Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: STOCKS THREAD

GREED is no1 killer when comes to investing
    ===================================
    When you are greedy, you tend to fail & lose $ .

When you are too greedy, you tend to have more debt,

When you are very greedy, you tend to bring disaster to you
    and your family members.

When you are hopeless greedy, likely you will go to HELL.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post

and your family members.

When you are greedy, you tend to lose your patience & got the entry timing wrong.
    You tend to fail & lose $ in stock.

That's why I decided that I must be less greedy and park my money in safer investments, sometimes even safe from my own hands.

I have been managing stocks well (nett 5% or more annual gains) but once the amounts get large, I don't feel safe with it being the main investment instrument.

But every other person who invest in high gains instruments will curse the so-called "safe" investment vehicle I have chosen on for the majority of my funds.

and your family members.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    That's why I decided that I must be less greedy and park my money in safer investments, sometimes even safe from my own hands.

I have been managing stocks well (nett 5% or more annual gains) but once the amounts get large, I don't feel safe with it being the main investment instrument.

But every other person who invest in high gains instruments will curse the so-called "safe" investment vehicle I have chosen on for the majority of my funds.
    GREED KILLS HIM
    ===========
    Just 6 mths ago, my relative gave me a insider tip to buy at US OTC stock. It was US$0.20. tgt $1.00. He use 20k & make
    the 1st round. Make U very happy. Put more extra $30k. Continue to speculate. End result loss 49k+ within 6 mths as they
    stock drop<0.20.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Noble has dropped further to S$0.345 !!!!!!!!! Wow!
    Be warned again!
    2nd rating agency downgraded it to junk status in investment rating!
    After the 3rd one do so, the next shoe would have dropped!
    What will happen after that? Who knows.................

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Noble has now dropped to S$0.40 !

I continue my warning : Beware!

Last Nov15, the fortunate teller told me that I am a risker take. Can make or break. Tell me I need to avoid any investment in the next 3-4 mths.
    I did not listen to his advice 100% but I did not buy any bond. Instead I sold off a lot of my bond holding. I switch to more into dual currency investment. As usually , only do short term "FEAR" trading stock. Bought [email protected]. Sold off @18.30. Now $16.20. All my cash is used to do more
    dual currency investment pair I am very similar.

I Q to buy capmall trust retail bond 3.08% due 2021 @0.98 during the "FEAR" period yesterday. Nearly executed as 20 lots was done @0.981. Will try again.

I believe by now U should know how important & valuable our CPF money. It is really our last level of
    defence for our retirement in case we really screw out our investment. Some may think that IF I have
    contribute CASH $ into my CPF instead investing in stock market losing tons of $. It will be better off &
    have more money in CPF for retirement.

I told my relative (ppty agent) many years ago to self contribute cash into his CPF earning higher interest.
    But he was against CPF min sum. So he only contribute to his medisave acct (compulsory). He has lost >200k
    in stock due to WEAK EMOTIONAL trading behaviour.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I will never ever contribute money voluntarily into CPF.....
    Limited investment choice, low return, not guaranteed by the government (sad but true!)..................

It is strange that despite CPF being a govt-mandatory scheme, the money you contributed into CPF and remains as cash there is not specifically spelled out to be protected by the government. Despite this fact being raised by some MPs, the govt still refused to write into law that they will guarantee CPF cash. Strange indeed! What is their worry?

I believe by now U should know how important & valuable our CPF money. It is really our last level of
    defence for our retirement in case we really screw out our investment. Some may think that IF I have
    contribute CASH $ into my CPF instead investing in stock market losing tons of $. It will be better off &
    have more money in CPF for retirement.

I told my relative (ppty agent) many years ago to self contribute cash into his CPF earning higher interest.
    But he was against CPF min sum. So he only contribute to his medisave acct (compulsory). He has lost >200k
    in stock due to WEAK EMOTIONAL trading behaviour.

Just FYI.

China’s 2016 Yuan Policy

Date January 7, 2016

What is China doing with the Yuan?

1. Front loading yuan weakness

2. Yuan depreciation is a policy tool. With SDR decision in the rearview mirror, China is stepping up their currency reform. Its the first year of their 5 year plan to rebalance the economy

3. Yuan intervention overnight is a familiar tactic used by the PBoC. Back in August, they weakened the Yuan 2% and then intervened by ordering state banks to buy yuan in an effort to drive out speculators.

Why are they doing this?

1. Currency is Overvalued

2. Weaker Currency is Consistent with Monetary Easing

3. Its Competitive Devaluation

4. Necessary part of their plan to provide underlying support for their economy as they shift from export to consumption

Consequences

1. These actions will flame the currency war in the region

2. Kills the Fed’s chance of tightening in March

3. More outflows

4. More yuan weakness with intervention to slow the decline

5. Yuan weakness is one of the greatest risks for the financial markets in the near term because a weaker yuan means less purchasing power for Chinese individuals and businesses = weaker profitability for US businesses selling to China

6.75 is our target for USD/CNY

Excellent analysis.

Just FYI.

China’s 2016 Yuan Policy

Date January 7, 2016

What is China doing with the Yuan?

1. Front loading yuan weakness

2. Yuan depreciation is a policy tool. With SDR decision in the rearview mirror, China is stepping up their currency reform. Its the first year of their 5 year plan to rebalance the economy

3. Yuan intervention overnight is a familiar tactic used by the PBoC. Back in August, they weakened the Yuan 2% and then intervened by ordering state banks to buy yuan in an effort to drive out speculators.

Why are they doing this?

1. Currency is Overvalued

2. Weaker Currency is Consistent with Monetary Easing

3. Its Competitive Devaluation

4. Necessary part of their plan to provide underlying support for their economy as they shift from export to consumption

Consequences

1. These actions will flame the currency war in the region

2. Kills the Fed’s chance of tightening in March

3. More outflows

4. More yuan weakness with intervention to slow the decline

5. Yuan weakness is one of the greatest risks for the financial markets in the near term because a weaker yuan means less purchasing power for Chinese individuals and businesses = weaker profitability for US businesses selling to China

6.75 is our target for USD/CNY

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Bought (A$51k) BHP during the "commodity FEAR period " at "extreme FEAR PRICE" A$61.62 on 18Dec15.
    Today sold @A$18.30 at 10% profit.

I should have bought STD chart during the "extreme fear time" pound$480. I hesitate . Now price is pound$580.
    A 20% up within 10 days. What a waste opportunity for me. Next year will have more of this "FEAR" price as
    it will be very volatile .
    Bought [email protected]. Sold @18.30 before Christmas holiday. Now @$15.67. Almost 15% drop from high $18.30
    Now waiting to see whether BHP to issue Right shares.

It maybe the same for Kepcorp / SembCorp & other blue chip.

The current market is what I worry about placing hundreds of thousands into others' hands.

By minimising the amounts involved for stocks, the quality of my sleep and weekends are way better. That might translate into better health I hope.

So it's always opportune to consider which instruments to adopt and how much to put into each. There should be a drastic flight to safer assets soon.

High potential gains high volatility.

My emergency cash is on standby if the storm grows stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Bought [email protected]. Sold @18.30 before Christmas holiday. Now @$15.67. Almost 15% drop from high $18.30
    Now waiting to see whether BHP to issue Right shares.

It maybe the same for Kepcorp / SembCorp & other blue chip.

I have been telling all my friends to be very very patience since 2012 until they lost patience & start to
    jokes to me about what the Chinese proverb (君子报仇,十年未晚) quoted many times. The crisis cycle is
    getting shorter & shorter as year passes due to internet technologies.

君子报仇,十年未晚. If U understand this Chinese proverb. U will be a successful investor.

=============================================================================================
    A very sad day for many retail investors. Many are losing hard earn money. They still don't know the world stock market is manipulated after investing for so many years. Keep repeating the same mistakes again & again. GOLDMAN SACH is the smartest strategist . They knows how to make billions of dollars through manipulation.

Fool me ONCE , shame on YOU.
    Fool me TWICE, shame on ME.
    Fool me 3RD TIME,SO STUPID I am.
    Fool me the FOURTH TIME, I need to be CONDEMNED.
    Fool me the FIFTTH TIME, SIX TIME ... I am really a hopeless GAMBLER, not a investor. The final tragedy hopeless GAMBLER stage will bring financial disaster to his/her family

Remember MUST be patience to invest.
    君子报仇,十年未晚. If U understand this Chinese proverb. U will be a successful investor.

When a investor want to be rich in investing stock, ten years is not long late to wait; one should bide one’s time and wait for the right opportunity to seek buy when there is blood in the street.

==============================================================================================

I have been telling all my friends to be very very patience since 2012 until they lost patience & start to
    jokes to me about what the Chinese proverb (君子报仇,十年未晚) quoted many times. The crisis cycle is
    getting shorter & shorter as year passes due to internet technologies.

=============================================================================================
    A very sad day for many retail investors. Many are losing hard earn money. They still don't know the world stock market is manipulated after investing for so many years. Keep repeating the same mistakes again & again. GOLDMAN SACH is the smartest strategist . They knows how to make billions of dollars through manipulation.

Fool me ONCE , shame on YOU.
    Fool me TWICE, shame on ME.
    Fool me 3RD TIME,SO STUPID I am.
    Fool me the FOURTH TIME, I need to be CONDEMNED.
    Fool me the FIFTTH TIME, SIX TIME ... I am really a hopeless GAMBLER, not a investor. The final tragedy hopeless GAMBLER stage will bring financial disaster to his/her family

Remember MUST be patience to invest.

When a investor want to be rich in investing stock, ten years is not long late to wait; one should bide one’s time and wait for the right opportunity to seek buy when there is blood in the street.

==============================================================================================
    Bro cbsh

Tomorrow is good time to buy?

To buy or not to buy now is very individual, those with already stocks in hand and still have spare cash can average or leverage. Those without stocks in hand can start to accumulate. Like me I rather wait till clearer signal and everything settle down then go in but the gain is minimal. Btw lets listen to experts

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Bro cbsh

Tomorrow is good time to buy?
    82% of the investors say it is time to switch some CASH to buy now. But majorities agree that the PANIC button has not been
    triggered yet. I believe U don't sense any panic yet. So do I.

As for U, your risk profile is more toward "low risk, less volatility ". So U can consider to buy some SPH or Singtel or Starhub. Don't put
    everything into SG stock (countries risk - slow growth).

May U can consider US stock like APPLE (now 98) if it drop further (maybe below 90 if it happen). Maybe EXXON mobile ,
    oil stock (now 73+) <70.

more blood letting in the equity with the FEB big unwind. Commodity are down USD are up.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

82% of the investors say it is time to switch some CASH to buy now. But majorities agree that the PANIC button has not been
    triggered yet. I believe U don't sense any panic yet. So do I.

As for U, your risk profile is more toward "low risk, less volatility ". So U can consider to buy some SPH or Singtel or Starhub. Don't put
    everything into SG stock (countries risk - slow growth).

May U can consider US stock like APPLE (now 98) if it drop further (maybe below 90 if it happen). Maybe EXXON mobile ,
    oil stock (now 73+) <70.
    Volatility will continue till Mid Mar16 . Meeting on US FED rate hike.

RBS tells investors: 'Sell everything'
    Ambrose Evans-Pritchard -Jan 12, 2016

RBS has tipped Wall Street stocks to fall by as much as 20%. Photo: Richard Drew

The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has advised clients to brace for a "cataclysmic year" and a global deflationary crisis, warning that the major stock markets could fall by a fifth and oil may reach $US16 a barrel.
    The bank's credit team said markets are flashing the same stress alerts as they did before the Lehman crisis in 2008.
    "Sell everything except high quality bonds. This is about return of capital, not return on capital. In a crowded hall, exit doors are small," it said in a client note.
    Andrew Roberts, the bank's credit chief, said both global trade and loans are contracting, a nasty cocktail for corporate balance sheets and equity earnings, and uncharted waters given that debt ratios have reached record highs.
    "China has set off a major correction and it is going to snowball. Equities and credit have become very dangerous, and we have hardly even begun to retrace the 'Goldilocks' love-in of the last two years," he said.
    Mr Roberts expects Wall Street and European stocks to fall by 10pc to 20pc, with an even deeper slide for the FTSE-100 thanks to its high weighting of energy and commodities.
    "London is vulnerable to a negative shock. All these people who are 'long' oil and mining companies thinking the dividends are safe are going to discover that they're not at all safe," he said.
    Brent oil prices will continue to slide after breaking through a key technical level at $US34.40, with a "bear flag" and "Fibonacci" signals pointing to a floor of $US16.
    The bank said a paralysed Opec seems incapable of responding to a deepening slowdown in Asia, the swing region for global oil demand.
    Morgan Stanley has also slashed its oil forecast, warning that Brent could fall to $US20 if the US dollar keeps rising, arguing that oil is intensely leveraged to any move in the dollar and is now playing second fiddle to currency effects.
    RBS forecast that yields on 10-year German Bunds would fall in time to an all-time low of 0.16pc in a flight to safety, and may break zero as deflationary forces tighten their grip.
    The European Central Bank's policy rate will fall to minus 0.7pc. US Treasuries will fall to rock-bottom levels in sympathy, hammering hedge funds that have shorted US bonds in a very crowded "reflation trade".
    RBS issued a dire warning for the global economy in November but events have move even faster than feared. It estimates that the US economy slowed to a growth rate of 0.5pc in the fourth quarter, and accuses the US Federal Reserve of "playing with fire" by raising rates into the teeth of the storm. "There has been severe monetary tightening in the US from the rising dollar," it said.
    RBS said the epicentre of global stress is China, where debt-driven expansion has reached saturation. The country now faces a surge in capital flight and needs a "dramatically lower" currency, a fresh leg of the rolling global drama that is likely to play out fast and furiously.
    "We are deeply sceptical of the consensus that the authorities can 'buy time' by their heavy intervention in cutting reserve ratio requirements (RRR), rate cuts, and easing in fiscal policy," it said.
    Mr Roberts said the tightening cycle by the Anglo-Saxon central banks is already over. There will no rate rises by the Bank of England before the downturn hits, and the next action by the Fed may be a humiliating volte-face and a rate cut.

the BEARS are OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    RBS tells investors: 'Sell everything'
    Ambrose Evans-Pritchard -Jan 12, 2016

RBS has tipped Wall Street stocks to fall by as much as 20%. Photo: Richard Drew

The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has advised clients to brace for a "cataclysmic year" and a global deflationary crisis, warning that the major stock markets could fall by a fifth and oil may reach $US16 a barrel.
    The bank's credit team said markets are flashing the same stress alerts as they did before the Lehman crisis in 2008.
    "Sell everything except high quality bonds. This is about return of capital, not return on capital. In a crowded hall, exit doors are small," it said in a client note.
    Andrew Roberts, the bank's credit chief, said both global trade and loans are contracting, a nasty cocktail for corporate balance sheets and equity earnings, and uncharted waters given that debt ratios have reached record highs.
    "China has set off a major correction and it is going to snowball. Equities and credit have become very dangerous, and we have hardly even begun to retrace the 'Goldilocks' love-in of the last two years," he said.
    Mr Roberts expects Wall Street and European stocks to fall by 10pc to 20pc, with an even deeper slide for the FTSE-100 thanks to its high weighting of energy and commodities.
    "London is vulnerable to a negative shock. All these people who are 'long' oil and mining companies thinking the dividends are safe are going to discover that they're not at all safe," he said.
    Brent oil prices will continue to slide after breaking through a key technical level at $US34.40, with a "bear flag" and "Fibonacci" signals pointing to a floor of $US16.
    The bank said a paralysed Opec seems incapable of responding to a deepening slowdown in Asia, the swing region for global oil demand.
    Morgan Stanley has also slashed its oil forecast, warning that Brent could fall to $US20 if the US dollar keeps rising, arguing that oil is intensely leveraged to any move in the dollar and is now playing second fiddle to currency effects.
    RBS forecast that yields on 10-year German Bunds would fall in time to an all-time low of 0.16pc in a flight to safety, and may break zero as deflationary forces tighten their grip.
    The European Central Bank's policy rate will fall to minus 0.7pc. US Treasuries will fall to rock-bottom levels in sympathy, hammering hedge funds that have shorted US bonds in a very crowded "reflation trade".
    RBS issued a dire warning for the global economy in November but events have move even faster than feared. It estimates that the US economy slowed to a growth rate of 0.5pc in the fourth quarter, and accuses the US Federal Reserve of "playing with fire" by raising rates into the teeth of the storm. "There has been severe monetary tightening in the US from the rising dollar," it said.
    RBS said the epicentre of global stress is China, where debt-driven expansion has reached saturation. The country now faces a surge in capital flight and needs a "dramatically lower" currency, a fresh leg of the rolling global drama that is likely to play out fast and furiously.
    "We are deeply sceptical of the consensus that the authorities can 'buy time' by their heavy intervention in cutting reserve ratio requirements (RRR), rate cuts, and easing in fiscal policy," it said.
    Mr Roberts said the tightening cycle by the Anglo-Saxon central banks is already over. There will no rate rises by the Bank of England before the downturn hits, and the next action by the Fed may be a humiliating volte-face and a rate cut.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Volatility will continue till Mid Mar16 . Meeting on US FED rate hike.
    Yesterday, STI index up 45pts. Today down 45. Unbelievable. Volatility will continue to Mid Mar16 on
    FED rate hike meeting. " really Stun like a vegetable"

In Nov 2015, the fortunate teller who advise me not to invest in stock mkt for the next 3-4 mths .
    It seems to be very true. Telling me to trust him as it is accurate. Luckily, I hit & run type for my stock.

Yesterday, STI index up 45pts. Today down 45. Unbelievable. Volatility will continue to Mid Mar16 on
    FED rate hike meeting. " really Stun like a vegetable"

In Nov 2015, the fortunate teller who advise me not to invest in stock mkt for the next 3-4 mths .
    It seems to be very true. Telling me to trust him as it is accurate. Luckily, I hit & run type for my stock.
    My another bank told me that a lot of her clients are very unhappy by recommending long Japan & Europe equity.
    She told me it is their research team that give her the recommendation but it did not expect it to correct so steep
    & fast. Lesson learned . NEVER TRUST the bank recommendation. ONLY TRUST "FEAR".

In 2012, CS recommended STRONG BUY Amundi VIX fund (volatility) which I bought @140+. Decided to cut loss (130+) 6%+ after holding 6 mths.
    Just last mth, DEC'15, I told them I want to buy again AMUNDI VIX fund US$100k. This time around, they say it is NOT RECOMMENDED. I told them
    I will invest those that is NOT RECOMMENDED by the bank. They just laugh at me at my comments Today, it is up 3%.

My another bank told me that a lot of her clients are very unhappy by recommending long Japan & Europe equity.
    She told me it is their research team that give her the recommendation but it did not expect it to correct so steep
    & fast. Lesson learned . NEVER TRUST the bank recommendation. ONLY TRUST "FEAR".

In 2012, CS recommended STRONG BUY Amundi VIX fund (volatility) which I bought @140+. Decided to cut loss (130+) 6%+ after holding 6 mths.
    Just last mth, DEC'15, I told them I want to buy again AMUNDI VIX fund US$100k. This time around, they say it is NOT RECOMMENDED. I told them
    I will invest those that is NOT RECOMMENDED by the bank. They just laugh at me at my comments Today, it is up 3%.
    Bro, can give me yr fortune teller contact?

I bought quite a fair bit of banks shares recently, now down $2-3 dollars .. Jialat

I bought quite a fair bit of banks shares recently, now down $2-3 dollars .. Jialat

Don't worry if U have holding power. As long U don't buy lousy or Penny stock.
    The Vulture hedge funds are attacking HK$ betting HK government cannot defence
    the Pegging to US$. It thereby causing HK stock mkt to down 700+. It also affect
    SG stock mkt.

I threw away his name card.I saw quite a few MediaCorp actress (Pan Ling Ling) in his
    advertisement. I think he is not famous.

Callable Barrier Reverse Convertible on Global Indices
    ==================================
    This structure product was launched in Oct14. You will got a USD 3 Month LIBOR + 5% p.a.
    The barrier is 50% for three index FSTE (LONDON) , US S&P & HK "H" share. It make me
    very worry when they come out this 50% barrier for index stock. almost close to 2008/2009 crisis
    level index. Most of them may think that not possible to drop to 2008/2009 level.

In Nov15, I checked with my banker whether this structure note has been knock out. It was not (alive) & still able
    to add in (invest) if I want to. For the past 15 mths Oct14 to Dec15, the banks have been actively asking
    clients to invest & continue to collect & grow to huge amt. With the huge $$$ collected from clients. They
    will start their strategy . That it SHORT the index with our "invested $$$ " in this note.

Then in late Dec15, they relaunched a similar note but a little better coupon. I took my banker I am not going
    to invest & let them use my money to let them to the "SHORTING". My friend in early Jan16 also told me
    DBS has the same product & I told him not to invest.

====================================================================
    Key considerations for this product
    • Conservative barrier which is 50% of the respective prevailing index level
    • Attractive return in uncertain times where you may not easily achieve returns of USD 3 Month LIBOR + 5% p.a. with direct investments
    • Potential to benefit in the rising interest rate
    Indicative Terms and Conditions:
    Issuer
    Investment Tenor
    Early redemption
    Currency
    Underlying
    Coupon
    Coupon Frequency
    Barrier
    Barrier observation
    Subscription
    Initial Fixing
    Credit Suisse International, London (A / A1)
    3 years
    Quarterly at issuer’s discretion
    USD
    HSCEI, S&P 500, FTSE 100
    USD 3 Month LIBOR + 5% p.a.
    Quarterly
    50% of Initial Level
    Daily closing level of the underlying
    Until 12 p.m. (SGT/HKT), 30th October 2014
    Based on the Reference Index closing level as of 30th October 2014

SGD$1 = A$0.9945.
    Do dual currency SGD base against Aus at below A$0.97+ 0.99+ is quite safe.
    Range bound 0.98 to 1.03+ for the past 8 mths.

SGD$1 = Cad$0.993. (high was 1.35).
    If U think oil will recover in 2nd half. Can do SGD base against cad & strike 0.98.

Recently launch interesting step down Note on Apple , Microsoft & Citigroup. Coupon 8%. Tenor 12 months.
    Strike (converted) price 95%. Barrier 60%. Autocall start 96%(1st mth observation date) follow by auto callstep 2%

This is a very interesting note. The BARRIER is so DEEP at 60% for BLUE chip. What does the 60% barrier tell U about the APPLE or Microsoft or citigroup.
    Will one of the stock drop bwteen 20% to 40% ? If yes, it mean the Dow jones is likely to have a big correction. I maybe wrong. Let observe & see
    what does the BARRIER 60% for the Step down note future 3 stocks movement & dow jones & Nasdaq.

12th Nov15 opening price
    ================
    Microsoft spot price $53.48
    Apple Spot price $116.25
    Citigroup spot price $54.52

Strike (converted) price 95% if barrier breach 60%
    ===============================
    Microsoft $53.48 X 95% =$50.8
    Apple $116.25 X 95% =$110.4
    Citigroup $54.52 X 95% =$51.80

The most important condition - the BARRIER 60% (cannot touch 60%)
    =============================================
    Microsoft $53.48 X 60% =$32.08
    Apple $116.25 X 60% =$69.7
    Citigroup $54.52 X 60% =$32.7

K.O = 1st month observation date Knock out 96%. 2nd mth 94% , 3rd mth 92% , 4th mth 90% & so on
    =================================================================
    Microsoft $53.48 X 96% =$51.34
    Apple $116.25 X 96% =$111.6
    Citigroup $54.52 X 96% =$52.14

2nd observation 94%
    3rd observation 92% & so on...

Citigroup stock price is now $41+. Will it hit the barrier @32+.

Yesterday Down and Today Up. How abt Tomorrow?Waiting to go in ad does not hve much shares noww.

If you still not able to control your emotional. The best is to buy unit trust. The drop will not
    be not as high as single stock. Buy online (0.5% to 1%) to save cost

SGD$1 = A$0.9945.
    Do dual currency SGD base against Aus at below A$0.97+ 0.99+ is quite safe.
    Range bound 0.98 to 1.03+ for the past 8 mths.

SGD$1 = Cad$0.993. (high was 1.35).
    If U think oil will recover in 2nd half. Can do SGD base against cad & strike 0.98.
    Strike aud at 97c very low interest. I just converted cash at 988. Keep for mid term.