Thread: Question on Decoupling for couple!

Default Question on Decoupling for couple!

Ok gurus, if you have done decoupling, or have knowledge, I would be most grateful!

We intend to sell all our property portfolio, and keeping 1 remaining. For this 1 remaining, it is held 50-50 and we are joint borrowers for the home loan.

I intend to transfer it to my spouse 100%, must my spouse submit a fresh loan application to service the 50% of my share?

yes, in my case with a donkey bank in singapore, they term it as fractional purchase. My wife ended up with two loans for the property and every month gets two statements, one for her 50% and one for my ex-50%. I asked the bank whether the new LTV financing rules apply since the way they do it, it can be construed as a second home loan, but they say no. I also asked if she can keep the existing home loan package for her 50% since it was a much better deal, they also say no.

so my wife ended up submitting two loan applications
    full legal fees apply and it is more ex than a straightforward home loan. stamp duty applies too.

one stupid thing was that the bank say I can only "sell" the property to my wife at valuation, and not below valuation. but because the property is in the money and i could do with the cash back, so i didnt kpkb

Thanks man! Why did she submit two applications? Is it because the original one which is made up of two names is considered 'void'?

yeah, she now has two loans, Loan 1 to refinance her existing 50% and Loan 2 to purchase my 50%. she got two of everything, LOFs, monthly statements etc. i wanted to keep the existing loan because that was on a step down interest that was only offered back then, but the bank doesn't allow.

Likely will be 2 loans with same bank else refinance.