Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83

Thread: Sims Urban Oasis (D14, 99-year leasehold, Guocoland)

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    20 years from now, all car electric no more noise.
    Apart from Engines Sound, noises are also generated from Tyre-Road friction, Horns, Sirens, etc... :-)

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Apart from Engines Sound, noises are also generated from Tyre-Road friction, Horns, Sirens, etc... :-)
    20 years later no need to horn, no driver.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Duo Residences
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Nexus International School Aljunied Campus just broke ground:

    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...198063594&fs=5

    Owners of Units at Sims Urban Oasis going to huat?
    I reckon that is one of the many reasons why SUO is selling pretty ok despite in Geylang/Aljunied area.

    As an owner of PPR, I also hope there is some spillover effect from nearby schools, this one is still one stop away by train. I reckon the parents of these international school kids will not want to stay in walk up apartments in one of the Lorongs.

    2 cents,
    PropVestor

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    20 years later no need to horn, no driver.
    Maybe also no more wheels by then...


  5. #65

    Default

    Pictures of Showflat Model...






  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    I reckon that is one of the many reasons why SUO is selling pretty ok despite in Geylang/Aljunied area.

    As an owner of PPR, I also hope there is some spillover effect from nearby schools, this one is still one stop away by train. I reckon the parents of these international school kids will not want to stay in walk up apartments in one of the Lorongs.

    2 cents,
    PropVestor

    Walking distance to James Cook as well. They are expanding as well.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    I went there and this project OMG...is >1000 units.....

    Definitely, cannot relax in the pools.....and every weekends, BBQ

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    I reckon that is one of the many reasons why SUO is selling pretty ok despite in Geylang/Aljunied area.

    As an owner of PPR, I also hope there is some spillover effect from nearby schools, this one is still one stop away by train. I reckon the parents of these international school kids will not want to stay in walk up apartments in one of the Lorongs.

    2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Almost 90% sold by now:

    http://www.simsurbanoasiscondominium.com/home

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    I went there and this project OMG...is >1000 units.....

    Definitely, cannot relax in the pools.....and every weekends, BBQ
    Agree, it could be quite crowded: Gym, Function Room, Tennis Court, etc.

  10. #70

    Default

    Received agents' broadcasts:

    ""Please note that Sims Urban Oasis site will be closed w.e.f. *28th Aug - 29th Sep 2017* for TOP inspection and Price review. No viewings allowed during this period.""

    TOP and price increase soon?

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Agree, it could be quite crowded: Gym, Function Room, Tennis Court, etc.
    This is a very high density project. I wonder how many buyers are aware of this and the implications of living like that .

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip09 View Post
    This is a very high density project. I wonder how many buyers are aware of this and the implications of living like that .
    Pro and Con, depending on what you look at.

    Some see Value others Don't.

    Same with Southbank.

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Pro and Con, depending on what you look at.

    Some see Value others Don't.

    Same with Southbank.
    Doesn't Southbank have a Low density? One of the pros of mega projects is maintenance fees tend to be lower. But using facilities will be an issue on weekends. There is certainly a growing disparity in sizes, density of newer projects and over time I think lifestyles will change. Of course demographics have also changed and we have shrinking household sizes. Possibly over time our Plot ratios will be increased too.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip09 View Post
    Doesn't Southbank have a Low density? One of the pros of mega projects is maintenance fees tend to be lower. But using facilities will be an issue on weekends. There is certainly a growing disparity in sizes, density of newer projects and over time I think lifestyles will change. Of course demographics have also changed and we have shrinking household sizes. Possibly over time our Plot ratios will be increased too.
    Yes, but near Chicken farm, Thai wonderland, expensive HDB, near main road, near longkang and lot of Credit Manager.

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip09 View Post
    This is a very high density project. I wonder how many buyers are aware of this and the implications of living like that .
    Yeah, quite high at 1000+ units on a not-so-big parcel of land...

    Are there any other project(s) with even higher densities?

  16. #76

    Default

    Haha, right on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Yes, but near Chicken farm, Thai wonderland, expensive HDB, near main road, near longkang and lot of Credit Manager.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Duo Residences
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
    Haha, right on.
    He missed out on the massive capital appreciation based on his entry price. Right on!

  18. #78

    Default

    Been there, lousy location, dirty, dusty, noisy and not buying this, not a good living enviorment, there are much better and stronger condo's investment elsewhere !
    Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    He missed out on the massive capital appreciation based on his entry price. Right on!

  19. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    He missed out on the massive capital appreciation based on his entry price. Right on!
    For the location and current price, are you sure there is good potential for massive capital appreciation? I highly doubt it but time will tell.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Duo Residences
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frumnat View Post
    For the location and current price, are you sure there is good potential for massive capital appreciation? I highly doubt it but time will tell.
    I think he has revealed how much he has paid for it ~10 years ago.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •