Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 20 of 97

Thread: Singapore property prices to double by 2030: Morgan Stanley

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Do not be naive to believe in whatever a journalist say. He or she could well have been paid by some developers to write this article as they hope for a good launch.
    I think it's a reasonable prediction. With other regional cities are catching up in infrastructures on the par with Sg, we can expect their property value to increase significantly. If Sg property price is to remain stagnant, it has negative economic implications.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Duo Residences
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    I think it's a reasonable prediction. With other regional cities are catching up in infrastructures on the par with Sg, we can expect their property value to increase significantly. If Sg property price is to remain stagnant, it has negative economic implications.
    Property prices anywhere is largely a supply and demand economics. The implications of those two factors are quite a few like population growth, GDP, interest rates, political stability and general perception towards a positive/negative future etc.

    It is true that I do not have access to the data that MS is looking at to state '5 to 6%' growth in prices. But to put it simply, doubling of prices in 13 years is a real blanket statement. The circumstantial facts that points toward that outcome in that article is IMHO very speculative and narrowed.

    If we really have this outcome, it will be really sad for our future generation as an even bigger segment of wealth will be held by a few and income gap will be further widened. SG may lose its price competitiveness to attract talents of ALL levels to come. Do we only want to see this place exclusive to the very wealthy only? I don't.

    I hate to see 2030 comes and when I turn 50 that year. Only the very rich can buy our apartments we buy today or the last few years. Example, 2030: CCR average $6,000 psf+. Yes, I will be happy with a sizable nest egg settlement but as a local, we need residential prices to rise slowly. Just taking a longer view of things.......

    2 cents,
    PropVestor

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,199

    Default

    What is the point of your CCR fetching $6000 psf for just a while for a 99-years leasehold property and it will ultimately becomes ZERO at the end of the 99-years lease?



    Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Property prices anywhere is largely a supply and demand economics. The implications of those two factors are quite a few like population growth, GDP, interest rates, political stability and general perception towards a positive/negative future etc.

    It is true that I do not have access to the data that MS is looking at to state '5 to 6%' growth in prices. But to put it simply, doubling of prices in 13 years is a real blanket statement. The circumstantial facts that points toward that outcome in that article is IMHO very speculative and narrowed.

    If we really have this outcome, it will be really sad for our future generation as an even bigger segment of wealth will be held by a few and income gap will be further widened. SG may lose its price competitiveness to attract talents of ALL levels to come. Do we only want to see this place exclusive to the very wealthy only? I don't.

    I hate to see 2030 comes and when I turn 50 that year. Only the very rich can buy our apartments we buy today or the last few years. Example, 2030: CCR average $6,000 psf+. Yes, I will be happy with a sizable nest egg settlement but as a local, we need residential prices to rise slowly. Just taking a longer view of things.......

    2 cents,
    PropVestor

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Do not be naive to believe in whatever a journalist say. He or she could well have been paid by some developers to write this article as they hope for a good launch.
    This particular report is from MS, Morgan Stanley.

    It is meant for their internal clients.

    Very often these reports get 'leaked' ..

    I am 100 pct certain, no developer will / can/ able to, pay a bank analyst to write something to boost their sales..

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Do not be naive to believe in whatever a journalist say. He or she could well have been paid by some developers to write this article as they hope for a good launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    I think it's a reasonable prediction. With other regional cities are catching up in infrastructures on the par with Sg, we can expect their property value to increase significantly. If Sg property price is to remain stagnant, it has negative economic implications.
    MAS already said that prices (only declined by about 12% from the peak) has not corrected to reasonable level only early this year. During GE 2011, price level was at about what it is now, had vote swung more than 12%. LKY admitted that the poor showing in GE 2011 was due to high property prices. With price correction only by just 12%, the government must be insane to allow prices to go up from here when it has admitted that prices have not corrected to reasonable level. The government will not allow prices to double by 2030 within the next 13 years and that can be very certain. For Morgan Stanley's writer to even write such a piece of article is like generating "fake news" to benefit some interest groups like the rich and powerful developers themselves.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •