Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaside Residences at Siglap Road by FCL

Default Seaside Residences at Siglap Road by FCL

Seaside Residences is a new condo launch slated to be launched very soon. Preliminary information is out only to appointed developer sales team. Build in the heart is East Coast, it would be an exclusive 843 units on 4 tower blocks. Most of its units will have its individual unblocked direct sea view. Facilities will be both on the first floor and the 14th storey, captivating the views around the development.

Seaside Residences is located in District 15 on Siglap Road. Its strategic location next to the Victoria school is most attractive with direct access to the rejuvenated East Coast Beach. There you could enjoy your lifestyle exercises with the family or to the East Coast Seafood Centre for your meals. It is also close proximity to Parkway Parade and the exciting Tanjong Katong area for eateries and entertainment. The most exciting part of this new development near Siglap MRT is that the station will be ready in a few years. It will be a stone throw away from the development.

For those who are interested to come visit the showflat could contact the developer sales team for this new launch condo. Seaside Residences showflat location is on-site. There will also be shutter bus services from Bedok MRT which is also a close proximity to Seaside Residences. Register with us for your CondolaunchSG VVIP Invite.

Was at the preview for Seaside Residences on Sunday. Developer really maximised its land use for residential usage but less so for recreational. Residents will need to share quite a fair bit other than the mind blowing 100m length pool. 800+ units and one tennis court for example.

This sizeable development will need a fair bit of buyer discernment (ballot luck too) in terms of unit selection along with floor height consideration. Having stayed along Meyer Road with similar sea facing views, not every stack-unit is worth the asking price ($2+mil). It is midway from town to airport and MRT will only be ready 2023 (estimated). There are not many amenities around Siglap as it is quite low density at the moment. Low density is a plus point if you want to get away from the crowd and live along the East Coast. Not forgetting the East Coast Village Hawker is also one underpass away.

IMHO, those stack facing the sea have to be about 15 stories should factor in the road noise (living next to the highway is not for everyone, for me its been close to 30 years, it does drive me nuts occasionally) and if West sun facing, consider this too. The corner stack facing MBS and sea views are excellent. If not, the corner stack facing the East at the other corner are also good choice. They did fly a drone and captured the 20th storey view in video which buyers should not miss.

Buyers should also consider the unblocked views facing the low lying Siglap/Frankel Avenue estate. The height to me is less of a factor in this case. The side gate which leads to them should be part of the development planning but was left out.

I do believe Bayshore area HDB might materialise soon, this will bring about more vibrancy to the East Coast. Future Seaside Residences owner might look forward to them for future purchase of their units. Maybe smaller 1 bedroom or 2 bedders since the entry price now is rather high.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...-new-hdb-flats

All the best to those who threw in a cheque for Phase 1 balloting.

PS. Developers who did not successfully purchased this plot will continue to keep a lookout for such eastern sea facing land which might trigger more en-bloc opportunities in the East. D15 is maintaining its shine.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

I only like the seaview from those condos at tj rhu, sentosa or kallang area. East coast view get so many container ships, facing highway, and sky not so clear nowadays.

I wish east coast has some iconic building like sky habitat @bishan. It such a waste to be built there (surronding has ugly view)

HDB resale at MP how to crash, who care how many years of lease left.

It got nothing to do with the lease balance, they just getting everyone ready for 60 years lease.

Still waiting for Durian to drop, wait till they announce guess can only eat durian flavor ice cream.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa.../marine-parade

45 Marine Crescent

A1 decor 4 room flat at high floor with totally unblocked view for sale!

Asking 629,888 negotiable

4'i' - with upgraded utility room - 88 sqm / 947 sqft

Remaining lease 57 years

High floor - door to door unit

Living room is with unblocked sea view

Master room is with unblocked city view

NS orientation, no west sun
    Last edited by Arcachon; 10-04-17 at 16:00.

Wont crash lah as long economy still growing.

HK rising so high oready also wont crash. There is chance SG to follow, just wait and see.

my relative owns a unit on the 19th floor at Seafront@meyer ..180 deg view in front and another 45 deg of view Stadium view/ Sunset view

both the ECP noise is unbearable..

any idea .. how high before the noise starts to reduce?

This little research suggested the noise level to be about the same on high floor.

To have quieter unit on condo facing highway pick low floor. Otherwise get a good soundproof glass.

http://www.noiseandhealth.org/articl...;aulast=Bhanap

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Noise travel in all directions, and the further it needs to travel, it softer it will become.
    So picking low floor is not really the solution, if the low floor is unblock as well.
    There is a belief that low floor is quieter than higher floor, but that is just a myth, and it happened because frequently low floor are "blocked", so the "blockage" (no view) also blocks the noise.
    By right the higher floor you go, the quieter it should be (relative to lower floor), provided there is no echo to reflect more sound into your unit.............

Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post
    This little research suggested the noise level to be about the same on high floor.

To have quieter unit on condo facing highway pick low floor. Otherwise get a good soundproof glass.

http://www.noiseandhealth.org/articl...;aulast=Bhanap
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    my relative owns a unit on the 19th floor at Seafront@meyer ..180 deg view in front and another 45 deg of view Stadium view/ Sunset view

To know how loud is the sound, one just needs to know what is sound.

The sound is just the lower spectrum of light.

Sound travel in a straight line and reflect from the object just like light.

https://www.google.co.il/search?q=ho...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    how come it is www.google.co.il ?
    are you in israel currently ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post

Actually, it is a facing issue beyond the height. There is only one block which I visited at Seafront during its launch that has significant reduced road noise. That is the block facing the east sun but slightly recessed from the rest. It is built closer to Meyer Road at an angle. I still remember it has 4 bedrooms (about 1,800+ sqft?) and going for about $4mil a few years back. Top floor. This is a great unit.

After so many years, I think I have gotten used to it but on some nights, it can be a real bother. The best is to construct double walled glass window. Not endorsing anyone but here is a link I found that does this in Singapore. The noise insulation is through the glazing. Unless for own stay, investors should not commit to such treatment, it can be quite costly. It reminded me of the units in PPR which is facing the mall (giant aircon compressors) and main road which might really come in handy.

http://www.grillesnglass.com/glass-w...proof-windows/

2 cents,
    PropVestor

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    how come it is www.google.co.il ?
    are you in israel currently ?
    Nope in Russia.

https://www.google.ru/?hl=en#newwindow=1&hl=en&q=sound+

Property spy spotted!!!

Pent-up demand expected for Seaside Residences in Siglap

It will be first project to be built along the ECP in 15 years

Saturday, April 8, 2017

by Lynette Khoo
    [email protected]
    @LynetteKhooBT

MARKET WATCHERS are anticipating strong pent-up demand for the upcoming condominium project at Siglap Link by Singapore-listed Frasers Centrepoint Limited by virtue of its location and palatable price quantums for the smaller units.

The launch, scheduled on April 22 after a two-week preview starting this weekend, comes on the heels of strong sales in earlier launches this year.

The 843-unit Seaside Residences will be the first new project built along the East Coast Parkway (ECP) in 15 years, with unblocked sea views when ready in 2021.

The one-bedders (420-506 square feet) are priced from S$690,000 to S$1.05 million while the one-plus-study units (560- 592 sq ft) are from S$886,000 to S$1.16 million. Two-bedroom units are priced from S$977,000 to S$1.6 million, the three- bedders are in the range of S$1.45 million to S$2.33 million and the four-bedders are in the region of S$2.29-3.08 million. There is also a five-bedroom penthouse measuring 3,294 sq ft and two commercial units.

Some sources estimate the average pricing for the residential units in the 99-year leasehold project to be S$1,600-1,650 per square foot (psf).

"The launch timing is good as it follows on the momentum created by earlier launches such as The Clement Canopy, Grandeur Park Residences and Park Place Residences and the positive publicity generated," said JLL national director of research Ong Teck Hui.

"Secondly, the launch is also after the release of the flash estimates which show that non-landed prices may be headed for stability and this is likely to have a positive effect on buyers," he added.

For the first time after 13 quarters of decline, the price index for non-landed private homes in the first quarter of this year remained flat, after easing 0.8 per cent quarter-on-quarter in Q4 2016, official flash estimates show. The overall private home price index eased 0.5 per cent quarter on quarter in Q1, unchanged from the preceding quarter.

SLP International executive director Nicholas Mak noted that there have been few new condominium projects launched in District 15 in the past three years. Hence, Seaside Residences could enjoy some pent-up demand from the largely middle-class buyers in that location.

CapitaLand also officially launched last month a District 15 project, Marine Blue in Marine Parade, at an average of S$1,700 psf, after moving 38 units since a soft launch more than two years ago. The 124-unit freehold project received its temporary occupation permit (TOP) in October last year.

Edmund Tie & Company's head of South-east Asian research Lee Nai Jia noted that the residential resale market in District 15 has been among the most active given its proximity to East Coast Park and the short driving distance to the CBD. With the upcoming Siglap MRT station being a three-minute walk to Seaside Residences, the rental prospects also look promising.

About 70 per cent of the units at Seaside Residences are sea-facing; the development site coverage is only 23.4 per cent of the site.

Frasers Centrepoint Singapore head of development and projects Cheang Kok Kheong said he expects this project to generate strong interest from new homebuyers and investors. "Singapore's eastern precinct is seeing development of large government-spearheaded projects like Jewel at Changi Airport, and Changi Airport's Terminal 4 and 5. These projects will greatly boost the area as an all-inclusive hub for work and leisure, making it a choice investment," he added.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post
    Property spy spotted!!!
    For a moment I through CIA reply your post

My agent told me it's a full tentage of hopefuls. Overwhelming demand. PPR phase 2 is watching closely.

I think sales number will surprise Bargain Hunter. Heard 2 bdrm is going for above $1.8K psf.

Got the same feeling like in Jun 2006, don't know whether it will translate to Thousands and Million.

Quote Originally Posted by Khng8 View Post
    I think sales number will surprise Bargain Hunter. Heard 2 bdrm is going for above $1.8K psf.
    yes indeed. blown away liao. heard almost 400 sold yesterday alone.

Got the same feeling like in Jun 2006, don't know whether it will translate to Thousands and Million.
    good luck for artra next sat! huat ah! should be easily 200/400 sold for artra?

among the government land sales sites, after seaside, artra and martin modern (may/june), there will be a hiatus and for H2, there's only a bukit batok and fernvale site (Singholdings/Wee Hur said launch closer to year END). there're not enough new launches to go around. pent-up demand is going to be very strong by year end.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    among the government land sales sites, after seaside, artra and martin modern (may/june), there will be a hiatus and for H2, there's only a bukit batok and fernvale site (Singholdings/Wee Hur said launch closer to year END). there're not enough new launches to go around. pent-up demand is going to be very strong by year end.
    Thats a good observation bargain hunter. ARTRA and Martin Modern are up next. Anyone else know what is upcoming for 1H or before June 2017?

For 2H 2017, couple of re-launches will still drive market activity such as Phase IIs of Marina One, PPR, Seaside, ARTRA, Principal Garden and Martin Modern etc.

Is this an inflection point where we will see stabilisation from over-supply or 'V' rebound long overdue post CMs since late 2013 (14 Quarters of engineered decline). I am not so sure of the strong V rebound, heres why despite low interest rates and CM tweaks.

Here are some tick boxes to be checked off IMHO:
    1) Transaction volume is higher compared to previous quarters, both for new and resale to be sustainable for at least a 4-8 quarters.
    2) Developers are aggressively bidding and are willing to pay high prices for land bank
    3) Lower supply of land in the next 4 quarters or more
    4) PSF prices is on the increase even for resale, not just new launches
    5) Rental psf is moving up, same for tenancy volume. Applies for HDB too.
    6) En-bloc sales are successful. High number of bids from developers, it means they are really after land beyond GLS.
    7) More foreign developers are showing confidence of SG. Coming in as joint consortiums for larger bids, breaking new records for micro-location/District
    8) Local wealthy individuals are buying large amount of private properties in tune to hundreds of million in value
    9) Key infrastructure completion (drive market optimism to surrounding properties and prices)
    10) Completion of key mega infrastructures (DTL Stage III) or new towns refurbishment/developments.

Can you think of any other factors?

Point 5 and 6 is questionable to me. Even if transaction volumes are up, transacted psf broke record etc, rental to me is a key determinant of healthy, sustainable property recovery. I do not really think we are seeing that YET today. What we are seeing now is a coincidental successive launch of a few notable, rare projects which is driving market optimism. Please let me know what do you think?

For en-bloc, lets watch and see if developers are willing to pay higher dollar than before.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

i think the very glaring one is that there is not enough mass market new launches coming!

there are still some projects with significant balance units to go but more in RCR (less affordable) than in OCR:

CCR
    Marina One with 654
    Sophia Hills 287

OCR:
    kingsford waterbay 550
    Parc Riviera 296
    Symphony Suites 254
    Clement Canopy 239
    Grandeur Park 236
    ALPS Resi 230

RCR:
    Queens Peak 415
    Sims Urban Oasis 347
    The Crest 311
    Commonwealth Towers 306
    Gem Residences 260
    Principal Garden 234
    Park Place 212

correction: in total there are about 4,500 units each of balance unsold units in OCR (excluding EC) (4.6k+) and RCR (4.4k+) but logically, there should be more demand for more affordable OCR meaning that segment is undersupplied?

also, as seen above, among the projects that have 200 units or more unsold, RCR has more of such projects and totalling more units.

i would also not consider seaside residences as OCR mass market supply since the average psf is 1700psf and there could be some of such projects hidden in OCR which is not mass market.
    Last edited by bargain hunter; 24-04-17 at 12:49.

i think the very glaring one is that there is not enough mass market new launches coming!

there are still some projects with significant balance units to go but more in RCR (less affordable) than in OCR:

CCR
    Marina One with 654
    Sophia Hills 287

OCR:
    kingsford waterbay 550
    Parc Riviera 296
    Symphony Suites 254
    Clement Canopy 239
    Grandeur Park 236
    ALPS Resi 230

RCR:
    Queens Peak 415
    Sims Urban Oasis 347
    The Crest 311
    Commonwealth Towers 306
    Gem Residences 260
    Principal Garden 234
    Park Place 212
    Great summary of unsold/new units. Thanks!

Seaside Residences is matching and perhaps exceeding the price level (since this is average PSF) last seen in the King of OCR Jurong Gateway. The way forward should be very exciting, for the vested that is.

correction: in total there are about 4,500 units each of balance unsold units in OCR (excluding EC) (4.6k+) and RCR (4.4k+) but logically, there should be more demand for more affordable OCR meaning that segment is undersupplied?

also, as seen above, among the projects that have 200 units or more unsold, RCR has more of such projects and totalling more units.

i would also not consider seaside residences as OCR mass market supply since the average psf is 1700psf and there could be some of such projects hidden in OCR which is not mass market.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Seaside sold almost half of the units on Day 1, average PSF $1,700+:

http://theedgeproperty.com.sg/conten...launch-weekend

Over the weekend of April 22-23, Seaside Residences sold 392 units or 70% of 560 released. The average sale price was said to be $1,700 psf, which was above the original indicative price range of $1,550 to $1,650 psf.
    The 841-unit Seaside Residences is jointly developed by Frasers Centrepoint, Sekisui House and Keong Hong Holdings. “The strong sales results in this launch phase indicate that buyers value the rare and premium location of Seaside Residences, our thoughtful design and the building quality that Frasers Centrepoint is known for,” says Christopher Tang, CEO of Frasers Centrepoint Singapore.

About 60% of the buyers live in the east, and 30% from prime District 15 itself, which is where Seaside Residences is located. The project is within walking distance of the upcoming Siglap MRT station and the East Coast Park.

Over the weekend of April 22-23, Seaside Residences sold 392 units or 70% of 560 released. The average sale price was said to be $1,700 psf, which was above the original indicative price range of $1,550 to $1,650 psf.
    The 841-unit Seaside Residences is jointly developed by Frasers Centrepoint, Sekisui House and Keong Hong Holdings. “The strong sales results in this launch phase indicate that buyers value the rare and premium location of Seaside Residences, our thoughtful design and the building quality that Frasers Centrepoint is known for,” says Christopher Tang, CEO of Frasers Centrepoint Singapore.

About 60% of the buyers live in the east, and 30% from prime District 15 itself, which is where Seaside Residences is located. The project is within walking distance of the upcoming Siglap MRT station and the East Coast Park.
    Herdstinct is v strong in this project, I resist the stink and walk off.... wish tose who bought good luck 😉 I still prefer a quieter location and where anmeities are plenty, near city😉

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Herdstinct is v strong in this project, I resist the stink and walk off.... wish tose who bought good luck 😉 I still prefer a quieter location and where anmeities are plenty, near city😉
    Yeah the PSF is quite incredible.

Any particular projects in mind?