Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: STOCKS THREAD

More bloodbath on mon....
    The drop is bottomless, dbs n uob can go back to $12 an $15 as previously..

http://betterlifecoachingblog.com/20...bout-optimism/

Shoe Salesmen in Africa – A Story about Optimism

STI drops another 40pts on Monday? It is time of opportunity as property investment is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
    More bloodbath on mon....
    The drop is bottomless, dbs n uob can go back to $12 an $15 as previously..

My bet is always the opposite of others though not necessarily correct always.

PM Lee will take this really opportunity to show how the Govt can overcome much of the odds. Economic power showcase. At least on Monday, stocks should be able to show strong resistance or somewhat of an upswing even if temporary.

My guess only, no backing stats or support.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Singapore stock market is quite dead as of now it seems...................
    Market too small, a lot manipulations going on........
    I always observed Singapore stocks' prices moving UP / DOWN with significantly very much larger volumes a month to a week before significant good news / bad news come out, strongly indicating that some people are trading on insider news before the news are released (and this even happen for blue-chip stocks).................

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    STI drops another 40pts on Monday? It is time of opportunity as property investment is dead.

Extremely downbeat beginning of the bell...

May all be blessed.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Extremely downbeat beginning of the bell...

May all be blessed.
    Master Kelonguni , now is the situation and chance to test our guts. Dun wait when it is over then we talk. All Masters please advise, should go in now or wait further? Thank very much

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Master Kelonguni , now is the situation and chance to test our guts. Dun wait when it is over then we talk. All Masters please advise, should go in now or wait further? Thank very much
    Tempted to, but low on cash at the moment. Maybe symbolically. Everything looks cheap now.

Feels like bungee jumping though.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hi Citizen,

I also want to get in, bit by bit... but dont know which to buy?

I am thinking of sph or sph reit? any sifu can advise..

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Hi Citizen,

I also want to get in, bit by bit... but dont know which to buy?

I am thinking of sph or sph reit? any sifu can advise..
    Master Werther , in 2008 when stock dropped from 3800 plus to 3000plus. I though it was the right time to go in. I went in and within few months I lost quite a fair bit. Will the history repeat itself?

should go in now or wait further? Thank very much
    Citizen,

Who can really buy at the bottom?
    If you have spare cash, do have courage and buy slowly.
    I bought a bit early but I am still buying.

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk View Post
    Citizen,

Who can really buy at the bottom?
    If you have spare cash, do have courage and buy slowly.
    I bought a bit early but I am still buying.
    Thank Master MoneyTalk for your reply, I agree totally. But I always read and heard many people claim that they bought at blah blah blah and sold at blah blah blah. And make a lot of money and that make me think I m a stupid.

All the masters, why majority of time when I go in , the stock fall further, and I hold it, will rebounce. Is it normal or retail investors are always at the losing side. The losing odds always against them. Can some Masters enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Be patience to invest.
    君子报仇,十年未晚. If U understand this Chinese proverb. U will be a successful investor.

When a investor want to be rich in investing stock, ten years is not long late to wait; one should bide one’s time
    and wait for the right opportunity to seek buy when there is blood in the street.

Investing in crisis time can be really rewarding and it will shortened your journey to Financial Freedom

Control your emotions or they will control you. Know your emotional weakness if not, they will control you.

If you mind is strong ,all difficult things will be become easy: If your mind is weak,
    All easy things will be difficult

One moment of patience may ward off great disaster, one moment of impatience can beckon life’s great disaster.
    Many investors are impatience. They want quick result to get rich which will be a disasters.

Lastly, there is no such thing as a FREE LUNCH. When U invest, U need to lose to gain experience.
    Then from experience , you will be smarter. To be OLD & WISE you must first be young and stupid .
    But some never learn till they are old.
    OLD HABITS die hard. GAMBLERS.
    SHORT MEMORY. History repeats itself.

All the masters, why majority of time when I go in , the stock fall further, and I hold it, will rebounce. Is it normal or retail investors are always at the losing side. The losing odds always against them. Can some Masters enlighten me
    Dear master citizen. I suspect in shares market's food chain full of whales and sharks, we are what they call "ikan bilis". All we are getting is yesterday information. So we are only good as sambal in nasi lemak.

The Sunday times FRONT page news.
    GLOBAL sell-off sparks fears of sharper economic slowdown.

A sad day for many retail investors. Many are losing hard earn money. They still don't know the world stock market is manipulated after investing for so many years. Keep repeating the same mistakes again & again. GOLDMAN SACH is the smartest strategist . They knows how to make billions of dollars through manipulation.

Fool me ONCE , shame on YOU.
    Fool me TWICE, shame on ME.
    Fool me 3RD TIME,SO STUPID I am.
    Fool me the FOURTH TIME, I need to be CONDEMNED.
    Fool me the FIFTTH TIME, SIX TIME ... I am really a hopeless GAMBLER, not a investor. The final tragedy hopeless GAMBLER stage will bring financial disaster to his/her family

Remember MUST be patience to invest.
    君子报仇,十年未晚. If U understand this Chinese proverb. U will be a successful investor.

When a investor want to be rich in investing stock, ten years is not long late to wait; one should bide one’s time and wait for the right opportunity to seek buy when there is blood in the street

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Published on Feb 1, 2014

Weather gives clear signs in prophecy by the Spirit for the end of summer season of 2015, to be on high alert for economic collapse with an alert for the California tsunami and mega quake as the possible trigger point. Note: this is not a prophecy, but a prophetic watch based on very strong signs herein. See qwakeup.org for much more, including 40+ prophetic dreams and visions given to Weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-KzEaOCB4

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn 2015 The Biggest Catastrophe Ever And Most Are Not Prepared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebw_omQW8wM

What goes up will come down n vice versa.
    If u have spare cash, buy some blue chip stocks n leave it there..
    Set yourself a 20% profit target.. Don't be greedy.

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn 2015 The Biggest Catastrophe Ever And Most Are Not Prepared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebw_omQW8wM
    Omg does seems like we are heading in that direction.

Really cannot tahan the cheap prices. Dipped feet into pool at the lowest prices.

Fingers crossed.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Very brave to buy at time like this

"Dead crosses" showing on almost all indices

Good luck

Very brave to buy at time like this

"Dead crosses" showing on almost all indices

Good luck
    Foolhardy right? Haha...

No worries, a few k spare cash.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Long-time never update..., so here it is:

Update as of now : 24-Aug-2015
    S&P500 now = 1,970.89
    US$:S$ now = 1.4136
    SGD 3M SIBOR (%) = 0.938
    HK.2822 (HK$) = 10.82

Looks like more downside for next day or 2, before short-covering start on Thursday? Looks like lots of short-sellers taking advantage of the situation...

US dropped 5.8%. Brace hard!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    US dropped 5.8%. Brace hard!
    Hehe, warned you guys about stock crashing and durians dropping. More to come for the next 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pmet View Post
    Hehe, warned you guys about stock crashing and durians dropping. More to come for the next 5-10 years.
    What you said would indeed happen. We all sort of have a sensing.

But if you could remember, what was the policy responses by the big brother US in 2008 2009 when stocks crashed.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Huat Ah.

Those who Miss The Boat time to take action, don't wait until the next round of money printing then complain.

Changed my view now, I think short-covering will happen sooner, either tonight or Wednesday.........
    Get ready to scope up "durians" (but US ones, not SG ones)...................
    Looks like the last opportunity to pick up US "durians" before the train sped off.............

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Long-time never update..., so here it is:

Update as of now : 24-Aug-2015
    S&P500 now = 1,970.89
    US$:S$ now = 1.4136
    SGD 3M SIBOR (%) = 0.938
    HK.2822 (HK$) = 10.82

Looks like more downside for next day or 2, before short-covering start on Thursday? Looks like lots of short-sellers taking advantage of the situation...

Market talk suddenly turns to specter of QE4
    Jeff Cox | @JeffCoxCNBCcom
    6 Hours Ago
    CNBC.com
    PLAY VIDEO

Market chatter about what the Federal Reserve's next steps will be suddenly has shifted from when it will raise rates to when it will offer more stimulus.

Mind you, no one believes the U.S. central bank is about to start printing money again anytime soon. However, there is talk that faced with a slowing global economy and a domestic market dependent on cheap debt, it's only a matter of time before the spigots get turned on once more.
    "The Fed is not going to raise rates. They are at zero forever," said Peter Schiff, head of Euro Pacific Capital and one of the most well-known and impassioned of all the Wall Street Fed critics. "The Fed is not done with QE, they're just getting started. The Fed is doing QE4, QE5. This is a never-ending process."

The "QE" reference, of course, is to quantitative easing, the bond-buying program that added about $3.7 trillion to the Fed's now-$4.5 trillion balance sheet since late 2008. Three rounds of QE, plus the balance sheet-neutral Operation Twist, have helped boost the stock market dramatically, with the S&P 500 rising more than 190 percent off the March 2009 lows. But the impact on the real economy has been less tangible.

In addition to the previous rounds of QE, the Fed has kept its key interest rate near zero, holding down lending rates and keeping borrowing costs low for the $8 trillion in debt the government has added since the financial crisis.

With no room to take rates lower, markets in near-free fall and worries building over a global recession, another round of easing would be the only monetary policy option left.
    Read MoreThe Fed rate hike speculation is getting crazy

"I don't believe they're ever going to raise rates, because they can't do it," Schiff said. "People actually believe in the legitimacy of the U.S. recovery, they believe in the Fed's rhetoric. The truth is, everything has gotten worse. All the Fed did was blow a bigger bubble. All they did was interrupt the financial crisis."

While unlikely to take any specific action in the near term, Fed officials could start leaving a trail of clues in upcoming public speeches. No time would be better, for instance, than the Aug. 27-29 retreat at Jackson Hole, Wyoming, the very site where then-Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke planted the seeds for QE2 back in 2010.

"It's not about QE happening. If the perception of QE (happening) goes from zero to 18 percent, that's a huge impact," said Lawrence McDonald, head of U.S. macro strategy at Societe Generale. "Maybe even have one Fed governor, the most dovish of the doves, like (Minneapolis Fed President Narayana) Kocherlakota ... lay it out there. If one of them does it, look out."

For now, the market's deliberations have focused on the timing of rate hikes, and the current verdict is that the first one since June 29, 2006, won't happen until January 2016. The CME's FedWatch indicator shows just a 24 percent chance of a move in September and a 49 percent chance in December.
    Read MoreFed may have just gotten a red light for rate hike

Economist Michael Pento, founder of Pento Portfolio Strategies and a frequent Fed critic, said the central bank has work to do before it could take viable steps toward another round of QE.
    "For the Fed to go back to QE, there are two problems: First, they'd have to admit that everything they've done since 2008 has been a complete failure," Pento said. "Then, you have the problem that QE doesn't really affect fundamentals in the economy, it only affects asset prices."
    Indeed, a recent paper by Stephen D. Williamson, St. Louis Fed vice president, said there was no evidence that QE provided the economic help that its supporters touted.
    Read More'Forward guidance' didn't work, either

Also, similar easing programs haven't done much elsewhere in the world. Japan's aggressive QE couldn't
    prevent a 0.4 percent contraction in second-quarter growth, while the euro zone is barely above water despite its own efforts, with just a 0.3 percent improvement in gross domestic product for the same period.

"Sixty trillion dollars in debt and seven years of ZIRP later, anyone who thought this was going to be a smooth and easy transition to escape velocity is getting a rude awakening," Pento said. "That fantasy is shattering."

Jeff Cox
    Finance Editor

Ways to hold the value of your money is put it in the Bank and earn interest with all the money printing.