Thread: 1 Toilet with 2 doors (1 room condo)

Default 1 Toilet with 2 doors (1 room condo)

Hi All, need suggestions / ideas as i newly purchased a 1 room condo but the toilet has 2 doors - 1 to the bedroom, 1 access from common area. due to the limited space at common area (which i am also thinking to make sure of the space as dining area), is it possible to camouflage the toilet door facing common area? my ID suggested to do feature wall, which cost $2k ro $3k as need to do for the whole piece of wall (which include the tv console area, bedroom door etc) i dont think it is worth it.. anyone has the similar unit and do something to the door???

Quote Originally Posted by leafe View Post
    Hi All, need suggestions / ideas as i newly purchased a 1 room condo but the toilet has 2 doors - 1 to the bedroom, 1 access from common area. due to the limited space at common area (which i am also thinking to make sure of the space as dining area), is it possible to camouflage the toilet door facing common area? my ID suggested to do feature wall, which cost $2k ro $3k as need to do for the whole piece of wall (which include the tv console area, bedroom door etc) i dont think it is worth it.. anyone has the similar unit and do something to the door???
    Sounds like Loft@Nathan ... ?

seal up one of the wall...either the common area wall or the wall in the bedroom..cos when I want to buy your unit...I also thinking to knock down the built in wardrobe and seal up the wall in the bedroom so that there is some space in the bedroom to place the beds....

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post
    seal up one of the wall...either the common area wall or the wall in the bedroom..cos when I want to buy your unit...I also thinking to knock down the built in wardrobe and seal up the wall in the bedroom so that there is some space in the bedroom to place the beds....
    But knock down the wardrobe then the clothes put where? I also thinking of sealing up one of the door but not sure will regret later for the convenient/accessibility or not

But knock down the wardrobe then the clothes put where? I also thinking of sealing up one of the door but not sure will regret later for the convenient/accessibility or not
    bombshelter but the bombshelter near the door...

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post
    bombshelter but the bombshelter near the door...
    ya lo... very weird to walk to the bombshelter to take clothes and the bombshelter is very small!! i asked the quote for pole system which cost around 2k+ to do it... for such a small space. wanna minimizing the work, else dont know can move in by this year or not... (still need to treat the termites, booklice, mold etc of the unit.. headache) totally in dilemma

ya lo... very weird to walk to the bombshelter to take clothes and the bombshelter is very small!! i asked the quote for pole system which cost around 2k+ to do it... for such a small space. wanna minimizing the work, else dont know can move in by this year or not... (still need to treat the termites, booklice, mold etc of the unit.. headache) totally in dilemma
    1. Do you expect loads of guests regularly? If no, can consider sealing up the toilet door access from common area so you can have a dinning area, albeit small but better than none and oso not one facing the toilet entrance as you eat.
    However, guests will need to enter toilet via your bedroom.

2. There are much more space savers type of furniture these days compared to donkey years ago where houses are more spacious that ppl need decorative stuff to fill up. Like I mentioned b4 go for practicability first and aesthetics is a bonus. Needless to say if you can find stuff that meet both criteria grab liao... Oh.... Provided moolah enuff. 😂

3. Things that you do not need often store in uppermost cupboard space. Built up wardrobe to the ceiling height and space around windows can double up as benches with storage space etc. You need to throw out things you never knew existed for the past 20 years and likely won't miss or use in the next 20. If everything sentimental value then consider renting external storage but this means extra moolah to cough up.

4. Get very hands on and walk around furniture malls for ideas to maximise space and compare prices. Choose own stuff, the ID's ideas mayb nice but he's not staying in with you right? 😂

Lastly, if you ever get another place, if can get brand new if not get a friend or family member to go along for the viewing. You are much too impulsive and naive. Oh yeah leave cheque book at home and go for second or third viewings at different times of the day/night to feel out the place.

Good luck and hopefully your home is truly one where you can relax and enjoy.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Psalms View Post
    1. Do you expect loads of guests regularly? If no, can consider sealing up the toilet door access from common area so you can have a dinning area, albeit small but better than none and oso not one facing the toilet entrance as you eat.
    However, guests will need to enter toilet via your bedroom.

2. There are much more space savers type of furniture these days compared to donkey years ago where houses are more spacious that ppl need decorative stuff to fill up. Like I mentioned b4 go for practicability first and aesthetics is a bonus. Needless to say if you can find stuff that meet both criteria grab liao... Oh.... Provided moolah enuff. ��

3. Things that you do not need often store in uppermost cupboard space. Built up wardrobe to the ceiling height and space around windows can double up as benches with storage space etc. You need to throw out things you never knew existed for the past 20 years and likely won't miss or use in the next 20. If everything sentimental value then consider renting external storage but this means extra moolah to cough up.

4. Get very hands on and walk around furniture malls for ideas to maximise space and compare prices. Choose own stuff, the ID's ideas mayb nice but he's not staying in with you right? ��

Lastly, if you ever get another place, if can get brand new if not get a friend or family member to go along for the viewing. You are much too impulsive and naive. Oh yeah leave cheque book at home and go for second or third viewings at different times of the day/night to feel out the place.

Good luck and hopefully your home is truly one where you can relax and enjoy.

Cheers
    ya, #1, high chance i will seal up the door facing common area since not expecting many guests very often. for #3, i am currently clearing things slowly at my existing place. so by then should be lesser items, but as girls, pile up things quite fast (through the convenient of online purchase), will do sufficient storage cabinets. #4, the problem is, the more i see the more ideas which i want to do yet i dont wish to blow up my budget for reno as well.

ya,hopefully next round i can get someone who is experience to give advice when viewing resale unit.

I saw some pictures of your development and unit layout from propertyguru. If me I will just leave it, don't need to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    I saw some pictures of your development and unit layout from propertyguru. If me I will just leave it, don't need to do anything.
    leave the 2 toilet doors?

and any ideas how to keep the low humidity in the toilet since there is no window and the doors are expected to close most of time...

Sorry to say but your seem to have bought something without really considering it thoroughly ...

leave the 2 toilet doors?
    Yup, they look fine to me.

and any ideas how to keep the low humidity in the toilet since there is no window and the doors are expected to close most of time...
    Usually toilet without window has a ventilation fan at the false ceiling. Can also place dehumidifier pack too. The sliding door to the bedroom can be kept open.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    Sorry to say but your seem to have bought something without really considering it thoroughly ...
    it seems like im an impulsive buyer... now trying to make it worthwhile and making it a home im proud of. at the meantime, also taking it as a lesson learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Usually toilet without window has a ventilation fan at the false ceiling. Can also place dehumidifier pack too. The sliding door to the bedroom can be kept open.
    i think this can wait till i take the key to see if there is a ventilation (din really notice). or perhaps, after staying some time, if the humidity is bad (mold attack) then i will place the dehumidifier. now i learn to observe situation before getting things that are not required.

it seems like im an impulsive buyer... now trying to make it worthwhile and making it a home im proud of. at the meantime, also taking it as a lesson learnt.
    Impulsive yes. But buying home sooner or later you will realise is good kind of impulsive buying. It just is a bit more costly and time consuming if you get something not well aligned to your needs.

I think you will do fine.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.