Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alkaline Water

Default Alkaline Water

Any views to share. My friend had bought " a set of the filter" costing $2000+. She was told that it can prevent constipation and de-toxic etc etc. it has two type of water, alkaline and acidic. Acidic water cannot drink but it can use to wash face and bath because it is very clean and it will help to improve our skin.

Another victim of hard sell tactics? Pretend come to ur hse do demo and then once inside, keep hard selling and wun leave until buy something from him. Seems to be prevalent these few days. Guess February mth end is up and got quota to meet. Can report police in this case or at least use the lemon law? Thot got consumer law protect us like say if Kenna hard sell tactics, can return merchandise for full refund within 7 or 30 days?

Once the alkaline water reach the stomach, it will turn acidic if I'm not wrong. Our stomach acid is very strong : )

Unless there is some way to bypass the stomach acid? Inject directly to small intestine?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Another victim of hard sell tactics? Pretend come to ur hse do demo and then once inside, keep hard selling and wun leave until buy something from him. Seems to be prevalent these few days. Guess February mth end is up and got quota to meet. Can report police in this case or at least use the lemon law? Thot got consumer law protect us like say if Kenna hard sell tactics, can return merchandise for full refund within 7 or 30 days?
    My friend saw it at the road show. The brand that she bought has advertised on the TV by one of the celebrity. I searched the website, seems not bad with some users' interviews. Wonder anybody here ever use the alkaline Ionizer filter.
    Last edited by irisng; 01-03-15 at 20:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Once the alkaline water reach the stomach, it will turn acidic if I'm not wrong. Our stomach acid is very strong : )

Unless there is some way to bypass the stomach acid? Inject directly to small intestine?
    I think it is to balance up the acid. Too much acid in our body no good leh.

I drink bottled alkaline water when I get acid reflux symptoms. It does help in relieving the burning throat sensation. Can get the 600ml bottle for $1 at fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    I think it is to balance up the acid. Too much acid in our body no good leh.
    For some people, it can impede the function of stomach acid which is for proper digestion of food...

It is very unlikely by drinking "alkaline" water which need to pass through the stomach first can reduce the "acidity" of the blood stream.

And be extra wary when they say drinking alkaline water can prevent cancer because people with cancer have slightly acidic blood.

That time I was reading up on alkaline water, yes it may be true cancer patient have slightly acidic blood but that is the effect of the condition and not the cause.

Happy researching : )

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Thanks.

My friend bought this brand.
    http://www.watersource.com.sg/waters...lkaline-water/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0Njd4rXTERc

"Alkaline water is not the same as Alkaline Ionizer water"
    http://www.alkalinewaterionizers.org...ater-benefits/

From Facebook.

Dear house owner ,
    Ever wonder what's in your water? Hydroflux stepping in to help! Free installation , Free system! Only cost is maintenance of filters.
    It's a residential water and health project going!
    Contact 6547 4428 for a Free water testing and demo!
    Providing Alkaline and antioxidant water , removal of free radicals , rust and dirt and chlorine.
    Please drop a SMS to (8270 9489) if (6547 4428) no response, will get back as soon as possible!
    have a nice day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

From Facebook.

Dear house owner ,
    Ever wonder what's in your water? Hydroflux stepping in to help! Free installation , Free system! Only cost is maintenance of filters.
    It's a residential water and health project going!
    Contact 6547 4428 for a Free water testing and demo!
    Providing Alkaline and antioxidant water , removal of free radicals , rust and dirt and chlorine.
    Please drop a SMS to (8270 9489) if (6547 4428) no response, will get back as soon as possible!
    have a nice day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    As it concerns about our health issue, it is better not to install from any unknown source, that is my

It is so coincidence. Last Sunday, I went to my sister-in-law's house, only then realise that her water filter system is this brand. I tried the water, first cup water tasted like orange smell (cup has no smell), then I changed to another cup (cup no smell), this time, the water tasted like "detergent", so I asked my spouse to try and he agreed with me, but my sister-in-law says no, no smell at all, just like normal water. Is it our taste buds have so problem????

Now I am choosing between Elken (normal water filter with hot and warm water) and Watersource (alkaline ionizers). Any suggestions? If drink too much alkaline water, don't know whether will it have any side effects after many years?
    Last edited by irisng; 19-03-15 at 08:56.

No matter how smart, healthy, wealthy, etc at the end of the day you are going to be 6 ft underground.

Enjoy what you have and live life like as if today is the last day of your life and you will be ok.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I think forget about all those alkaline water, filtered water etc, boiled cooled water is the safest! Time tested for centuries...................

It is so coincidence. Last Sunday, I went to my sister-in-law's house, only then realise that her water filter system is this brand. I tried the water, first cup water tasted like orange smell (cup has no smell), then I changed to another cup (cup no smell), this time, the water tasted like "detergent", so I asked my spouse to try and he agreed with me, but my sister-in-law says no, no smell at all, just like normal water. Is it our taste buds have so problem????

Now I am choosing between Elken (normal water filter with hot and warm water) and Watersource (alkaline ionizers). Any suggestions? If drink too much alkaline water, don't know whether will it have any side effects after many years?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    I think forget about all those alkaline water, filtered water etc, boiled cooled water is the safest! Time tested for centuries...................
    Reason why I suddenly think of alkaline water is because recently I have lots of acid in my body, sometimes I can feel that there is some form of gas on my throat and occasionally feel a tighten feeling on my chest that makes me difficult to breath and swallow my food. I went to consult the doctor, he prescribed the medicine for me to neutralize my acid but after a few days, this feeling came back again. So I thought will it be better if I drink alkaline water to help me to neutralise my body acid rather than keep taking medicine.

Reason why I suddenly think of alkaline water is because recently I have lots of acid in my body, sometimes I can feel that there is some form of gas on my throat and occasionally feel a tighten feeling on my chest that makes me difficult to breath and swallow my food. I went to consult the doctor, he prescribed the medicine for me to neutralize my acid but after a few days, this feeling came back again. So I thought will it be better if I drink alkaline water to help me to neutralise my body acid rather than keep taking medicine.
    how about eating less acidic food and eating more alkaline food?

how about eating less acidic food and eating more alkaline food?
    I did try but few days later, the feel of the acid came back again especially when I eat pork, that type of sour feeling is terrible.

I did try but few days later, the feel of the acid came back again especially when I eat pork, that type of sour feeling is terrible.
    what are the acidic foods and the alkaline foods? maybe i should go on alkaline diet also...

what are the acidic foods and the alkaline foods? maybe i should go on alkaline diet also...

Alkaline & acidic.jpg

And I saw from one of the articles, eat your fruits before meal and not after your meal.
    Last edited by irisng; 21-03-15 at 09:10.

Hi Iris

try some of these as recommended from these video

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...id+reflux+fast

drinking alkaline water is not going to help

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Hi Iris

try some of these as recommended from these video

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...id+reflux+fast

drinking alkaline water is not going to help
    Thank you. After knowing about the alkaline water filter machine, I tried an experiment by using a clean cloth filter and tied on the tap, the next day, the cloth turn yellow, though Singapore water is considered very clean and drinkable (from tap) as compared to most of the countries. So now my purpose of buying an alkaline water machine is not just for alkaline water alone but also for cleaner water. The machine has alkaline, acid and filter water function.

Thank you. After knowing about the alkaline water filter machine, I tried an experiment by using a clean cloth filter and tied on the tap, the next day, the cloth turn yellow, though Singapore water is considered very clean and drinkable (from tap) as compared to most of the countries. So now my purpose of buying an alkaline water machine is not just for alkaline water alone but also for cleaner water. The machine has alkaline, acid and filter water function.
    Lup sup jiak, lup sup dua?

Lup sup jiak, lup sup dua?
    讲是这样讲。If we don't see it, we will just eat/drink but if we know that the food/drink is dirty, psychological effect, we will try to avoid it. For example, if we go outside and have our dinner, we didn't see how the hawker or restaurant wash their vegetables etc, it is not so "detail" as compared to our home washing but we still eat. There was once I went to the seafood centre with a group of my friends to have dinner, my friend saw a worm inside the vegetable, she got the waitress to change it but who knows, the waitress/chef might just take out the worm and throw away and gave us the same plate of vegetables, we knew this might happen but we still eat the so-called "change" vegetable because we never see it.

讲是这样讲。If we don't see it, we will just eat/drink but if we know that the food/drink is dirty, psychological effect, we will try to avoid it. For example, if we go outside and have our dinner, we didn't see how the hawker or restaurant wash their vegetables etc, it is not so "detail" as compared to our home washing but we still eat. There was once I went to the seafood centre with a group of my friends to have dinner, my friend saw a worm inside the vegetable, she got the waitress to change it but who knows, the waitress/chef might just take out the worm and throw away and gave us the same plate of vegetables, we knew this might happen but we still eat the so-called "change" vegetable because we never see it.
    True. But jus an observation, I noticed that the less hygienic in terms of A B C rating, the better and the more delicious the food taste. Maybe the chef/hawker is too busy/focused on his work that some things take a second seat. Same applies to healthy level. Less healthy food taste better and more delicious. This is jus IMHO.

True. But jus an observation, I noticed that the less hygienic in terms of A B C rating, the better and the more delicious the food taste. Maybe the chef/hawker is too busy/focused on his work that some things take a second seat. Same applies to healthy level. Less healthy food taste better and more delicious. This is jus IMHO.
    Yup, I also think that, less healthy food taste better, but less healthy food and less hygienic is two different things. I don't go for a healthy food, just eat what I like especially lots of junk food but not for an unhygienic food. It might upset a person's stomach or get food poison.

Yup, I also think that, less healthy food taste better, but less healthy food and less hygienic is two different things. I don't go for a healthy food, just eat what I like especially lots of junk food but not for an unhygienic food. It might upset a person's stomach or get food poison.
    have you found your remedy among the video ?

I have found mine

Fresh milk

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    have you found your remedy among the video ?

I have found mine

Fresh milk
    Now I have been trying to eat more seaweed.

Now I have been trying to eat more seaweed.
    Raisins have high alkaline level.

Raisins have high alkaline level.

Raisins are acidic in composition, but they rarely cause enough acid production to harm a person who experiences occasional heartburn. They are certainly less offensive to the body than some prescription and over the counter treatments for heartburn. While they may not work in every case, heartburn and raisins can enjoy a symbiotic relationship if given enough time.

Heartburn is often cause by food that is slow to digest in the stomach. Foods that are oily or high in fat sit in the stomach much longer than low-fat foods. While these foods remain in the stomach, acids are constantly produced and pumped into the stomach to aid in digestion. As fatty foods are digested, gas is released. This gas causes pressure and promoted heartburn by forcing all of those acids into the esophagus.

Raisins are acidic have an interesting affect on the stomach: when foods enter the stomach and digestion slows, raisins can help create an environment that helps the food to digest and pass through the stomach quickly. This makes them one of the possible heartburn remedies that you can eat with your food. Instead of aggravating the stomach and causing the over-production of stomach acids, raisins pitch in to help the stomach digest foods with less acid production. Less time in the stomach also means less pressure from gas.

By eating raisins on a regular basis, a person can actually experience less heartburn from consuming fatty foods. While the stomach is hard at work producing acids to digest these foods, the raising are in the mix and releasing extra acids to also digest the food.

Raisins are an acidic food – a type of food that helps to restore the natural acids in the stomach. However, people who have chronic acid problems have plenty of these acids and should avoid acidic fruits in most cases. Citrus fruits are also acidic and rank pretty high on the “do not eat” list for people with chronic acid reflux.

Raisins on an empty stomach might cause heartburn or nausea in some people, too. This is because raisins are acidic and stomach acids always have some kind of reaction to other acids that are consumed. This is why raisin bread and raisin oatmeal are better ways to eat raisin if you have an acid reflux condition.

http://www.heartburnheadquarters.com...r-acid-reflux/