Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: STOCKS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Not really, I am still holding lots of ARA.

Sell some to move into next potentially higher yield and higher risk area which most don't thread.

My strategy is always the bulk in safest areas, with a small portion into higher risk and higher gain areas.
    i see.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Fool me ONCE , shame on YOU.
    Fool me TWICE, shame on ME.
    Fool me 3RD TIME,so STUPID I am.
    Fool me the FOURTH TIME, I need to be CONDEMNED.
    Fool me the FIFTTH TIME, SIX TIME ... I am really a hopeless GAMBLER, not a investor.
    The final tragedy hopeless GAMBLER stage will bring financial disaster to his/her family.

The stock mkt & FX is all about manipulation. My remiser (deg holder) is thinking of quitting after in
    this line for > 15 yrs. Volume too low & earning only as low as $1k/mth or less.

Many investors have been fooled many times & keep losing that most of them give up trading stocks in/out.
    Yesterday Faternoon dow future was down almost 800 pts & Nasdaq future down 500 pts when Trump was leading & likely to win.
    Today, Dow closed up 200+ pts.

I was watching the China CCTV phoenix channel on the US election. One of the China analyst said that TRUMP will win even
    though the 400+ US TV media have done a survey that Clinton will likely to win.

So pls dont be a trader. You will likely to lose due to your weak emotional trading behaviour. Only a very minorities will likely to
    succeed after paying "expensive SCHOOL FEE" to learn from mistakes through many yrs & start to gain experience.

A successful trader knows that part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the
    fight and walk away, and move on to something that’s more productive. But it take years to learn.

So be a patience investors. Let make investing simple.
    =========================================
    1.Money is made by sitting, not trading all the time.

2. Most successful investors, in fact,do nothing most of the time

3. It takes time to make money. Just be very very patience.

3.Once every few years, there will be a crisis. So be patience

4.There is a time for all things, but you & I don't know when. But we know that when there is extreme fear in the mkt. It is the time to invest.

Rowsley Limited
    Nov 15 share price was 0.18
    Nov15 drop to 0.126.
    All time high was 0.60

In Sep 15 Peter Lim- Link firm announced to develop healthcare city in Iskandar. No news till now. But share price has dropped from 0.18 to 0.126.
    So dont touch penny stock. If U want to buy due to " HOPE & GREED" which sometimes you have no control over your mind. Pls buy some lots & it is your spare cash.
    Just to pay a "small school fee" to learn & gain experience to prevent future "EXPENSIVE school fee"

Now Ringgit drop like crazy what to do

Actually this was one other stock I profited from.

Rowsley Limited
    Nov 15 share price was 0.18
    Nov15 drop to 0.126.
    All time high was 0.60

In Sep 15 Peter Lim- Link firm announced to develop healthcare city in Iskandar. No news till now. But share price has dropped from 0.18 to 0.126.
    So dont touch penny stock. If U want to buy due to " HOPE & GREED" which sometimes you have no control over your mind. Pls buy some lots & it is your spare cash.
    Just to pay a "small school fee" to learn & gain experience to prevent future "EXPENSIVE school fee"
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Now Ringgit drop like crazy what to do

Actually this was one other stock I profited from.
    Maybe you should share some of your experience how to be a successful investors.
    reading Chart ?
    expensive software to guide you?
    Any recommendation of a Investment books to read

etc etc

How to trust the banks the FX forecast ?

HSBC --- AUS Vs USD forecast Q42016 = 0.70
    Credit Sui --- AUS Vs USD forecast Q42016 = 0.79

How to trust the banks the FX forecast ?

HSBC --- AUS Vs USD forecast Q42016 = 0.70
    Credit Sui --- AUS Vs USD forecast Q42016 = 0.79
    Thanks Bro Cbsh.

Now I also dont know who to trust when I read all these analysis... I just buy a little and go with the flow.

When I buy, it drops, what I sell, it went up....Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Thanks Bro Cbsh.

Now I also dont know who to trust when I read all these analysis... I just buy a little and go with the flow.

When I buy, it drops, what I sell, it went up....Sigh
    I think it is better for you to buy unit trust. Then treat the unit trust as a "property " collecting rental . Next year (2017) probably will be a good time to buy.
    Below are some of the better fund. Check with your banker for further advise.

Schroder Asian growth fund = Risk 8 (high) (CPF OA , SRS & Cash)
    ====================================================
    Top holding = Alibaba , Tencent, AIA HK, Taiwan TSMC , China mobile , Samsung etc

Historical dividend = 2016 = 10cts , 2015=10 cts 2014=0.115 cts .
    Dec13 price = 2.65
    May15 price = 3.05
    Nov16 price = 2.77

1st state dividend fund - Risk 8 (high) ( CPF OA , SRS CASH)
    ===============================================
    Top holding = OCBC , Taiwan TSMC , CK Hutchsion . LG etc

Historical dividend = 2016 = 6.3cts , 2015=6.6 cts 2014=5.85 cts 2013= 5.5 cts...
    May 12 price = 1.188
    Dec13 price = 1.40
    May15 price = 1.71
    Nov16 rpice = 1.58

Fulleraton SGD income fund - Risk 2 (LOW ) SRS & CASH (dont know why CPF OA not allow)
    =======================================================================
    Top holding - Investment grade bonds

Historical dividend = 2016 = 4.4 cts , 2015=4.2 cts 2014=4.3 cts 2013= 3.8 cts
    Dec12 = 1.046
    May15 = 1.0508
    Nov16 = 1.0453

If you had asked Peter Lim what he uses to guide his actions in the stock market, guess what his answer will be?

I am not even 100th of a Peter Lim but you have already in a previous post summarised my strategies.

If I share fully then the strategies will be at risk of backfiring. What I can say is, several strategies with stocks, including identifying current price below actual market value, can work well to sustain 5% gains annually. Momentum trading is another possibility but must move ahead of the pack consistently.

Maybe you should share some of your experience how to be a successful investors.
    reading Chart ?
    expensive software to guide you?
    Any recommendation of a Investment books to read

etc etc

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I think it is better for you to buy unit trust. Then treat the unit trust as a "property " collecting rental . Next year (2017) probably will be a good time to buy.

Top holding = Alibaba , Tencent, AIA HK, Taiwan TSMC , China mobile , Samsung etc

Dec13 price = 2.65
    May15 price = 3.05
    Nov16 price = 2.77

Historical dividend = 2016 = 6.3cts , 2015=6.6 cts 2014=5.85 cts 2013= 5.5 cts...
    May 12 price = 1.188
    Dec13 price = 1.40
    May15 price = 1.71
    Nov16 rpice = 1.58

Fulleraton SGD income fund - Risk 2 (LOW ) SRS & CASH (dont know why CPF OA not allow)

Dec12 = 1.046
    May15 = 1.0508
    Nov16 = 1.0453

Starhub share price drops 5% today. All time high was 4.7. You bought below <$3 in 2011 & hv the intention to hold for long term. Now you will blame yourself for not selling >$4.. Now Emotional starts to build up. To Hold , ave down ,or sell. The more you know about the movement of the share price. The more you are confused. You may start to react. This is normal reaction for 90%. of the investors.

So for those who are emotionally charge investors. I think you are more suitable to just buy GOOD unit trust fund. But Patience is really key in investing.

Price drop is one area to consider. But I think Starhub dividend rate quite ok if I din remember wrongly. Probably 4% annual dividend?

Vested a long time ago. Now not vested in this.

Starhub share price drops 5% today. All time high was 4.7. You bought below <$3 in 2011 & hv the intention to hold for long term. Now you will blame yourself for not selling >$4.. Now Emotional starts to build up. To Hold , ave down ,or sell. The more you know about the movement of the share price. The more you are confused. You may start to react. This is normal reaction for 90%. of the investors.

So for those who are emotionally charge investors. I think you are more suitable to just buy GOOD unit trust fund. But Patience is really key in investing.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The Physiology of Emotional and Irrational Investing
    ========================================
    When we fear something, we are likely to take measures to avoid it.

The 1st level of fear on a certain stock which you have the intention to buy. It may not be a good price at 1st level of fear.

When the price drops further, the 2nd level of fear comes in. You are confuse. To buy or to wait for it to drop further.

When the price drops even further, the 3rd level of fear comes in. Now you are so FEARFUL that you just want to wait to wait & wait.
    But actually it is the time to buy. But only a few minorities of the experience investors will start to buy.

Cut loss - When a trade turn bad from good. Example Kepcorp
    ================================================
    The 1st CUT LOSS is the most important Right decision you will make if the trade has gone from good to bad.

If the 1st CUT LOSS is not executed . Then the 2nd CUT LOSS at least help you to minimise the losses even more.

But if the 1st & 2nd CUT LOSS are also not executed. You will never have the courage to CUT so it is TOO PAINFUL to CUT.
    You become a LONG TERM INVESTORS. You just HOPE it will go back to the price that it is less PAINFUL to CUT.
    It may take years or will never comes.

Never NEVER NEVER use CPF OA to invest if you are a emotionally charge investors.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

To me, I will NEVER EVER Unit Trusts! (watch out their EXPENSIVE fees (some are hidden and not reported and you won't know even if you read their whole annual unit trust report)!)

The 1st level of fear on a certain stock which you have the intention to buy. It may not be a good price at 1st level of fear.

When the price drops further, the 2nd level of fear comes in. You are confuse. To buy or to wait for it to drop further.

When the price drops even further, the 3rd level of fear comes in. Now you are so FEARFUL that you just want to wait to wait & wait.
    But actually it is the time to buy. But only a few minorities of the experience investors will start to buy.

The 1st CUT LOSS is the most important Right decision you will make if the trade has gone from good to bad.

If the 1st CUT LOSS is not executed . Then the 2nd CUT LOSS at least help you to minimise the losses even more.

But if the 1st & 2nd CUT LOSS are also not executed. You will never have the courage to CUT so it is TOO PAINFUL to CUT.
    You become a LONG TERM INVESTORS. You just HOPE it will go back to the price that it is less PAINFUL to CUT.

Never NEVER NEVER use CPF OA to invest if you are a emotionally charge investors.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    To me, I will NEVER EVER Unit Trusts! (watch out their EXPENSIVE fees (some are hidden and not reported and you won't know even if you read their whole annual unit trust report)!)
    I have to agree with this. Unit trust push by salesman bankers opposing trade. They only sell to you when they need to get rid of it.

Fool me ONCE , shame on YOU.
    Fool me TWICE, shame on ME.
    Fool me 3RD TIME,so STUPID I am.
    Fool me the FOURTH TIME, I need to be CONDEMNED.
    Fool me the FIFTTH TIME, SIX TIME ... I am really a hopeless GAMBLER, not a investor.
    The final tragedy hopeless GAMBLER stage will bring financial disaster to his/her family.

The stock mkt & FX is all about manipulation. My remiser (deg holder) is thinking of quitting after in
    this line for > 15 yrs. Volume too low & earning only as low as $1k/mth or less.

Many investors have been fooled many times & keep losing that most of them give up trading stocks in/out.
    Yesterday Faternoon dow future was down almost 800 pts & Nasdaq future down 500 pts when Trump was leading & likely to win.
    Today, Dow closed up 200+ pts.

I was watching the China CCTV phoenix channel on the US election. One of the China analyst said that TRUMP will win even
    though the 400+ US TV media have done a survey that Clinton will likely to win.

So pls dont be a trader. You will likely to lose due to your weak emotional trading behaviour. Only a very minorities will likely to
    succeed after paying "expensive SCHOOL FEE" to learn from mistakes through many yrs & start to gain experience.

A successful trader knows that part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the
    fight and walk away, and move on to something that’s more productive. But it take years to learn.

So be a patience investors. Let make investing simple.
    =========================================
    1.Money is made by sitting, not trading all the time.

2. Most successful investors, in fact,do nothing most of the time

3. It takes time to make money. Just be very very patience.

3.Once every few years, there will be a crisis. So be patience

4.There is a time for all things, but you & I don't know when. But we know that when there is extreme fear in the mkt. It is the time to invest.

Last Year Aug15, the westerner control Financial media news said that China stunned financial markets by devaluing yuan from 6.30 to 6.4+.
    The big speculators & the Vulture hedge fund started to short Shanghai index. With the help of CNN , Bloomberg , CNBC etc to paint a
    "disaster coming" scenario that China may collaspe. The whole of Asia stock mkt crash. Shanghai index crashed the most. It Drop from
    3300 to 2500. The China govt had to step in to ensure its stability.

Today, Rmb has weaken from 6.48 to 6.89. A 6% dropped from last year Aug15. Shanghai index has recovered from low 2500 to 3200+.
    Nothing happen. Everything seem clam in China & Shanghai index back to 3200+.This show that it is the vulture hedge fund & the western
    financial media are controlling investors through media . So please dont be a TRADERS. Just be patience in your investment.

Last Year Aug15, the westerner control Financial media news said that China stunned financial markets by devaluing yuan from 6.30 to 6.4+.
    The big speculators & the Vulture hedge fund started to short Shanghai index. With the help of CNN , Bloomberg , CNBC etc to paint a
    "disaster coming" scenario that China may collaspe. The whole of Asia stock mkt crash. Shanghai index crashed the most. It Drop from
    3300 to 2500. The China govt had to step in to ensure its stability.

Today, Rmb has weaken from 6.48 to 6.89. A 6% dropped from last year Aug15. Shanghai index has recovered from low 2500 to 3200+.
    Nothing happen. Everything seem clam in China & Shanghai index back to 3200+.This show that it is the vulture hedge fund & the western
    financial media are controlling investors through media . So please dont be a TRADERS. Just be patience in your investment.
    totally agree with you that same story is played differently at different times.

孫子兵法教你打贏,但首先是教你認輸

Opportunities multiply as they are seized. Invest during the Blood in the street. Profit multiply.

He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. Herd instinct investment is a guarantee for failure in long run.

The greatest victory is that which requires patience & no battle.

Know yourself and you will win all battles. Knowing your weakness will avoid a disaster.

All warfare is based on deception. The 21st century investment is
    base on deception. Dont be deceived.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Will DJIA break 20,000 convincingly this time???

Stock - Accumulator on Apple stock. Min US$500k (no gearing)

Spot price = US$136.
    Accumauted @ 93.7% of US$136 = US$127.43 (15 share per day).
    Knock out @ 105% of 136 = US$142.80

*** There must be a reason why the investment banker proposes accumulator on Apple at almost all time high.

FX - Accumator of Euro USD pair (Gear up - accumulate double if EuroUSD >1.11) Min Euro $500k
    Spot price @1.07.
    Get to Sell @1.11
    Knock out @1.047.

*** There must be a reason why the investment banker proposes FX accumulator on EURO USD pair .
    Their tgt is to expect Euro to weaken to 1.01 in 12 mths time.

wow

Private equity fund with institutional investors like pension fund invested in it

Carlye Euro private equity fund launched in Dec 2006 during the bull run.

Amount Euro $250k + extra capital call if required (not informed by the banker at that time)

Holding period = 10 years + 1 + 1 +1 (extension if needed). Also not informed by the banker at that time

Prospectus - 5cm thick & small wording. Did not read. Just signed.

It is a progressive capital call from this E$250k within the period of 10 yrs.

Invest into potential startup companies mainly in Europe to grow & enhance the value of companies. Final stage is to sell at a proft
    or go for IPO to make money. It can also lose money if the investment turn bad.

B4 I invest in this 1st time private equity fund. I was concerned about the liquidity issues. I did ask whether I can sell like a unit trust
    wthin 3-5 yrs if need arise. The banker said NO problem. But it was not . During the Mid 2009 crisis, I was unable to sell even though
    the NAV was est 100k. The bank offer to buy back at DISTRESS price. Almost zero. So I bite the bullet & continue with this fund (only est 100k
    invested) even though there is remaining E$150k capital to be CALLED.

The banker was forced to resigned later in Dec 2009 due to his unprofessional advise on super high risk ACCUMULATORs product to many of his clients.

On the 5th year, I think the capital call is around <$110k. On the 5th yr (2012) , the fund started to have a distribution payout from my investment of est E$110k (still got remaining E1$140k to be CALLED) . From 5th yr (2012) onward up to the 10th year (2017) , the remianing capital call is taken from the capital distribution payout make from the profitable investment by this fund.

So far since 2012 to 2017. the distbution payout from the profitable investment made is E$350k. Nav of the fund is E$92k. Current accumulated capital call since Dec 2006 till 2017 is E$247k. The remaining capital call bal amt is E$3k. It was extended by another 3 yrs. Hopefully, there will be another E$120k to E$200k capital payout from the next 3 yrs.

Final conclusion. Good private equity fund with institutional investors like Pension fund can consider investing if you have a patience to hold very long term.If not, just dont go for it.

============================================================================================
    The bank recently launch another private equity fund mainly invest into US. Also launch during the bull run 2017. But did not go for it .

Interesting strategy.

Phew!

Private equity fund with institutional investors like pension fund invested in it

Amount Euro $250k + extra capital call if required (not informed by the banker at that time)

Holding period = 10 years + 1 + 1 +1 (extension if needed). Also not informed by the banker at that time

Invest into potential startup companies mainly in Europe to grow & enhance the value of companies. Final stage is to sell at a proft

B4 I invest in this 1st time private equity fund. I was concerned about the liquidity issues. I did ask whether I can sell like a unit trust
    wthin 3-5 yrs if need arise. The banker said NO problem. But it was not . During the Mid 2009 crisis, I was unable to sell even though
    the NAV was est 100k. The bank offer to buy back at DISTRESS price. Almost zero. So I bite the bullet & continue with this fund (only est 100k

The banker was forced to resigned later in Dec 2009 due to his unprofessional advise on super high risk ACCUMULATORs product to many of his clients.

On the 5th year, I think the capital call is around <$110k. On the 5th yr (2012) , the fund started to have a distribution payout from my investment of est E$110k (still got remaining E1$140k to be CALLED) . From 5th yr (2012) onward up to the 10th year (2017) , the remianing capital call is taken from the capital distribution payout make from the profitable investment by this fund.

So far since 2012 to 2017. the distbution payout from the profitable investment made is E$350k. Nav of the fund is E$92k. Current accumulated capital call since Dec 2006 till 2017 is E$247k. The remaining capital call bal amt is E$3k. It was extended by another 3 yrs. Hopefully, there will be another E$120k to E$200k capital payout from the next 3 yrs.

Final conclusion. Good private equity fund with institutional investors like Pension fund can consider investing if you have a patience to hold very long term.If not, just dont go for it.

============================================================================================
    The bank recently launch another private equity fund mainly invest into US. Also launch during the bull run 2017. But did not go for it .

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Standard Chartered to Close Private-Equity Unit & Dismisses Private Equity Head. So not every private equity fund will make money.

UOB did launch a private equity fund in 2002. I think they name it IPO fund which mainly invest into new potential start up companies
    in Asia. Min S$200k. I believe it is making money.

Is wing tai worth buying? Current price S$1.78.
    Last edited by richwang; 03-03-17 at 13:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

u can consider poems SBP or OCBC Share accumlator if you want to use SRS.

u can also buy he same ETF with it. the over head cost is $6 per mth for 2 counters which is very efficient if u do min 500 to 1K
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Over the last 20+ years of investment. I find that the ability to control & manage ones emotional trading behaviour (grreed , fearful , hopeful etc ) is the most crucial for a successful investors. Sadly, there is no short cut toward better manage your emotional trading behaviour. It is a long process where you need to pay expensive lesson to learn from it. Most of them may not learn through out their whole investing experience. Mistakes keep repeating itself as human have a very short memories.

Many investors get investment "info" from such as mainstream media, financial news, friends, family ,colleague etc. Many investors get enticed by the market during periods of market calm (low volatility) and prolonged bull markets.

Bull markets are periods when the market tends to go up indiscriminately. During such times of market exuberance, investors tend to listen to stories from friends or family members about how much money they are making in the market, creating a stir and compelling those not invested to test the waters.

I got a friend who is a boss of a SME. They supply small machines parts to Jap & US mnc. They Japanese praise him & told him he can be compared to Japanese top engineers who has the abilities to build a small complex machining parts. But when comes to investing into stock market, he lost 1 million+ . He got all the 99% of the retail common mistakes. GREEDY , FEARFUL , HOPEFUL etc etc. He has since stop investing. Just concentrate on building & growing his company.

After the Lehman crisis in 2008/09, I find that the traditional investment strategy does not work well. More & more wallstreet bankers, big US sepculators , manipulators etc are using the new technologies to rig & manipulate the market. The biggest manipulators are now the central banker , the US FED and European central bank. Just look at one of the most outstanding investors like Soros, Marc Faber , Jim Rogger etc. All the prediction are not right. George Soros lost nearly $1 billion after the stock market surged following Donald Trump's unexpected Nov. 8 election victory.

Some of my friends ask me despite the sign of US FED going to rasie the interest rate. Why our SG fixed D keeping going down? From last year 1.6% to 1.8%. Now <1% for most of the local bank. I really dont know. Depsite the crisis in the "PIGS countries' high debts, the European stock mkt (Euro $ breaking new low) keep breaking new high just like US mkt. Depsite the brexit, the FSTE 100 (london) keep breaking new high. The pound keeps breaking new low.

So I dont follow all the analysts , my bankers & bank research recommendation. I only follow my " FEAR guage". Am I very fearful that I am thinking of selling (which is the time to buy) ? Or most of friends are very pessimistic ? That is they tend to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen.

When my friends ask me whether this or that stock can buy or not. My reply to my friends is that I DONT KNOW. But I am 200% very sure that when there is extreme fearful in the mkt. It is time to buy blue chip (not penny stocks). Never allow yourself to go into concentrate risk. Single country risk , single sector risk (oil & gas or ppty etc) etc.

Another 200% very sure investment is our CPF AAAAA rated " bond ". Defintely Can sleep very well at nite. I told them not to use CPF OA to pay for the housing loan if they have excess liquid cash. The best is that to transfer their CPF OA to CPF SA (161k ) to the full retirement sum (now is 166k) as young or early as possible.

I remember very clearly in Dec 2015 when US mainstream media, financial news & the speculators were talking the end of Russia. They are going to be bankrupt. I keep thinking whether I should be Russia equity fund now. I am hesiating to buy US$50k or US$100k for a few days. I finally just bite the bullet & buy US$50k & a bit regret the moment I bought (which is a good sign I thought ). I later sell ONLY at 10% profit after only for a few mths. If I sell now, easily >40% profit. I also bought Russia VTB bank due 2017 (Aus$). Too bad, I sold too early.

My recent ones is the European bank 10.5% bank (AAA rating) but denominate in brazilain real (currency risk) . FYI, brazilian real currency (1 EURO = 3.3) weaken from 2.5 ( 2012) to 4+ (2015) . I keep hesitating for 2 mths. Finally bought 99.95 @ Xrate of 3.53. A few mths later sold @100 at Xrate of 3.4 (now Xrate 3.3). Take profit too early.

Some so call guru or analyst recommend Keppel corp @ 11 , semcorp $5 etc base on book value, good management team etc. I just dont follow. I only follow my own "FEAR guage". am I extreme fearful ?. Keep investing simple. Trading is a waste of time. My older friend after trading for 30 yrs only manage or maybe breakeven only now. He is lucky that he bet big just on LVS @US$2+ in 2009. That how he is able to breakeven .

My niece who is a new investor asked me early 2016 whether can buy kep corp @4.9. I told him can buy just base on FEAR guage (I dont think he is fully understand. He bought @4.9. Just a few days ago, he asked me whether can sell @7.20. I said yes base on 50% profit (+ dividend) within 1 yr. . I did ask him to look into Global reit which just recently [email protected]. He really bought it @1.27. I told him keep this reit like a "HDB flat " renting own. Dont bother to see the price movement. But like a new investors emotional behaivour (greed) He base on his friend recommendation to buy Gold mining stock CNMC @0.51. This stock is from 0.16 in 2015 & break new high 0.60 in 2016. My remiser (maybe some of this company securites remisers ) told me he bet almost of all his saving on CNMC. This company security recently has a tgt price for CNMC @ $1.00. I can U see their strategy (ill intention ?). I told him a strong sell to him. He sold at a loss @0.42 & tell him never never buy penny stock in his entire investing life time. He will never make it in long run.

Over the last 20+ years of investment. I find that the ability to control & manage ones emotional trading behaviour (grreed , fearful , hopeful etc ) is the most crucial for a successful investors. Sadly, there is no short cut toward better manage your emotional trading behaviour. It is a long process where you need to pay expensive lesson to learn from it. Most of them may not learn through out their whole investing experience. Mistakes keep repeating itself as human have a very short memories.

Many investors get investment "info" from such as mainstream media, financial news, friends, family ,colleague etc. Many investors get enticed by the market during periods of market calm (low volatility) and prolonged bull markets.

Bull markets are periods when the market tends to go up indiscriminately. During such times of market exuberance, investors tend to listen to stories from friends or family members about how much money they are making in the market, creating a stir and compelling those not invested to test the waters.

I got a friend who is a boss of a SME. They supply small machines parts to Jap & US mnc. They Japanese praise him & told him he can be compared to Japanese top engineers who has the abilities to build a small complex machining parts. But when comes to investing into stock market, he lost 1 million+ . He got all the 99% of the retail common mistakes. GREEDY , FEARFUL , HOPEFUL etc etc. He has since stop investing. Just concentrate on building & growing his company.

After the Lehman crisis in 2008/09, I find that the traditional investment strategy does not work well. More & more wallstreet bankers, big US sepculators , manipulators etc are using the new technologies to rig & manipulate the market. The biggest manipulators are now the central banker , the US FED and European central bank. Just look at one of the most outstanding investors like Soros, Marc Faber , Jim Rogger etc. All the prediction are not right. George Soros lost nearly $1 billion after the stock market surged following Donald Trump's unexpected Nov. 8 election victory.

Some of my friends ask me despite the sign of US FED going to rasie the interest rate. Why our SG fixed D keeping going down? From last year 1.6% to 1.8%. Now <1% for most of the local bank. I really dont know. Depsite the crisis in the "PIGS countries' high debts, the European stock mkt (Euro $ breaking new low) keep breaking new high just like US mkt. Depsite the brexit, the FSTE 100 (london) keep breaking new high. The pound keeps breaking new low.

So I dont follow all the analysts , my bankers & bank research recommendation. I only follow my " FEAR guage". Am I very fearful that I am thinking of selling (which is the time to buy) ? Or most of friends are very pessimistic ? That is they tend to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen.

When my friends ask me whether this or that stock can buy or not. My reply to my friends is that I DONT KNOW. But I am 200% very sure that when there is extreme fearful in the mkt. It is time to buy blue chip (not penny stocks). Never allow yourself to go into concentrate risk. Single country risk , single sector risk (oil & gas or ppty etc) etc.

Another 200% very sure investment is our CPF AAAAA rated " bond ". Defintely Can sleep very well at nite. I told them not to use CPF OA to pay for the housing loan if they have excess liquid cash. The best is that to transfer their CPF OA to CPF SA (161k ) to the full retirement sum (now is 166k) as young or early as possible.

I remember very clearly in Dec 2015 when US mainstream media, financial news & the speculators were talking the end of Russia. They are going to be bankrupt. I keep thinking whether I should be Russia equity fund now. I am hesiating to buy US$50k or US$100k for a few days. I finally just bite the bullet & buy US$50k & a bit regret the moment I bought (which is a good sign I thought ). I later sell ONLY at 10% profit after only for a few mths. If I sell now, easily >40% profit. I also bought Russia VTB bank due 2017 (Aus$). Too bad, I sold too early.

My recent ones is the European bank 10.5% bank (AAA rating) but denominate in brazilain real (currency risk) . FYI, brazilian real currency (1 EURO = 3.3) weaken from 2.5 ( 2012) to 4+ (2015) . I keep hesitating for 2 mths. Finally bought 99.95 @ Xrate of 3.53. A few mths later sold @100 at Xrate of 3.4 (now Xrate 3.3). Take profit too early.

Some so call guru or analyst recommend Keppel corp @ 11 , semcorp $5 etc base on book value, good management team etc. I just dont follow. I only follow my own "FEAR guage". am I extreme fearful ?. Keep investing simple. Trading is a waste of time. My older friend after trading for 30 yrs only manage or maybe breakeven only now. He is lucky that he bet big just on LVS @US$2+ in 2009. That how he is able to breakeven .

My niece who is a new investor asked me early 2016 whether can buy kep corp @4.9. I told him can buy just base on FEAR guage (I dont think he is fully understand. He bought @4.9. Just a few days ago, he asked me whether can sell @7.20. I said yes base on 50% profit (+ dividend) within 1 yr. . I did ask him to look into Global reit which just recently [email protected]. He really bought it @1.27. I told him keep this reit like a "HDB flat " renting own. Dont bother to see the price movement. But like a new investors emotional behaivour (greed) He base on his friend recommendation to buy Gold mining stock CNMC @0.51. This stock is from 0.16 in 2015 & break new high 0.60 in 2016. My remiser (maybe some of this company securites remisers ) told me he bet almost of all his saving on CNMC. This company security recently has a tgt price for CNMC @ $1.00. I can U see their strategy (ill intention ?). I told him a strong sell to him. He sold at a loss @0.42 & tell him never never buy penny stock in his entire investing life time. He will never make it in long run.
    good advice
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Dec13 price = 2.65
    May15 price = 3.05
    Nov16 price = 2.77

May 12 price = 1.188
    Dec13 price = 1.40
    May15 price = 1.71
    Nov16 rpice = 1.58

Dec12 = 1.046
    May15 = 1.0508
    Nov16 = 1.0453
    A very emotional investor will be more fearful buying individual stock during the " extreme fearful" time.
    So it will be better off buying unit trust (diversify risk) rather than buying individual stock (concentration risk).

Dec13 price = 2.65
    May15 price = 3.05
    Nov16 price = 2.77
    Mar17 price = 3.06 - (3.06-2.77)/2.77 = 10% minus 1% sale charge = UP 9%

May 12 price = 1.188
    Dec13 price = 1.40
    May15 price = 1.71
    Nov16 price = 1.58
    Mar17 price = 1.68 1.68+0.016(Dividend) - 1.58 = 0.116 divide by 1.58 = 7% minus 1% sale charge =UP 6%

Dec12 = 1.046
    May15 = 1.0508
    Nov16 = 1.0453
    Mar17 = 1.0525 1.0525+ 0.011(dividend) -( 1.0452 ) = 0.0183 divide by 1.0452 = 1.7% minus 1% sale charge = 0.7%

During the equity bull run, the experience investor may just switch from equity (high risk) fund to income fund (low risk) .Switching to same fund name is usually free . Then patiently wait for the "EXTREME fear" time (stock big correction) & switch back from income fund to equity fund.
    But switching timing is usually not perfect.

[QUOTE=cbsh38584;509043]
    Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post

Currently, there is no blue chip stock I would like to buy as there is little FEAR in the market. Maybe wait for Keppcorp to fall below $7.
    There is only one speculative stock I am interested in . That is NOBLE. GROUP. That is extreme FEAR in this stock. But it is not suitable
    for U as it is TOO SPECULATIVE.

SHAREHOLDER NO OF SHS PERCENTAGE RECENT ACTION/STATUS

1 NOBLE HOLDINGS 1436327737= 21.94%
    2 CHINA INVESTMENT CORP 630559454= 9.63%
    3 ORBIS HOLDINGS LTD 541038094= 8.26%
    4 FRANKLIN RESOURCES 531277670= 8.11%
    5 PRUDENTIAL PLC 529795371 =8.09%
    6 INVESCO LTD 331416270= 5.06%

In 2015, my friend called me that CMIB banker recommended Noble 3.65% bond (Due Mar18). The bond price has dropped from 100 to
    around 80+. Base on the big insituition holding. There is a chance that it should be OK but be prepared to have many sleepless nite.
    Mths later, it drop to <60. Today, the price is around 98. Noble has just recently managed to issue new bond @8.75% (Due Mar22).
    Price is 98. But will not buy as I have quite a few "COWBOY" bond or junk bond.
    2020 redemption price @ 104.3750%
    2021 redemption price @ 102.1875%

But those holding speculative Noble stock since 2013 that was when Noble issued the 3.65% bond. They are losing alot of money . The noble share price dropped from $1.4 to 0.2 (not yet include right issue). At least >80% paper loss.

I applied Kopitiam @0.25 (Kimly) using two acct each 501,000 shares. Cant believe get zero allocation.
    I told my friend to apply for this hot IPO. He applied using 4 acct (wife ,father, mother & himself) each 101,000. 3 acct get zero allocation. Luckily 1 acct manage to get $6000 ($1250).

Today Kopitiam share opening price @ 0.55. Cant believe the opening price is 0.55. 100% return.