Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renovation works require deposit

Just wondering how long prior to the reno need to inform MCST?

Quote Originally Posted by leafe View Post
    Just wondering how long prior to the reno need to inform MCST?

It may differs from mcst to mcst.

Actually i am also renovating my condo unit now.. will take 3 months ... very major ....

i informed MCST 3 weeks ahead , Submit renov plans etc for approval ...

no harm inform mcst early ...

sometimes .... if there arent enough elevators, and a few units reno at the same time, they may not approve yours... so submit early ..

luckily saw this post... called my MCST to check. the deposit is $1000, asked them how they determinate the damage is caused by my contractor, they cannot answer me. Just keep saying that it is refundable if no damage is found.

So it should be paid by Contractor on this amount?

Quote Originally Posted by leafe View Post
    luckily saw this post... called my MCST to check. the deposit is $1000, asked them how they determinate the damage is caused by my contractor, they cannot answer me. Just keep saying that it is refundable if no damage is found.

So it should be paid by Contractor on this amount?
    u have to pay. if u ask ur contractor pay they will say they will not take ur job. or they factor the 1K into the bill to u.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    u have to pay. if u ask ur contractor pay they will say they will not take ur job. or they factor the 1K into the bill to u.
    it depends

so far all my reno the deposit is paid by contractors.

Like i mentioned to threadstarter earlier ... it depends on the project amount ..

my contract for the reno is $xxx,xxx so the contractor jolly well pay for the depo ..
    there will be a huge amount of big items in and out of lift, etc ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast