Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Paya Lebar Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by ixxx View Post
    For this project, investment is surely a red alert 'no'.

If buy to sell when TOP, how much can u sell when u buy a 99LH at 1700 psf & the surroundings freehold Geylang condo are only at around 900 - 1200 psf.

If buy to rent, how low will be your rental yield in percentage when u buy at 1700 psf & rental market of better mm is only $2k now, 2 bedder would likely fetch u $2.5k - 2.8k & 3 bedder at 3k - 3.5k. Worst thing is if get loan, would not even cover monthly instalment. Wonder if anyone really believe the rental value that agents say in showroom. Tenants will choose other Paya Lebar or Geylang areas condo across the road or Eunos, Aljunied, Kembangan, Tanah Merah areas if ur pricing is more than $200 higher in the market now & rental market is expected to be worsen base on new private homes supply in sg.

But 1 thing good is to buy for own stay. Given the convenience of the location, it should be a good choice for a family to stay in 3 bedder.

In conclusion, this is actually a geographical good project for own stay but the pricing determined to be not for investment.
    Sound familiar when I bought Southbank, near Golden Mile got a lot of Thai worker, near Geylang got a lot of Chicken, near HDB, near HDB rental........

No Right No Wrong only TIME can tell.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is why according to your logic, the government should start building HDB flats among the GCBs like in Nassim... Heard law minister is living there.........

Another area is Sentosa Cove, so that the foreigners can integrate with HDB heartlanders........

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    This is actually a point made to the Great Southern Waterfront development debate, which is where the current PSA ports are being relocated further west.

There is a debate whether such future prime areas should have public housing to balance out the area. So this is not out of the question to implant HDBs or ECs in these exclusive areas in the future.

I sure hope we will not have too much segregation as that is not what Singapore is about. More sentosa cove like area is not actually a good thing. We strive for integration and non xenophobic future. If not, we will have issues with racial and cultural harmony for future housing. That is why 'community spaces' where the public can enjoy is a requirement for developers of massive developments. Developers need to comply with the masterplan. PLQ has such plans in mind.

Wait for remaining 50% launch this year end, maybe starting psf 2000 liao .

Saw few comments at google map quite reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    That is why according to your logic, the government should start building HDB flats among the GCBs like in Nassim... Heard law minister is living there.........

Another area is Sentosa Cove, so that the foreigners can integrate with HDB heartlanders........
    Maybe we can even have HDB at the Istana! Then our president can be the people's president even more lol

http://grant-associates.pr.co/141476...ant-associates

PLQ landscaping will be designed by the same British folks who did Gardens by the Bay (16 awards). Now I know why it is so expensive to build this project at over $3.2bn. Owners can look forward to more than 100,000 sq feet of landscaping with a river flowing through.

http://grant-associates.pr.co/141476...ant-associates

PLQ landscaping will be designed by the same British folks who did Gardens by the Bay (16 awards). Now I know why it is so expensive to build this project at over $3.2bn. Owners can look forward to more than 100,000 sq feet of landscaping with a river flowing through.
    Power, you Huat liao!!

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Power, you Huat liao!!
    Can't really say that but it increases the chance that this property has a unique design which ups the emotional appeal of the next owner we sell to. The maintenance of this place will go in tandem with the landscaping scope of work. So management fees will only be higher than nearby condos. Give and take I supposed.

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends.../market-trends
    Data says it better...

Between July 2007 to May 2017, D14's straight line incline is looking very similar to D15. A good sign to me.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

Can't really say that but it increases the chance that this property has a unique design which ups the emotional appeal of the next owner we sell to. The maintenance of this place will go in tandem with the landscaping scope of work. So management fees will only be higher than nearby condos. Give and take I supposed.

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends.../market-trends
    Data says it better...

Between July 2007 to May 2017, D14's straight line incline is looking very similar to D15. A good sign to me.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Doubly Huat!!

I was reading through the Business Times yesterday front page. Interestingly, there is no mention of Park Place Residences re-launch. Maybe they did not put it there since they have already launched Phase 1. If not, they might do what Marina One does, see the finished product first before selling. At a higher price of course!

Just speculating.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

I was reading through the Business Times yesterday front page. Interestingly, there is no mention of Park Place Residences re-launch. Maybe they did not put it there since they have already launched Phase 1. If not, they might do what Marina One does, see the finished product first before selling. At a higher price of course!

Just speculating.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Phase 1 average PSF already $1874, Phase 2 will be $2000+?

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Phase 1 average PSF already $1874, Phase 2 will be $2000+?
    Going by the current strategy of wait and see like marina one, I cannot really tell if they will break $2k. Many are against it for such a low key area. My mum over dinner just told me it's too expensive even for $1.8k. She is selling her shophouse for $2.1k PSf in Little India (LH 999). For her generation, I guess she sees something different from her son.

Some see gems some see trash. It's all have to do with what you believe in. If you think the MasterPlan is just for show, you will not touch this place. I think it will be $2.1k for high floor units if launched in 2020 when TOP. Again, my 2 cents only.

Propvestor

A big IF but not entirely unlikely. A little concerned about the asking price but with such bullish capital inflows, who knows...
    http://www.straitstimes.com/business...-en-bloc-fever

As a blue site with 3.0 plot ratio, it is pretty sizeable FH land which can be turned into a mixed development with shops cum apartments, serviced apartments and/or hotel. Not many FH blue sites around. This should shake up some attention if it goes into the market.

Hope this one goes through and surrounding owners will have more reasons to smile as it will bump up prices even further.

PropVestor

will it bring up the price in the upper lorong of geylang area?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post
    All the Lorong freeze by URA.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/media-roo...15/jan/pr15-02

Proposed change in land use zoning of Lorongs 4-22 Geylang to better manage issues arising from conflicting uses
    Published Date: 13 Jan 2015

The Urban Redevelopment Authority proposes to rezone the area bounded by Geylang Road, Lorong 22 Geylang, Guillemard Road and Lorong 4 Geylang, excluding the parcels of land zoned Road, the lots fronting Geylang Road and the sports field bounded by Talma Road and Lorong 12 Geylang, from ‘Residential/Institution’ to a new ‘Commercial/Institution’ zoning. The area for rezoning is coloured in light blue in the attached plan [PDF, 4mb].

Members of public can submit their feedback, objection or representation to the proposal in writing to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Development, 5 Maxwell Road, Singapore 069110, on or before 11 February 2015.

A certified copy of the Master Plan with the proposed amendments may be inspected during office hours between 13 January 2015 and 11 February 2015 at The URA Centre Atrium. More information on this proposal can be found at http://www.ura.gov.sg/sn/MP2014-proposed-amendments.

http://www.crei-academy.com/uras-geylang-rezoning/

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/hub-...n-landed-homes

Mentally challanged to stay in the area.

yes, noisy, pollution, night market for one month a year, with big crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    yes, noisy, pollution, night market for one month a year, with big crowd
    Two of these fit the description of the junction of Meyer road and fort road too.

Payar Lebar, wow! Super heavy traffic during peak hours, lots of heavy vehicles, lorries, container trucks etc. In fact, any time also traffic so heavy one...........

Two of these fit the description of the junction of Meyer road and fort road too.

Payar Lebar, wow! Super heavy traffic during peak hours, lots of heavy vehicles, lorries, container trucks etc. In fact, any time also traffic so heavy one...........
    It's not called a construction site if there are no lorries or trucks. Let alone a mixed development of 3.9 hectares and $3.2billion in the making. Glad I saw something else.

Since 10 years ago before current construction site situation traffic is already like that, looks like the traffic situation will get worse based on what you say..........

It's not called a construction site if there are no lorries or trucks. Let alone a mixed development of 3.9 hectares and $3.2billion in the making. Glad I saw something else.

Since 10 years ago before current construction site situation traffic is already like that, looks like the traffic situation will get worse based on what you say..........
    Based on what I say? You should get out of the house more often.

Based on what I say? You should get out of the house more often.
    Sound familiar, I was once told the public Bus got Air-con.

Teddybear's observation is right. I travel to and fro Paya Lebar Road / Marine Parade via Tanjng Katong Road very often even before the construction started. Traffic is heavy from MacPherson Road / Paya Lebar Rd junction right up to Paya Lebar/Geylang Road. Either sides of Sims Ave and Geylang Road are just as heavy including Tanjong Katong Road up to Dunman Road. I expect traffic to worsen after all the developments there are completed since there will be more residential vehicles and commercial activities happening.

And, there is hardly any room for road expansion

The traffic condition is the same as Orchard road before 2012.

The right question to ask is, why is the traffic here so heavy?

Is Jurong to Buona Vista traffic any better? Is Yishun / Sembawang really very much better?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

With your this sentence I immediately know you don't live in around Orchard.

Traffic condition in Orchard area is ONLY bad on the short stretch of road between shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapore (and that is it! - and this is a stretch which we can bypass without even needing to use it to go to anywhere else in Singapore), the rest of the roads around Orchard are usually smooth flowing, with minimal heavy vehicles and lorries and container trucks. Not only that, there are so many alternate roads to get any other place in Singapore.

This is unlike Payar Lebar / Sims Ave area, where the traffic is very very heavy even during non-peak hours! And worst, they are the only main roads you must use to transerse PL and Sims Ave area!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    The traffic condition is the same as Orchard road before 2012.

The right question to ask is, why is the traffic here so heavy?

Is Jurong to Buona Vista traffic any better? Is Yishun / Sembawang really very much better?

With your this sentence I immediately know you don't live in around Orchard.

Traffic condition in Orchard area is ONLY bad on the short stretch of road between shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapore (and that is it! - and this is a stretch which we can bypass without even needing to use it to go to anywhere else in Singapore), the rest of the roads around Orchard are usually smooth flowing, with minimal heavy vehicles and lorries and container trucks. Not only that, there are so many alternate roads to get any other place in Singapore.

This is unlike Payar Lebar / Sims Ave area, where the traffic is very very heavy even during non-peak hours! And worst, they are the only main roads you must use to transerse PL and Sims Ave area!
    That is the exact reason why a development like this is built right next to a MRT exchange. Do see beyond the obvious and you will see more than dust, pollution and sometimes myopia.