Thread: Harbourlights (68 Telok Blangah Rd) & Telok Blangah House (52 Telok Blangah Rd)

Default Harbourlights (68 Telok Blangah Rd) & Telok Blangah House (52 Telok Blangah Rd)

I am quite amazed why these 2 gems have not been explicitly listed in District 4 folder. They are the only FHs at unbeatable location.

this forum is for new condo development. not old condo?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    this forum is for new condo development. not old condo?
    It is for ALL condos, old and new.

Quote Originally Posted by PC08 View Post
    I am quite amazed why these 2 gems have not been explicitly listed in District 4 folder. They are the only FHs at unbeatable location.
    Thanks for the additions!

Quote Originally Posted by reporter2 View Post
    Thanks for the additions!
    No problem!

This could be an asian thing, but I'd prioritize location over posh facilities and nice views. I'd always take these 2 over Caribbean, Corals, or Reflections anytime. It will be a pity if people misses out these 2 options while looking to getting something in D4.

No problem!

This could be an asian thing, but I'd prioritize location over posh facilities and nice views. I'd always take these 2 over Caribbean, Corals, or Reflections anytime. It will be a pity if people misses out these 2 options while looking to getting something in D4.
    Reason is the plot size, view, and facilities are not able to match up. It may be an asian thing, but being "on the other side of the road" makes it less attractive for some. All these various considerations including location, internal layout, etc will be factored in. And the market will decide on the appropriate price.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Reason is the plot size, view, and facilities are not able to match up. It may be an asian thing, but being "on the other side of the road" makes it less attractive for some. All these various considerations including location, internal layout, etc will be factored in. And the market will decide on the appropriate price.
    Yes, your reasoning is logical, different market segments I reckon.

Recently, I spoke to a couple of friends who frequent Vivo, and told them that there are FH condos opposite Vivo, just need to walk 3-4mins. None knew of the projects existence, all of them knew Reflections and Caribbean though. Hah ...

In any case, I realize that not many units are listed/available for these 2 projects. Owners seem to be holding very tightly to them.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Property located right next to via duct is a terrible place to live because of noise dust and also femgshui. Plus right next to this development there is a freehold Malay cemetery. Definitely a no go for me even if it's freehold.

Quote Originally Posted by 789 View Post
    Property located right next to via duct is a terrible place to live because of noise dust and also femgshui. Plus right next to this development there is a freehold Malay cemetery. Definitely a no go for me even if it's freehold.
    Are you referring to the royal graves owned by johor sultan? I think that will stay for a long time. If you have issues staying beside the royal graves, then this place will not be for you definitely.

Noise will not be a concern even at those units facing the road. They (Harbourlights, not sure about Telok Blangah House) have double glazed windows.

Dust could be, I'll let you know after I stay there (Harbourlights). Heeee ...
    Last edited by PC08; 06-01-15 at 04:01.

Are you referring to the royal graves owned by johor sultan? I think that will stay for a long time. If you have issues staying beside the royal graves, then this place will not be for you definitely.

Noise will not be a concern even at those units facing the road. They (Harbourlights, not sure about Telok Blangah House) have double glazed windows.

burial ground is a definite no go for property because any property that is located near cemetery will instantly turn off most property buyers. The recent saga on Sengkang columbarium is a good example.

Having double glazed window doesnt change the fact that its noisy place to live. it only prevent noise from getting into the house by locking yourself inside.

agree. and for those with kids, you will see that living too near a main road or expressway will affect their health

Quote Originally Posted by 789 View Post
    burial ground is a definite no go for property because any property that is located near cemetery will instantly turn off most property buyers. The recent saga on Sengkang columbarium is a good example.

Having double glazed window doesnt change the fact that its noisy place to live. it only prevent noise from getting into the house by locking yourself inside.
    Obviously, this project is not meant for your type/category then. Just stick to something you are comfortable with. ;-)

Sengkang Columbarium is a different issue altogether. In my opinion, the details were not clearly communicated from the beginning.

Hello PC08
    Saw the latest transaction 700+ sq ft in harbour light, paid about $1300psf... Are you the lucky buyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Hello PC08
    Saw the latest transaction 700+ sq ft in harbour light, paid about $1300psf... Are you the lucky buyer?
    Unfortunately not? or perhaps it could be fortunate?

Shall wait for Condo PPI to pull back to 160-180 first, it's currently at 190+. That's another 10-20% drop.