Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clift (D1, 99 years, Far East Org)

As much as I love TS, I think Citylights offers the highest rental yield. Rental at TS sucks but is improving a lot over the past 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    If for own stay, certainly should look elsewhere. If for invest / rent, The Clift is definitely one gd choice.

your highest still no match for hdb or Maytower in KL (9%+Rental yield)
    Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    As much as I love TS, I think Citylights offers the highest rental yield. Rental at TS sucks but is improving a lot over the past 6 months.

Agree. Citylights might be having the highest rental yield in Singapore now, nothing beats HDB.

But....

HDB - lose out 8 years of opportunity costs
    KL - That country is a joke.. No stability and most importantly, that country is a joke. Indonesia 50% rental yield but you dare to venture or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    your highest still no match for hdb or Maytower in KL (9%+Rental yield)

For HDB, 8 years apply to new flats, not resale. Moreover, nothing to stop owners from drafting room rental agreements even if whole unit is leased out.

For Malaysia, safest to invest in KLCC freehold properties in the heart of the capital. May have to contend with short term rental to get 9% rental yield, but have also heard of people renting long term for this kind of yield.

For Indo, I won't even think of parking any money there. Money is usually made from plantation ownership in indo and that pie has already been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Agree. Citylights might be having the highest rental yield in Singapore now, nothing beats HDB.

But....

HDB - lose out 8 years of opportunity costs
    KL - That country is a joke.. No stability and most importantly, that country is a joke. Indonesia 50% rental yield but you dare to venture or not?

For resale, then rental yield won't be 9% already.

Let's take pouggol for instance. One of the cheapest HDB. 5 rooms cost about 450k. Rental only 1.8k on average. That gave 4.8% yield. Better park my money in private properties. Unless you want those 'birds don't lay eggs' location. Maybe 5 rooms cost 350k. Cheapest in Singapore already. Rental maybe 1700. Only 5.8% yield. Still private better. Still got faster capital appreciation.

The only exception is you buy first hand. Those who bought sengkang in the early days are getting 30-40% yield.

For HDB, 8 years apply to new flats, not resale. Moreover, nothing to stop owners from drafting room rental agreements even if whole unit is leased out.

For Malaysia, safest to invest in KLCC freehold properties in the heart of the capital. May have to contend with short term rental to get 9% rental yield, but have also heard of people renting long term for this kind of yield.

For Indo, I won't even think of parking any money there. Money is usually made from plantation ownership in indo and that pie has already been taken.

Let's take pouggol for instance. One of the cheapest HDB. 5 rooms cost about 450k. Rental only 1.8k on average. That gave 4.8% yield. Better park my money in private properties. Unless you want those 'birds don't lay eggs' location. Maybe 5 rooms cost 350k. Cheapest in Singapore already. Rental maybe 1700. Only 5.8% yield. Still private better. Still got faster capital appreciation.

The only exception is you buy first hand. Those who bought sengkang in the early days are getting 30-40% yield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulator

I believe comparing condo's rental with HDB's isn't a good comparison.

Opportunity Cost
    Can you rent out your resale HDB flat within the first 2 years?
    Your condo generates income immediately.

Limited Income
    Can you buy more than 1 HDB resale flats or a multi-million flat to get higher income?
    You can buy more than 1 condo or a more costly condo to get higher income.

dont think u knw the hdb market very well. A 4rm flat in Bt Batok for example cost around 350k and the asking rental in that area for 4rm is 2k for flats near the mrt. That works out to 6.8%rental yield in current market. For 3rm flats in the same area, rental yield is even higher at 7.7% (3rm flats in Bt Batok costing around 250k to 260k and rental is 1.6k for units near mrt). Find me a condo that can achieve that in current mkt. A Maytower KLCC condo cost rm230k and rental is rm2.2k which works out to in fact 11.4% rental yield not 9%.

Are you sure 4 room can get 2k? Somemore in such ulu location. Even bukit merah directly opp. metropolitan, 1 min to MRT only around 2.1k for 5 room flats.

dont think u knw the hdb market very well. A 4rm flat in Bt Batok for example cost around 350k and the asking rental in that area for 4rm is 2k for flats near the mrt. That works out to 6.8%rental yield in current market. For 3rm flats in the same area, rental yield is even higher at 7.7% (3rm flats in Bt Batok costing around 250k to 260k and rental is 1.6k for units near mrt). Find me a condo that can achieve that in current mkt. A Maytower KLCC condo cost rm230k and rental is rm2.2k which works out to in fact 11.4% rental yield not 9%.
    Last edited by thomastansb; 28th December 2009 at 03:42 AM.

It is insane to buy HDB now. Look at the resale prices. I rather buy private. With 8k income ceiling, who can afford? And needless to say, all those regulations and red tapes.

Punggol 450k to 500k. 30 years loan. One month $1.8 to 2k. CPF just nice if couple income is 7k+

If buy mature estate with 8k income ceiling, how to afford without coming out cash?

Then again, one man's meat is another man poison. Some might argue private also need to come out cash. So it's hard to make comparison. The Sail is still the best IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    I believe comparing condo's rental with HDB's isn't a good comparison.

Opportunity Cost
    Can you rent out your resale HDB flat within the first 2 years?
    Your condo generates income immediately.

Limited Income
    Can you buy more than 1 HDB resale flats or a multi-million flat to get higher income?
    You can buy more than 1 condo or a more costly condo to get higher income.

Record I heard for 4rm in bukit batok is 2.2k. It is a norm to rent out a 4rm near mrt in bukit batok for between 1.8k to 2.1k. I have friends living in that area who told me that. They told me that supply for rental flats in bukit batok near the mrt is very low which explains the high rental in that area. Bt Batok is also one of the most desirable estates to live in with a very good mix of greenery and urban lifestyle (can stroll to Bukit Timah hil and nature reserve and yet it is close to a mall, all banks, eateries etc etc. and easy access to PIE/AYE and bukit timah area.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Are you sure 4 room can get 2k? Somemore in such ulu location. Even bukit merah directly opp. metropolitan, 1 min to MRT only around 2.1k for 5 room flats.