Thread: Tenant 2

Default Tenant 2

Anybody ever rent your condo unit to Filippino? How is your experience? Recently there is a PR Filippino family (7 people including 2 young children) interested in my unit, I do not know whether want to accept or not, I really need the advice urgently. Thanks.

Love to cook and party.

Lucky is a family otherwise consider as a dormitory.

each occupant should have at least 10 sqm of space. The maximum number of occupants in a residential unit is eight, no matter how big the unit is

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/buy-prope...sidential.aspx

Quite OK. They may wear dedicated slippers at home at the common areas.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Anybody ever rent your condo unit to Filippino? How is your experience? Recently there is a PR Filippino family (7 people including 2 young children) interested in my unit, I do not know whether want to accept or not, I really need the advice urgently. Thanks.
    they offer you already? is it the geylang unit?

my fren rented hdb to a filipino family... prompt payment, never give problem, renewal of lease at the SAME rental few months ago... this type where to find.. my friend hug tight tight.
    Ong lai ah!

most likely 2 or 3 groups who rent and stay together with one as a master tenant. they are usually alright.

I was lucky to have a Philippine tenant who happens to be a Brand Marketing Manager for a MNC. I rented out the unit without furniture, and ended up buying all his furnitures because they fit so nicely to the unit, in particular the colours.
    The Swiss tenant after him just loves the furnitures.

Rented my apt to a single lady philipino lawyer. She is an angel. Paid promptly and no complaint....

But your tenant has so many occupants, need to think of wear n tear..unless it is old apartment.

I have problem in posting yesterday, is it there is something wrong with the website.

Anyway, thanks for all the valuable replies.
    Looks like is not that bad renting to a Filipinos.
    It is not my Geylang unit, is actually my current condo about 16 yrs already, 1,4xx sqft. Actually I was told that 2 of them are their parents who stay in Philippines but on and off they will visit them, so they think it is better to let me know.

This tenant are from IT industry, they have 2 children about 6 and 7 yrs old. Haven't confirm yet but they are coming for 2nd viewing.

at this current market, better secure it fast..

Quote Originally Posted by DMCK View Post
    at this current market, better secure it fast..
    Suppose to sign LOI and collect cheque tonight but tenant last mins cancelled the appointment.

Suppose to sign LOI and collect cheque tonight but tenant last mins cancelled the appointment.
    rental is on a downward trend, and tenants have plenty to choose...tat is one of the main reasons I sold off one unit ..... Just wait for another offer

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    rental is on a downward trend, and tenants have plenty to choose...tat is one of the main reasons I sold off one unit ..... Just wait for another offer
    staging is important ... make sure unit is nicely furnished .... it does help to secure tenants sooner