Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 124

Thread: URA: Max 6 Tenants in Private Properties

  1. #41

    Default

    Before 15 May 2017.

    each occupant should have at least 10 sqm of space. The maximum number of occupants in a residential unit is eight, no matter how big the unit is


    This two bedroom condo rented to FW.

  2. #42

    Default

    With effect from 15 May 2017, the maximum number of unrelated occupants that may be accommodated in a property is six.

    The new ruling doesn't have this old ruling limitation "each occupant should have at least 10 sqm of space. The maximum number of occupants in a residential unit is eight, no matter how big the unit is"

    More demand for One Bedroom for FW housing.

    LPPL

    Huat Ah.....
    Last edited by Arcachon; 14th May 2017 at 04:26 PM.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,740

    Default

    Why people rent condos for their FWs?
    Isn't HDB flats cheaper and can squeeze more people inside?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Before 15 May 2017.

    each occupant should have at least 10 sqm of space. The maximum number of occupants in a residential unit is eight, no matter how big the unit is


    This two bedroom condo rented to FW.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Why people rent condos for their FWs?
    Isn't HDB flats cheaper and can squeeze more people inside?
    HDB don't allow FW rental.

    More expensive to use HDB also.

    Private got free parking and cheaper.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Why people rent condos for their FWs?
    Isn't HDB flats cheaper and can squeeze more people inside?
    Can at least soak in swimming pool or gym, even if it's small ones.

    Singapore hot and nowadays people more health conscious, but want comfort when they exercise.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,740

    Default

    Oh I see, luckily it is only for OCR private condos.
    CCR condos are just too expensive for employers and not worth to do so compared to OCR condos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Can at least soak in swimming pool or gym, even if it's small ones.

    Singapore hot and nowadays people more health conscious, but want comfort when they exercise.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,751

    Default

    Not sure what you are referring to. I am talking about swim and gym.

    You mean CCR cannot swim and gym? Or landed?

    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Oh I see, luckily it is only for OCR private condos.
    CCR condos are just too expensive for employers and not worth to do so compared to OCR condos.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Oh I see, luckily it is only for OCR private condos.
    CCR condos are just too expensive for employers and not worth to do so compared to OCR condos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to. I am talking about swim and gym.

    You mean CCR cannot swim and gym? Or landed?
    How about RCR?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,740

    Default

    I mean employers will deem CCR to be too expensive and not worth it to rent for their foreign workers to stay since they have much cheaper alternative - those private condos in OCR.

    Also cheaper to rent OCR landed than CCR landed since they are much cheaper, they can (previously) squeeze 40 people into a terrace house or semi-D......

    Without these new ruling, for very large construction companies, it may be worth it to rent GCB too because they are so large and can even build addition extensions outside the main building to house >200 people.

    GCB rental may be large in absolute figure but actually much cheaper in terms of $psf in monthly rental!
    E.g. they rent for $20k pm but divide by 200 people means only $100 per person pm!


    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to. I am talking about swim and gym.

    You mean CCR cannot swim and gym? Or landed?

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,751

    Default

    Actually all regions are subject to same condition.

    One sharing a 9-1 private property can only rent a 6-1 unit whether it's CCR, RCR or OCR, and costs will go up by 50%

    6-1 should allow most owners to cover mortgage and other costs; I think the extra 3 is creamed off to support those landlords who have difficulties finding tenants.

    The numbers came in but dissipated with sharing. So newcomers into the system will be "forced" to manifest in speedy reduction of vacancy.

    After this phase, GLS round 2 since 2010 to 2013 should begin very soon. The bull is just around the corner!



    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    I mean employers will deem CCR to be too expensive and not worth it to rent for their foreign workers to stay since they have much cheaper alternative - those private condos in OCR.

    Also cheaper to rent OCR landed than CCR landed since they are much cheaper, they can (previously) squeeze 40 people into a terrace house or semi-D......

    Without these new ruling, for very large construction companies, it may be worth it to rent GCB too because they are so large and can even build addition extensions outside the main building to house >200 people.

    GCB rental may be large in absolute figure but actually much cheaper in terms of $psf in monthly rental!
    E.g. they rent for $20k pm but divide by 200 people means only $100 per person pm!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •