Thread: average Singaporean household earned S$10,500 a month

Default average Singaporean household earned S$10,500 a month

[CNA] The average Singaporean household earned S$10,500 a month in 2012/13, and spent S$4,720, according to the Department of Statistics.
    SINGAPORE: The average Singaporean household earned S$10,500 a month in 2012/13, and spent S$4,720 a month on goods and services, according to a survey conducted by the Department of Statistics.

By comparison, the average monthly household income was S$8,110 in 2007/08, and the average monthly household expenditure then was S$3,810.

The Household Expenditure Survey, conducted from October 2012 to September 2013, found that household income had risen faster than household expenditure. The average monthly household income rose by 5.3 per cent per annum, while the average household expenditure rose by a lower 4.4 per cent per annum.
    Now, when simply looking at the heading "average Singaporean household earned S$10,500 a month",
    I wonder how does the first 60% of the households feel?

Below Average. So sad.......... Salary only SGD 2000 plus.

Household income is a very vague measure. After all it doesn't state how many people are working in that household. I will assume on average it's 2 people working.

Arachon, curious what job do you hold that it's paying you 2000plus and u're outstationed in France? I have to assume you are working at some voluntary org. But ur job is probably a hobby for you since u have enough from your property spread. I'm sure many would love to trade places with you :P

I was working for the left pocket in Singapore for 23 years and went over to France to work for the right pocket with half the monthly salary.

After 8 years, the right pocket say the left pocket say Singaporean cannot work oversea for too long and need to rotate us back to Singapore every 4 years.

Now waiting for the right pocket Boss to visit France to give us the good news when to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    I was working for the left pocket in Singapore for 23 years and went over to France to work for the right pocket with half the monthly salary.

After 8 years, the right pocket say the left pocket say Singaporean cannot work oversea for too long and need to rotate us back to Singapore every 4 years.

Now waiting for the right pocket Boss to visit France to give us the good news when to go back.
    Err that still doesn't tell me what job u have? Or is this supposed to be an obvious ans and I am just plain dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Err that still doesn't tell me what job u have? Or is this supposed to be an obvious ans and I am just plain dumb?
    Err... Govt/GLC sent a S$2k salaried guy to France? Dun think so right unless everything can be claimed. Even then, S$2k also not enuff I feel....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

S$2k+ pm net for keeping AND everything else covered by Co (like car, house, children education, lunch(?) etc, including return air-ticket every year)...

Quote Originally Posted by Warren49 View Post
    Err... Govt/GLC sent a S$2k salaried guy to France? Dun think so right unless everything can be claimed. Even then, S$2k also not enuff I feel....

Should look at landed per household income earner to silent the person who shouted landed storm coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by taggy View Post
    Now, when simply looking at the heading "average Singaporean household earned S$10,500 a month",

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Should look at landed per household income earner to silent the person who shouted landed storm coming.
    For landed, the first 40% all have income lower than 5rm HDBs ... So there is some truth in run down landeds..

And for condo, except for the highest percentile , all other levels are lower that 5rm HDBs. It seems to suggest average 5RM HDB dwellers are richer than average condo dwellers for the most part.

One thing is common in both condo and landed: the top 20%'s income is so much higher than all the rest, the simple average bring up the total average to be significantly higher than 80% of the average condo/landed dwellers. I won't be surprised most of the wealth are concentrated in the top 5% only.
    Last edited by amk; 18-09-14 at 22:05.

As in 5% of the people earn >50% of the incomes in Singapore?

But they don't spend >20% of their incomes on living expenses right?!

No wonder these people welcome GST with 4 arms so that they can get income and corporate tax cut!

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    For landed, the first 40% all have income lower than 5rm HDBs ... So there is some truth in run down landeds..

And for condo, except for the highest percentile , all other levels are lower that 5rm HDBs. It seems to suggest average 5RM HDB dwellers are richer than average condo dwellers for the most part.

One thing is common in both condo and landed: the top 20%'s income is so much higher than all the rest, the simple average bring up the total average to be significantly higher than 80% of the average condo/landed dwellers. I won't be surprised most of the wealth are concentrated in the top 5% only.

u need to understand the different between average and median. the CNA u cut from is saying Average income. The Statistics u cut n paste from is Median Income. So if u look at ur statics what CNA stating Average is correct. While the stats from Singastats mention the median income is $7870 is also correct.

From Singapore stats department.
    "
    Key Household Income Trends, 2013 Highlights
    Median Household Income Grew
    1 Among resident employed households 1 , median monthly household income from work2 increased from $7,570 in 2012 to $7,870 in 2013, a 4.0 per cent growth in nominal terms, or 1.6 per cent in real3 terms. Over the last 5 years from 2008 to 2013, the median monthly household income from work of resident employed households rose by 11 per cent in real terms."

http://phoenix.about.com/od/homepric...vs-average.htm

Median vs. Average

The median of a set of numbers is that number where half the numbers are lower and half the numbers are higher. In the case of real estate, that means that the median is the price where half the homes sold that month were cheaper, and half were more expensive. The average of a set of numbers is the total of those numbers divided by the number of items in that set. The median and the average might be close and they might not.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

SG-HouseHold.png

Total $1,050,260
    Half $525,130 (belong to Top 23%)

Well said!

To those who are still blur, those are household income lah! Many of these household got 2 people or even more working! Divide by number of working people and the salary of each individual is pathetic!
    On the other hand, look at those living in condos and especially landed, many got only 1 person working, earning $MILLIONs and wife shake leg can full-time couch their children and prepare for GEP etc so that they can have better advantage over your average family's kids!

Talk about meritocracy through life, is GEP and those IP programme practising meritocracy when they have all kinds of exemptions and privileges and waiver of competition / priority entry into their ideal schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Below Average. So sad.......... Salary only SGD 2000 plus.

This is a Fair World. All Men are equal but some men are more equal.

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    u need to understand the different between average and median. the CNA u cut from is saying Average income. The Statistics u cut n paste from is Median Income. So if u look at ur statics what CNA stating Average is correct. While the stats from Singastats mention the median income is $7870 is also correct.
    Of cos I know the different between average and median la.
    The point I trying to make is :
    By stressing the average income in the article heading, don't you think CNA is actually saboring the govt
    The heading could have been "median income increases..."
    I m sure some of the first 60% household see liao, sure dam TL.
    Maybe this is the hidden agenda of CNA? (who still say main stream media is control by govt? )

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Well said!

To those who are still blur, those are household income lah! Many of these household got 2 people or even more working! Divide by number of working people and the salary of each individual is pathetic!
    On the other hand, look at those living in condos and especially landed, many got only 1 person working, earning $MILLIONs and wife shake leg can full-time couch their children and prepare for GEP etc so that they can have better advantage over your average family's kids!

Talk about meritocracy through life, is GEP and those IP programme practising meritocracy when they have all kinds of exemptions and privileges and waiver of competition / priority entry into their ideal schools?

Pls show some stats. those in condo 2 person working hard to pay for it. u dumb ass. trying to spread lies as usual.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Do you see the opportunity too?
    Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    According to Mypaper today, the averaged household monthly income for condo residents is S$20,000++, landed
    S$26,000+, and HDB, around S$7900.

landed got many kind.. i certainly dont dearn $26000+ some of my neighbours who drive big cars may.. but most of them like almost retire or near to retirement..

So its seems that the top 20% owners are buying up the bottom 20% landed owners. This will help the landed market by removing weak hands.

Also, it will be interesting to analyse the 90th to 100th percentile earners as I think that most will be making close to $60k-$80k a month just with one working member in the household.

$30,000 p.a. of household income is at 95%. It quite achievable when a couple has professional jobs. Business person and Some Zizhar stall owners can also qualify.

The key words used is "average".

I can have 50 person earning 5K and another 50 person earning 10k, therefore the average is 7.5k, but this seems quite "fair".

In a way, how about 8 person earning 5k and 2 person 30k, averagely per person earn 10k in this example.

Nevertheless, the average seems to be pretty close.

Standard deviation might be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhwang View Post

I can have 50 person earning 5K and another 50 person earning 10k, therefore the average is 7.5k, but this seems quite "fair".

In a way, how about 8 person earning 5k and 2 person 30k, averagely per person earn 10k in this example.

Quote Originally Posted by bhwang View Post

lat time they use median people complain not accurate. so this round they use average. regardless median or average as long we understand how the no. are derived then ok.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

As usual, the minority liar would want tell some lies to make the middle and lower income people happy about the fact that the top people are paying themselves fat salaries and many many months of bonuses while paying those people below them peanuts!

Some stats to show condos many got only 1 person working? Nah here it is, from your government:

"Table 4. Average Number of Working Persons Among Resident and Resident Employed Households by Type of Dwelling, 2003 - 2013"
    Year-- HDB 4-Room -- HDB 5-Room & Executive Flats -- Condominiums & Other Apartments -- Landed Properties
    2013 -- 1.90 -- 1.99 -- 1.65 -- 1.88

The above shows that there are only 1.65 working person living in condos & apts, vs 1.99 working persons living in HDB 5-room & executive flats, 1.88 in landed (when landed is so big and housing multiple / extended families)!

There we goes, minority the liar has been exposed for lying again!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Pls show some stats. those in condo 2 person working hard to pay for it. u dumb ass. trying to spread lies as usual.
    Well said!

Rejuvenation of older landed is good with new owners who will renovate or reconstruct them as garment has upgraded some of the older estates minimally on the surroundings such as drains and nearby parks given that only 5.5% of the total households are staying in them. It will still be a affordable class of asset for now but it will be more limited in the long run especially those FH and in CCR/RCR.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullman View Post
    So its seems that the top 20% owners are buying up the bottom 20% landed owners. This will help the landed market by removing weak hands.

Also, it will be interesting to analyse the 90th to 100th percentile earners as I think that most will be making close to $60k-$80k a month just with one working member in the household.

As usual, the minority liar would want tell some lies to make the middle and lower income people happy about the fact that the top people are paying themselves fat salaries and many many months of bonuses while paying those people below them peanuts!

Some stats to show condos many got only 1 person working? Nah here it is, from your government:

"Table 4. Average Number of Working Persons Among Resident and Resident Employed Households by Type of Dwelling, 2003 - 2013"
    Year-- HDB 4-Room -- HDB 5-Room & Executive Flats -- Condominiums & Other Apartments -- Landed Properties
    2013 -- 1.90 -- 1.99 -- 1.65 -- 1.88

The above shows that there are only 1.65 working person living in condos & apts, vs 1.99 working persons living in HDB 5-room & executive flats, 1.88 in landed (when landed is so big and housing multiple / extended families)!

There we goes, minority the liar has been exposed for lying again!

What a crock of bullshit!!!! 1.88 and 1.65 is 1 person! WOW!!! your mats really fail!!!! u are a bloody liar. then base on your stats the Landed property person is working as hard as the HDB 4 bed room too! 1.88 verses 1.9!!! Now who is the liar!!!! 1.88 is 1 person.. WOW which school u went to? never teach u how to count!!!! you cannot tell the diff of 1 and not 1????? I PITY u. Trying ti lie and fudge facts and yet cannot able to do it properly.

CHEAT , LIAR and BULLSHITTER!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH