Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Paya Lebar Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    The recent tweak in measures does give developers an opportunity to sell more with right pricing. The market is sentiment driven. With 'songs and dance', it attracts some people to enter the market. This encourages some people who are staying on the sideline to take the plunge. Usually people who buy from new launches are cash tight or the less savvy. Savvy investors usually buy resale completed units and not quite in RCR or OCR where prices have corrected only by 11% as compared with CCR by more than 30%.
    i agree with you on your final sentence and hope that i am also a savvy investor haha. however, people who buy from new launches are not necessarily cash tight or less savvy. in general, there are a lot of people who like brand new units, a lot more than savvy investors. they buy for various reasons. e.g. grandeur park units are so small but the quantum is "affordable" so the product is something which these buyers want. they may be low budget but not necessarily cash tight.

with regards to savvy or not, i'd say buying at 30% discount in CCR is a long term thing and also requires enduring lower rental yields in the short run, especially for the older properties. meanwhile, a project like park place would give higher short term yield and cash flow especially when it is brand new. its more of different strategy than anything.

It's overly judgemental to conclude that.

People buy property due to various reasons. One should note that TDSR is a permanent measure and the sectorial gaps might be long lasting. In other words, we are not sure if the gap will widen back to pre TDSR levels 10 years later.

Both CCR and OCR comprises highly heterogeneous regions. It is quite naive to think every development in the sector will experience same price movements as well. In fact, even in the same region, different micro location factors, density and workmanship factors influence buyer and seller dynamics as well.

The recent tweak in measures does give developers an opportunity to sell more with right pricing. The market is sentiment driven. With 'songs and dance', it attracts some people to enter the market. This encourages some people who are staying on the sideline to take the plunge. Usually people who buy from new launches are cash tight or the less savvy. Savvy investors usually buy resale completed units and not quite in RCR or OCR where prices have corrected only by 11% as compared with CCR by more than 30%.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

You are definitely savvy and discerning who has snapped up a great bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    i agree with you on your final sentence and hope that i am also a savvy investor haha. however, people who buy from new launches are not necessarily cash tight or less savvy. in general, there are a lot of people who like brand new units, a lot more than savvy investors. they buy for various reasons. e.g. grandeur park units are so small but the quantum is "affordable" so the product is something which these buyers want. they may be low budget but not necessarily cash tight.

with regards to savvy or not, i'd say buying at 30% discount in CCR is a long term thing and also requires enduring lower rental yields in the short run, especially for the older properties. meanwhile, a project like park place would give higher short term yield and cash flow especially when it is brand new. its more of different strategy than anything.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post

Could you enlighten how new under construction project gives higher short term yield?

You start paying for your under construction unit progressively the moment you sign the agreement to purchase. You continue to pay and even need to draw down your loan until TOP and not collecting any rental for the next 4 years. For completed resale, you start collecting rental almost immediately.

Could you enlighten how new under construction project gives higher short term yield?

You start paying for your under construction unit progressively the moment you sign the agreement to purchase. You continue to pay and even need to draw down your loan until TOP and not collecting any rental for the next 4 years. For completed resale, you start collecting rental almost immediately.
    for owner occupiers, there are buyers who like to build up their cash hoard during those 4 years while the loan also only kicks in partially at each stage.

sorry, for investors, what I meant was upon completion, it would be easier to rent out and at a higher rate vs an old freehold property.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast