Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Significant Singapore News

$788 for 2 days course! I think he's getting abit too greedy..

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Ha ha ha!
    For all you know, most of my money is already in foreign currencies............
    Master Bear and Senior Master Kelonguni , can you recommend a good money changer with ( best rate ) as my sgd expenses running low. Very cumbersome to queue often. Cannot use bank as the charger too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Master Bear and Senior Master Kelonguni , can you recommend a good money changer with ( best rate ) as my sgd expenses running low. Very cumbersome to queue often. Cannot use bank as the charger too high.
    Masters Bear , I experienced during Lehman crisis my usd dropped from 1.55 to 1.22 when local OCR dropped from 800plus to 500 plus PSF . Thus didn't convert my usd holding to buy property MTB sianz

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Default Min wage implemented for landscape workers - $1300 per month!

Last edited by teddybear; 04-03-16 at 21:11.

Can we really survive with $1300 monthly in SG? Not even with 20% CPF CPF deduction. Perhaps, it should use straggle instead survive.

Living in Singapore is not easy. The only way is to cut cost like everybody does. I started with $1500, i save money on grocery, 1 month save $100, 1 year $1200, considering it as a bonus

It is easy to save money on our daily stuffs. Just a tip to share with you guys. Eg, we can save $3 on a Dove hair shampoo. https://www.diffmarts.com/69635/dove...air-fall-700ml

Now landscape workers will also get Minimum wages!
    What are they getting? - $1300 per month!

This follows Minimum wages implemented for:
    1) Cleaners
    2) Security Guards
    Now 3) Landscape workers

Which profession will be next? Want to guess?
    - Hawker Assistant?
    - Sales assistant?
    - Cashiers?
    - who else in the line-up???
    What min wage ? Progressive Wage. its tie to a skill set improvement criteria. Not blind wage increase. Dont Lie lah!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

any idea how much is a cashier paid ... in a restaurant / cafe / Bread Talk / etc ?

minority,
    Don't talk cock lah!
    Progressive wage is just a form of min wage, regardless of how we look at it, because it has a "min wage" legislation!

Ok ok, Progressive wage is multi-tier min wage, song boh?

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    What min wage ? Progressive Wage. its tie to a skill set improvement criteria. Not blind wage increase. Dont Lie lah!

minority,
    Don't talk cock lah!
    Progressive wage is just a form of min wage, regardless of how we look at it, because it has a "min wage" legislation!

So u agree its not Min Wage. GOOD!!!!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    any idea how much is a cashier paid ... in a restaurant / cafe / Bread Talk / etc ?
    https://www.jobsbank.gov.sg/ICMSPort...B-2016-0029700

Bread talk

waiters

Other Information:

Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
    5.5-days work week (on 10 hours rotating shift)
    Salary : S$1,500 – S$1,600

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

LOL, don't be stubborn. It is minimum wage, just named differently so that the govt and people like you can don't lose face too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    LOL, don't be stubborn. It is minimum wage, just named differently so that the govt and people like you can don't lose face too badly.
    Min Wage do not distinguish on skill set. its set as a bar across all work forces and regardless have skill or no skill. It do not contribute to any increase in productivity.

the Wage ladder scheme is tied to skill set improvement i.e. learning to operate a cleaning machine or automation machines etc. which have impact on improving productivity.

So how can that be the same?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    Tell you don't lie and you keep lying?!!!

Who don't know "Progressive wage" is a kind of "Minimum wage"?

Even your Minister (and NTUC Secretary General) Lim Swee Say had stated that "Progressive wage" is Singapore's form of "Minimum Wage"!!!

Proof (read the links)
    (1)
    "Singapore's model of minimum wage taking shape: Lim Swee Say"

(2) "Singapore’s ‘Minimum Wage Model’ Better, Says SG Lim"

If you disagree with my statement that "Progressive wage" is a kind of "Minimum Wage" (which is precisely Singapore's model of "Minimum Wage"), that means you disagree with your Minister Lim Swee Say, and so are you telling us here that Your Minister Lim is lying to us?
    Obviously NOT!
    So the Fact tells us that minority YOU ARE LYING!!!

minority's LIE EXPOSED again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh!

Min Wage do not distinguish on skill set. its set as a bar across all work forces and regardless have skill or no skill. It do not contribute to any increase in productivity.

the Wage ladder scheme is tied to skill set improvement i.e. learning to operate a cleaning machine or automation machines etc. which have impact on improving productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    minority,
    Don't talk cock lah!

minority,
    Tell you don't lie and you keep lying?!!!

Who don't know "Progressive wage" is a kind of "Minimum wage"?

Even your Minister (and NTUC Secretary General) Lim Swee Say had stated that "Progressive wage" is Singapore's form of "Minimum Wage"!!!

Proof (read the links)
    (1)
    "Singapore's model of minimum wage taking shape: Lim Swee Say"

(2) "Singapore’s ‘Minimum Wage Model’ Better, Says SG Lim"

If you disagree with my statement that "Progressive wage" is a kind of "Minimum Wage" (which is precisely Singapore's model of "Minimum Wage"), that means you disagree with your Minister Lim Swee Say, and so are you telling us here that Your Minister Lim is lying to us?
    Obviously NOT!
    So the Fact tells us that minority YOU ARE LYING!!!

minority's LIE EXPOSED again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh!
    So now u argee its not plain Min Wage. Good. You prata ard flip here flip there finally u agree its not your basic plain vanila min wage. and its a wage tie to progressive skill increase. Good that you finally prata back to this. So will you flip again? WELL I THINK SO.. coz you are just a plain liar.

You insist its min wage I told you long ago its not min wage its progressive wage tat is tied to skill increase. you can call it multi-tier min wage now that you prata back to this. I am OK. MY STAND NEVER CHANGE THIS IS NOT THE PLAIN MIN WAGE THAT IS REGARDLESS OF SKILL SETS INCREASE!

SO DONT FLIP FLOP AND LIE LAH!!! DONT TALK COCK!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Regardless of what you twist and turn, FACT is, "Progressive Wage" is basically "Minimum Wage"! It is like "Minimum Wage" with 2 horns added! (or people say drawing a snake with 4 legs added???)

So now u argee its not plain Min Wage. Good. You prata ard flip here flip there finally u agree its not your basic plain vanila min wage. and its a wage tie to progressive skill increase. Good that you finally prata back to this. So will you flip again? WELL I THINK SO.. coz you are just a plain liar.

You insist its min wage I told you long ago its not min wage its progressive wage tat is tied to skill increase. you can call it multi-tier min wage now that you prata back to this. I am OK. MY STAND NEVER CHANGE THIS IS NOT THE PLAIN MIN WAGE THAT IS REGARDLESS OF SKILL SETS INCREASE!

SO DONT FLIP FLOP AND LIE LAH!!! DONT TALK COCK!

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_wage
    "The median wage of cleaners in the civil service was between S$675 and S$950 prior to the introduction of the Progressive Wage Model."
    So what did the cleaners learn in that period of time that justify going from $675-$950 to $1000? the increment range from $50-$325 or 5%-48% increment.
    Any productivity increase from $675 to $1000? how about the slightly more skilled cleaners that earn $700? Regardless of skill or no skill, both workers that earn $675 and $700 seems to have both $1000.

Does any job earn lesser than cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_wage
    "The median wage of cleaners in the civil service was between S$675 and S$950 prior to the introduction of the Progressive Wage Model."
    So what did the cleaners learn in that period of time that justify going from $675-$950 to $1000? the increment range from $50-$325 or 5%-48% increment.
    Any productivity increase from $675 to $1000? how about the slightly more skilled cleaners that earn $700? Regardless of skill or no skill, both workers that earn $675 and $700 seems to have both $1000.

Does any job earn lesser than cleaner?
    yes.

your Maid. earn lesser. maid pay is anything ard 400-600 pm without benifits with none to 4 days off.

Cleaners get train to operate machines. i.e. washing , cleaning or sorting. Work structure improvement etc. All that will contribute to something i.e. productivity or better work quality.

"Companies seeking accreditation are required to submit their company’s progressive wage
    structure, to demonstrate that they have in place a structure that enables their cleaners to
    upgrade and progress to their next respective wage levels. In particular, the structure would
    have to show that cleaners belonging to Group 1 and 2 receive basic wages beginning at
    $1,000 or higher, and that cleaners belonging to Group 3 have basic wages beginning at
    $1,200 or higher"
    Last edited by minority; 02-04-16 at 20:01.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Regardless of what you twist and turn, FACT is, "Progressive Wage" is basically "Minimum Wage"! It is like "Minimum Wage" with 2 horns added! (or people say drawing a snake with 4 legs added???)
    So u flip flop again? BRAVO. BRAVO. I CLAP FOR u. At one moment u agree its different coz its progressive. And now u flip again? I maintain my stand. that there is skill set parameter tied to the wage increase. ur so call min wage have non its a blind across the board application which does nothing but put the min wage earner in even more dire postition. Even loosing the job. At the same time jack up inflation. So your Min wage is a total useless crap. Nothing more than some opposition carrot to so call kick the can down the road bullshit mandate.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    You must have been the biggest talk cock here!

If Min wage as you said is a total useless crap, then the FACT that "Progressive Wage" is based on "Min Wage" (PW is as though a MW horse with a fake horn added and calling it a PW "unicorn") means "Progressive Wage" is also totally crap? Ha ha ha!

So u flip flop again? BRAVO. BRAVO. I CLAP FOR u. At one moment u agree its different coz its progressive. And now u flip again? I maintain my stand. that there is skill set parameter tied to the wage increase. ur so call min wage have non its a blind across the board application which does nothing but put the min wage earner in even more dire postition. Even loosing the job. At the same time jack up inflation. So your Min wage is a total useless crap. Nothing more than some opposition carrot to so call kick the can down the road bullshit mandate.

minority,
    You must have been the biggest talk cock here!

If Min wage as you said is a total useless crap, then the FACT that "Progressive Wage" is based on "Min Wage" (PW is as though a MW horse with a fake horn added and calling it a PW "unicorn") means "Progressive Wage" is also totally crap? Ha ha ha!
    Like you say Progressive wage is not the same as Min Wage. If Min wage so good why not adopt it . So dont flip prata lah . one moment agree its not the same next say its the same. Goes to show the bloody lies you and crap you are spewing.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    Wow, you the biggest liar here pointing fingers at others?

I already made myself very clear (and agreed with your Minister Lim Swee Say):
    "Progressive Wage" is Singapore's "Minimum Wage" model!!!!! (PW is basically based on MW!)

Didn't Singapore Government just implemented a "Minimum Wage" model that they labelled as "Progressive Wage"?

This just goes to show "Minimum Wage" is indispensable! They just can't implement "Progressive Wage" without including Min Wage!

And didn't your Minister Lim Swee Say openly said that "Progressive Wage" is a model of "Minimum Wage"?
    And now you tell us "Progressive Wage" is not based on "Minimum Wage"?
    So are you telling us that your Minister is lying?
    Oh gosh! The FACT before us already tell us that you are the one lying instead!!! Ho ho ho!!!!!!!!

There you goes, your lies exposed again!

Like you say Progressive wage is not the same as Min Wage. If Min wage so good why not adopt it . So dont flip prata lah . one moment agree its not the same next say its the same. Goes to show the bloody lies you and crap you are spewing.

minority,
    Wow, you the biggest liar here pointing fingers at others?

I already made myself very clear (and agreed with your Minister Lim Swee Say):
    "Progressive Wage" is Singapore's "Minimum Wage" model!!!!! (PW is basically based on MW!)

Didn't Singapore Government just implemented a "Minimum Wage" model that they labelled as "Progressive Wage"?

This just goes to show "Minimum Wage" is indispensable! They just can't implement "Progressive Wage" without including Min Wage!

And didn't your Minister Lim Swee Say openly said that "Progressive Wage" is a model of "Minimum Wage"?
    And now you tell us "Progressive Wage" is not based on "Minimum Wage"?
    So are you telling us that your Minister is lying?
    Oh gosh! The FACT before us already tell us that you are the one lying instead!!! Ho ho ho!!!!!!!!

There you goes, your lies exposed again!

Talk cock lah. I all along been saying Progressuive is <=> to Min Wage. u are the one who say its the same. Now u pull out a quote from your backside say its a model of Min wage. So now you are agreeing that progressive wage is not EQUAL to Min Wage. so ???? STOP DANCING ARD LAH. THE USUSAL SHIT YOU HAVE.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    Twisting and turning your words like you usually do again?????

Ask you the question: Progressive Wage is a model of "Minimum Wage", do you agree?

Tell us your answer first then I response to your talk cock sing song?

Talk cock lah. I all along been saying Progressuive is <=> to Min Wage. u are the one who say its the same. Now u pull out a quote from your backside say its a model of Min wage. So now you are agreeing that progressive wage is not EQUAL to Min Wage. so ???? STOP DANCING ARD LAH. THE USUSAL SHIT YOU HAVE.

minority,
    Twisting and turning your words like you usually do again?????

Ask you the question: Progressive Wage is a model of "Minimum Wage", do you agree?

Tell us your answer first then I response to your talk cock sing song?

Who is the one twisting the words? You are the one who insist that Min Wage is Progress wage. now u say its a Model? LOL!!! So its it a model or is it the same? can u make up your brainless mind? and stop flip flopping ard? Or basically you are a Progressive Liar. Who will just lie your way though and flip at the most convent moment.

Let me tell u my stand never change. Min Wage is not equal to Progressive WAGE. So don't come flip flop lah. now u agree its not the same! and you want to come act like you have been saying that all along???? WHAT A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

http://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-permi...s-in-singapore

Is there a prescribed minimum wage for foreign workers in Singapore?

No. As a matter of national policy, MOM does not prescribe minimum wages for all workers in Singapore, whether local or foreign. Whether wages should increase or decrease is best determined by market demand and supply for labour, skills, capabilities and competency to perform the task

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu View Post
    http://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-permi...s-in-singapore

Is there a prescribed minimum wage for foreign workers in Singapore?

No. As a matter of national policy, MOM does not prescribe minimum wages for all workers in Singapore, whether local or foreign. Whether wages should increase or decrease is best determined by market demand and supply for labour, skills, capabilities and competency to perform the task
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_wage
    Progressive Wage is enforced via business licensing (as opposed to legislation).

In legislation, no minimum wage. But you won't get cleaning business license if you don't pay minimum wage of $1000 to resident cleaner. And all that deal with cleaning services need to be licensed....so have minimum wage or not?

Let me rephrase the question:
    for jobs performed by residents, are there any jobs that pay lower than cleaning jobs? since progressive wage model only applicable to residents. (so pay $400 to bangla cleaner can, pay $400 to maid also can).

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_wage
    Progressive Wage is enforced via business licensing (as opposed to legislation).

In legislation, no minimum wage. But you won't get cleaning business license if you don't pay minimum wage of $1000 to resident cleaner. And all that deal with cleaning services need to be licensed....so have minimum wage or not?

Let me rephrase the question:
    for jobs performed by residents, are there any jobs that pay lower than cleaning jobs? since progressive wage model only applicable to residents. (so pay $400 to bangla cleaner can, pay $400 to maid also can).
    There is a subtle difference between Minimum Wage and minimum wage.

I'm not a fan of the TOC in general but there is an attempt here to distinguish between Minimum Wage and Progressive Wage.... but I do agree both models have a minimum wage component in them.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015...-modelspart-i/

Generally, the Minimum Wage model attempts a direct redistribution of wealth from the business to the worker, while the Progressive Wage model attempts to increase the wealth of workers by making them more valuable to the employer, who, in turn, will hire them at higher wages.

The Progressive Wage model
    1.Businesses require and desire local workers that are highly trained
    2.Workers are willing and able to undergo the training being given
    3.Businesses are willing to accept (through heavy incentivising or coercion) to accept the disruption to their businesses when training takes place (heavily incentivised, rather than merely incentivised because disruption to a business is not counted merely in dollars and cents. Sometimes, those causing the disruption are so vital that businesses might prefer to discard the worker altogether, and hire someone else on a permanent basis)
    4.Workers do not suffer from fatigue, insecurity and demoralisation, which make it impossible for them to sustain the effort needed to improve their skills (especially in the context of the above requirements)
    5.The economy is significantly driven by external factors, rather than internal consumption

The Minimum Wage model
    1.Businesses are able to absorb the cost of any increases in wages
    2.Workers are presently underpaid vis-a-vis the amount of effort that they put in – resulting in negative economic consequences such as under-consumption within the domestic economy
    3.Businesses are willing to accept (through heavy incentivising or coercion) to accept the increased costs that they must incur as a result of this action
    4.The effect of fatigue, insecurity and demoralisation are a primary cause of productivity decreases and stagnation, either through an unwillingness to take risks, or an inability to concentrate for psychological reasons
    5.The effect of increased salaries result in sufficient beneficial results, such as additional consumption, greater ability and willingness to partake in entrepreneurship, better ability to take on new skills, and increased tax revenues will outweigh the negative effects such as increases in unemployment, withdrawal of business opportunities and consequences of violations of trade agreements with other countries, if any.

UNQUOTE