Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying of a resale condo

any locksmith can choose for condos? as in any different in those which usually do for HDB?

Quote Originally Posted by leafe View Post
    what you said is true. better change now, rather than move in already then cannot stand with the defects/wear and tear of the existing cabinets... ended up becomes eye-sore. will need to evaluate again tomorrow after i turn on the electricity supplies.

But just wondering, how to control the electricity usage cos i scared the contractor anyhow on the air con etc.

And I want to change the main door lock + mailbox lock but how do i go about? i search online, mostly are digital lock or padlock... cos condos are those normal wooden door lock..

For me, i changed my main door lock to digital ... Hate carrying keys , risk losing the keys also.

Mail box lock .... you need to 'wait' for postman to come ... then change the lock..

any locksmith can choose for condos? as in any different in those which usually do for HDB?

same

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    For me, i changed my main door lock to digital ... Hate carrying keys , risk losing the keys also.

Mail box lock .... you need to 'wait' for postman to come ... then change the lock..
    Eh... why need to wait for the postman?

The ID need my keys, so will change after reno is done. Once and for all.

anyone can advice which type of nippon paint to use? a contractor quoted me $500 for vinilex 5000 whole house... but not sure should use those anti-fungus or mold or not

Eh... why need to wait for the postman?

The ID need my keys, so will change after reno is done. Once and for all.

For letter box...most if not all letter box nowadays ... postman has master key ...

to change the individual lock, you need to open the main big panel first ... hence need to wait for postman ... if not you check with you MA (management agent, mcst) see if they have the key.. my understanding is ... ONLY postman holds the master key

as for your main door ... look up SAMSUNG etc ... they have quite nice digital lock ... there are also some where they can go to your unit to assess and recommend which model to use..

on the spot you can buy and they change for you ..

you can set your own password which is numeric ... it also comes with 2 tags ...

pass the tags to your ID ...

that way they wont know your pass word ...

to be safe ... once everything is done ... change the password again

Oh din know the letter box key thingy. Lucky haven't trigger the locksmith. Now having dilemma if want to change now or after reno since my ID is holding to my key..