Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Paya Lebar Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Duo is at bugis very central patk place is another story.
    Yes, very different indeed. PLC catchment will be more than Bugis. When I mean catchment, it includes those who work, lives and play there. Bugis is still quite commercial at the moment, catchment peak is during office hours mainly driven by workers. It is hard to compare between the two for this aspect. I am hoping for D7 to have more activity but the Queen Street hotel site bids were unsuccessful. It also takes a few more years for Rochor Centre area to be rejuvenated. Only hope is for Beach Road commercial site (diagonally across Duo) to play up the area slightly and hopefully the underground walkway from Suntec Tower 4 will be linked to DTL and Duo.

I quote:

"Paya Lebar Quarter will serve a working population of 22,000 in the local catchment area within 7 minutesí walk and approximately one million residents in the trade area. When the wider Paya Lebar Central precinct is fully developed, Paya Lebar Quarter is expected to have 52,000 workers in its immediate catchment."

http://www.lendlease.com/-/media/llc...n-project.ashx

Omg 52,000 workers, yet only 450 residential units. Landlease needs to build more, floating or underground i dun care, build more!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post
    Omg 52,000 workers, yet only 450 residential units. Landlease needs to build more, floating or underground i dun care, build more!!
    That's so funny. Jokes aside, they can't coz of the land % for residential cannot exceed the current. Underground is also an issue due to the canal which they need to cover. It's actually a very challenging site to built. Broken into pieces and linked by 3 bridges.

Main issue is the height limit which is due to PL Air base. It will only start shifting from 2030 onwards to changi east which is under expansion now.

PLC will have to count on neighboring areas to support this growth. Maybe that's why Geylang area is building so many small walk up apartments.

will the property in geylang upper lorong from 30 onwards appreciate?

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    That's so funny. Jokes aside, they can't coz of the land % for residential cannot exceed the current. Underground is also an issue due to the canal which they need to cover. It's actually a very challenging site to built. Broken into pieces and linked by 3 bridges.

Main issue is the height limit which is due to PL Air base. It will only start shifting from 2030 onwards to changi east which is under expansion now.

PLC will have to count on neighboring areas to support this growth. Maybe that's why Geylang area is building so many small walk up apartments.
    Hi Propvester, thank you for all the valuable ins

Hi Propvester, thanks for all your insightful posts. I realised I've plunged in without much research. As PL development plan would take a while & shifting of airbase will only start around 2030, would it be foolish to think about making a small profit (low thousands) if I sell about 1-2 years after TOP or am I better off forfeiting 25% of the booking fee? It is my fault that I went ahead with a 60sqm 2 bedder of 1.7k psf though I had prior in mind a ceiling of 1.6k psf.

I had succumbed to the temptation when all 1 bedders at Low floor were sold when my number was called. The entry price for 1 bedder is about same or slightly more than my 2 bedder so 1 bedder is a better purchase now that I have more time to reflect & look at rental data of nearby condos.

Thanks for your kind advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dot2 View Post
    Hi Propvester, thanks for all your insightful posts. I realised I've plunged in without much research. As PL development plan would take a while & shifting of airbase will only start around 2030, would it be foolish to think about making a small profit (low thousands) if I sell about 1-2 years after TOP or am I better off forfeiting 25% of the booking fee? It is my fault that I went ahead with a 60sqm 2 bedder of 1.7k psf though I had prior in mind a ceiling of 1.6k psf.

I had succumbed to the temptation when all 1 bedders at Low floor were sold when my number was called. The entry price for 1 bedder is about same or slightly more than my 2 bedder so 1 bedder is a better purchase now that I have more time to reflect & look at rental data of nearby condos.

Hi RedDot2, I will write to you via PM since this is pretty personal with regards to your decision. I too have received such PMs over the last few days on this project and their respective sentiments of their purchase. All of which should not be taken lightly since its our hard earn monies and you made the choice of parking it here.

Hi RedDot2, I will write to you via PM since this is pretty personal with regards to your decision. I too have received such PMs over the last few days on this project and their respective sentiments of their purchase. All of which should not be taken lightly since its our hard earn monies and you made the choice of parking it here.
    Now that I am older.....I miss the time when I was younger and bolder. Often I wish that I have taken more calculated risk and I regret for worrying too much. In the end doing something is a lot better than doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dot2 View Post

Buy already don't look back. There will always be better and worse deals.

Two bedder has more long term flexibility than 1 bedder actually.

PL is already developing well but Airbase shifted out later. I think it is a fair game to go for. It's a good time to buy and hide under shelter during this period of low rentals. The units will appear perfect when we have resumed growth curve - my two cents only.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

As a brand name, Paya Lebar is mostly out of investors' sight. Its surroundings like Geylang Serai, light industrial Ubi and height limit really put a damper to the entire proposition. The Airbase is still a good way out of PLC and should have minimal impact to the value of PLQ. If its any nearer like Ubi Ave 3 or 4 where the F15s are flying sorties, I will have second thoughts.

Looking far ahead into the future ....

When PLAB moves to Changi East, Paya Lebar as a district name will get another kick start because a lot of land will be freed up like what is happening to Bidadari (remains hidden until last few years). Those residents staying there in the future should be babies now since it will be post 2030 (another 10-20 years timeline to build). URA targets to free up 800 hectares of land for 50-60k future residents to meet future population figures. It will be a brand new town built from scratch with 30-40 storeys HDBs. Its forward thinking like Marina Bay was reclaimed back in the 70s when govt projected that we will run out of CBD space today.

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...-land/a/133076

audentes Fortuna iuvat

2 cents,
    PropVestor