Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paya Lebar Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    So for investors, the so call "higher yield" only kicks in after TOP but they continue to pay progressive payments and even drawn down their loan without collecting any rental for 4 long years. So for investors, it does not make sense to buy new launch. Investors should buy completed and less than 10 years apartment to get the higher yield right?

Most of these new launches are either shoe box or compact units. Not many owner occupiers are buying them. Hence, you will be surprise that many of these buyers are actually fairly new (less savvy) investors.
    Forget to include this group of cash tight investors/speculators. You think they are any less savvy? They are gamblers and not real investors.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Ai yoh, there is a group of property speculators/specu-vestors like my friend, who will buy new 99-years leasehold with little cash upfront (with progressive payment) and then flip to others within 10 years and let others hold the babies as the lease runs down...

Obviously for such people, they will tell you BRAND new or relatively new <10 years old properties are GOOD, 99-years leasehold properties doesn't matter and even better than freehold properties because LOWER PRICE and higher rental yield (but conveniently will not tell you 99-years leasehold means you collect rental for 99-years only vs freehold FOREVER and also the VALUE of your 99-years leasehold property is ZERO at the end of 99-years lease).......
    Forget to include this group of cash tight investors/speculators. You think they are any less savvy? They are gamblers and not real investors.

Do you prefer to collect $2500 rental for 30 years for a 99 year LH while you service loan, or $2000 for the same 30 years for a FH property? Adjusted to be same price, same mortgage.

This new old, FH LH, inference on whether people are savvy is just being judgemental. As long as they meet their objectives, who are we to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Ai yoh, there is a group of property speculators/specu-vestors like my friend, who will buy new 99-years leasehold with little cash upfront (with progressive payment) and then flip to others within 10 years and let others hold the babies as the lease runs down...

Obviously for such people, they will tell you BRAND new or relatively new <10 years old properties are GOOD, 99-years leasehold properties doesn't matter and even better than freehold properties because LOWER PRICE and higher rental yield (but conveniently will not tell you 99-years leasehold means you collect rental for 99-years only vs freehold FOREVER and also the VALUE of your 99-years leasehold property is ZERO at the end of 99-years lease).......
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Do you prefer to collect $2500 rental for 30 years for a 99 year LH while you service loan, or $2000 for the same 30 years for a FH property? Adjusted to be same price, same mortgage.

This new old, FH LH, inference on whether people are savvy is just being judgemental. As long as they meet their objectives, who are we to judge?
    different people deploy different strategies which they are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    different people deploy different strategies which they are comfortable with.
    Agree bro. Only the vested can be called investors (if they hold long) or specuvestors (if they hold short).

The non-vested at best can only be regarded as potential investors. While they should be patient to wait for the right product at the right price, waiting too long causes all opportunities (new, old, FH, LH) to be lost. They need to adjust their expectations of the market and themselves if need be.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

heard 260 out of 429 units sold = 60% sold.

Park Place Residences Showflat will be closed until further notice by developer.

Park Place Residences Showflat will be closed until further notice by developer.
    Wow, that's incredibly hot!

Indicative prices?

Maybe they think 1700-1900PSF is too low priced, wait for market to heat up more then release higher?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Wow, that's incredibly hot!

Indicative prices?

Maybe they think 1700-1900PSF is too low priced, wait for market to heat up more then release higher?
    where got so high? i thought it was 1600psf? but looks like they want to sell slowly at 1700 to 1900psf for the remaining units lol.

where got so high? i thought it was 1600psf? but looks like they want to sell slowly at 1700 to 1900psf for the remaining units lol.
    Actually 1600PSF still very steep whether is JG or PP... But this is a true demonstration of the overpowering pent up demand.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

hi, senior, my agent told me for 2 bedder with 1 washroom, price is about 1.16m for that on floor 12. is it worth to buy it? thanks.

Hahaha....👍🏻

Bull trap

Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post
    Bull trap
    Either that, or a new benchmark for OCR is being set.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

That would be more than $1.7K psf. Wow. Impressive.
    What would be the rental you expect or is this for own stay?

For 2 bedroom standard with just 1 bathroom, rental should be around 2500-2800.

https://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/c...irst-day-sales

The psf reported was over 2000 psf. Now JG looks cheap!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Either that, or a new benchmark for OCR is being set.
    This project is RCR, JG is OCR. That's the difference...

Pardon my ignorance.

I think it's time to redraw boundaries - it's confusing.

But 2000PSF is not exactly average in price even for RCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Veinman View Post
    This project is RCR, JG is OCR. That's the difference...
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 26-03-17 at 20:16.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Pardon my ignorance.

I think it's time to redraw boundaries - it's confusing.

But 2000PSF is not exactly average in price even for RCR.
    District 14 has always been RCR, so is district 15, which is close to the project from One KM onwards. It's ranging from 1600 to 2000psf, so average psf should be lower. As far as I know, CCR has an average of 2000psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona2004 View Post
    hi, senior, my agent told me for 2 bedder with 1 washroom, price is about 1.16m for that on floor 12. is it worth to buy it? thanks.
    sorry. no longer for sale till later and at a higher price.

"The showsuites will be closed after just one day of sales, according to Lendlease in a statement on March 26. Details of the phase 2 sales launch will be released later this year. Prices of the remaining units are forecast to increase as future announcements are made about the upcoming Grade-A offices, shopping mall, the plaza and parkland, as well as the greater Paya Lebar Central area."

ho seh liao lor. now can hang up and sell already. marketing strategy which agents can now use to "scare" buyers for the upcoming Seaside and ARTA next month.

District 14 has always been RCR, so is district 15, which is close to the project from One KM onwards. It's ranging from 1600 to 2000psf, so average psf should be lower. As far as I know, CCR has an average of 2000psf.
    Thanks for educating.

I mean to say even CCR in some cases are selling below these levels say 1800PSF, but of course there are many factors like size and microlocation.

Not really monitoring this one as out of bullets at the moment.
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 26-03-17 at 21:07.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Not true, on district 14 geylang and paya lebar RCR, eunos kembangan OCR.

Many got the same, district 20 (bishan rcr amk ocr), district 02 (tj pagar ccr outram rcr), district 15 (marine parade and tj rhu rcr others ocr)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post
    Not true, on district 14 geylang and paya lebar RCR, eunos kembangan OCR.

Many got the same, district 20 (bishan rcr amk ocr), district 02 (tj pagar ccr outram rcr), district 15 (marine parade and tj rhu rcr others ocr)
    Thanks for correcting, you are right, not all area within same district belongs to same region. For D15, katong is also RCR.

Tend to hate those labelling, does not always fit well with reality. Know one guy who bought new mt sophia condo just because its on district 9. For me its location and tenant market is even less than bugis.

But since it is so confusing, the most important issue is whether the classification is still relevant.

What is the real functional significance of the classification?

Distance from city centre makes a bit of sense, or distance from centre of SG, but what is the reason that even in a district must split so finely?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Yah I think Pasir Panjang is RCR but cross over Clementi road becomes OCR.

Is there any difference in amenity or infrastructure planning, schools, density or other considerations for the different regions?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Yah I think Pasir Panjang is RCR but cross over Clementi road becomes OCR.

Is there any difference in amenity or infrastructure planning, schools, density or other considerations for the different regions?
    cross clementi road got hdb = OCR lol.

My friend bought a 1 bedder unit at PPR for investment at $1750 psf. Do you think is a good buy?