Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 271217222728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Any Ceiling for contribution of CPF OA?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I mentioned before that the answer to my CPF Life question 1, provided here:
    https://www.cpf.gov.sg/Members/FAQ/s...ement/cpf-life

Q What happens if I choose the CPF LIFE Basic Plan?
    A When you join the CPF LIFE Basic Plan, we will deduct about 10% of your Retirement Account savings for the annuity premium at the point of policy issuance. The actual percentage will depend on your age and gender. We will inform you on the amount deducted when your policy is issued. The premium deducted will be paid into the Lifelong Income Fund. The rest of your Retirement Account savings will stay in your Retirement Account.
    You will receive monthly payouts from the savings in your Retirement Account from your payout start age until one month before you reach 90 years old. Once you reach 90 years old, you will continue to receive monthly payouts from the Lifelong Income Fund for as long as you live.
    Payouts under your Basic Plan will be reduced when the combined balances in your CPF accounts,
    including the amount committed to CPF LIFE, falls below $60,000. This is due to the reduction in any extra interest earned and paid to you.

didn't tally with the calculation I have cross checked for CPF Life Basic plan, so it seems that some details & costs have been missing and not provided (like administrative costs etc) so the calculation based solely on the answer given won't tally!

Now I provide the math and FACT to prove this, thanks to some individual who has kindly developed a online calculator to perform all the math calculations, which you can access here:
    http://www.calculator.net/annuity-pa...ment&x=84&y=18

Fix Payment
    Starting Principal
    Interest Return / Rate
    4%
    Inflation Rate
    0%
    Payout Amount
    Payout Frequency
    Monthly

Result
    You can withdraw $1,132.00 monthly for 35.19 years.

That is to say, if CPF really pays you 4% p.a. interest on your remaining money in Retirement Account that has not been paid out every year and there are no other costs involved (like adminstrative costs, insurance costs etc), your money will last you 35.19 years before becoming $0 (hence bequest = $0), i.e. your money can last you till 65+35.19 = 100.19 years old!
    Hei, like that why need CPF Life Annuity (since most men would be dead before 80 years old and women before 85 years old even for 2016 born cohort)! Even if you give allowance for like a 0.001% people living till 99 years old, their money is still more than enough for them to live till 101 years old! Wow! So what this means is that it will result in a lot of accumulated unpaid surplus in CPF Life (due to people dying much earlier before their retirement account money has been fully paid out) which is unnecessary! Or see it in another way, that means the payout is too low (because actuary has been too conservative) and too much accumulated surplus becomes used to subsidize later generation who probably live longer etc (and unfair to current generation).

Someone once says if the Chinese put in their effort in cooking to science and technology they will be the Best in the world.

Knowing where and how to spend your Time, the Battle is half won.

That is why I tell you to learn how to invest in stocks and futures!
    But even after telling you where to make money you still don't know how to learn isn't it? Don't say that I never tell you, property is dead, and will crash in another 3+ years time!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Someone once says if the Chinese put in their effort in cooking to science and technology they will be the Best in the world.

Knowing where and how to spend your Time, the Battle is half won.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    But even after telling you where to make money you still don't know how to learn isn't it? Don't say that I never tell you, property is dead, and will crash in another 3+ years time!

The talk cock have come out again. I thought y say 3 yrs ago the same bs?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Thanks, learning now but still don't understand.

I still believe in property.

Most of my friends who play shares get burned. In the end they just can't defeat themselves. Its human nature to be greedy....stocks and futures will just amplify that.

If they don't know when to invest and what to invest, even if they buy property also will still get burned, no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    Most of my friends who play shares get burned. In the end they just can't defeat themselves. Its human nature to be greedy....stocks and futures will just amplify that.

minority,
    Wow! You the BIGGEST LIAR and BULLSHITTER still so THICK SKIN to be around and pointing finger at other people?!

minority,
    You expect people to believe you bullshit for claiming that CPF Life give you 7.5% p.a. return?!
    AND
    the fact that Olam did not pay any taxes on their Capital Injection means that minority you are ACCUSING Olam (majority controlled by Temasek) of RIGGING THEIR BOOK so that it did not pay any taxes on their Capital Injection! (because you CLAIMED that all companies including PUB must pay taxes on Capital Injection!) Wow! Holy cow!

The truth is that rather than 7.5% p.a. return, actually CPF Life's return is poor (payout too low, there will be too much accumulated unpaid surplus etc, and a lot of costs we don't know and there is no financial statements for us to verify)................

Can't believe that all your LIES have been exposed and you still lying and bullshitting here?!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    The talk cock have come out again. I thought y say 3 yrs ago the same bs?

If they don't know when to invest and what to invest, even if they buy property also will still get burned, no difference.
    There is a fine line between stocks/shares investment and gambling. For day traders I can't even see the different. The only people consistently make the money are the brokers and the brokerage. But I am glad that there are people who make the living this way. Slow money in property doesn't change my personality. Fast money in share will probably give me manic depression.

I tried my hand in shares too. Made some but lost even more. I have not touch in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    There is a fine line between stocks/shares investment and gambling. For day traders I can't even see the different. The only people consistently make the money are the brokers and the brokerage. But I am glad that there are people who make the living this way. Slow money in property doesn't change my personality. Fast money in share will probably give me manic depression.

minority,
    Wow! You the BIGGEST LIAR and BULLSHITTER still so THICK SKIN to be around and pointing finger at other people?!

minority,
    You expect people to believe you bullshit for claiming that CPF Life give you 7.5% p.a. return?!
    AND
    the fact that Olam did not pay any taxes on their Capital Injection means that minority you are ACCUSING Olam (majority controlled by Temasek) of RIGGING THEIR BOOK so that it did not pay any taxes on their Capital Injection! (because you CLAIMED that all companies including PUB must pay taxes on Capital Injection!) Wow! Holy cow!

The truth is that rather than 7.5% p.a. return, actually CPF Life's return is poor (payout too low, there will be too much accumulated unpaid surplus etc, and a lot of costs we don't know and there is no financial statements for us to verify)................

Can't believe that all your LIES have been exposed and you still lying and bullshitting here?!
    wow still at it with your BS? anything new from that hole of urs?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    CPF is more than enough for retirement Planning if you manage it wisely - Starting pay $2500 @age25
    =============================================================================
    There are 3 type of min retirement sum as from 2016 Figure.

2016 retirement sum figure for BRS (80.5k) , FRS ($161k) & ERS ($241k)
    2020 retirement sum figure for BRS (90.5k) , FRS ($181k) & ERS ($271k) inflation est 2.5%

1. Basic Retirement Sum(BRS) = $80.5k with 2/3/4 rm HDB pledged
    Monthly payout for life@65 = $660-$720

2. Full Retirement Sum (FRS) = $161k (No 2/3/4 rm HDB pledged)
    Monthly payout for life@65 = $1220-$1320

3.Enhanced Retirement Sum (ERS) = $241,500
    Those who wish to put more saving in CPF life - optional
    Monthly payout for life@65 = $1770-$1920.

Max contribution to your CPF for 2015 = $31.45k / yr (20% of your Salary + 17% employer + voluntary cash)
    Max contribution to your CPF for 2016 = $37.75k / yr (20% of your Salary + 17% employer + voluntary cash)

Many of them are unaware of how their annual income + CPF adds up over 30 years of working (age 25 to age 55).

Starting pay $2500 (3% Salary increment yearly till age 55).Do nothing to your CPF acct
    ==================================================================
    At age 25 - OA=$7.1k. SA=$1.9k MA=$2.5k

By age 35, OA=$112k. SA=33k. MA=41k

By age 45 - OA=$268k. SA=120k. MA=97k

By age 55 - OA=$479k. SA=354k. MA = $138k

** When MA (now call BHS) ceiling is reached ($49.8k) Excess goes to SA. But if SA (4%) min FRS ($161k) is also reached. MA (4%) excess goes to OA (2.5%)

NET CASH Income (take home pay) earned accumulated for 30 years of working (age 25 to age 55)= $1.3 million dollars very very more than enough
    for the HDB BTO 4rm HDB flat $350k (income >$8k no HDB grant) . I did not include variable or performance bonus which range from 0.5 mth to 3 mths
    & also your partner income whic may be also $1.3m if she/he has the same earning power.

If you have the job stability & the financial capablilty . Consider on How To Manage Your CPF Money by Shift all your money from Ordinary Acct to Special Acct as
    YOUNG as possible. You will get extra >60k to 100k more with no sweat involved at all.Just transfering OA-SA every Year . It MUST BE DONE when you are young.

Shift CPF-OA (2.5%-3.5%) to SA (4-5%) at YOUNG age & start to transfer OA (2.5% to SA(4%)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At age 25 - OA=$7.1k. SA=$1.9k. MA=$2.5k.

By age 35, OA=0 (vs 112k). SA=156k (vs 33k) . MA=41k

By 45 - OA=$85k.(vs 268k) SA=347k (vs 120k). MA=93k

By 55 - OA=$341k (vs$479k) @SA=$550k to 600k. (vs $354k). @MA=$100k - 135k

@ SA=550k to $600k depend on the CPF board yearly adjustment of the min sum retirement % increment. Range from 2.5% to 3.5%.

@ MA= $100k to $135k also depend on the CPF board yearly adjustment on the MA & your medishield life selection from Govt b2 to private A class
    MA (now call BHS) ceiling is reached. MA Excess goes to SA. But if SA min sum is also reached. MA excess goes to OA

Remember, you are not voluntary CASH contribution in the CPF. Just only your 20% of your Salary + 17% from your employer.

================================================================================================================
    I believe only the minorities have the financial capablity , determination & discipline to prorities their retirement need when young & transfer from OA
    to SA to see the magic of compouned interest in their special acct. Young prefer WANTS 1st & ignore the NEEDS. if they mismanage the CASH & CPF,
    they will be in trouble when they grow old. Low cash & low CPF.

I do not recommend to voluntary contribute cash into CPF when young unless you really have more more than enough cash either from your parent or you yourself.
    Maybe when your reach late 40s & your children are age 21 & start working . You have extra cash. Can consider voluntary cash into CPF if min sum is met.
    By age 55, you can withdraw all after meeting the min sum (161k). Eg OA=200k SA=201k MA=49.8k(cannot touch). U can withdraw all OA=200k + SA=40k
    (201k minus 161k) if you chose FRS ($161k).

Since most of the young couple likely to marry late between age 30-40. Why not set yourself a tgt to hit your Special acct min $100k at age 35
    (By age 35, OA=$112k. SA=33k --- Move 67k from your OA to SA (33k + 67k ) to increase your SA to 100k tgt.

Once your SA=100k is reached by age 35. You know that the BIG WORRY min retirement need is SETTLED & can concentrate to build your OA .
    Any extra contribution to your SA is extra extra bonus.

$100k compounded 4% interest for 30 yrs. U will have at least 325k at age 65. A very basic retirement est 2.5k/mth at age 65 for life.
    http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator...calculator.htm

FYI, those wiives who decided to become a homemaker to take care of children & self employed . You better start to think now about your retirement as you have much lesser CPF for retirement. A umarried man or women. You are also need to plan early as MAID is the only person which you need to depend on when you grow old.
    As of 09 Sep 2017 (age 55 & 4 mths)

Jac has $1,138,879 in my CPF. Including $311,174 in principal amount withdrawn (HDB loan + other) and accrued interest.

CPF-OA = $561k (1st 20k =3.5%. The rest 2.5%) - Can withdraw all if he wants

CPF-SA = $47k - Can withdraw all if he wants (1st 40k=4%. The rest 4%)

CPF-MA = $52k - Cannot be withdrawn. If he pass away. Cheque will be issued to his family members

CPF-RA = $167k - Payout start at age 65 onward - est 1300/mth

For his fully paid 3 room HDB flat.

Born in May 1962.

About 4 months past his 55th birthday.

He worked as a salaried employee for 16 years and 2 months, from Jan 1988 until retrenchment in Feb 2004.

A self employed futures day trader for 13 years 3 months after retrenchment, from May 2004 until 15 Aug 2017.

Now jobless but no worries thanks to CPF.

CPF.Jac.png

As of 09 Sep 2017 (age 55 & 4 mths)

Jac has $1,138,879 in my CPF. Including $311,174 in principal amount withdrawn (HDB loan + other) and accrued interest.

CPF-OA = $561k (1st 20k =3.5%. The rest 2.5%) - Can withdraw all if he wants

CPF-SA = $47k - Can withdraw all if he wants (1st 40k=4%. The rest 4%)

CPF-MA = $52k - Cannot be withdrawn. If he pass away. Cheque will be issued to his family members

CPF-RA = $167k - Payout start at age 65 onward - est 1300/mth

For his fully paid 3 room HDB flat.

Born in May 1962.

About 4 months past his 55th birthday.

He worked as a salaried employee for 16 years and 2 months, from Jan 1988 until retrenchment in Feb 2004.

A self employed futures day trader for 13 years 3 months after retrenchment, from May 2004 until 15 Aug 2017.

Now jobless but no worries thanks to CPF.

CPF.Jac.png
    Well Done

mm... generally accurate, but the info on CPF interest is a bit salah. Since the person is over 55 and his RA more than 60k, then the first 30k of RA earns 6%, the next 30k earns 5% and the remainder 4%. The whole of his OA earns only 2.5%, his SA earns 4%. The extra CPF interest is allocated to RA - it no longer applies to OA or SA

From CPF FAQ - The priority of the accounts that make up the $60,000 and $30,000 is as follows:

1st: Retirement Account (RA), including balances used to pay for the annuity premium under CPF LIFE
    2nd : Ordinary Account (OA), up to $20,000
    3rd : Special Account (SA)
    4th: Medisave Account (MA)

cbsh38584 can check.

To get the same CPF life ($166k) payout of est $1100 to $1300. You need to buy from private insurance annuity plan $300k to $350k to get a projected payout of $1100 to $1300. Remember it is projected. Not guarantee. The projected payout will change (so call shift goal post - up or down) according to their investment return.

CPF life annuity plan premium $166k - To get payout est 1100 to $1300
    Private insurance annuity plan premium $300k to $350k - To get payout est $1100 to $1300
    So CPF life is better annuity plan. I discussed with my agent (from Charles Monat) None of the private insurance can match CPF life payout. FYI, they even cannot guarantee
    the min 2.5% of the CPF-OA interest for any of their endowment plan using CPF OA. So they totally stop selling it.

FYI, Tokio marine did launch a Annuity plan insurance early 2012. Let say at age 55. You pay $100k each for 5 yrs ( total 500k). Lock in for 10 yrs. At age 65. U wil get
    projected payout of $33k/yr or $2.7k for life. If u divide by 500k by 3 (est 166k). The payout for premium 166k (CPF life premium) is only $930/mth. FYI, they no longer
    selling this product. They launch the latest newer annuity plan (2017) which have a lower payout against the old annuity plan in 2012 due to mkt investment condition. Tokio marine also "shift goal post" to ensure it long term sustainability .

Why Govt need to shift goal post ?
    Our govt needs to change the rules or conditions in order for our CPF system to be sustainable in long run. CPF life is not for the Richs/caplable ones ) to benefits the guarantee high interest rate they will enjoy if they leave untouch for legacy ( an amount of money or property left to someone in a will ) propose.

Just look at our STI index components. They needs to "shift the goal post " to kick out the bad ones like Noble , OLAM , Sembmarine etc.
    They replace the better ones like Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited, Thai Beverage Public Company Limited etc. If nothing is being done,
    STI index will be < 2000 & that will create a Bearish mood among S'porean investors which may affect consumers report.

It is the same as Schroder Asian growth Fund. In the early 2000, their TOP 10 HOLDINGS are most BHP , Rio Tinto, China gold mining, China CNOOC
    to reflect the bullist sector on Mining & energy. It is link to China Olympic 2008 which China needs to spend on their infrastructure.
    Look at their TOP 10 HOLDINGS today. It is mostly of consumer stocks like Alibaba , Tencent , AIA , Samsung etc. So far their ave long term return est 6%-7%.
    If they don't "Shift the goalpost" by shifting "SUNSET sector". Their fund would probably close down due to it prolong underperforming or negative return.

Even our House tiny Ants also need to "shift goal post" to survive. I terminate the ants at location "A". They eventually shift to location "B" & then "c" to survive.
    Never ending pest in my house.

CPF life is mostly for S'porean who do not know how to plan for their retirement when young. They failed through bad investment, bad spending habits etc. They will
    still has some min sum for retirement when turn 65 which is totally not enough at all.

Human being have short memory - Trust Crisis
    =============================
    The banking sys was weakened during the Lehman crisis.

That was why record amt of money was being PUMPED into their own CPF. I saw long queue at Citibank parkway to withdraw the
    money out during the Citigroup crisis (2008). Some Singaporeans are concerned that citigroup, one of the world's largest bank could
    be the next financial giant to fall after Lehman Brothers.

At that time, there is no annual limit to the amt you can PUMP into your CPF b4 the Lehman crisis. CPF board immediately come out
    with the annual limit amt which you can contribute into your CPF per yr after so much money was being Channelled to CPF( risk free
    & high interest & guarantee).

People queuing outside AIG offices trying to withdraw money

Human being have short memory - Trust Crisis
    =============================
    The banking sys was weakened during the Lehman crisis.

That was why record amt of money was being PUMPED into their own CPF. I saw long queue at Citibank parkway to withdraw the
    money out during the Citigroup crisis (2008). Some Singaporeans are concerned that citigroup, one of the world's largest bank could
    be the next financial giant to fall after Lehman Brothers.

At that time, there is no annual limit to the amt you can PUMP into your CPF b4 the Lehman crisis. CPF board immediately come out
    with the annual limit amt which you can contribute into your CPF per yr after so much money was being Channelled to CPF( risk free
    & high interest & guarantee).

People queuing outside AIG offices trying to withdraw money
    After sooooo many years how many people know about money printing.

The next printing should be even worst than before.

After sooooo many years how many people know about money printing.

The next printing should be even worst than before.
    The govt understand very well about the money printing. That is why the govt want to have
    this "money printing" biz as well. Introducing ABSD in 2012 & latest the increase in the development charge.

The govt understand very well about the money printing. That is why the govt want to have
    this "money printing" biz as well. Introducing ABSD in 2012 & latest the increase in the development charge.
    The government knows the rate of inflation will be higher than the interest rate in CPF that is why they limit the contribution to CPF. It is a feel good thing knowing you have the CASH in CPF and very stress thing to have property as investment.

The government knows the rate of inflation will be higher than the interest rate in CPF that is why they limit the contribution to CPF. It is a feel good thing knowing you have the CASH in CPF and very stress thing to have property as investment.
    My biggest jackpot is my property investment (since 2003 to 2011). Real profit $1.5 million (2 ppty sold) not paper profit.
    Currently living in HDB + pte ppty rented out.

A investment ppty is the action or process of investing ppty for profit. I do not know your paper profit is counted as REAL profit
    especially yours is a lease hold. The longer your drag, the less profit margin you will get as it get older & eventually (20 yrs later)
    you may not gain much which maybe so much worst than CPF return.

But HDB is different. My friend is applying for his 2nd NEW BTO flat.If he got the luck (good location) to get it. Not only his lease is renew back
    from 87 to 99. The amt of money own to CPF will also be reduced.Sell high for older HDB & buy a 2nd new BTO flat at lower price.

I do not put my investment portfolio in a single basket.

Bond income - Part of coupon rec channel to CPF. Please buy investment grade bond like SIA 3%.

CPF - The safest & high return 2.5% to 4%. I will reach $1m in my CPF before age 60.

private equity( holding 10-13 yrs) - Need to be patience to see the result.

Rental - Most headache & yield is only 2% if it include ppty tax, maint fee + other. Buying SIA 3% 10 yrs bond is much better than buying 1 bedder apt for rental.
    Not easy to get it rented out unless u are willing to rent out at -ve yield.

FYI, my niece who bought (Aquarius by the park (bedok res) in 1997 at 900+psf. Twenty yrs later, it is still 900psf. This is not a wise investment for longer term ppty investors.
    Putting into her CPF is much better at that time.

Take note that S'pore is no longer a developing country like in the 70s to 80s which is going between 7% to 11%. It is a developed country like Japan. Grow will be slow (1%-3%) for many yrs to come.

My biggest jackpot is my property investment (since 2003 to 2011). Real profit $1.5 million (2 ppty sold) not paper profit.
    Currently living in HDB + pte ppty rented out.

Just 180K in 1995 the rest paper profit.

An investment ppty is the action or process of investing ppty for profit. I do not know your paper profit is counted as REAL profit
    especially yours is a lease hold. The longer your drag, the less profit margin you will get as it gets older & eventually (20 Yrs later) you may not gain much which maybe so much worst than CPF return.

But HDB is different. My friend is applying for his 2nd NEW BTO flat.If he got the luck (good location) to get it. Not only his lease is renewed back from 87 to 99. The amt of money own to CPF will also be reduced.Sell high for older HDB & buy a 2nd new BTO flat at lower price.

Did it in Nov 1996. Still holding the old HDB for rental @ 2.8k.

Rental - Most headache & yield is only 2% if it include ppty tax, maint fee + other. Buying SIA 3% 10 yrs bond is much better than buying 1 bedder apt for rental. Not easy to get it rented out unless u are willing to rent out at -ve yield.

So far only + yield except the CASH out which I did not fully use it.

FYI, my niece who bought (Aquarius by the park (bedok res) in 1997 at 900+psf. Twenty yrs later, it is still 900psf. This is not a wise investment for longer term ppty investors.
    Putting into her CPF is much better at that time.

If it is rental out then it is can investment, otherwise it is call liability.

Take note that S'pore is no longer a developing country like in the 70s to 80s which is going between 7% to 11%. It is a developed country like Japan. Grow will be slow (1%-3%) for many yrs to come.

Not Apple to Apple, Japan is going to disappear at their current rate of replacement.

My biggest jackpot is my property investment (since 2003 to 2011). Real profit $1.5 million (2 ppty sold) not paper profit. Currently living in HDB + pte ppty rented out.

Almost forget if your money in one Bank it is protected up to 50K.

In the event, a Deposit Insurance Scheme member bank or finance company fails, all of your eligible accounts with that member are aggregated and insured up to S$50,000. Trust and client accounts held by non-bank depositors are insured up to $50,000 per account.

Money held in bank deposits under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000.

https://www.sdic.org.sg/SDIC/apps/se...owser/default/

My biggest jackpot is my property investment (since 2003 to 2011). Real profit $1.5 million (2 ppty sold) not paper profit. Currently living in HDB + pte ppty rented out.

Almost forget if your money in one Bank it is protected up to 50K.

In the event, a Deposit Insurance Scheme member bank or finance company fails, all of your eligible accounts with that member are aggregated and insured up to S$50,000. Trust and client accounts held by non-bank depositors are insured up to $50,000 per account.

Money held in bank deposits under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000.

https://www.sdic.org.sg/SDIC/apps/se...owser/default/
    You almost also forget that if we have come to a situation who DIS is triggered. Your ppty will probably worth <50%. There will margin call for your investment ppty on leveraging. It will be a stack of card falling one after another. Everybody suffers include you & me. Nothing is safe except maybe physical gold.

are u sure so much? lolx

You almost also forget that if we have come to a situation who DIS is triggered. Your ppty will probably worth <50%. There will margin call for your investment ppty on leveraging. It will be a stack of card falling one after another. Everybody suffers include you & me. Nothing is safe except maybe physical gold.
    True, ppty will probably worth <50% when the land cost is more, something like to buy the Land and build it cost more than completed project cost less than 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    are u sure so much? lolx
    Not me, me only 180K. Long Long time ago. only paper gain.

Water increased 30% so price will drop 30% cos construction never use water.

Land increased 30% and price will drop 30% cos just need to build on thin air.

Development charges increase 20% and no need to pay cos just buy Freehold at Leasehold prices?

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Water increased 30% so price will drop 30% cos construction never use water.

Land increased 30% and price will drop 30% cos just need to build on thin air.

Development charges increase 20% and no need to pay cos just buy Freehold at Leasehold prices?
    Seriously I think it is possible to drop 50% maybe more.

Example developer buys land for 1000 psf ppr then build it then sold it.

Somehow property crash 50% and you can buy the same property for 500 psf.

Yes, developer is forced to lelong brand new at 50%.

Existing owners also must lelong at more than 50%.

Only cash holders showhand buy 2-3 each with the price drop.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The low interest rate again (1.1% to 1.3%) from banks makes the CPF Ordinary Account rate of 2.5 per cent attractive, not to mention the Retirement Account (for those above 55), which attracts up to 6 per cent interest.

Remember to view your statement on 1st or 2nd Jan 2018.