Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Significant Singapore News

Tell me this exercise of famous Amous is not a political exercise with agenda?

Why all the "Friend" never go bail him out leh? after all they don't need cash. After all TRS all make a lot of $$$ from advertising.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...ts-on-facebook

After all its the land of free speech and no one was harm right? Why in US they jain the guy? Aint it land of freedom to speak anything you like? REALITY IS FREEDOM TO SPEAK DONT MEAN YOU DONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU SAY.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Default Jason Tan who threaten to cut Amos dick and put into his mouth jailable for >60 days?

minority,
    Thanks for the link.
    Land of free speech jail somebody for speaking something? Mmm, it must be something spoken that is very serious isn't it?
    Let's see the facts first.....

Devin Carey case: 18-year-old released from jail after making shooting threat on Facebook
    Sarah Beth Hensley, WCPO Digital
    6:48 PM, Jun 7, 2013

CINCINNATI - An 18-year-old who officials say used Facebook to make threats of a school shooting is free to go after he spent more than 20 days in jail.

Devin Carey of Springfield Township took to Facebook to respond to the tragic school shooting in Newtown, Conn., in December. "I'm so annoyed with dumb statuses about the Connecticut incident on my newsfeed that I think I could shoot a few kids myself," the 18-year-old posted on the social network following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, according to court documents.
    In court on Friday, Carey pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct after his original charge of inducing panic. Hamilton County Judge Ted Berry sentenced Carey to time served after he spent 29 days in jail.

Carey told Berry the post was meant to be a joke, but Berry urged Carey and other teens to not make light of such serious, tragic matters.

Now now, minority,
    we had establish the fact this
    Devin Carey threatened to "I think I could shoot a few kids myself," the 18-year-old posted on the social network following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School!

Now, you provided a very strong supporting document to justify why that Jason Tan who make the following threatening words to Amos Yee that he want to cut his (Amos') dick and put it into his mouth should be arrested and charged in court isn't it?
    Now that land of free speech cannot even tolerate threats against living people and will jail him, even a 18 years old, for 20 days;
    how could Singapore which is not land of free speech with strict law tolerate anybody, especially a fully matured adult with great strength, to threaten a young boy and is free and let loose to carry out his threat????? May be he should be jailed at least 3x 20 days = 60 days for making that threat against Amos who is just a boy?
    Oh, and because he is a PAP grassroot leader and had received a long service award, that is even worst, giving PAP a bad name and setting bad example, and the sentence should be double again right?!

minority,
    Is my conclusion above correct?

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post

After all its the land of free speech and no one was harm right? Why in US they jain the guy? Aint it land of freedom to speak anything you like? REALITY IS FREEDOM TO SPEAK DONT MEAN YOU DONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU SAY.

Last edited by teddybear; 21-04-15 at 23:29.

Tell me this exercise of famous Amous is not a political exercise with agenda?

Why all the "Friend" never go bail him out leh? after all they don't need cash. After all TRS all make a lot of $$$ from advertising.

You obviously don't know the difference between politics and activism. How many there are members of political party?

On the other hand, take a look at ACRES, whose founder recently joined the PAP. Now that is political exercise and agenda for you.

minority,
    On the other hand, in the land of free speech, it is Ok to make fun of death people.........

It is OK to make fun of in-term President, like here.....

or here................

And here is news about people in UK celebrating about death of Margaret Thatcher and cursing her (while her party, the Conservative Party, is currently in power and is the current government)...........

Look at the amount of hatred comments, sneering and even personal attack comics laid against Margaret Thatcher!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't need to look so far, just look at this about 1 year old news will do about Margaret Thatcher, headlined: "Margaret Thatcher's death greeted with street parties in Brixton and Glasgow".

Let me quote part of the article:
    Several hundred people gathered in south London on Monday evening to celebrate Margaret Thatcher's death with cans of beer, pints of milk and an impromptu street disco playing the soundtrack to her years in power.

Young and old descended on Brixton, a suburb which weathered two outbreaks of rioting during the Thatcher years. Many expressed jubilation that the leader they loved to hate was no more; others spoke of frustration that her legacy lived on.

To cheers of "Maggie Maggie Maggie, dead dead dead," posters of Thatcher were held aloft as reggae basslines pounded.

Clive Barger, a 62-year-old adult education tutor, said he had turned out to mark the passing of "one of the vilest abominations of social and economic history".

He said: "It is a moment to remember. She embodied everything that was so elitist in terms of repressing people who had nothing. She presided over a class war."

Not all were there to celebrate. Student Ray Thornton, 28, said he was there to commemorate "victims" of Thatcherism. "It is a solemn day. It is important to remember that Thatcherism isn't dead and it is important that people get out on the street and not allow the government to whitewash what she did," he said.

Unemployed Kiki Madden scrawled "you snatched my milk and our hope" on a fence and said she felt slightly guilty taking delight in Thatcher's death, "but in the end I can't deny the fact that Thatcher made me so unhappy when I was a kid. I grew up in Liverpool and all my friends' dads lost their jobs on the docks under Thatcher. It was an awful time."
    Nobody in UK has been arrested, charged, and jailed for insulting Margaret Thatcher, the other political figure that Amos Yee made fun of............

No big deal.....................

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    minority,
    Thanks for the link.
    Land of free speech jail somebody for speaking something? Mmm, it must be something spoken that is very serious isn't it?

Devin Carey case: 18-year-old released from jail after making shooting threat on Facebook

CINCINNATI - An 18-year-old who officials say used Facebook to make threats of a school shooting is free to go after he spent more than 20 days in jail.

Devin Carey of Springfield Township took to Facebook to respond to the tragic school shooting in Newtown, Conn., in December. "I'm so annoyed with dumb statuses about the Connecticut incident on my newsfeed that I think I could shoot a few kids myself," the 18-year-old posted on the social network following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, according to court documents.
    In court on Friday, Carey pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct after his original charge of inducing panic. Hamilton County Judge Ted Berry sentenced Carey to time served after he spent 29 days in jail.

Carey told Berry the post was meant to be a joke, but Berry urged Carey and other teens to not make light of such serious, tragic matters.

Now now, minority,
    Devin Carey threatened to "I think I could shoot a few kids myself," the 18-year-old posted on the social network following the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School!

Now, you provided a very strong supporting document to justify why that Jason Tan who make the following threatening words to Amos Yee that he want to cut his (Amos') dick and put it into his mouth should be arrested and charged in court isn't it?
    Now that land of free speech cannot even tolerate threats against living people and will jail him, even a 18 years old, for 20 days;
    how could Singapore which is not land of free speech with strict law tolerate anybody, especially a fully matured adult with great strength, to threaten a young boy and is free and let loose to carry out his threat????? May be he should be jailed at least 3x 20 days = 60 days for making that threat against Amos who is just a boy?
    Oh, and because he is a PAP grassroot leader and had received a long service award, that is even worst, giving PAP a bad name and setting bad example, and the sentence should be double again right?!

minority,

Last edited by teddybear; 22-04-15 at 01:06.

Why nobody report police about the old man reported here despite being put in that condition for years!??????? Why nobody make a big hoo-ha to save him from the miserable conditions???????

Don't you think there is something very sickening about some of those vocal minority Singaporeans? They care more about dead people than living people???? Or their purpose is to brown tongue and claim credits and benefits???????

Old man left in van for long hours as caregiver can't afford nursing home fees

By Samantha Boh & Chew Hui Min

NEARLY every day, Mr Lee Guan spends around six hours cooped up in the back of a van in a corner of a Jurong East carpark.
    The 61-year-old, who has a low IQ and struggles to communicate, sits tearing up newspapers and throwing the pieces into a bucket beside him.
    At times he gets into a foul mood and shouts, while banging against the doors in frustration, much to the alarm of passers-by.
    Some people have made complaints about the noise and the smell of urine coming from the vehicle, while others have voiced their concerns about his welfare.
    Mr Lee's van is owned by his brother-in-law, Mr Mah Ah Wah, 67, who sells noodles at the nearby wet market.
    Mr Mah, who is Singaporean, says he has no better way of looking after his relative - he cannot send him to a daycare centre because Mr Lee is a Malaysian and does not qualify for subsidies. Mr Lee was once offered a place in a centre which charged $700 a month, far too costly for Mr Mah, who earns $1,000 a month.
    But even now, an impending problem is already threatening to make things more difficult. The certificate of entitlement for Mr Mah's van expires in August next year. "I will think about it next year," he said. "If I keep worrying about everything, my hair will all turn white."
    Last edited by teddybear; 22-04-15 at 08:32.

They are all waiting for a super teddy to rescue them. I am sure he has the resources and is of age to truly make a difference.

Why nobody report police about the old man reported here despite being put in that condition for years!??????? Why nobody make a big hoo-ha to save him from the miserable conditions???????

Don't you think there is something very sickening about some of those vocal minority Singaporeans? They care more about dead people than living people????
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Don't you think there is something very sickening about some of those vocal minority Singaporeans? They care more about dead people than living people???? Or their purpose is to brown tongue and claim credits and benefits???????

WHY DONT YOU GO MAKE A POLICE REPORT THEN!!!!! TCSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT BULL SHIT YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! BASICALLY THIS GUY IS FROM MALAYSIA THEY COULD HAVE SEND HIM TO A HOME IN JB THE RELATIVE DONT WANT. ANYWAY U CAN GO MAKE A POLICE REPORT LEH!!!! WHY ARE YOU SITTING HERE !!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    They are all waiting for a super teddy to rescue them. I am sure he has the resources and is of age to truly make a difference.
    HE CAN ONLY TALK COCK LAH... THATS HIS EXPERTISE!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    Thanks for the link.

Now now, minority,

minority,
    Thank You. So he was in JAIL RIGHT???

AMOS YEE OFFERED BAIL . NO ONE WANT TO BAIL. WHOS FAULT????

SO MR TALK BIG. YOU STAND FOR FREE SPEECH RIGHT? HOW COME SOME ONE ELSE SAY SOMETHING CANNOT LEH??? WHY DOUBLE STANDARD??? COMMON MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!

NOT HAPPY U CAN GO MAKE POLICE REPORT GO GO!!!! WHY ARE U HIDING????

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    You obviously don't know the difference between politics and activism. How many there are members of political party?

On the other hand, take a look at ACRES, whose founder recently joined the PAP. Now that is political exercise and agenda for you.
    Obvious your agenda and you luv to tiwst and flip like PRATA MAN!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    On the other hand, in the land of free speech, it is Ok to make fun of death people.........

It is OK to make fun of in-term President, like here.....

or here................

And here is news about people in UK celebrating about death of Margaret Thatcher and cursing her (while her party, the Conservative Party, is currently in power and is the current government)...........

Look at the amount of hatred comments, sneering and even personal attack comics laid against Margaret Thatcher!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't need to look so far, just look at this about 1 year old news will do about Margaret Thatcher, headlined: "Margaret Thatcher's death greeted with street parties in Brixton and Glasgow".

Let me quote part of the article:

Nobody in UK has been arrested, charged, and jailed for insulting Margaret Thatcher, the other political figure that Amos Yee made fun of............

No big deal.....................

TALK COCK AGAIN!! AMOUS CHARGED FOR INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY!! DONT TWIST THAT SHIT TO WHAT INSULT GOVERNMENT OR PARTY. HOW COME THE HHH WOMAN NOT JAIL? SHE ALSO INSULTED LKY MANY TIME AT HLP??? WHY??? U GOT STONE FOR BRAIN!!! YOUR AGENDA IS SO CLEAR!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    Cut your crap and lies lah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real Christians thousands of them, who follows Jesus teaching to be magnanimous, who died for his followers, are petitioning for Amos Yee to be free! You can see their petition here at this URL...

I quote something written by them:

As Singaporeans, we are thankful for the laws of our land and trust in our courts. Our peace and freedoms in Singapore attest to that.

In regard to Amos Yee:
    We are not offended by Amos Yee's statements.
    His opinions about our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ neither threaten our faith nor diminish our love for Him.
    Please release Amos Yee.
    We forgive him and desire he have a full life of contribution to his community ahead of him.

A reminder to my Christian brothers and sisters:
    Those in our faith has a keen understanding for what it means to be on the wrong side of righteousness, we know we receive God's love through no merit of our own.

As ugly as Amos Yee's words were, we forgive because Jesus loved us despite our own fallen spiritual state.

We believe to forgiven is an extraordinary gift & we extend this gift to Amos Yee.

"For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!" Romans 5:10
    Basically, These Christian doesn't believe that Amos Yee should be arrested even though he made insults against Christians and Christianity. So they set up a petition page on Change.Org to called on the government of Singapore to release Amos Yee!

In fact, if you talk about insulting Christianity, we have 1 famous Sir Terry Pratchett who had insulted Christianity at much worst level but he wasn't arrested, charged, or jailed in UK..................

So who are the one wanting to charge Amos Yee and teach him a lesson??????? You and the brown tonguer who wanted to score points and those who file police report against a kid just doing some online rant???????

TALK COCK AGAIN!! AMOUS CHARGED FOR INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY!! DONT TWIST THAT SHIT TO WHAT INSULT GOVERNMENT OR PARTY. HOW COME THE HHH WOMAN NOT JAIL? SHE ALSO INSULTED LKY MANY TIME AT HLP??? WHY??? U GOT STONE FOR BRAIN!!! YOUR AGENDA IS SO CLEAR!

minority,
    again showing off that you are the 2-headed snake twisting and turning??????

Didn't you tell us that in US the land of free speech somebody got jailed (20 days) for making some threat to kill some boys (and provided us the link to the news)!!!!!!

Well well, so in Singapore the land of NO free speech and strict law and you are telling us that that Jason Tan, who is a PAP grassroot leader and with 10 years distinction award can make some threat to cut the dick of a boy (Amos Yee) and put it into his mouth without facing jail term? Didn't you say Singapore's law must be strict to get rid of these ulcers of our society?????

Why minority you so double standard? Why why why?
    Is it because Jason Tan is a PAP grassroot leader and/or he has 10 years distinction award and/or because he is curry-favouring the right back-side and/or what reasons??????

Thank You. So he was in JAIL RIGHT???

AMOS YEE OFFERED BAIL . NO ONE WANT TO BAIL. WHOS FAULT????

SO MR TALK BIG. YOU STAND FOR FREE SPEECH RIGHT? HOW COME SOME ONE ELSE SAY SOMETHING CANNOT LEH??? WHY DOUBLE STANDARD??? COMMON MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!

NOT HAPPY U CAN GO MAKE POLICE REPORT GO GO!!!! WHY ARE U HIDING????

Default Why a 3rd charge can be "stood down" and then brought up later?????

Scratching my head when I read the news here:
    URL: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...s/1833616.html
    on this statement regarding Amos Yee's law suit:

"A third charge, for his statements on Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, was "stood down". An Attorney General's Chambers spokesperson said the charge has not been dropped, but that the prosecution will deal with the first two charges for the upcoming trial with the third charge to be dealt with later."

To legal novice like me, I don't understand why the 3rd charge can be "stood down" if it is chargeable and can stick?
    Since it is related to first 2 charges, why the 3 charges did not go to court at same time to save the time of the Judge and defendents, and also the security personnels etc?!
    Is the AG signalling to us that they have no confidence to charge Amos on the 3rd charge or?
    Or when the first 2 charges don't stick, then they try again on 3rd charge?
    Isn't this a waste of people's time - including that of the Judge, the defendents, the security personnels bringing Amos around etc if the AG try to bring up the 3rd charge again after the first 2 charges failed to stick or for some other reason??????

May be the Law Ministry should stop and out-rule such practice by AG from happening again to prevent wasting the precious time of the Judge to hear another trial again just because AG decided to file the 3rd charge when they can do together with the first 2 charges BUT didn't?

TITLE: Verdict in blogger Amos Yee's trial due Tuesday

POSTED: 08 May 2015 13:35
    The teenager had on Thursday pleaded not guilty to the two charges of making offensive or wounding remarks against Christianity via his YouTube video and another of circulating obscene imagery.

SINGAPORE: Teenager Amos Yee on Friday (May 8) returned to court for the second day of hearing, after pleading not guilty to two charges on Thursday.

Yee's lawyers had requested for an adjournment on Thursday as they needed time to look through the evidence. Friday's hearing started at about 3pm. The 16-year-old turned up in court, shackled and in a white tee shirt and brown pants.

One of Yee's defence lawyers Ervin Tan sought to challenge the understanding of the word "obscene" in relation to the charge against Yee for circulating obscene imagery.

Another of his lawyers Alfred Dodwell was allowed to admit one more exhibit - a cautioned statement, that he said would "vindicate his client". While the prosecution initially challenged this, the judge allowed its submission, to applause from members of the public in court.

The trial wrapped at about 5pm, and the district judge is due to deliver her decision on Tuesday at 2.30pm.

According to a Channel NewsAsia reporter, more than 20 people were seen outside Court 7 as of 1.20pm Friday - more than an hour before the hearing was supposed to start.
    Violin dealer Koh Seow Tee, 82, had been queuing since noon to enter the courtroom. "I think it relates to freedom of speech and expression in Singapore," he said, when asked why he is queuing to hear the case.
    If convicted of making remarks wounding the feelings of Christians, Yee, who is being tried as an adult, faces up to three years’ jail, a fine, or both. For circulating obscene imagery, he could be jailed up to three months, fined, or punished with both.

A third charge, for his statements on Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, was "stood down". An Attorney General's Chambers spokesperson said the charge has not been dropped, but that the prosecution will deal with the first two charges for the upcoming trial with the third charge to be dealt with later.

Oh minority,
    Why the way you say it is like Amos was guilty of what you alleged of "INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY"
    and hence "DONT TWIST THAT SHIT TO WHAT INSULT GOVERNMENT OR PARTY"?

And by the way, minority,
    Do you know what is called "prejudicing the ongoing court proceedings" by your comments where you had pre-judged Amos to be guilty of "INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY"?

So minority,
    Please clarify: are you telling us that you had already CONCLUDED that Amos was guilty of "INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY"????

For your information, I refer you to the following news article:
    TITLE: AGC warns against public or online comments on Thaipusam incident

POSTED: 11 Feb 2015 14:33

Any public comments could have a real risk of prejudicing the ongoing court proceedings, the Attorney-General's Chambers says.

Oh minority,
    Why the way you say it is like Amos was guilty of what you alleged of "INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY"

Do you know what is called "prejudicing the ongoing court proceedings" by your comments where you had pre-judged Amos to be guilty of "INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY"?

So minority,
    Please clarify: are you telling us that you had already CONCLUDED that Amos was guilty of "INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY"????

GO MAKE A POLICE REPORT THEN!!!!!

BTW GO ASK THE PEOPLE THAT ARE OFFENDED AND MADE POLICE REPORT!!! DUMB ASS!!! ARE YOU BLIND OR U ARE HAVE NO SENSE OR MORAL??? YOU MEAN I ASK SOME PIG TO F! YOU IN THE ASS IS NOT INSULTING YOU? OK THEN I AM NOT ISULTING YOU. I AM JUST COMPLEMENTING YOU!

DONT BE STUPID AND TRYING TO ACT SMART THROW JUDICIAL JARGON I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED OR MORE LIKE TRYING TO LIE AGAIN.!!!!!

ANYWAY AMOS DESERVE WHAT EVER HE GET.!! HIDING BEING FREEDOM OF SPEECH? FREEDOM TO SPEAK DONT MEAN YOU CAN SPEAK WITHOUT RESPONSIBILITY. SO WANT TO SPEW HATE THEN TAKE WHAT EVERY SHIT THAT COME WITH IT!

SHAME ON ALL THE SDP AND ROY CLOWNS TRYING TO USE A KID TO SPIN BULLSHIT.

I CALL U BULL SHIT AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

NAH HERE U GO SOME ONE THAT IS INSULTED!!! GO EAT IT!

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/art...rrested-police

Hi All Singapore Stuff,

I am glad that the police have arrested Amos Yee and stopped him from causing any more harm to religious groups in Singapore. I was one of the people who made police reports against Amos Yee for insulting our Lord Jesus.

According to Section 298 and 298A of the Penal Code, it reads : "Whoever with deliberate intention of wounding the religious or racial feelings of any person... shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both." In the past, the Singapore government already showed that it will not tolerate anybody who causes trouble between religious groups.

In 2005 they jailed 2 bloggers, Benjamin Koh and Nicholas Lim, for using vulgarities to insult Muslims in Singapore. Benjamin insulted Malays because he was angry that taxi drivers did not allow uncaged dogs in their vehicles as it would offend Muslims. Nicholas encouraged other people to destroy or vandalise the sacred Islamic holy site, Mecca.

Although Amos is young, the law very clearly states that he will not be allowed to make insensitive remarks about Catholicism, or any other religions at all. Today he insulted Lord Jesus, tomorrow he could insult the Prophet Muhammad.

Even his own parents cannot stop him from saying these insensitive things. If he were my son, I would be so ashamed and feel I have failed as a parent. I hope he learns a lesson from this whole matter and seeks forgiveness from God or his own religion.

JY

- More

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

I personally agree with SG gov on this. Its so easy for terrorist/fundamentalist to influence our kids through the internet. In fact this is their favorite method of recruitment. This kid only goes as far as making offensive remark. But other kid can be driven to carry terrorist act. I am sure right now there are many of our kids innocently surfing the web are being brain washed with radicalism. Let the law be clear regardless how young is the boy. Because once the radicalism poisoned our youngs, its extremely difficult to un-radicalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    I personally agree with SG gov on this. Its so easy for terrorist/fundamentalist to influence our kids through the internet. In fact this is their favorite method of recruitment. This kid only goes as far as making offensive remark. But other kid can be driven to carry terrorist act. I am sure right now there are many of our kids innocently surfing the web are being brain washed with radicalism. Let the law be clear regardless how young is the boy. Because once the radicalism poisoned our youngs, its extremely difficult to un-radicalised.
    Then you are barking up the wrong tree. The law does nothing to stamp out the root cause of radicalism or extremism. In fact disproportionate punishment can only fuel radicalism and extremism. Anyway this case isn't about radicalism. It is about silencing and punishing those critical of the old man.

Melbourne teen arrested over alleged 'Mother's Day massacre'
    John Silvester -May 9, 2015

Police believe they have thwarted a Mother's Day massacre with the arrest of a 17-year-old boy at his family's home in Melbourne's north.
    It is understood police seized three pipe bombs from the boy's bedroom.
    They were taken to a local park and detonated by the Victoria Police Bomb Squad. A computer and other material were also seized.
    Police conducted Friday's raid at the Greenvale family home after learning an attack was allegedly planned for Sunday.
    The exact target was unknown, but on Thursday, Australian Federal Police and Victoria Police decided to enter the "arrest phase" because of the "imminent danger" to the public.
    "This matter has been subject to an intense investigation, especially over the last nine days. On Thursday afternoon an agreement was reached that we would resolve this matter with direct action," said Victoria Police Acting Deputy Commissioner Robert Hill.
    Crude pipe bombs are designed to explode in a ball of shrapnel creating maximum damage in crowded areas.
    "They were very rudimentary but that doesn't really matter because at the end of the day and explosion is an explosion," Australian Federal Police Deputy Commissioner Mike Phelan said.
    Police don't know if there were three Mother's Day targets, one selected location, or if some of the bombs were to be used against emergency service responders.
    Deputy Commissioner Mike Phelan said, "The number one priority is always community safety so if it means we have to act early to save people's lives that's indeed what we are going to do."
    Authorities said there was no evidence the plan was linked to last month's alleged Anzac Day terror plot, and declined to comment on whether the teenager acted alone.
    Police are now investigating friends and associates of the teenager, as it is considered unlikely he was acting alone.
    Counter terrorism police around Australia have now adopted a policy of moving quickly rather than waiting to identify all suspects in any potential plot.
    In the recent arrest of Melbourne teenagers over a plot to attack police on Anzac Day, raids were brought forward to thwart any possible change of date by the suspects.
    The 17-year-old Greenvale boy, who cannot be named, is believed to have been radicalised quickly, having recently dropped out of school and spent increasing amounts of time in his bedroom on the internet.
    A computer and other material were also seized from the Greenvale home.
    His parents are believed to have been concerned, but unaware of the extent of his withdrawal.
    Mr Hill said the suspect was from a "caring and loving family."
    When heavily armed police raided the house the boy chose not to surrender but attempted to fight his way to freedom. He was quickly overwhelmed.
    He has been charged with two terror related offences and has been remanded to face court on Monday.
    Mr Phelan said the arrest was a "sobering reminder" to all parents of the importance of being more engaged with their children.
    "It is deeply troubling to police that young people in our community are becoming so disaffected and alienated that they would consider engaging in acts such as this, " he told reporters on Saturday.
    Authorities said Operation Amberd began with a report to the National Security Hotline.
    "Information from the community and working with the community is important. It is usually the families and friends that are the first to know have indicators of this kind of activity," Mr Phelan said.
    Premier Daniel Andrews has been regularly briefed about counter-terrorism in recent weeks, including on Friday night in the wake of the Greenvale raid. 
    Tuesday's state budget provided $25 million to set up a special government taskforce, enlist young role models to engage with marginalised young people, and fund programs to tackle the complex issue.
    But Mr Andrews conceded that the funding "comes with a recognition that we don't truly understand what's driving young people to become disconnected from their family, their faith ... and all the values that we say define us."
    "The Victorian government's highest priority is the safety of the community. This was a very serious operation. Yesterday's operation, following an intense and methodical investigation, has kept Victorians safe," he said.
    In response to the raid, Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Australia still faced a very serious terrorism threat.
    "The tragic truth is that there are people among us – not very many, it's true – but there are some people among us who would do us harm," he told reporters in Darwin. 
    But he urged Australians to keep going about their daily business and living their lives normally.
    The 17-year-old boy is due to face the Childrens' Court on Monday.
    Police said any decision to have the boy tried as an adult would be made by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions.
    In NSW, the Joint Counter Terrorism Team confirmed that officers attended locations in Sydney on Friday, however, they said no arrests were made and there will be no further comment on that activity.
    with Chris Vedelago

minority,
    So from your below post, you confirmed that YOU HAD CONCLUDED that Amos Yee is "INSULTING CHRISTIANITY AND BREACHING LAW OF RELIGIOUS HARMONY"!!!!

Wow! And that is before the Judge in Court had even made a judgement!!!! Court's Judgement will only be out next week!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it clear now that minority (you) are prejudicing the court proceedings?!

And you are threatening us to go make a police report about you prejudicing the court proceedings about Amos Yee's court case?
    Why you so daring?
    Because you are a PAP member and hence a strong PAP flag bearer or because of what??????

So you believe that like PAP member Jason Neo (who make insulting comments against muslims), you would not be charged for anything for prejudicing court proceedings?????????????

GO MAKE A POLICE REPORT THEN!!!!!

BTW GO ASK THE PEOPLE THAT ARE OFFENDED AND MADE POLICE REPORT!!! DUMB ASS!!! ARE YOU BLIND OR U ARE HAVE NO SENSE OR MORAL??? YOU MEAN I ASK SOME PIG TO F! YOU IN THE ASS IS NOT INSULTING YOU? OK THEN I AM NOT ISULTING YOU. I AM JUST COMPLEMENTING YOU!

DONT BE STUPID AND TRYING TO ACT SMART THROW JUDICIAL JARGON I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED OR MORE LIKE TRYING TO LIE AGAIN.!!!!!

ANYWAY AMOS DESERVE WHAT EVER HE GET.!! HIDING BEING FREEDOM OF SPEECH? FREEDOM TO SPEAK DONT MEAN YOU CAN SPEAK WITHOUT RESPONSIBILITY. SO WANT TO SPEW HATE THEN TAKE WHAT EVERY SHIT THAT COME WITH IT!

SHAME ON ALL THE SDP AND ROY CLOWNS TRYING TO USE A KID TO SPIN BULLSHIT.

I CALL U BULL SHIT AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    Oh minority,

So minority,

minority,

We know you are a big liar!

Don't need to twist and turn again, AND conveniently ignore below facts which reflect badly on you and who-ever out there trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.........................

Despite of what you said, How about these below cases:

(1) this PAP grassroot leader 'Cookie Tan' aka Jason Tan quoted here: who threatened to cut his (Amos Yee's) dick and put it in his mouth?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...l=1#post505135

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...l=1#post505178

So, you are telling us that this PAP grassroot leader Jason Tan with 10 years service award from PAP association is not guilty of anything?????
    Thought somebody reported police? what is the progress of the investigation???????

(2) What about this Amy Cheong racist rant online on Malays?
    You can see the link here:
    http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015...x-ypap-member/
    "Another case in 2013 involved former NTUC assistant director of membership, Amy Cheong, who was an Australian citizen and a Singapore permanent resident.

Ms Cheong had posted a racist rant online where she disparaged Malays for what she perceived to be their low-cost and lengthy void-deck weddings, and also mocked their divorce rate.

She was eventually issued a “stern warning” by the authorities.

Ms Cheong has since returned to Australia.
    "

(3) Police queried on 4-year old case involving ex-YPAP member (Jason Neo).
    You can see the link here:
    http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015...x-ypap-member/

It was quoted: "Mr Neo had posted online a photo he had taken of a school bus with Malay children from Huda Kindergarten, in Woodlands. The children were dressed in their uniform which includes traditional Malay headwear.
    Mr Neo captioned the photo: “Bus filled with young terrorist trainees?”

His post went viral and caused a huge uproar of protests from many Singaporeans and members of the public."

The above made a big hoo-hay in the muslim community, BUT so far we did not see thousands of muslims petitioning that we should forgive Jason Neo. Still, it has been 4 years since, and is the Police still investigating?

Are you telling us that insulting Muslims like what this PAP member Jason Neo is OK or will take many more years to investigate, but insulting Christians like what Amos Yee did will be very speedily investigated, charged, remanded with strict bail conditions, and hurled to court within weeks?
    Basically I don't understand at all!
    May be you can explain why is this so???????

What a coincidence that both PAP members are called "Jason"?!

minority, is your name "Jason" as well?

And minority, are you a PAP member or employed by PAP-related organization?????

And for those a few Christians who are making loud noise to deal with Amos Yee, there are many more thousands of Christians who had petition to release Amos Yee, see links here:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...l=1#post505037

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...l=1#post505204

So, the majority votes should win right?!

NAH HERE U GO SOME ONE THAT IS INSULTED!!! GO EAT IT!

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/art...rrested-police

Hi All Singapore Stuff,

I am glad that the police have arrested Amos Yee and stopped him from causing any more harm to religious groups in Singapore. I was one of the people who made police reports against Amos Yee for insulting our Lord Jesus.

According to Section 298 and 298A of the Penal Code, it reads : "Whoever with deliberate intention of wounding the religious or racial feelings of any person... shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both." In the past, the Singapore government already showed that it will not tolerate anybody who causes trouble between religious groups.

In 2005 they jailed 2 bloggers, Benjamin Koh and Nicholas Lim, for using vulgarities to insult Muslims in Singapore. Benjamin insulted Malays because he was angry that taxi drivers did not allow uncaged dogs in their vehicles as it would offend Muslims. Nicholas encouraged other people to destroy or vandalise the sacred Islamic holy site, Mecca.

Although Amos is young, the law very clearly states that he will not be allowed to make insensitive remarks about Catholicism, or any other religions at all. Today he insulted Lord Jesus, tomorrow he could insult the Prophet Muhammad.

Even his own parents cannot stop him from saying these insensitive things. If he were my son, I would be so ashamed and feel I have failed as a parent. I hope he learns a lesson from this whole matter and seeks forgiveness from God or his own religion.

JY

- More
    Last edited by teddybear; 10-05-15 at 00:41.

U don't treat a plague and common cold the same way.

"offensive remark"?
    "offensive" to who?
    While some say he made "offensive remark", others say it is fair comment, or it is no big deal in almost all other genuine democratic countries ...................
    So, in such case, if it is not a crime that is cast in stone, and it is not a crime in many other democratic countries, why make a mountain out of a molehill and in the process wasting tax-payers money, wasting the time of judges, police, and security personnel?????

A good litmus test for fair comparison will be: Is it a crime in most other developed democratic countries?

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post

"offensive remark"?
    "offensive" to who?
    While some say he made "offensive remark", others say it is fair comment, or it is no big deal in almost all other genuine democratic countries ...................
    So, in such case, if it is not a crime that is cast in stone, and it is not a crime in many other democratic countries, why make a mountain out of a molehill and in the process wasting tax-payers money, wasting the time of judges, police, and security personnel?????

A good litmus test for fair comparison will be: Is it a crime in most other developed democratic countries?
    It will cost more to monitor fundamentalist and radicals activities than to deter it in the first place.

"offensive remark"?
    "offensive" to who?

It's not a crime in USA to own guns to smoke cannabis to insult prophet Mohd or to lobby the government with multi million campaign money.

Should all developed countries do the same? If not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenlim View Post
    It's not a crime in USA to own guns to smoke cannabis to insult prophet Mohd or to lobby the government with multi million campaign money.

Should all developed countries do the same? If not why not?
    Your the other half will ask why yes? You to decide 'yes' and 'no'