Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore property prices to double by 2030: Morgan Stanley

Default Reduce BTO supply.

A few points to ponder :

1. After what minister Wong said about buying OLD HDB, i am expecting HDB resale to slow down.
    Young couples will buy brand new ones from HDB.

Or they buy private condos, new and old....which have a higher chance of enbloc than HDB.

2. MS did not say, but as mentioned by PropVestor :
    The only way we can have such inflated prices by 2030 is simply adding migrants to Singapore which is not mentioned by MS.

The plan to increase our population is still alive. After much complaints about the quality of our FTs, the gate was 'shut'.
    I am sure, it will be opened again, and sooner than we think.

3. Comparing Singapore with China and Hong Kong, our prices have fallen far behind theirs. What more, many of ours are Freehold, while theirs are
    mostly leasehold.

I am not surprise if MS is right this time....

MS may be right after all, but only for freehold properties!
    99-years Leasehold? Better sell before the property has reach 20 years old (regardless of HDB or private)!

Enbloc? May be somebody could provide some data on how many % of 99-years leasehold private estates are successful in enbloc (could be quite small, just like HDB SERS)..........

The problem with 99-years LH enbloc is that these people after getting the money for say 70-years or 60-years lease compensation for their properties could not even buy a similar newer 99-years LH property because they just need to pay extra to top up to 99-years lease! That is the ultimate problem with leasehold properties - They just depreciate in value!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    A few points to ponder :

1. After what minister Wong said about buying OLD HDB, i am expecting HDB resale to slow down.

Or they buy private condos, new and old....which have a higher chance of enbloc than HDB.

The only way we can have such inflated prices by 2030 is simply adding migrants to Singapore which is not mentioned by MS.

The plan to increase our population is still alive. After much complaints about the quality of our FTs, the gate was 'shut'.

3. Comparing Singapore with China and Hong Kong, our prices have fallen far behind theirs. What more, many of ours are Freehold, while theirs are
    mostly leasehold.

I am not surprise if MS is right this time....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    A few points to ponder :

I would say the awaking of the young people to look at HDB as an investment instead of Self-stays.

It will not take long for them to know it is another good source of secondary income, simple math no Laplace transform or differential transformation.

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/dif...ce-transform-1

The plan is alive whether you like it or not, it just slows down not stop.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/documents-and-...kforce-numbers

This chart shows the steady increase of EP and S pass holders from 2012 to 2016 even after the watershed 2011 election and even as Singapore has gone through a drastic economic slowdown from 2015 onwards.

https://population.sg/articles/who-is-in-our-population
    Last edited by Arcachon; 14th April 2017 at 01:54 AM.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast