Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Symphony Suites by EL Development

Based on URA website, out of total 660 units, 180 were launched. Number of units sold in...

Jan 15 = 54 (8% of total / 30% of launched)
    (Returned unit - 1)
    Feb 15 = 18 (3% / 10%)
    (Returned units - 2)
    Mar 15 = 20 (3% / 11%)
    2015 Q1 subtotal = 89 (13% / 49%)
    Apr 15 = 29 (4% / 16%)
    (Returned units - 3)

This developer should consider having an option just to sell bare unit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824 View Post
    This developer should consider having an option just to sell bare unit.
    Even if it has this option, it still have to make an effort to achieve a reasonable level of quality and workmanship in terms of its construction and furnishing in the common areas and facilities.

By the same developer...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...l/1849062.html

SINGAPORE
    Trivelis developer EL Development addresses building defects

Under the Sales & Purchase Agreement, developers are also obliged to rectify any defect reported to them within the one-year defects liability period, says the Housing Development Board (HDB).

POSTED: 15 May 2015 16:00

SINGAPORE: EL Development, the developer of Trivelis Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flats at Clementi addressed the defects observed by residents in a statement on Friday (May 15).

Nearly 500 residents complained about shattered glass panels, rusty dish racks, exposed sanitary pipes in their homes and ponding in corridors - among other problems.

On Friday, the Housing Development Board (HDB) maintained in a statement that in the development of DBSS projects, it will provide oversight and ensure that the objectives and policies of public housing are preserved.

Under the Sales & Purchase Agreement, developers are also obliged to rectify any defect reported to them within the one-year defects liability period.

"If the developer does not do so, the buyers may seek remedy against the developer pursuant to the terms of the contract," HDB added.

BY-PRODUCT IN TEMPERED GLASS MAY CAUSE SPONTANEOUS BREAKAGE

EL Development said it replaced three glass shower screens thus far, out of a total of 1,776 installed in Trivelis.

The shower screens are not made with normal glass but tempered ones, which are processed by "controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength". Though stronger than normal glass, EL Development said tempered glass contains a by-product - nickel sulphide impurities - which may cause spontaneous breakage in glass. The impurities are invisible and cannot be detected by glass manufacturers.

"We have assured worried residents who wished to install an additional layer of protection film on the glass shower screen that we will not void the warranty of the shower screen and will replace the glass shower screen should spontaneous breakage occurs," EL Development added.

RUSTY DISH RACKS NOT DETECTED WHEN UNITS WERE CHECKED

With regards to residents' complaints of rusty dish holders, EL Development said it may not have detected them, or the rust may not have set in when units were checked.

"Residents are free to raise the rusty dish rack as defect and we have already repaired or changed some," it added.

SANITARY PIPES: TECHNICAL AND REGULATORY CONSTRAINTS

Residents also found sanitary pipes to be exposed and visible in the kitchen, which were not depicted in the project’s showflats. EL Development said that this was due to "technical and regulatory constraints" in the construction stage.

"During the design stage, our consultants have planned for the vertical sanitary pipes for the 4-room flats to be placed outside the unit at the aircon ledge," it added. Instead, pipes had to be placed at the service yard.

EL Development attributed the move to three constraints - one of which is the structural beam at the yard blocking horizontal pipes transporting waste water from the kitchen floor and waste traps of the upper floor unit - if the vertical sanitary pipe was placed at the aircon ledge. The vertical sanitary pipes need to be connected to the horizontal pipes.

"As the depth of the perimeter beam is too shallow to be penetrated by the horizontal pipes, we have to turn the pipes to skirt below the beam in order to connect to the vertical pipes at the aircon ledge," it said.

"However, by doing so, the headroom at the yard area above the sanitary pipe would be below the minimum height permissible by the authorities."

The other constraints were the need to adhere to a regulation that the vertical sanitary pipe cannot be further than 2.5m from the nearest floor trap, and that that the sanitary pipes need to be at a safe location that can be serviced and maintained by workers.

EL Development added that the area taken up by the two pipes is still within the 3 per cent difference allowed for in the terms of the Sales and Purchase Agreement.

"Furthermore, we have tried to allay the concerns of some residents by placing a suitable sized 7-kilogramme front load washing machine and stacking it up with a dryer in the yard of an actual 4-room unit to illustrate the manoeuvring space available," it said.

"To further assist the affected residents, we have negotiated with our supplier to sell the 7kg front load washing machine at S$399 including delivery and GST, which is well below the market price."

PONDING DUE TO 'STRINGENT FIRE SAFETY CODE'

EL Development said it is also unable to block out the openings of corridors to prevent rain from splashing in due to "the stringent fire safety code" it observes. During rainy weather, ponding will be observed when water does not dissipate fast enough via the floor traps - which allow for natural dispersal of smoke should there be an unlikely event of fire.

"If the smoke is not dispersed, there is a danger that smoke will travel into the units and occupants in the units might get suffocated by the smoke. Minor ponding can still occur during heavy rain but the water should clear out once the rain stops," said EL Development.

It added that some incidents where the drainage pipes were choked have been cleared. It will also resolve the problem of water seeping into houses by installing free acrylic panels to the metal gate of affected units.

"The panel should close up the gap between the main door and the flooring of the unit and prevent water from seeping in."

EL Development is also looking at improving the drainage pipes at the corridor, it said.

- CNA/ct

No wonder the building design of symphony suites is so dbss.

By the same developer...

http://business.asiaone.com/news/tri...end-warranties

Trivelis developer may extend warranties

Lim Yi HanThe Straits TimesSaturday, May 16, 2015

The developer of a troubled "premium" housing project has said financial compensation for residents is possible only if there is "strong justification".

But EL Development (ELD) continues to maintain that Trivelis - a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project in Clementi - was built "according to specifications and approved plans".

Meanwhile, it is considering extending the one-year warranty on all furnishings and fittings and offering free safety films for glass shower panels as part of a "goodwill package" for residents.

Trivelis - an 888-unit project - was advertised as containing "choice fittings" and "quality floor finishes".

But when owners began collecting their keys in January, some discovered problems such as rusty dish racks, poor quality laminate flooring and glass shower panels that shatter easily.

An ELD spokesman told The Straits Times it is looking to help affected owners and working with the Trivelis residents' committee.

"We will look into the residents' requests and issues and offer what we can, within reasonable boundaries," he said. "Right now, we have not concluded the discussions so there's no concrete plan on what we will offer in terms of the goodwill package. As for defects, we want to assure residents we will rectify them."

He added that the company's response would be on a case- by-case basis and "not a one-size-fits-all treatment

However, the response did not wash with all residents.

Public relations manager Eliza Soh, 31, said: "We are not here to haggle for freebies. What we want are long-term solutions to the bigger problems that are going to affect our lifestyle.

"To the developer, Trivelis is just another product but to residents Trivelis is our home."

Mr Stephen Yip, a 34-year-old civil servant, bought a three-room flat and has faced problems such as rainwater seeping into his unit and a faulty tap and window latch.

He said it is fair for the developer to extend the warranty of the furnishings and fittings, adding: "I didn't do any renovation in my kitchen and the items don't seem to be of high quality so I'm not sure how long they can last."

Project manager Andy Tan, 33, said: "It really depends on what are the things they are offering. I still prefer cash over freebies."

ELD said it has already cleared drains after rainwater collected in corridors and it will continue to monitor the situation.

It is understood that the authorities do not regulate interior renovation or quality of the furnishings.

According to the Building and Construction Authority (BCA), after construction, the authorities will perform checks on things such as fire safety, sanitation and drainage and accessibility features. A BCA spokesman said "matters such as defects and workmanship quality" are between the developer and buyer.

While the Housing Board oversees DBSS projects, the projects are designed, built and sold by private developers who are responsible for any defects. The DBSS scheme was suspended in 2011 after a public outcry over high indicative price tags for units at Centrale 8 in Tampines.

Earlier that year, ELD had beaten 10 other bidders for the Trivelis site, offering $224 million or $271 per square foot per plot ratio.

Trivelis is the first public housing project taken on by ELD, a "boutique" developer with 20 staff members. Its other projects include condominiums such as Rosewood Suites in Woodlands and Stevens Suites near Bukit Timah.

A spokesman for the Trivelis residents' committee said: "We certainly hope for the developer to consider offering a goodwill package soon. The details of the package are for ELD to consider... We hope that the offer made to residents will be acceptable."

More than 200 residents on Thursday met their MP Sim Ann, who called a goodwill package a "move in the right direction". ELD did not attend the meeting.

[email protected]

This article was first published on May 16, 2015.
    Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

Abstracted from hardwarezone...

View PostSupaHeroLuva wrote:
    Morning!
    i am one of those who bought a Trivelis 5 room.
    why did i buy it? becuz prior to balloting for this, i have unsuccessfully balloted for 2-3 years.(thanks MBT!) the next one that gave me a number for unit choosing, i immediately buy lor.
    the corridor i think is bare minimum 1.2m. i open my gate, my neighbour who lives opposite me cannot open gate lol.
    these are the some issues i have;
    the laminates in the bedrooms are of poor quality, cannot mop, must dry mop. if the laminates touch water, they will pop. so i have to remove it and replace with vinyl laminates.
    the kitchen countertop stains easily, so replace.
    they gave us an oven socket in the kitchen cabinets. but cannot buy normal ovens to put inside, have to hunt high and low to get one that can actually fit.
    the balcony sliding doors, i do not think they are tempered or laminated. so we gotta install solar film.
    water heater panel is placed in service yard. called HDB to shift it to outer wall but they say cannot. so when wash clothes must be careful not to bang head when standing up.
    when it rains heavily, the corridor will flood. sometimes the rain will splash into the unit. my neighbour who lives beside will kena maximum power of the rain on their front door.
    cheapo cement corridors. the lift lobby is tiled but the corridors are all cement. when wet will be slippery.
    the other day, the mailbox area got water leakage.
    some neighbours' shower glass spontaneously broke, so we replace ours as well.
    wardrobe is terrible, wtf is this pole system? so we tear down and replace.

in all, they keep saying this is premium, but feels cheap becuz everything is like bare minimum. as you can see, i renovated quite a lot due to poor furnishings.

i tiagong got some neighbours air con cmi. will leak or spoil before even moving in.
    UNQUOTE

By the same developer...

http://business.asiaone.com/news/dev...defects-vivian

Home News
    Developer should fix defects: Vivian

Lim Yi HanThe Straits TimesSunday, May 17, 2015

Flooding along corridors is unacceptable and if there are defects in the new flats, they should be fixed by the developer.

This was what residents said Holland-Bukit Timah GRC MP Vivian Balakrishnan told them on an unscheduled visit yesterday to Trivelis, a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project in Clementi that has seen hundreds of complaints over poor furnishings.

Dr Balakrishnan and fellow GRC MP Sim Ann spent more than two hours visiting a few units in the afternoon and speaking to residents. He told them that he recognised the issues they were facing and that the developer, EL Development (ELD), should make good on the defects.

Under the DBSS scheme, the developer is supposed to build units in a move-in condition. Trivelis, which has 888 units ranging from three-roomers to five-roomers, was advertised as having "choice fittings". Flats cost between $370,000 and $800,000, with owners paying a premium over Build-To-Order flats because of the fittings.

Around 400 owners, who started collecting their keys in January, found problems from defective stove knobs to rusty dish racks to poor quality laminate flooring. At least three cases involved glass shower screens that shattered.

The common corridor along 40 units was also prone to flooding during heavy rain. The water rose to as high as 4cm, seeping into several units.

Dr Balakrishnan, who also met representatives from ELD during his visit, told residents that they should not have to get their feet wet just to get to their homes.

As for the glass shower screens, he said he would get the developer to review if the batch used was defective and to replace them if it was. Dr Balakrishnan, who is also Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, added he needed more time to assess the situation and that he would visit again.

Ms Sim told The Sunday Times: "Many residents told me they are looking for practical solutions, not perfection. I think that is most reasonable.

"As long as the developer remains prepared to offer a meaningful gesture or package aside from rectifying defects, I would say things are on the right track."

Mr Kevin Teh, a spokesman for the Trivelis Residents Working Committee, said: "I'm glad that the minister is here to see the issues that are faced by residents. We definitely look forward to more progress."

Residents said they can take only a "wait-and-see" approach for now, but hope issues are resolved quickly. Many, however, are also hoping for financial compensation from the developer.

Mr Daniel Wee, an engineer in the marine industry, showed Dr Balakrishnan the various problems in his home, such as laminate flooring that warps in contact with water. Fed up with the hassle of dealing with the defects, the 56-year-old said: "Honestly, I'd rather the developer just pay me back my money and I'll move back to my old home in Boon Lay."

ELD has said it is in talks with the residents' committee to come up with a "goodwill package". It did not confirm what the package includes, but said it may extend the one-year warranty on all furnishings and fittings, for example.

Mr K.G. Tan, 59, pointed out that warranty extensions will do little for residents like him who have already paid out of pocket to fix the issues.

The customer service manager said: "This house is supposed to be in a move-in condition, but a lot of people did their own retrofitting because the items provided are really of a poor quality and not functional."

[email protected]

This article was first published on May 17, 2015.
    Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.

Good luck to those buyers who bought this project.This developer is famous for super irresponsible.

Nowadays its best to wait for the project TOP and go see actual product before buying.

Dun think this project can move anymore.Investors rather buy North park residences rather than this project in term of all reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Invest View Post
    Good luck to those buyers who bought this project.This developer is famous for super irresponsible.
    Besides the Trivelis case, got any other examples to show that it's super irresponsible?

At least this project is using a different architect from Trivelis. La fiesta is using the same architect as Trivelis though.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Nowadays its best to wait for the project TOP and go see actual product before buying.
    The better/cheaper/more value for money/more desirable/more popular units may be gone by then.

Also developers risk paying extension charges if cannot sell all units by a certain deadline.

Dun think this project can move anymore.Investors rather buy North park residences rather than this project in term of all reasons.
    Can move lah, if they price it at DBSS/EC level. wah, first time fire sale by developer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Besides the Trivelis case, got any other examples to show that it's super irresponsible?

At least this project is using a different architect from Trivelis. La fiesta is using the same architect as Trivelis though.
    In that case,I think La Fiesta buyers going to suffer if really from same architect unless they did a good job this time.i still remembered that time people queuing to buy La Fiesta when launched cos new rule going to kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Can move lah, if they price it at DBSS/EC level. wah, first time fire sale by developer.
    Yes,they can do fire sales at EC level then people can consider.They still can earn since they give end products at DBSS level.See those reports and comments from the DBSS can feel they really angry and the replies from the developer really crap.

In that case,I think La Fiesta buyers going to suffer if really from same architect unless they did a good job this time.i still remembered that time people queuing to buy La Fiesta when launched cos new rule going to kick in.
    Boutique developer coupled with boutique architect - am wondering how good a job it can be given the last scorecard. At least there is no long dark narrow corridor to attract ponding anymore this time round. Jus a squarish lift lobby. So 1 defect down and dun know how many more coming in the pipeline...

Yes,they can do fire sales at EC level then people can consider.They still can earn since they give end products at DBSS level.See those reports and comments from the DBSS can feel they really angry and the replies from the developer really crap.
    Ya, if not that really angry they wun need to wash dirty laundry in public already. Cos the more they wash, the more it will impact the resale prices of their units. And somemore not all new units have been sold yet. Guess no one dare to buy now given the bad publicity it received, unless buyer never read news at all. Dun know if the developer needs to pay extension charges or not if cannot sell 100% since this is an EC and not a private development. Oh, was referring to Trivelis instead of symphony suites.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-new...t-over-defects

According to this report, some buyers of La Fiesta are suffering.

The price might sound ' attractive ' by current trends but the location and competition from other units in the vicinity will make it hard to get good yield I think. At this price I think there are better buys in better locations. Yishun used to be pleasant when there were lush greenery and open spaces. But it's become very crowded . Moreover this isn't in a convenient part of Yishun.