Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Rental sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Cannot rent out on my own without an agent when one is having a full-time job. Maybe can do it when one retires. SB Owners should collectively accept higher rent and do not be desperate as there are lots of interested prospective tenants. $4000 is just too low for a 2-bedder partial furnished in city fringe area.
    Hi, is your unit within walking distance to the mrt? Is a one year lease or 2 years? The rental market is still ok, tats good..

It is a 2-year lease. Just 5 min walk to mrt station.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Hi, is your unit within walking distance to the mrt? Is a one year lease or 2 years? The rental market is still ok, tats good..

It's still good deal. Saw many 2 bedders in city fringe area rented out in range of ~3.2-3.5k.

Cannot rent out on my own without an agent when one is having a full-time job. Maybe can do it when one retires. SB Owners should collectively accept higher rent and do not be desperate as there are lots of interested prospective tenants. $4000 is just too low for a 2-bedder partial furnished in city fringe area.

It is really blessing in disguise that my last tenant terminated the one year extended contract earlier. Now with a new tenant, it will tie through the challenging year of 2015 & 2016. Otherwise, the last tenant will complete the tenancy agreement in nov 2015.
    My cityfringe 2 bedder condo apt just leased out after more than 15 viewings in the past 12 days. Besides those highlighted in my last email, they are Norwegian, Swedish, south Korean, Japanese, British, Hong Konger, Malaysian, Indian from UK, Russian, Italian, etc. Finally rented out to a lawyer from Europe today. I am expecting a much longer time to find the right tenant but manage to find a replacement within 3 weeks since the last tenant left. Will have 3months plus 1 week bonus from the last tenant given early termination of tenancy agreement. Have received several offers but they are only offering $4000 and some even one fully furnished. The rental market is not so bad yet in city fringe.

City Fringe is quite large. Where are you referring to? My development is in D7. Rental should be on the high $4000.
    Quote Originally Posted by seasg View Post
    It's still good deal. Saw many 2 bedders in city fringe area rented out in range of ~3.2-3.5k.

The best way now is to secure a 2-years lease of tenant, after that the market should be better

City Fringe is quite large. Where are you referring to? My development is in D7. Rental should be on the high $4000.
    Yeps, also depends on the sizes of the 2-bedders. There are relatively larger 2-bdrs in D15 (>1000sf) transacting at around 5k rental, while the much smaller ones transacting at 3.5K+ thereabouts.

2 room high 4$k at D7 should be considered very good.

Recently viewed numerous rental units. Quite surprised by some of the asking.

D7 city square residence, super convenient, just next to Csq mall, MRT and cinema, numerous 2room units asking below 4k with furnishing. many actual transacted prices 3.6-3.8k

D11, Lincoln suites just TOP, next to USq, super convenient, so many of the MM units asking 3k, some even offered full furnishings

D11, Glyndebourne, just TOP, super size 2 roomers >1000sq, they are asking<4k

same as for some of the newer D10 condos

do the visits to get the real sentiments

I have a new lease starting. My first time being a landlord.

Should I be present during the handover or remain anonymous?

Altez like doing super well, studio/1bedder $3800 and above

Quote Originally Posted by dazzleboy View Post

Be there to do the handover, so that u know who u rented to and know your tenant... if landlord cares, the tenant will not dare to play tricks

I believe D15 has lots of competitive. Too many newly TOP developments overshadowing the older ones. D15 rental is on the lower side. Am I right? The newer TOP units of 2 bedder should be about 800-900sqft.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    Yeps, also depends on the sizes of the 2-bedders. There are relatively larger 2-bdrs in D15 (>1000sf) transacting at around 5k rental, while the much smaller ones transacting at 3.5K+ thereabouts.

Glyndebourne is not doing too well as they are not really that near to town just like D Leedon and cannot compete with those higher houses in bukit timah area. Rental yield will be really low if 2 rooms of >1000sgft asking <4k. It was selling at more than $2000/sqft. The completion of the new mrt station may help. Asking price is low because of too many desperate landlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    2 room high 4$k at D7 should be considered very good.

Recently viewed numerous rental units. Quite surprised by some of the asking.

D7 city square residence, super convenient, just next to Csq mall, MRT and cinema, numerous 2room units asking below 4k with furnishing. many actual transacted prices 3.6-3.8k

D11, Lincoln suites just TOP, next to USq, super convenient, so many of the MM units asking 3k, some even offered full furnishings

D11, Glyndebourne, just TOP, super size 2 roomers >1000sq, they are asking<4k

same as for some of the newer D10 condos

do the visits to get the real sentiments

Some city fringe studios also commanded such rent when they were TOP with 50% lower $/psf. But those days are over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Altez like doing super well, studio/1bedder $3800 and above

It is always good to show up but do not exchange name card exchange mobile phone no. or email address. Leave it to agent to handle. Finding a good tenant is always like striking a lottery.

It is always good to show up but do not exchange name card exchange mobile phone no. or email address. Leave it to agent to handle. Finding a good tenant is always like striking a lottery.
    Yes, my tenant stays with me for 4 years, request me to extend for 2 more years, I say ok, as they are good tenants, .... They are also tired to change although they got many new projects to choose, they just like the environment

It will be better if you can friend them in Facebook.

I believe D15 has lots of competitive. Too many newly TOP developments overshadowing the older ones. D15 rental is on the lower side. Am I right? The newer TOP units of 2 bedder should be about 800-900sqft.
    D15 has a quite a few clusters of condos, and based on my observation, Tj Rhu and Amber area remain popular with tenants with constantly high demands.

The newly TOP ones like Silversea has 2-brs around 1000sf (with no balconies). If I am not wrong, rental is looking at around 4.4k (bare empty unit) to as high as 5K++, depending on the furnishings and facings. I have been renting out my 2bdr above 5K in the past but recently have to drop it to below 5K. Tenants feedback that with a 5K+ budget, they are able to find a unit in town (Orchard) of similar size.

I thought Silversea will be able to command higher rental given its profiel and just TOP not tool long ago. I was actually considering of getting one then. Fortunately did not commit. For 2 bedder of slightly below 1000sqft can fetch better rental near cityfringe and $psf is probably 30% lower based on current market.
    D15 has a quite a few clusters of condos, and based on my observation, Tj Rhu and Amber area remain popular with tenants with constantly high demands.

The newly TOP ones like Silversea has 2-brs around 1000sf (with no balconies). If I am not wrong, rental is looking at around 4.4k (bare empty unit) to as high as 5K++, depending on the furnishings and facings. I have been renting out my 2bdr above 5K in the past but recently have to drop it to below 5K. Tenants feedback that with a 5K+ budget, they are able to find a unit in town (Orchard) of similar size.

Silversea, most 2 roomers bet 4 to 4.5k only. Touching 5k are the few well furnished ones with seaview and can get around 3.5k for those blocked views

I have a unit in Amber vicinity and agree that rental in this area is not great. It's a bit difficult to determine the precise reasons; rental sentiment is generally poor at the moment given the oversupply in Singapore, and this is especially true in D15 given a number of recently completed projects. However, my sense is that D15 will always enjoy good rental demand because of the lifestyle it promises (near good food, city and sea), but ultimately, because of the current large supply of units there, rent is unlikely to rise much and will probably remain constant or dip a little for the next few years at least. I wouldn't buy D15 purely as an investment, but I like the area and see it as somewhere I would like to live eventually, and the downside is relatively little given that there will always be demand for units in D15. Just don't buy it expecting fantastic rental returns given the general property market and the oversupply specifically in D15.

Rental will be subdued besides the your stated reasons plus the inconvenience caused due to construciton of the mrt lines in the next 9 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru View Post
    I have a unit in Amber vicinity and agree that rental in this area is not great. It's a bit difficult to determine the precise reasons; rental sentiment is generally poor at the moment given the oversupply in Singapore, and this is especially true in D15 given a number of recently completed projects. However, my sense is that D15 will always enjoy good rental demand because of the lifestyle it promises (near good food, city and sea), but ultimately, because of the current large supply of units there, rent is unlikely to rise much and will probably remain constant or dip a little for the next few years at least. I wouldn't buy D15 purely as an investment, but I like the area and see it as somewhere I would like to live eventually, and the downside is relatively little given that there will always be demand for units in D15. Just don't buy it expecting fantastic rental returns given the general property market and the oversupply specifically in D15.