Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Seaside Residences at Siglap Road by FCL

among the government land sales sites, after seaside, artra and martin modern (may/june), there will be a hiatus and for H2, there's only a bukit batok and fernvale site (Singholdings/Wee Hur said launch closer to year END). there're not enough new launches to go around. pent-up demand is going to be very strong by year end.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    among the government land sales sites, after seaside, artra and martin modern (may/june), there will be a hiatus and for H2, there's only a bukit batok and fernvale site (Singholdings/Wee Hur said launch closer to year END). there're not enough new launches to go around. pent-up demand is going to be very strong by year end.
    Thats a good observation bargain hunter. ARTRA and Martin Modern are up next. Anyone else know what is upcoming for 1H or before June 2017?

For 2H 2017, couple of re-launches will still drive market activity such as Phase IIs of Marina One, PPR, Seaside, ARTRA, Principal Garden and Martin Modern etc.

Is this an inflection point where we will see stabilisation from over-supply or 'V' rebound long overdue post CMs since late 2013 (14 Quarters of engineered decline). I am not so sure of the strong V rebound, heres why despite low interest rates and CM tweaks.

Here are some tick boxes to be checked off IMHO:
    1) Transaction volume is higher compared to previous quarters, both for new and resale to be sustainable for at least a 4-8 quarters.
    2) Developers are aggressively bidding and are willing to pay high prices for land bank
    3) Lower supply of land in the next 4 quarters or more
    4) PSF prices is on the increase even for resale, not just new launches
    5) Rental psf is moving up, same for tenancy volume. Applies for HDB too.
    6) En-bloc sales are successful. High number of bids from developers, it means they are really after land beyond GLS.
    7) More foreign developers are showing confidence of SG. Coming in as joint consortiums for larger bids, breaking new records for micro-location/District
    8) Local wealthy individuals are buying large amount of private properties in tune to hundreds of million in value
    9) Key infrastructure completion (drive market optimism to surrounding properties and prices)
    10) Completion of key mega infrastructures (DTL Stage III) or new towns refurbishment/developments.

Can you think of any other factors?

Point 5 and 6 is questionable to me. Even if transaction volumes are up, transacted psf broke record etc, rental to me is a key determinant of healthy, sustainable property recovery. I do not really think we are seeing that YET today. What we are seeing now is a coincidental successive launch of a few notable, rare projects which is driving market optimism. Please let me know what do you think?

For en-bloc, lets watch and see if developers are willing to pay higher dollar than before.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

i think the very glaring one is that there is not enough mass market new launches coming!

there are still some projects with significant balance units to go but more in RCR (less affordable) than in OCR:

CCR
    Marina One with 654
    Sophia Hills 287

OCR:
    kingsford waterbay 550
    Parc Riviera 296
    Symphony Suites 254
    Clement Canopy 239
    Grandeur Park 236
    ALPS Resi 230

RCR:
    Queens Peak 415
    Sims Urban Oasis 347
    The Crest 311
    Commonwealth Towers 306
    Gem Residences 260
    Principal Garden 234
    Park Place 212

correction: in total there are about 4,500 units each of balance unsold units in OCR (excluding EC) (4.6k+) and RCR (4.4k+) but logically, there should be more demand for more affordable OCR meaning that segment is undersupplied?

also, as seen above, among the projects that have 200 units or more unsold, RCR has more of such projects and totalling more units.

i would also not consider seaside residences as OCR mass market supply since the average psf is 1700psf and there could be some of such projects hidden in OCR which is not mass market.
    Last edited by bargain hunter; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    i think the very glaring one is that there is not enough mass market new launches coming!

there are still some projects with significant balance units to go but more in RCR (less affordable) than in OCR:

CCR
    Marina One with 654
    Sophia Hills 287

OCR:
    kingsford waterbay 550
    Parc Riviera 296
    Symphony Suites 254
    Clement Canopy 239
    Grandeur Park 236
    ALPS Resi 230

RCR:
    Queens Peak 415
    Sims Urban Oasis 347
    The Crest 311
    Commonwealth Towers 306
    Gem Residences 260
    Principal Garden 234
    Park Place 212
    Great summary of unsold/new units. Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast