Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Leasehold versus Freehold - the Comparison Continues (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Bro, you will find that you have the best answer that no one in this forum can advise you on.

I focus on three things for own stay first property.

1. Utility - how much you can use the place. The best is your children study there, you and spouse work nearby and your parents live nearby.

2. Affordability - if I have 1.8 million, I have the tendency to split it to buy 2 properties, or to leave some buffer. Unless it is not possible due to the constraints of point 1.

3. Long term development of the area which ties in with purpose of use and exit plan. Need to know your targeted timeline and longer term purpose etc. Do you intend to have only 1 mega property or plan to have more? Are you comfortable to rent out and is rental income compatible with your main income at your targeted exit points?

More questions that you need to be aware of than you realise actually.
    Many buy property don't use OPM because they got Money, some got so much go Holiday on Business Class with kid.

Your circle also determine your risk appetite, circle yourself with poor people can only made you poorer whereas with rich or wealthy you see thing in a different angle.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 14-12-17 at 03:04.

Agree. We are talking about investment but he was asking about first property. So I assumed own stay. I also assumed 1.8 mil based on max he can pay and loan. If got 1.8 mil cash and CPF the possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Many buy property don't use OPM because they got Money, some got so much go Holiday on Business Class with kid.

Your circle also determine your risk appetite, circle yourself with poor people can only made you poorer whereas with rich or wealthy you see thing in a different angle.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

circle yourself with all the "rich/ wealthy" you can also pick up many bad habits.

is good to have balance. those friends of mine who have less material things (don't say poor la hor) also give me good perspective on life.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have been told that since a few years ago, gov has changed their strategy and they will no longer increase the plot ratio of 99-years leasehold land while it is being occupied. That means, even if they want to revise the plot ratio for 99-years leasehold land, they will do so only after they have taken back the land at the end of the 99 years lease.
    So people who hope to buy old low floor 99-years leasehold developments now for plot ratio increase and enbloc windfall would just be dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Most important is how rare low floor developments would be in the future.

But generally, it would be a safer bet than developments with tall buildings and every area developed.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I have been told that since a few years ago, gov has changed their strategy and they will no longer increase the plot ratio of 99-years leasehold land while it is being occupied. That means, even if they want to revise the plot ratio for 99-years leasehold land, they will do so only after they have taken back the land at the end of the 99 years lease.
    So people who hope to buy old low floor 99-years leasehold developments now for plot ratio increase and enbloc windfall would just be dreaming!
    Agree, the government going to spend billion and let the 99 years leasehold rot beside the billion dollar spend just like Golden Mile.