Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Rhu Road Condo

Quote Originally Posted by august
    good leh, like this residents there will be spared all the construction hassle and dust..

Construction and dust is temporary but the improved quality of life that it brings to T Rhu is permanent.

Default Here's a good site to track the Sports Hub News

http://sgsportshub.blogspot.com/

Seriously I think only when they begin tearing down the National Stadium can we be sure there will be no more delays. Will be happy if that happens next year.
    Otherwise can expect many more last football matches, closing ceremonies etc

Quote Originally Posted by Chan F M
    Have nervously vested in Pebble Bay....
    Steady.. Great choice ... not only I say one hor..

As rated by singaporeexpats.com:

One of the Best Waterfront Condo
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...re-condo-4.htm

One of the Best Family Condo
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...re-condo-2.htm

of my 3 fave regions, this is the last bastion of hope.

marina bay - from $1100 to $2800, might be slightly undervalued now, room to grow when the gardens, shopping district is up. mbs pricing will change pricing dynamics there - i'm expecting avg $3300psf

sentosa cove - from $1200 to $3200, too late liao, slightly overpriced

tg rhu - from $600 to $900, still got hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    ha ha we will see

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    http://sgsportshub.blogspot.com/

Seriously I think only when they begin tearing down the National Stadium can we be sure there will be no more delays. Will be happy if that happens next year.
    Otherwise can expect many more last football matches, closing ceremonies etc

Well.....we still have the opening of the Circle Line to look forward to. A friend told me that it could be opened in Q1 next year.

Also, the partial opening of the Marina East Gardens (in mid 2010?) ought to boost the quality of life of T Rhu residents.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

of my 3 fave regions, this is the last bastion of hope.

marina bay - from $1100 to $2800, might be slightly undervalued now, room to grow when the gardens, shopping district is up. mbs pricing will change pricing dynamics there - i'm expecting avg $3300psf

sentosa cove - from $1200 to $3200, too late liao, slightly overpriced

$600 psf?
    Tanjung Rhu condo is now selling at Ang Mo Kio 5-year-old EC price?

Wow!
    That's cool, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge

Prices of Nuovo EC cross $600psf on 'Centro-effect'
    The Edge
    Monday, 5 October 2009

There’s been a spurt in sales at Nuovo in Ang Mo Kio recently, after the executive condominium (EC) crossed the five-year minimum-occupation period. Seven units changed hands from Sept 4 to 11, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. In 2006 and 2008, there was only one transaction each, and two deals in 2007. Owners who sold recently are taking advantage of the “Centro-effect”, caused by the launch of giant property developer Far East Organization’s 329-unit Centro Residences in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8. Units there have been sold at an average of $1,179 psf from its launch in August to Sept 11, according to figures from URA Realis. Between Sept 4 and 11, an 893 sq ft unit sold for $1.07 million, or $1,199 psf.

Given that it’s a private condominium, Centro Residences doesn’t have the same restrictions that Nuovo, an EC, has. Under HDB rules, owners of ECs are only allowed to sell their units to Singapore citizens or permanent residents five years after the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP), which, for the 297-unit Nuovo, was in 2004. It’s only 10 years after TOP that units in ECs can be traded like any other private condominium in the resale market, with sales to foreigners allowed as well.

However, the owners of Nuovo should be delighted at transaction prices in the range of $477 to $637 psf, as they are the highest achieved since the property was launched at end-2001. Prices at that time were hovering at $400 psf.

For instance, a 1,119 sq ft unit on the ninth floor went for $710,000, or $634 psf. This is a gain of 52% for the original owner, who had purchased it from developer City Developments Ltd (CDL) for $467,276 in 2002. A larger unit on the 17th floor went for $1.2 million, or $477 psf. The 2,594 sq ft condominium was purchased for $812,746 in 2001.

Other condominiums along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9 have also benefited from the Centro effect, with a unit at Far Horizon Gardens, a condominium completed in the 1980s, changing hands in the resale market at $508 psf last month, the highest price psf achieved in the project this year.

Sellers are also benefiting from the recovery in the residential sector, which saw a marked 15.9% jump in the 3Q residential price index — the largest q-o-q increase seen in the index since 1981, according to URA’s 3Q flash estimate last week. As a result of this big increase, the 3Q price index is now 5.1% below that in 4Q2008 even though it registered a total decline of 18.1% in the first two quarters of 2009. The residential price index is more or less at the levels seen in 2Q2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    $600 psf?

Wow!
    That's cool, isn't it?
    now asking >900psf but dont know what is the transacted psf.

$600 psf?

Wow!
    That's cool, isn't it?
    $600psf was in May, now it's transacting in the $750-$850 range i believe.

All these new condos in the heartlands are overpriced lah - so many gems in the resale market which people dun bother to research

$600psf was in May, now it's transacting in the $750-$850 range i believe.

All these new condos in the heartlands are overpriced lah - so many gems in the resale market which people dun bother to research
    5-year-old Nuovo EC is also a resale - not a new condo. So it can be used as a comparison with the resales in Tanjong Rhu.

Perhaps the gems in Tanjong Rhu are not as good as those in Ang Mo Kio?

5-year-old Nuovo EC is also a resale - not a new condo. So it can be used as a comparison with the resales in Tanjong Rhu.

Perhaps the gems in Tanjong Rhu are not as good as those in Ang Mo Kio?
    Would view it as a gems to be rediscovery after the last sound of hype on news of new stadium n marina gardens. Still think there are potential in tg rhu

Steady.. Great choice ... not only I say one hor..

As rated by singaporeexpats.com:

One of the Best Waterfront Condo
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...re-condo-4.htm

One of the Best Family Condo
    http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...re-condo-2.htm
    These kind of ranking is really up to the site's owner. U mean u really believe it? Are u local?

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    These kind of ranking is really up to the site's owner. U mean u really believe it? Are u local?
    Well, it doesn't really matter what I believe does it? I was simply sharing what was published on the site - anyone can choose to agree or disagree.
    I take it you are a local who absolutely disagrees with the rankings? Well erm... ok then... good for you!

Default URA Caveats

Just looked at URA caveats.

2 more large units at Costa Rhu were done above $1,000 psf. It looks like large units may possibly hit $1,200 psf?

The latest Pebble Bay transaction is a 2,626 sq ft unit done at $1,256 psf.

I, of course, hope that prices will continue firming. Unfortunately, the number of transactions have dropped significantly.

Btw, gwlip, thank you for sharing.

2 more large units at Costa Rhu were done above $1,000 psf. It looks like large units may possibly hit $1,200 psf?

I, of course, hope that prices will continue firming. Unfortunately, the number of transactions have dropped significantly.

No worries - its what a forum is for. I personally think Tanjong Rhu will be very nice place to stay once the developments are up. Hope it turns out that way .

Maybe the firmness in price has got to do with the Sail Effect?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sail, The Sail @ Marina Bay, 2 hours ago
    a stack 3 unit was sold at $2699 psf in September ...
    ... slowly but surely crawing towards $3000 psf again
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, The Sail @ Marina Bay, 10 minutes ago
    Oh my goodness!

The Sail resale has hit $2,699 psf in September?

Wow! Congratulations!

I am not sure what is the Sail effect... Do you mean that a Sail transaction would affect properties at Tanjong Rhu?

Or more probably, I suppose you mean that that transaction would affect properties within a short distance from the Sail. That is certainly possible....

It is a very impressive price.

lol there is no Sail effect lah. the max extent it will stretch out to is one shenton.

lol there is no Sail effect lah. the max extent it will stretch out to is one shenton.
    Got la... just different Sail effect ... in future can sail at the East Gardens ma..

Default marina east garden

Yes it is in August 2010. Me neither.
    According to the person I spoke with (and he seemed very knowledgeable), the park would be ready for visitors etc but not "full blown" ready. I asked what he meant by that (if maybe the Gustafson Porter's design elements will be put in later).. he replied we will probably be able to see Gustafson Porter's designs and concepts in place just that certain things/ elements of the park may not be ready (he didn't elaborate much here)
    Additional info.
    For YOG there will be area built for spectator viewing for rowing n canoeing event held at the marina channel.
    After YOG there is planned for interim park, with visitor center n waterfront promenade n walkway to barrage. Details of plan is on going

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Additional info.
    For YOG there will be area built for spectator viewing for rowing n canoeing event held at the marina channel.
    After YOG there is planned for interim park, with visitor center n waterfront promenade n walkway to barrage. Details of plan is on going
    Thanks flxcat!
    Hoping to see some architectural layout and design of the East Gardens... so far majority of it are focused on the main South Gardens. I know a magazine had a write up of it recently but unfortunately I don't subscribe to it and am too cheapo to pay USD25 for 1 issue .
    Anyone an architect here with this?

http://www.arcplusonline.com/Magazine_issue18.php
    "LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
    80 SINGAPORE Gardens by the Bay: Marina East
    The Marina East component of Singapore’s massive Garden’s by the Bay development"

Default LTA LandTransport Master Plan Video

Found this ol' video.. Tanjong Rhu mentioned 38 secs into it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sUuX...eature=related

STB seems to be betting on a few things including the YOG.....

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/2009102...h-231650b.html

no local would buy Costa Rhu
    the lifts are badly maintained
    the residents composition macam Bollywood...its Ah Neh Town

Pebble Bay used to be a gem
    sigh

This comes to mind a question I had always want to ask.
    Why is some condo so well maintained (e.g. that I had seen are Bullion Park, Oleander Tower, Mandarin Garden etc) and some are so badly maintain?

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    the residents composition macam Bollywood...its Ah Neh Town
    haha....my friend commented this too

That is true. I sold my unit to a Pakistani a year back for a good price. The Indians love the Tanjong Rhu and Meyer area. Really seem like Little India to me - but the fact that the Indians gravitate towards these areas also mean there might be potential as some indian are quite rich lor.

Sports Hub still has financing concerns

Posted by luxuryasiahome on November 14, 2009

THE troubled Sports Hub is still facing difficulties and the expected construction date could possibly be pushed back further to 2014.
    It is understood that the preferred bidder for the $1.87 billion project, the Singapore Sports Hub Consortium, has yet to raise the money necessary for construction to begin at the site of the National Stadium.
    The inability to secure funds from the private sector has been a problem plaguing the SSHC since last year, partly as a result of the economic recession.
    The consortium said yesterday it had recently launched a financing competition, and that it intends to raise bank debt financing.
    Led by construction firm Dragages Singapore, the SSHC expects to receive offers before the end of this year.
    ‘It’s essentially trying to get loans on the best terms,’ said a source.
    A spokesman declined to reveal how much needed to be raised, although it is believed to be at least $1.2 billion, the hub’s estimated construction cost.
    The source added: ‘It now all depends on whether we can raise the necessary funds. When that happens, then we can proceed.’
    Dragages managing director and SSHC head Ludwig Reichhold said yesterday he was targeting to sign the final contract with the Singapore Sports Council by early next year. In August, he had set the end of this year as a target.
    The SSHC had hoped to pull down the National Stadium by the first quarter of next year, but this is dependent on the final contract being signed first.
    Demolition will take about three months. Construction can then begin and will take about three years.
    Since the project was announced in 2005, its completion date has been pushed back repeatedly from 2010, to 2011, 2012 and then 2013.
    Singapore’s hosting of the South-east Asia Games in 2013 is now uncertain.
    The hub is a public-private partnership (PPP) project. This means the Government will pay the SSHC – which will design, build, and operate the facility – a monthly unitary payment throughout the project’s 25-year term once the final contract is inked.

Source : Straits Times – 14 Nov 2009

Now that the MRT is confirmed to start operations in mid Apr, will we see an increase in resale prices for the Tanjong Rhu stretch?

I really hope so!