Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore property prices to double by 2030: Morgan Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Do not be naive to believe in whatever a journalist say. He or she could well have been paid by some developers to write this article as they hope for a good launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    This particular report is from MS, Morgan Stanley.

It is meant for their internal clients.

Very often these reports get 'leaked' ..

I am 100 pct certain, no developer will / can/ able to, pay a bank analyst to write something to boost their sales..
    Many listed companies and Chinese companies are doing that especially if their target readers are the HNW (high networth) clients around the world.

The US financial meltdown was mainly due to banks like Goldman Sache and these banks' analysts. They are well rewarded by the rich and the powerful and also the people in power.

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Property prices anywhere is largely a supply and demand economics. The implications of those two factors are quite a few like population growth, GDP, interest rates, political stability and general perception towards a positive/negative future etc.

It is true that I do not have access to the data that MS is looking at to state '5 to 6%' growth in prices. But to put it simply, doubling of prices in 13 years is a real blanket statement. The circumstantial facts that points toward that outcome in that article is IMHO very speculative and narrowed.

If we really have this outcome, it will be really sad for our future generation as an even bigger segment of wealth will be held by a few and income gap will be further widened. SG may lose its price competitiveness to attract talents of ALL levels to come. Do we only want to see this place exclusive to the very wealthy only? I don't.

I hate to see 2030 comes and when I turn 50 that year. Only the very rich can buy our apartments we buy today or the last few years. Example, 2030: CCR average $6,000 psf+. Yes, I will be happy with a sizable nest egg settlement but as a local, we need residential prices to rise slowly. Just taking a longer view of things.......

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Only Time can tell what will be the price of property in 2030.

I can only say, if one can afford to buy and not buy now then when is a good time to buy.

Remember your Timeline is getting shorter by the day and in no time 10 years will past by without you knowing.

2006 was a time when I can buy but don't dare to buy, fortunate for me a friend show me the right way.

After all the money printing, property only got one direction. They can only do so much to hold the price, Time will still show the right price.

Just remember how many 10 years do you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Only Time can tell what will be the price of property in 2030.

I can only say, if one can afford to buy and not buy now then when is a good time to buy.

Remember your Timeline is getting shorter by the day and in no time 10 years will past by without you knowing.

2006 was a time when I can buy but don't dare to buy, fortunate for me a friend show me the right way.

After all the money printing, property only got one direction. They can only do so much to hold the price, Time will still show the right price.

Just remember how many 10 years do you have.

You always talk about your purchase in year 2006 which was the year the market was at its lowest and many people fear of buying. I can only say either you are lucky or your timing was perfect then. Why don't you talk about your recent purchases between 2011 and 2013 when you bought at the high?

Indeed, we may not have many ten years to wait. However, we should bear in mind that property is not the only asset class worth investing.

We should not be overly concern with people who can afford to buy multiple properties for investment. If they are rich, no problem for them to take the risk. If they are not rich, they pray hard for the market to work their way. It is the group who save every penny to invest in their only property that need to be cautioned. For this group, it is worth waiting for the next ten years.

If you buy a FH property, anytime is a good buy because wait for 100 years and your FH property will be MUCH MORE valuable vs if you buy a 99-years LH property and wait for 99 years and your property VALUE is ZERO...............

People will say you never live that long......
    Well, when you have a lot of capital, and you want to pass on to your descendants, that is the kind of time frame you will then be looking at to preserve your capital............

Not like many people, as their 99-years leasehold property become older, they will try all means to convince others that 99-years LH property is worth buying so that they can flip their "aging babies" to them............

Even if your HDB flat is worth $1M now at 30 years old, it will only become $ZERO in another 69 years time! Time for these people to wake up their idea now with MND Minister's message and all those news now in Main stream media.............

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    You always talk about your purchase in year 2006 which was the year the market was at its lowest and many people fear of buying. I can only say either you are lucky or your timing was perfect then. Why don't you talk about your recent purchases between 2011 and 2013 when you bought at the high?

Indeed, we may not have many ten years to wait. However, we should bear in mind that property is not the only asset class worth investing.

We should not be overly concern with people who can afford to buy multiple properties for investment. If they are rich, no problem for them to take the risk. If they are not rich, they pray hard for the market to work their way. It is the group who save every penny to invest in their only property that need to be cautioned. For this group, it is worth waiting for the next ten years.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast