Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

Unregistered999 Guest

Default TELOK KURAU IS TEROK TEROK...

Telok Kurau sounds nice being in d15, but it is actually a slump of cheapo developments. most are apartment status with swimming pools hardly enough for even 10 people to fit in, not to talk about swimming. even with the lack of facilities, residents have to pay high maintenance fees. i won't even bother buying any property in telok kurau and you should make ur money's worth buying a proper condominium with some decent facilities. If the development does not even give u enough room for a nice after dinner stroll within its compound, it is simply too small to buy. the pool must also be big enough for some exercise, at least 30m long is ideal...

Cheapo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    Telok Kurau sounds nice being in d15, but it is actually a slump of cheapo developments. most are apartment status with swimming pools hardly enough for even 10 people to fit in, not to talk about swimming. even with the lack of facilities, residents have to pay high maintenance fees. i won't even bother buying any property in telok kurau and you should make ur money's worth buying a proper condominium with some decent facilities. If the development does not even give u enough room for a nice after dinner stroll within its compound, it is simply too small to buy. the pool must also be big enough for some exercise, at least 30m long is ideal...
    You king kong izit? 30m......

Don't slam others when you are a cheapo yrself.... so you bought a condo at Bukit Timah??? or Orchard Rd

BP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapo
    You king kong izit? 30m......

Don't slam others when you are a cheapo yrself.... so you bought a condo at Bukit Timah??? or Orchard Rd
    TK apartments are usually low rise due to the high restriction around the region. It can be rather warm and not much view even if staying on the top most floor (e.g. penthhouse). Turn on air-conditioner and electrical bill go higher. Better to stay in a three-storey landed property and swim in the country club otherwise. Otherwise should stay in highrise apartment with view and cooler (electrical bill can reduce and save the environment!)

Shell Guest

Exclamation Tk - windy

Quote Originally Posted by BP
    TK apartments are usually low rise due to the high restriction around the region. It can be rather warm and not much view even if staying on the top most floor (e.g. penthhouse). Turn on air-conditioner and electrical bill go higher. Better to stay in a three-storey landed property and swim in the country club otherwise. Otherwise should stay in highrise apartment with view and cooler (electrical bill can reduce and save the environment!)
    Not true.. i am currently staying at TK. It is quite windy from the seaside. It is due to the fact that all houses there are low rise... so please don't post untrue statement unless you yrself have stayed there before.

BP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shell
    Not true.. i am currently staying at TK. It is quite windy from the seaside. It is due to the fact that all houses there are low rise... so please don't post untrue statement unless you yrself have stayed there before.
    I am staying there too but not that windy. As wind is usually from North-easterly or South-Westerly depending on the time of the year. Orientation of the house is an important consideration. Seaside is quite a distant from TK? How many km?

Unregisteredtksucks Guest

Default live in the east must have sea view or else no pt

my personal view is that if u want to stay in the east coast area, must be able to enjoy seabreeze n sea view. The height restrictn is a bummer and the entire place looks congested. Even property agents told me nt worth buying. Gd luck to those who already live there
    Quote Originally Posted by BP
    I am staying there too but not that windy. As wind is usually from North-easterly or South-Westerly depending on the time of the year. Orientation of the house is an important consideration. Seaside is quite a distant from TK? How many km?

Unregisteredlovetk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredtksucks
    my personal view is that if u want to stay in the east coast area, must be able to enjoy seabreeze n sea view. The height restrictn is a bummer and the entire place looks congested. Even property agents told me nt worth buying. Gd luck to those who already live there
    Perhaps suggest a place that can rival TK in terms of location and price. It's easy to be an armchair critic.

Anyway for you to believe the estate agent shows the type of IQ you have. Good luck to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredlovetk
    Perhaps suggest a place that can rival TK in terms of location and price. It's easy to be an armchair critic.

Anyway for you to believe the estate agent shows the type of IQ you have. Good luck to you too.
    hmmm can i suggest Lorong Marzuki/Melayu/Mydin area in Kembangan that can maybe match TK?

Nearer to PIE/MRT and selling for lower psf

Unregistered678 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    hmmm can i suggest Lorong Marzuki/Melayu/Mydin area in Kembangan that can maybe match TK?

Nearer to PIE/MRT and selling for lower psf
    Yes but that area is near some HDB flats

Sea breeze Guest

Sea breeze at Telok Kurau in those cramped conditions and so far from the beach????????? Nice try, but bordering on desperate.

question Guest

will there be any future mrt stations in or near to telok kurau? what's the nearest mrt station and how far?

windy Guest

seabreaze? haha .. that's because someone near you farted ...

IQ critic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredlovetk

... at least their IQ is a bit higher than yours since you actually love the area and probably bought a place thinking it'll make you richer ... haha

passer-by Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IQ critic
    ... at least their IQ is a bit higher than yours since you actually love the area and probably bought a place thinking it'll make you richer ... haha
    if you love the place, isn't that the most important thing?

Critic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IQ critic

ppl like you really lack the maturity and teh IQ to partake in this forum... pls go back to your pre-schooler forum... or lower even

Critic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by
    if you love the place, isn't that the most important thing?
    Agreed. But some people just like to slam (when probably they can't afford TK anyway) others' preferences...

knowalittle Guest

Default This Thread - Not Worth Following

Hi,

The way this thread or even forum is heading, it is just going no where.

There are simply too many inconsequent, subjective and damaging remarks to this thread. Those who put in fair and objective remarks are attacked ever so viciously.

What meant to be a thread discussing about the potential of TK, both as a home or for investment, has now become a thread full of personal attacks and insults.

Haiz....is this necessary? It is perfectly fine for individual remarks, but please....this is cyber space.....anyone can view these threads.....exercise some restraints and observe some respect for others and yourself!

This shall be my last 2 cents worth.....logging out for good.

Lastly, don't bother shooting me....ok.

+ and - Guest

Come on. There will be both positive views and negative views, and those people who resort to personal attacks when they cannot accept negative views from others and start getting defensive. That's life and typical of Singapore education system. They only want to hear the good things and ignore the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by knowalittle
    Hi,

There are simply too many inconsequent, subjective and damaging remarks to this thread. Those who put in fair and objective remarks are attacked ever so viciously.

What meant to be a thread discussing about the potential of TK, both as a home or for investment, has now become a thread full of personal attacks and insults.

Haiz....is this necessary? It is perfectly fine for individual remarks, but please....this is cyber space.....anyone can view these threads.....exercise some restraints and observe some respect for others and yourself!

Outrageous Guest

And also immoral agents or property owners who will talk up every property under their care. Some comments are ridiculous like enjoying sea view or sea breeze at Telok Kurau. You should be grateful that there are kind and knowledgeable souls out there to refute these outrageous claims.

Quote Originally Posted by knowalittle
    Hi,

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Outrageous
    And also immoral agents or property owners who will talk up every property under their care. Some comments are ridiculous like enjoying sea view or sea breeze at Telok Kurau. You should be grateful that there are kind and knowledgeable souls out there to refute these outrageous claims.
    i am too outrageous at the squabble (sometime punching below the belts) in this thread.

to be fair, there is some wind in TK lah... i was at TK's park and the siglap connector and there was some wind so not fair to say the the comments ridiculous, but maybe not as windy as one would envisage at the East Coast...

Anyway, there is still some fair comments posted here from time to time so i will come back to visit this thread.. but i hope to see more objective comments...

cheers guys

Anyway guys , i wish to see the view living in a penth house at telok kurau . Any one have any idea which web has the photos of view on the top floor on telok kurau ? Thanks . Greatly appreciated .

I am someone who has stayed in at least 8-10 places all over Singapore about 15years ago when i was still renting hdbs and apartments after uni. So i can say that i've actually stayed in the west (clementi, jurong east), east (east coast, bedok, pasir ris), central (amk, bishan), north (yishun, yck)... maybe 1-2 more places, cant quite remember now, so long ago.

What sticks to my mind, even after all these years, is that the best and i really mean -the best place- to live, is in the east, stretching from katong, east coast, telok kurau, siglap till upper east coast (try not go past Eastern Lagoon II).

So guys, if you're in the east and lucky enough to be living in Telok Kurau right now (since this is a Telok Kurau thread), you can forget about the rest of the sniping comments, its really among the best places to live on this small island.

I cant be bothered to elaborate the reasons why the east is a great place... go find out for yourselves, open your eyes. You wont ever regret setting your home here!

Of cos vested and IMHO.

Try harder Guest

Everyone koyok seller will say their house is the best lah. My house at Telok Kurau is the BEST and should fetch the highest PSF because I stay here!!!!!!!! How convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    I am someone who has stayed in at least 8-10 places all over Singapore about 15years ago when i was still renting hdbs and apartments after uni. So i can say that i've actually stayed in the west (clementi, jurong east), east (east coast, bedok, pasir ris), central (amk, bishan), north (yishun, yck)... maybe 1-2 more places, cant quite remember now, so long ago.

What sticks to my mind, even after all these years, is that the best and i really mean -the best place- to live, is in the east, stretching from katong, east coast, telok kurau, siglap till upper east coast (try not go past Eastern Lagoon II).

So guys, if you're in the east and lucky enough to be living in Telok Kurau right now (since this is a Telok Kurau thread), you can forget about the rest of the sniping comments, its really among the best places to live on this small island.

I cant be bothered to elaborate the reasons why the east is a great place... go find out for yourselves, open your eyes. You wont ever regret setting your home here!

Of cos vested and IMHO.

Tried very hard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Try harder
    Everyone koyok seller will say their house is the best lah. My house at Telok Kurau is the BEST and should fetch the highest PSF because I stay here!!!!!!!! How convincing.
    I am convinced... i am vested and IMHO too.

Sorry, but i have looked at many launches since last years with my wife... abt 50 to be precise (i still have these brochures) and am still convinced TK's the best and given the price now.... has the best potential for growth.... the rest i think has reached their peaks and will levelled out, if not, come down....

reg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tried very hard

Sorry, but i have looked at many launches since last years with my wife... abt 50 to be precise (i still have these brochures) and am still convinced TK's the best and given the price now.... has the best potential for growth.... the rest i think has reached their peaks and will levelled out, if not, come down....
    Now this is really an informed and rational conclusion, with absolutely watertight logic behind it.

According to you, residential prices all over Singapore have reached their peak, and will level off or decline. But prices in Telok Kurau still has great growth potential, and will likely increase. And the most compelling reason and supporting evidence for that is ..... OMG, wait for it.... because YOU like the area and are vested there???

Whoa, how can anyone not be convinced by your reasoning? We'd better all go grab a unit there right away!

Quote Originally Posted by Try harder

I dont live in TK la... but we are looking for a place there, to invest. We do live in the east though (and we love it there!) but not TK. However, since this is a TK thread, of cos must support la...

If you're not convinced, so be it lor, nobody ask you to look here...

Of cos Singapore sooooo big, am sure you'll find something somewhere to fulfill your needs and desires.

For us, its simple, we already arrived and not leaving. Stay EAST! (and that includes TK)...

tried very hard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reg
    Now this is really an informed and rational conclusion, with absolutely watertight logic behind it.

According to you, residential prices all over Singapore have reached their peak, and will level off or decline. But prices in Telok Kurau still has great growth potential, and will likely increase. And the most compelling reason and supporting evidence for that is ..... OMG, wait for it.... because YOU like the area and are vested there???

Whoa, how can anyone not be convinced by your reasoning? We'd better all go grab a unit there right away!
    I said many launches, i did not said all launches. You presume it. But it's okie, whatever i say, you will look up and laugh anyway. Go ahead and laugh... a rational logical homo sapiens like yourself.

Don't try anymore Guest

The schools there don't teach critical thinking skills issit? You have NOT provided a single reason for your rather bizarre conclusion that property everywhere else is coming down EXCEPT Telok Kurau, other from the fact there you stay there. GDP per capita highest in Telok Kurau, best architecture? best finishing? superb views of nature reserves or sea? best quality air, best landscape? best facilities? best public transport? masterplan plot ratio adjustment? Just giving you some possible answers. Or oops, none of the above? I'm afraid so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tried very hard

passer-by Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Don't try anymore
    The schools there don't teach critical thinking skills issit? You have NOT provided a single reason for your rather bizarre conclusion that property everywhere else is coming down EXCEPT Telok Kurau, other from the fact there you stay there. GDP per capita highest in Telok Kurau, best architecture? best finishing? superb views of nature reserves or sea? best quality air, best landscape? best facilities? best public transport? masterplan plot ratio adjustment? Just giving you some possible answers. Or oops, none of the above? I'm afraid so.
    when he said growth potential he is saying that TK apartments are lowly-priced, so there is room to grow unlike other places which are already highly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by
    when he said growth potential he is saying that TK apartments are lowly-priced, so there is room to grow unlike other places which are already highly priced.

On this point, i have to disagree a bit. I think the prices in TK has gone up quite a fair bit (or rather, in line with the rest of Spore). I think before 2006, prices were around +500psf but these days for new projects, they are asking +850psf, hardly low priced anymore. I'm not sure what is the subsale levels there but it cant be much lower.

Btw, TK is quite a sprawling area, so location-wise it can vary a fair bit. For me, we're only looking at those apartments near to the siglap park connector and not too far from Kembangan MRT (maybe 6-7 lorongs). The rest, for investment purposes, may be less attractive.

Its just not easy to find a "cheap" and good place there, if you come across one, please PM me.