Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore election 2015

For GRC, performance is evaluated as a team, no matter which party wins. It is fair.

If a party wants to take a lousy member, she is doing that at her own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    There was already MRT and Hawker centres in Aljunied BEFORE WP TOOK OVER ...

Unfortunately you cannot VOTE for 1 single individual ...

your vote for the party ... and in that party ... even if there is 1 useless ...do nothing MP ... you also indirectly voted him in ...

it is so convenient to say ... if he doesnt work i wont vote for him ... YOU SIMPLY CANT ...its a GRC ..

Love me Love my dog ...

so you vote for the party you like ... including the Dog who doesnt perform

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    Yes, yes, the best example of democracy is Taiwan.
    Watching parliament debate will be more entertaining with cat fights slapping hair pulling ha ha. Like reality TV.

The power of democracy

The analogy is only to show that there may be democracy even if there is no opposition wins the GE.

In a family, the naughty kids will normally be published or prejudiced openly. But I do not think pap will do
    The same thing to her people openly.

Both pap and opposition will promise something to entice voters. There is nothing very wrong only if the promise can be kept without sacrificing the nation's long term benefit.

No party has the duty to help her oppositions to grow or to keep the promise. So, each party just promise the things within her reach.

do you think WP can go ahead and upgrade the older HDB in their ward ?

cannot right ?

only HDB has that mandate ... so PAP uses this as a carrot / threat

Assume there is no PAP. Assume WP, NSP, RP, SDP, SingFirst, SPP, SDA and PPP win all the seats in this election.

Which ward do you think will get their old HDB upgrade first?

Carrots and threats are part and parcel of campaign activities. Which party is not doing that?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But what you said can't be true because firstly, their own people are still using that piece of asset! So facts tell us that it can't be worthless!

Secondly, if the "assets" offered to another party whom they deprived from using, they can still sell for 10x or much more than what they sold to their associates/friends!

Given the above, the CEO deprived their shareholders of getting a fair value for the "assets" and intentionally sold it to his friends/associates at super low price?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Master Bear it is not an offence if the CEO can predict the company worth nothing overnight and the prediction come true.

You can try that in a genuine democratic country like UK?

Ha ha ha! The party will be voted out in NO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Assume there is no PAP. Assume WP, NSP, RP, SDP, SingFirst, SPP, SDA and PPP win all the seats in this election.

Carrots and threats are part and parcel of campaign activities. Which party is not doing that?

your assumption is extreme ...

the party with the most seats will most likely have a stronger say in which ward to be upgraded first..

as it is now, PAP controls HDB, and uses that in election is "unfair" ... since they are SO confident of themselves, no need to use such tactics right ?

My assumption may be extreme, but not impossible, if everybody votes for one party (be it balancing votes or sympathy votes) in anticipation of a majority voting for the other party. It's better for one to vote based on what one believes in, and not what one thinks what others will vote.

Glad we see eye to eye on ur second line.

Since PAP is SO confident of themselves, and they use this "unfair" HDB tactic in election, let's vote them out. Agree?

My assumption may be extreme, but not impossible, if everybody votes for one party (be it balancing votes or sympathy votes) in anticipation of a majority voting for the other party. It's better for one to vote based on what one believes in, and not what one thinks what others will vote.

Glad we see eye to eye on ur second line.

Since PAP is SO confident of themselves, and they use this "unfair" HDB tactic in election, let's vote them out. Agree?

ok agree

as a ruling party ... one should do more for the opposition wards to win them over and not use such tactics

your child that is rebellious or less obedient, you should spend more time to understand why he HATES you .. and still LOVE him the same ... right ?

There was already MRT and Hawker centres in Aljunied BEFORE WP TOOK OVER ...

Unfortunately you cannot VOTE for 1 single individual ...

your vote for the party ... and in that party ... even if there is 1 useless ...do nothing MP ... you also indirectly voted him in ...

it is so convenient to say ... if he doesnt work i wont vote for him ... YOU SIMPLY CANT ...its a GRC ..

Love me Love my dog ...

so you vote for the party you like ... including the Dog who doesnt perform
    I was not referring to Aljunied. I was referring to Teo Ser Luck as reported few days ago.

PAP candidate for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC Teo Ser Luck openly threatened his residents that if he is not voted in, there will be no new bus interchange, after-school care centres, elderly care centres and hawker centres.
    Speaking in Hokkien, Teo Ser Luck said "liu lian bo bao jiak", which means no free durians.

Another Minister or Minister of State also mentioned about getting a hawker centre and the train stn to the ward if voted in. Could not find the article for you to read. Please find it yourself in alternative media if the main stream media did not report.

Lots of people take things for granted, forgotten what our government has done so much for Singapore, if not for the effort of government, we will not be what we are today, though there are still some unfortunate ones around but some of the cases, government is not aware of it, it need citizens to help to highlight. To highlight doesn't mean need lots of opposition parties in the Parliament to create argument and blaming the other party, if this is the case, will it turn out to be like Taiwan.

One of our MP pointed out that we are lucky to have separated from Malaysia, if not, we are now Malaysian already. My Malaysia sister-in-law was actually quite angry with this phrase because she said why, "Malaysian very disgracefully meh?". Actually I think what our MP is trying to derive is, government is important, without a good government, the country will be in a mess, just like Malaysia now. He is not looking now on Malaysian or another other foreigners. He is just happy that he is a Singaporean, so do I.

Opposition attacking at the MRT and foreigners. If opposition take over, can they guarantee that the MRT will function well and won't breakdown and will they chase the foreigners away because Singapore is over-populated?

Lots of things need improvement for current government, and transparency and accountability is top most of them.
    No transparency breeds non-accountability, and when things happen, we non-the-wiser.

Think AIM,
    think PAP Town Council almost $20 Million losses investing their residents' conservation fees in risky assets, who has stand out to bear responsibility?
    Still expect their residents to bear their investment losses?

I can't believe it that Town Council Chairmen can invest people's money in risky equity-linked assets!
    This is like an MCST, you think the MCST Chairman can invest MCST money in risky assets (equity-linked) (regardless of make or loss money)?
    If non-professional volunteers know how to avoid equity-linked investments of their estate money, how to expect a Town Council Chairman who don't?
    What's more, it has recently been exposed that a TC Chairman does not even know how to read Financial Statements! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Lots of people take things for granted, forgotten what our government has done so much for Singapore, if not for the effort of government, we will not be what we are today, though there are still some unfortunate ones around but some of the cases, government is not aware of it, it need citizens to help to highlight. To highlight doesn't mean need lots of opposition parties in the Parliament to create argument and blaming the other party, if this is the case, will it turn out to be like Taiwan.

One of our MP pointed out that we are lucky to have separated from Malaysia, if not, we are now Malaysian already. My Malaysia sister-in-law was actually quite angry with this phrase because she said why, "Malaysian very disgracefully meh?". Actually I think what our MP is trying to derive is, government is important, without a good government, the country will be in a mess, just like Malaysia now. He is not looking now on Malaysian or another other foreigners. He is just happy that he is a Singaporean, so do I.

Opposition attacking at the MRT and foreigners. If opposition take over, can they guarantee that the MRT will function well and won't breakdown and will they chase the foreigners away because Singapore is over-populated?

do you think WP can go ahead and upgrade the older HDB in their ward ?

cannot right ?

only HDB has that mandate ... so PAP uses this as a carrot / threat
    promising HDB upgrading in GE is history. As far as I know, it disappeared even before GE2011,
    and I do notice some upgrading work in Aljunied after GE2011.

HDB resources are limited, that's why not every old HDB estates get upgraded. The upgrading decision depends on
    many factors. Of course, the MP's effort and influence is also important.

The HDB idea is proposed by PAP, and it is PAP who has made it come true. Obviously, it is a kind of resources PAP
    has built up to gain people's trust. Therefore, it is no surprise that MPs of PAP is more influential in HDB decisions and have advantages to get the upgrading opportunity for people.

Any other parties who want to be strong should build up her own resources too. At that time, they can boast big big.
    I do not think at that time, they will use their resources to support PAP, especially during the GE campaign period.

In that case, HDB should seek permission from us, because their land to build HDB flats all comes from landlords like us, taken from us under "Compulsory Land Acquisition Act" at a pittance (and significantly below market rate).............

We made great sacrifices and contributed our land that leads to the prosperity and availability of land to build HDB flats, so that >80% of Singaporeans have HDB flats to live, not just the contributions of PAP!

promising HDB upgrading in GE is history. As far as I know, it disappeared even before GE2011,
    and I do notice some upgrading work in Aljunied after GE2011.

HDB resources are limited, that's why not every old HDB estates get upgraded. The upgrading decision depends on
    many factors. Of course, the MP's effort and influence is also important.

The HDB idea is proposed by PAP, and it is PAP who has made it come true. Obviously, it is a kind of resources PAP
    has built up to gain people's trust. Therefore, it is no surprise that MPs of PAP is more influential in HDB decisions and have advantages to get the upgrading opportunity for people.

Any other parties who want to be strong should build up her own resources too. At that time, they can boast big big.
    I do not think at that time, they will use their resources to support PAP, especially during the GE campaign period.

What I am afraid is the when opposition gets in the parliament, debating on the same issue over and over again with the ruling party leaving Singapore & Singaporean in a dilemma. This could be quite unproductive. I don't think current policies set by PAP is really that bad but are we confident with new opposition parties populist proposal? Can it works for us ? What happened it doesn't? Do we want to take that risk? Have we think through enough? It's easy to set something people like most and can it last ? Are we really that bad state now that we want more and more ? Bare in mind we have no natural resources. Can we ask more ? I think good policies is one that for people who wants and try to help themselves and helps people who can't help themselves.

No one says it is just the contributions of PAP.
    but no one can deny that PAP is a contributor either.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    In that case, HDB should seek permission from us, because their land to build HDB flats all comes from landlords like us, taken from us under "Compulsory Land Acquisition Act" at a pittance (and significantly below market rate).............

We made great sacrifices and contributed our land that leads to the prosperity and availability of land to build HDB flats, so that >80% of Singaporeans have HDB flats to live, not just the contributions of PAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Parliament is a serious place where laws and policies are made that affect our future and our lives. Members of Parliament are there for that purpose and not to fix your light bulbs. Our British styled Parliamentary system works only if there is at least two strong parties.
    yes the british debate is interesting.. but the economy is not impressive.. the country is not very well run.. there are lots of issue

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post

I agree with you...
    Say Taiwan, when I first visited Taiwan in 96, the country was doing very well.. The Taiwanese especially the taxi drivers were very stuck up and look down on foreigners.

June holiday, we went to Taiwan for 1 week holiday, the service industry, taxi drivers are so polite (just like Japanese) and nice. I must say, Singapore service industry has a long way to learn from Taiwan.

Whey the attitude change in 20 years? You might have guess that Taiwan economy is not doing very well. Fresh grads starting pay is lower than our Poly Technic grads. A country in my opinion is not very well run at this moment. So the Taiwanese are now much more humble. I would go Taiwan for another holiday as I feel so welcome.

The title of this thread actually should be renamed to “What happens to Singapore property prices after GE 2015”.

My opinion is that every Singaporean has a vote, just vote with your heart and mind who you think best represents your interests.

No point debating here in this forum who to vote for as everybody has their own opinion, but rather how is the future property outlook and prices after GE 2015.

all government agencies/ ministries ... must always call for tender ...

if only 1 tender .... Dont count ...

if more than 1 tender BUT below an 'unknown base price' also dont count ...

How did they justify their PREDICTION ? and sold away CHEAP without Tender ?
    Master P.O , my reply was meant for Master Bear and definitely not Govt tender. There were cases public listed or privately owned companies wound up immediately after sold. But of course the CEO maintain innocent and rating agencies said blah, blah ,blah.

Really?
    So PAP going to wound up their Town Councils after selling their TC software to AIM at a few thousand dollars?
    So you are saying they are behaving like those companies you mentioned?
    Then how they operate to serve their residents there after that?

Master P.O , my reply was meant for Master Bear and definitely not Govt tender. There were cases public listed or privately owned companies wound up immediately after sold. But of course the CEO maintain innocent and rating agencies said blah, blah ,blah.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67 View Post
    yes the british debate is interesting.. but the economy is not impressive.. the country is not very well run.. there are lots of issue
    The British's economy has nothing to do with its Parliamentary system. It is a system the British and all its major political parties including The Labour, The Conservative and The Liberal Democrats all believing in it.

Here in Singapore, the PAP pledge to build a democratic society but they do not believe in it.

DPM Tharman also agreed that a strong opposition in Parliament is good for Singapore. Debate is needed to pass Bills to ensure the laws that affect us are well thought through and sustainable. The 6.9 m population was pass through in our very own Parliament with a breeze.

Master WL88, I believe it is not hard to image what will happen after the Election . One thing I bet is that private houses will become exclusive and
    are resilience to the outcome as Singapore is small. But the Public houses will become more affordable. Please advise

Really?
    So PAP going to wound up their Town Councils after selling their TC software to AIM at a few thousand dollars?
    Thank You Master Bear , You finally react to my comment. Should buy or hold till 2020 if the private property price drop to 500psf next mth . Please advise

Really?
    Master Bear I m here to learn about Property investment, btw did you mean TC selling TC's products or TC selling the whole TC?. Very confuse.

I still enjoy classic novels like Animal Farm by George Orwell.
    Modern fictions like Hunger Games, Divergent and Maze Runner are not really my cup of tea.
    Guess one man's meat is another man's poison.

Govt should remove absd for citizens since tdsr is so effective now.

Master Bear I m here to learn about Property investment, btw did you mean TC selling TC's products or TC selling the whole TC?. Very confuse.
    Master Bear , I dun mean to argue with you, I respected you therefore I always need your enlightenment. You know when to buy and sell where as some other Masters only know buy buy buy or sell sell sell or worse still after math then talk. Thank you