his
    wife who manage the family expenses + investment which did not make $ . Luckily, his wife is also a very cautious
    type & will not buy big amount.

My friend thought that this is a very good opportunities to buy US banks stocks. So he tell his wife to use $100k fund
    to buy a few US bank like Citibank, goldman sach etc. His wife rejected the idea as her brother in UK said that the
    US bank like citigroup will collapse. My friend said to her wife that the US govt will never let the banks to collapse.
    The US banks will be "rescued" by the govt. They had a small quarrel. He offered to reduce from $100k to $50k & later
    to $20k. Yet his "CEO" wife rejected it as her brother in UK told her to prepare for the worst to happen. But it never happen.

Sometimes, the more intelligence you are or the more you know.You will chicken out as you knows too much. Knows too
    much prevent you to thinking calmly.

Investing in crisis time is the most rewarding and it will shortened your journey to Financial Freedom. It is also the opportunities to recoup your past many years of losses.
    Agree, I was sleeping during the 2008 crisis only start to read in 2010.

Cash out before ABSD and TDSR.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    minority,

Wow, the biggest liar still trying to lie?
    I just need to refer others here back to my previous posts and all FACTS are there for everyone to see that I said:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...397#post532397

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...057#post526057
    USUAL BULLSHIT SELECTIVE QUOTE... DUMB TED STYLE.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

OCR properties going to crash! teddybear's Avatar

Today 26 Mar 2018, Noble now only left S$0.087 (-6.45%)!

Will there be a white-knight before the coffin closes?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Today 25 Nov 2017 news:
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/comp...reat-yet-again

Noble Group risks equity wipeout as shares retreat yet again

The shares sank as much as 9.2 per cent to 16.8 Singapore cents, the lowest since 1999, and traded at 16.9 Singapore cents at 2:11pm. The stock has lost 18 per cent since Friday’s close, dropping for a seventh week. The market capitalisation, which once topped US$10 billion, has collapsed to just US$167 million.

Still, as Noble Group’s troubles deepened earlier this month, Fitch Ratings Inc said a default “appears probable”, cutting the credit rating deeper into junk territory.