Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: URA: Max 6 Tenants in Private Properties

OCR properties going to crash! teddybear's Avatar

Airbnb are still advertising daily rentals for private properties, and they didn't bother to enforce? Otherwise why nobody get caught yet?

They can set all kind of laws they want, but if they don't enforce, it is just that - "a piece of paper"! People then think that they can just ignore the "law" because they are just for "show", wayang...............

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    hmm...about 2.5 months from passing law to URA issue guideline.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/politics...-under-new-law
    it was mentioned that article
    "The new law will also limit the number of unrelated tenants in private apartments to six, down from the currently allowed eight. "

will it have any impact ?
    no aware of any news of actions taken against AirBnb and those hosts despite new law being passed in 2017-02-26.

those who stayed within the old guideline (8) will continue to stay in the new guideline (6).
    those who stay on the gray area will continue to stay in the gray area.
    does the above guideline forbid hot bunking? it maybe interpreted that only 6 occupants INSIDE the unit at the same time. with hotbunking, a total of 18 occupants, 6 at each 8hour time slots.

Likely to be based on neighborhood report. More tenants more noise and neighbor not happy, knowing the rule they will happily report to mgmt or police (?).

Ultimate Underdog

先礼后兵。

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Airbnb are still advertising daily rentals for private properties, and they didn't bother to enforce? Otherwise why nobody get caught yet?

They can set all kind of laws they want, but if they don't enforce, it is just that - "a piece of paper"! People then think that they can just ignore the "law" because they are just for "show", wayang...............
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Ultimate Underdog

In this case, the authorities seem to emphasise more on the number rather than the duration.

You can sense the stance from the articles.

Numbers and address wise, my tenants tell me the authorities check it through their employers and are quite serious about it.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Just think Uber / Grab and Private Hire cars, and you will see how this works.
    thank you for mentioning uber/grab.

but instead of sidetracking, let's get back to the statement
    "With official clarity and stance, agents cannot claim ignorance and there will be clear penalties. I think this will drastically reduce vacancies by the end of the year."

we are only at the 1st part "With official clarity and stance, agents cannot claim ignorance and there will be clear penalties."
    have not even begin to discuss the 2nd part "I think this will drastically reduce vacancies by the end of the year."

so let's begin again:
    how were the previous rules/guidelines not clear?

is this why you say the rules are unclear?
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real...g-of-contracts

i know you make no money by telling me or anybody else here, i can only depends on your charity to enlighten me (& the rest of us.)

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast