Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: STOCKS THREAD

Analogies can be dangerous, especially if they are forced.

As of now as in 2012, the most proven and resilient sector no matter which attribute you adopt has been OCR, LH or FH.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    The question you ask is analogous to people buying aging 99-years LH properties....
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/comp...oss-on-ubs-bet

i'm surprised bro teddy hasn't jumped on this yet.

Don't get him started.

We know the stunts are coming with the huge losses. My questions are why they always invest and recoup this way.

Is there a better way?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What more to say?
    I already expected it when GIC bought UBS at that time at that kind price.......
    And Temasek lost a bundle on Bank of America (buying at about that period) right?

Ha ha ha! On the other hand, I made a bundle on Bank of America, Citibank, and Goldman.........
    Goldman is now about double of my purchase price! But actually I made even much more from Bank of America................

Sometimes I wonder why we are paying so much to those people who are pulling in sub-standard performance................ Is it any wonder why I NEVER EVER buy Unit Trusts?

And oh ya, somebody here said follow Temasek and GIC to buy sure make money?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post

Last edited by teddybear; 18-05-17 at 00:12.

Default SHARES of Noble Group sank 5.5 Singapore cents or 13 per cent to 36.5 Singapore cents

Bad indeed!

I already warned long long ago (just like I am warning about OCR private property prices)!

SHARES of Noble Group sank 5.5 Singapore cents or 13 per cent to 36.5 Singapore cents in the early minutes of Wednesday's trading upon trading resumption.

Noble share price closed at $0.665 or down -24% (and intraday low is $0.61, and that is like 20 years historical low?)!

I wonder whether all these resulted in the relentless price increases of water tariffs, car park charges, conservation fees, petrol duties, carbon tariffs, property taxes, etc?
    Can we expect more to come? Public transport fare increase coming?
    What will come next?

What more to say?
    I already expected it when GIC bought UBS at that time at that kind price.......
    And Temasek lost a bundle on Bank of America (buying at about that period) right?

Ha ha ha! On the other hand, I made a bundle on Bank of America, Citibank, and Goldman.........
    Goldman is now about double of my purchase price! But actually I made even much more from Bank of America................

Sometimes I wonder why we are paying so much to those people who are pulling in sub-standard performance................ Is it any wonder why I NEVER EVER buy Unit Trusts?

And oh ya, somebody here said follow Temasek and GIC to buy sure make money?

Can we expect more to come? Public transport fare increase coming?
    What will come next?
    GLS land price (all sectors) will shoot through the roof.

Then OCR crash?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Rowsley Limited
    Nov 15 share price was 0.18
    Nov15 drop to 0.126.
    All time high was 0.60

In Sep 15 Peter Lim- Link firm announced to develop healthcare city in Iskandar. No news till now. But share price has dropped from 0.18 to 0.126.
    So dont touch penny stock. If U want to buy due to " HOPE & GREED" which sometimes you have no control over your mind. Pls buy some lots & it is your spare cash.
    Just to pay a "small school fee" to learn & gain experience to prevent future "EXPENSIVE school fee"
    Rowsley price is now 0.081. Many who bought at 0.60 are being "CONNED "

Stock - MARRIED DEAL
    ==============
    Many yrs ago, my remiser told me that I can do a stock MEARRIED DEAL with my friend. Just fill in the form who do you want to do
    a "married deal". Once it is down. It will appear on the " time & sales" or trade summary .

When there is a married deal of $10 million @0.14 (7th Jun17) is on Kris energy. Many retail investors got excited. Thinking that they must be some "GOOD" news happening. Many retailer investors greedily & happily chased to high of 0.148. The volume was > 20 millions.
    Then suddenly the big seller came out and start clearing and dumping & close 0.139 on the same day. Now those GREEDY investors think that it may be a TRAP.

The stock now is trading at 0.12.

Rowsley price is now 0.081. Many who bought at 0.60 are being "CONNED "

Stock - MARRIED DEAL
    ==============
    Many yrs ago, my remiser told me that I can do a stock MEARRIED DEAL with my friend. Just fill in the form who do you want to do
    a "married deal". Once it is down. It will appear on the " time & sales" or trade summary .

When there is a married deal of $10 million @0.14 (7th Jun17) is on Kris energy. Many retail investors got excited. Thinking that they must be some "GOOD" news happening. Many retailer investors greedily & happily chased to high of 0.148. The volume was > 20 millions.
    Then suddenly the big seller came out and start clearing and dumping & close 0.139 on the same day. Now those GREEDY investors think that it may be a TRAP.

The stock now is trading at 0.12.
    Which sensible person will hold from 60 cts, most will sell bfo reach tis state

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Which sensible person will hold from 60 cts, most will sell bfo reach tis state
    Only 10% to 20% of the sensible people will cut loss & move on. The rest of the 80% are too emotional & will not
    cut loss. Too painful to cut.

Which sensible person will believe MAxim trader (FX) which give 8% per mth return. I was invited by my friend to
    attend the seminar which include 8 course dinner at Marina bay. I cant believe the dentist , doctor , teacher etc also believe
    in this "SCAM".

Hong Kong Regulator Freezes Maxim Capital’s Assets.
    Main suspect in Maxim Trader Ponzi scheme brought back to Taiwan.

https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...emes-singapore

Yes, I managed to recoup and break even (or gain a little) with Rowsley a couple of years back.

This one is for momentum play, hold long very scary with the development in M'sia.

Scary story about the accountant who used to earn over 10K but recently tried to fake being knocked down by a car. The story goes that he was burnt badly due to stocks...

Just watch our mentality and most importantly, sleep well...

Only 10% to 20% of the sensible people will cut loss & move on. The rest of the 80% are too emotional & will not

Which sensible person will believe MAxim trader (FX) which give 8% per mth return. I was invited by my friend to
    attend the seminar which include 8 course dinner at Marina bay. I cant believe the dentist , doctor , teacher etc also believe
    in this "SCAM".

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

in this "SCAM".

Have to learn from experience lol, i have been telling myself if is time to cut will do it........ no regrets,

A very emotional investor will be more fearful buying individual stock during the " extreme fearful" time.
    So it will be better off buying unit trust (diversify risk) rather than buying individual stock (concentration risk).

Schroder Asian growth fund = Risk 8 (high) (CPF OA , SRS & Cash)
    ====================================================
    Top holding = Alibaba , Tencent, AIA HK, Taiwan TSMC , China mobile , Samsung etc

Historical dividend = 2016 = 10cts , 2015=10 cts 2014=0.115 cts .
    Dec13 price = 2.65
    May15 price = 3.05
    Nov16 price = 2.77
    Mar17 price = 3.06 - (3.06-2.77)/2.77 = 10% minus 1% sale charge = UP 9%

1st state dividend fund - Risk 8 (high) ( CPF OA , SRS CASH)
    ===============================================
    Top holding = OCBC , Taiwan TSMC , CK Hutchsion . LG etc

Historical dividend = 2016 = 6.3cts , 2015=6.6 cts 2014=5.85 cts 2013= 5.5 cts...
    May 12 price = 1.188
    Dec13 price = 1.40
    May15 price = 1.71
    Nov16 price = 1.58
    Mar17 price = 1.68 1.68+0.016(Dividend) - 1.58 = 0.116 divide by 1.58 = 7% minus 1% sale charge =UP 6%

Fulleraton SGD income fund - Risk 2 (LOW ) SRS & CASH (dont know why CPF OA not allow)
    =======================================================================
    Top holding - Investment grade bonds

Historical dividend = 2016 = 4.4 cts , 2015=4.2 cts 2014=4.3 cts 2013= 3.8 cts
    Dec12 = 1.046
    May15 = 1.0508
    Nov16 = 1.0453
    Mar17 = 1.0525 1.0525+ 0.011(dividend) -( 1.0452 ) = 0.0183 divide by 1.0452 = 1.7% minus 1% sale charge = 0.7%

During the equity bull run, the experience investor may just switch from equity (high risk) fund to income fund (low risk) .Switching to same fund name is usually free . Then patiently wait for the "EXTREME fear" time (stock big correction) & switch back from income fund to equity fund.
    But switching timing is usually not perfect.
    A very emotional investor will be more fearful buying individual stock during the " extreme fearful" time.
    So it will be better off buying unit trust (diversify risk) rather than buying individual stock (concentration risk).

Those individual who bought DBS , OCBC , UOB ,Kepcorp , SPH , Singpost , CDL , capland etc may not be better off than the unit trust holder
    You gain some , you lose some or breakeven for individual because some sector like O & G is not performing. Singpost try to change
    but it get worst. SPH is trying to diversify to healthcare. Hopefully can be successful. CDL price did not really move due to cooling measured.
    Only those bank share are the best performing stock.

Top holding = Alibaba , Tencent, AIA HK, Taiwan TSMC , China mobile , Samsung etc

Dec13 price = 2.65
    May15 price = 3.05
    Nov16 price = 2.77
    Jun17 Price = 3.38

Historical dividend = 2016 = 6.3cts , 2015=6.6 cts 2014=5.85 cts 2013= 5.5 cts...
    May 12 price = 1.188
    Dec13 price = 1.40
    May15 price = 1.71
    Nov16 price = 1.58
    Mar17 price = 1.68 1.68+0.016(Dividend) - 1.58 = 0.116 divide by 1.58 = 7% minus 1% sale charge =UP 6%
    Jun17 price = 1.78

Fulleraton SGD income fund - Risk 2 (LOW ) SRS & CASH (dont know why CPF OA not allow)

Dec12 = 1.046
    May15 = 1.0508
    Nov16 = 1.0453
    Mar17 = 1.0525 1.0525+ 0.011(dividend) -( 1.0452 ) = 0.0183 divide by 1.0452 = 1.7% minus 1% sale charge = 0.7%
    Jun17 = 1.059

Again, I would to sound a warning:
    NEVER ever BUY Unit Trusts!

Only the Fund Managers benefits from their huge salaries and bonuses that they are paid every year, regardless of whether they made or even loss money for you!

Those individual who bought DBS , OCBC , UOB ,Kepcorp , SPH , Singpost , CDL , capland etc may not be better off than the unit trust holder
    You gain some , you lose some or breakeven for individual because some sector like O & G is not performing. Singpost try to change
    but it get worst. SPH is trying to diversify to healthcare. Hopefully can be successful. CDL price did not really move due to cooling measured.
    Only those bank share are the best performing stock.

Dec13 price = 2.65
    May15 price = 3.05
    Nov16 price = 2.77
    Jun17 Price = 3.38

May 12 price = 1.188
    Dec13 price = 1.40
    May15 price = 1.71
    Nov16 price = 1.58
    Jun17 price = 1.78

Dec12 = 1.046
    May15 = 1.0508
    Nov16 = 1.0453
    Jun17 = 1.059

Default Noble Group's stock fell 6.2% to close at S$0.305, near 2000 lowest

More bad news for Noble Group.........

Noble stock sinks as ex-CEO sues founder for HK$450m

Noble Group's stock fell 6.2% to close at S$0.305, near 2000 lowest

The trader's shares have collapsed 83 per cent over the past year, extending the company's troubles since antagonist outfit Iceberg Research first raised questions about Noble's accounting methods in February 2015.

Iceberg's initial report accused Noble of having inflated its bottom line through over-bullish price projections, claims which Noble rejected and dismissed as work of a disgruntled ex-employee.

But the trader has since been hit by a series of setbacks, including significant losses, a collapse in its securities, downgrades to its credit rating and uncertainty over its ability to fund its debt.

Almost 100% gains!

Eh bro, please advise what else should I NOT buy?

The trader's shares have collapsed 83 per cent over the past year, extending the company's troubles since antagonist outfit Iceberg Research first raised questions about Noble's accounting methods in February 2015.

Iceberg's initial report accused Noble of having inflated its bottom line through over-bullish price projections, claims which Noble rejected and dismissed as work of a disgruntled ex-employee.

But the trader has since been hit by a series of setbacks, including significant losses, a collapse in its securities, downgrades to its credit rating and uncertainty over its ability to fund its debt.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Olam.

Both you can buy and hold for 10 years and see what is the end result..........

and if you want to trade (rather than invest), you are better off with forex and futures (rather than trading stocks that incur large commissions for small amount of value traded).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Almost 100% gains!

Wow!
    Noble has no money to pay their debt that is due!
    S&P had already cut Noble to JUNK status, question whether it can stay solvent within a year............

Indebted Noble confirms bank loan relief, but skips coupon payment

Almost 100% gains!

Relax bro, if I get this kind I sure sell fast.

But I also no balls to buy this.

Wow!
    Noble has no money to pay their debt that is due!
    S&P had already cut Noble to JUNK status, question whether it can stay solvent within a year............

Indebted Noble confirms bank loan relief, but skips coupon payment

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Need your advice. Bought FCN BP-Shell-Chevron on 9 May at Low for 8 p.a. Now should have gone up. How is it in terms of risk now.
    FCN BP-Shell-Chevron . Price on 23rd May17
    ============================
    BP price - US$36.93 (23/5/17)
    US$34.65 (22/6/17) 6.1% drop

Dividend yield est 7.5%
    52 wks low = $31.57
    52 wks high = $28.63

Chevron - US$106.27 (23/5/17)
    US$104.49(22/6/17) 1.67% drop
    Dividend yield est 4%
    52 wks low = $97.53
    52 wks high = $119

Shell - US$55.16 (23/5/17)
    - US$52.23 (22/6/17) 5.3% drop
    Dividend yield est 3.8%
    52 wks low = $46.25
    52 wks high = $56.39

When you trade FCN, you do not enjoy the dividend payout by the company when it is EX-dividend.
    The weakest stock should be BP due to it has dividend payout. The stock should be ok unless there is
    another major oil spill happen. Temasek is one of the big shareholder.

=================================================================
    Exxon mobile price on 23/5/17 = US$82.58
    22/6/17 = US$81.35 1.49% drop
    Dividend yield est 3.5%.
    52 wks low = $79.26
    52 wks high = $95.5

I am monitoring Exxon mobile . If it drop further <US$80. Then can consider.

FCN BP-Shell-Chevron . Price on 23rd May17
    ============================

Dividend yield est 7.5%
    52 wks low = $31.57
    52 wks high = $28.63

Chevron - US$106.27 (23/5/17)
    US$104.49(22/6/17) 1.67% drop
    Dividend yield est 4%
    52 wks low = $97.53
    52 wks high = $119

Shell - US$55.16 (23/5/17)
    - US$52.23 (22/6/17) 5.3% drop
    Dividend yield est 3.8%
    52 wks low = $46.25
    52 wks high = $56.39

When you trade FCN, you do not enjoy the dividend payout by the company when it is EX-dividend.
    The weakest stock should be BP due to it has dividend payout. The stock should be ok unless there is
    another major oil spill happen. Temasek is one of the big shareholder.

=================================================================
    Exxon mobile price on 23/5/17 = US$82.58
    22/6/17 = US$81.35 1.49% drop
    Dividend yield est 3.5%.
    52 wks low = $79.26
    52 wks high = $95.5

I am monitoring Exxon mobile . If it drop further <US$80. Then can consider.

Dividend yield est 7.5%
    52 wks low = $31.57
    52 wks high = $38.68

Can this be consider as Noble White Knight?

http://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-NOBLE-...SHARES-HUAT-AH

White Knight or not we should see whether Noble can pass their due diligence (if that company really interested in taking over, or the company is just speculating the shares only).

If their original white knight who is largest (or 2nd largest?) shareholder has backed off after due diligence, we would wonder whether this one will pass....................

Quote Originally Posted by stl67 View Post
    Can this be consider as Noble White Knight?

http://sgtalk.org/mybb/Thread-NOBLE-...SHARES-HUAT-AH

Noble in the news again........

Hot stock: Noble dives nearly 35% on sale of two businesses

SHARES of agribusiness group Noble tumbled nearly 35 per cent or S$0.20 to S$0.375 on early Thursday.

The rise to S$0.70+ in past few days is a good chance for people to get out (but I believe many didn't)........
    This is same for OCR 99-years leasehold properties, the rise to THOUSAND YEARS historical PEAK price is a good chance for people to get out at good profit (but I believe many didn't and won't too, and going to see the price crash >33% in coming few years)...........

White Knight or not we should see whether Noble can pass their due diligence (if that company really interested in taking over, or the company is just speculating the shares only).

If their original white knight who is largest (or 2nd largest?) shareholder has backed off after due diligence, we would wonder whether this one will pass....................

Noble in the news again........

Hot stock: Noble dives nearly 35% on sale of two businesses

SHARES of agribusiness group Noble tumbled nearly 35 per cent or S$0.20 to S$0.375 on early Thursday.

The rise to S$0.70+ in past few days is a good chance for people to get out (but I believe many didn't)........
    This is same for OCR 99-years leasehold properties, the rise to THOUSAND YEARS historical PEAK price is a good chance for people to get out at good profit (but I believe many didn't and won't too, and going to see the price crash >33% in coming few years)...........
    Ok, Ok going to sell soon but sell then keep money in the Bank is it.

Buy also cannot because got CMs, TDSR, LTV ........ how like that.

There are many ways to make money without even being skimmed of a big sum of fees and taxes...........

Some people like proud owner trades forex................

Others trade futures (see here - Can make US$2,200 in a day).............

Futures itself already is a form of leveraged "investment" instrument without even needing to pay interest (unlike properties) and still fearing that interest rate will increase............
    For every $1 you put in, you can buy >$20 of futures' market value..........
    So to make US$2,200 in a day, I estimated that you just need US$40,000 capital only......

Read here:
    Trading futures is also by itself based on "leverage", because for each US$1 position you opened (be it "long" or "short"), you are controlling about $20 position!
    That is to say, when you open a $50,000 position, you are exposed to $1,000,000 ($1 MILLION) opened position and hence market risk!

So, really is for you to find out how to make money....................
    I have already given you pointers like above. If you refuse to learn, no one can help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Ok, Ok going to sell soon but sell then keep money in the Bank is it.

Buy also cannot because got CMs, TDSR, LTV ........ how like that.
    Last edited by teddybear; 28-07-17 at 09:21.

Former SGX CEO Magnus Bocker dies from cancer

28 Jul 2017

SINGAPORE: Mr Magnus Bocker, who helmed the Singapore Exchange (SGX) for more than five years, has died from cancer. He was 55.
    At the time of his death, the Swede was executive chairman of Blibros Capital Partners, an investment company in Singapore and Stockholm.
    Blibros CEO and partner Jonas Lindstrom confirmed the death in a statement to Channel NewsAsia. "Our executive chairman Magnus Bocker passed away earlier this week, on Jul 26, after a valiant battle against cancer. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Magnus have lost a dear friend and an inspiring colleague.
    "He was an exceptionally talented leader with an entrepreneur's gift of building industry-defining businesses."
    He is survived by a partner and three sons.
    Mr Bocker joined the SGX in 2009 after leaving Nasdaq, and stepped down in June 2015.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...cancer-9071880

Actually, you can make much more US$2,200 in a day from trading futures!

You can read more about it here, you can actually make S$8542 in a day from futures trading!:
    You want to make profit of S$8542 in a day from trading?

There are many ways to make money without even being skimmed of a big sum of fees and taxes...........

Some people like proud owner trades forex................

Others trade futures (see here - Can make US$2,200 in a day).............

Futures itself already is a form of leveraged "investment" instrument without even needing to pay interest (unlike properties) and still fearing that interest rate will increase............
    For every $1 you put in, you can buy >$20 of futures' market value..........
    So to make US$2,200 in a day, I estimated that you just need US$40,000 capital only......

Read here:
    Trading futures is also by itself based on "leverage", because for each US$1 position you opened (be it "long" or "short"), you are controlling about $20 position!
    That is to say, when you open a $50,000 position, you are exposed to $1,000,000 ($1 MILLION) opened position and hence market risk!

So, really is for you to find out how to make money....................
    I have already given you pointers like above. If you refuse to learn, no one can help you!

Can you lose 2,200 - 8,542 a day trading futures?

Or lose this amount over 10 days?

In fact, also can lose much more than that.

High gain, high risk.

Actually, you can make much more US$2,200 in a day from trading futures!

You can read more about it here, you can actually make S$8542 in a day from futures trading!:
    You want to make profit of S$8542 in a day from trading?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Well, you can lose and you can also can win, it is all up to your capability.......
    However, the thing is, you can make US$2,200 in a day with say only US$40,000 in capital!

Can you buy a private property with US$40,000 capital? it is not even enough for down payment!

Think about it, if you buy a $1 Million property, you need to pay say S$100,000 ABSD (which is much more than US$40,000)! - And can your property let you earn US$2,200 in a day, or any day in the whole year?!

And, even if a person have enough for down payment of a property, say he/she buy a OCR private property now at THOUSAND YEARS historical peak price, I can safely assume that he is going to be STUCK with it with possible ZERO capital appreciation in next 10 years! What's more, he will be stuck with a loan where the interest rates will keep escalating! With low rental yield, increasing interest rate, and will be having NEGATIVE CASH FLOW for many many years (until he has no money to pay the instalment and the property get force-sold)!

Come 2020 or after, it will be interesting!
    Based on my experience, many people who bought OCR private properties now and in the past 2 years will be BURNT badly, chao tar!

Can you lose 2,200 - 8,542 a day trading futures?

Or lose this amount over 10 days?

In fact, also can lose much more than that.

High gain, high risk.