Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should we BUY?

Default Should we BUY?

Any views on whether this is a good time to continue buying and buying?

Will property in Singapore continue to go higher and higher in the long term? (Ie. 15 to 20 years times)

Currently own a few residential and commercial properties in Singapore and also vested in some Iskandar properties...

What else should I buy and where?

What's the strategy for the property experts here?

The bottomline - does demand exceed supply or vice versa?

Your $ is getting smaller. Lots of them are leveraging on cheap money. Has been doing that since 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23 View Post

Will property in Singapore continue to go higher and higher in the long term? (Ie. 15 to 20 years times)

Currently own a few residential and commercial properties in Singapore and also vested in some Iskandar properties...

Suggest you buy one charity home for the homeless.
    wa pian oh! Already got so many still got the chit to ask for strategy. You dont feel pai seh?You should teach us how instead. Before you ask again you should ask yourself how much is enough for you. Taboleh tahan.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    wa pian oh! Already got so many still got the chit to ask for strategy. You dont feel pai seh?You should teach us how instead. Before you ask again you should ask yourself how much is enough for you. Taboleh tahan.
    I think TS is just trying to show reverse thread to "Should we sell?"

Relax.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C View Post
    There is always someone smarter than yourself.

I recalled there was a forumer who had hundreds of properties...

There is always someone smarter than yourself.

I recalled there was a forumer who had hundreds of properties...
    Woo hoo. Property guru master.

Quote Originally Posted by Londonproperty123 View Post
    Woo hoo. Property guru master.
    Buy or wait for crash to buy?

Default Billion dollar question.

It will be billion dollar question to have the answer to when the property market will crash.

1) Interest rate not going up drastic soon and so do inflation. So unless both of these go opposite way. Property price would rationalise but not crash.

2) Singapore Employment, slow and steady.

3) No of unit available for rental, as lot but supply of foreigner affected by the ethnic quota for rental will eventually push them to private property as the gap is closing between HDB and Private property. Imagine the gap is just $200-300 and the foreigner own a car. Then it make sense to go for private property.

4) Goverment Land Sales reduced, En bloc activity is like a scared cow..no news...thus supply of land dried up, left over unit taken up, no more excess capacity...welcome to new norm for the price and the price can go only one direction.

*** **** Personal opinion. Price is rationalising as we speak as developer is offering freebie and carrot to move units.

Rule of thumb: buy the development that hv leftover unit which new launch project beside is selling at premium to current pricing. Then it is a no brainer.

We cannot forecast what will happen in the future, but through logical thinking and situation understanding on surrounding development + country politics +world economy = best investment decision at this point of time.

The only thing in the world that WOULD NOT change is the CONSTANT CHANGE. :

go upstream! get as many freehold landed as possible ... that's always and the ultimate objective

become a developer!!!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Any correction is a good time to buy more property. Long term have proof it will always go up. With interest rate to remain low for long time, and central bank continue to print money. Inflation will keep going up by estimate 3-4% a year. Only hedge against inflation in tiny Island of 6.9million population is property.

Quote Originally Posted by xis View Post
    Any correction is a good time to buy more property. Long term have proof it will always go up. With interest rate to remain low for long time, and central bank continue to print money. Inflation will keep going up by estimate 3-4% a year. Only hedge against inflation in tiny Island of 6.9million population is property.
    The good things with the CMs.... It fends off short term speculators and preserve cultural fabric of SG. In the long term CMs are good for the property value. Not only it improve the quality of the buyers, it also improve the quality of the developers. Developers must be well capitalised to hold on longer. Shot gun developers are staying away from the market. Supply and product quality is better controlled. I can't imagine if most of the PC in SG are MM. Because the demand is there, doesn't mean must build all MM. We can chocked to death with MM. At this moment all signs are indicating that SG property is very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    The good things with the CMs.... It fends off short term speculators and preserve cultural fabric of SG. In the long term CMs are good for the property value. Not only it improve the quality of the buyers, it also improve the quality of the developers. Developers must be well capitalised to hold on longer. Shot gun developers are staying away from the market. Supply and product quality is better controlled. I can't imagine if most of the PC in SG are MM. Because the demand is there, doesn't mean must build all MM. We can chocked to death with MM. At this moment all signs are indicating that SG property is very healthy.
    Agree with most of it...long term it is still healthy....but exciting? i am not sure .. i waiting to see the movement of that 30000 unsold.... gov should hint them not to waste the previous land.... haha...set a time for those unsold...
    Last edited by walkthetiger; 28-04-14 at 13:12.
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Moderate increase in general work force wages, ageing work force replace by incoming 1.6mil FT. Current supply is more than demand, once the demand increases naturally price will shoot up again.

Quote Originally Posted by walkthetiger View Post
    Agree with most of it...long term it is still healthy....but exciting? i am not sure .. i waiting to see the movement of that 30000 unsold.... gov should hint them not to waste the previous land.... haha...set a time for those unsold...
    We don't pay peanuts and I am sure we don't get monkeys.

Trust the govt. All will be happy in the end.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The reality is:
    Supply - You get mostly MM units to make them affordable and more people can buy (because of TDSR) - Regardless of studio, 1 bedder, 2 bedder, 3 bedders are all MM! Fit for Mickey Mouses only!

Product Quality - You are see developers giving cheap tiles (non-homogeneous) in living and dinning rooms, laminates in bedrooms etc! (so that can make $PSF cheaper)

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post

Actually I prefer homogeneous tiles over marble. Much more hardy if rented out.

MM is a reality of modern living in my opinion, especially in dense cities. Technically the spots I think I use at home add up to no more than 200 Sq Ft.

If I already can think so, my tenants should be able to think likewise too.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    Moderate increase in general work force wages, ageing work force replace by incoming 1.6mil FT. Current supply is more than demand, once the demand increases naturally price will shoot up again.
    Take a look at our public places, MRT and shopping malls. Who will be those 1.6 mil FT, mostly rich millionaires?

On top of 30000 unsold new houses, try looking at figure from resale....you will see how bad the oversupply is.

…. Gov is not going to open the FT gate just to fill up the oversupply. This is like asking FT to bail those fellow, hope you see it is not easy to bring FT to Singapore if property price is at this high….can continue to be most expensive city.
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Drop something on the homogeneous tiles and the chip-off surface is unrepairable!

Unless you are talking about those tenants where 4 people can squeeze into a room type, no high-income person or expat with family who can afford it will want to squeeze into a 2 bedders less than 800 sqft or 3 bedders less than 1000 sqft!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Actually I prefer homogeneous tiles over marble. Much more hardy if rented out.

MM is a reality of modern living in my opinion, especially in dense cities. Technically the spots I think I use at home add up to no more than 200 Sq Ft.

If I already can think so, my tenants should be able to think likewise too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    We don't pay peanuts and I am sure we don't get monkeys.

Trust the govt. All will be happy in the end.
    Why would Govt want property prices to keep going up? At best, to stabilize and kept stable.

Look at population over past years
    http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/st...T2_3330225.pdf

Look at population 2013 vs 2012
    http://www.singstat.gov.sg/statistic...t_data.html#14

Look at housing stock growth each year
    http://www.singaporepropertycycle.co...-stock-growth/

Look at housing stock vs population over the years
    http://www.singaporepropertycycle.co...housing-stock/

What will be the population mid 2014????
    form your own conclusion....

White paper

http://population.sg/whitepaper/reso...hite-paper.pdf

"to stop our citizen
    population from shrinking, we will take in between
    15,000 and 25,000 new citizens each year"

"Singapore’s total population of residents and non-
    residents in 2020 is projected to be between 5.8
    and 6 million, depending on our fertility trends,
    life expectancy, as well as our social and economic
    needs"

So what is the population today??? What is the projected in 2020???

Like everything, it can swing anyway....

For me, no opinion to buy or sell.... I just look at numbers to guide me....

Why would Govt want property prices to keep going up? At best, to stabilize and kept stable.
    I didn't say go up. I said all happy.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Someone ask the same question to former PM GOH, his reply is they are buying a piece of space in the air, if they don't stay in it good, they don't add stress to the infrastructure and they pay Tax.

Now you become the government, you build Billion dollar infrastructure, what will you do.

Not all Bubbles are Bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvYOxEkxYd4

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Someone ask the same question to former PM GOH, his reply is they are buying a piece of space in the air, if they don't stay in it good, they don't add stress to the infrastructure and they pay Tax.

Now you become the government, you build Billion dollar infrastructure, what will you do.

Not all Bubbles are Bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvYOxEkxYd4

.....maybe should ask KBW to try let all property half filled.. to see if he is confident make plan for 6.9 millions....as all living in the air anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    White paper

http://population.sg/whitepaper/reso...hite-paper.pdf

"to stop our citizen
    population from shrinking, we will take in between
    15,000 and 25,000 new citizens each year"

"Singapore’s total population of residents and non-
    residents in 2020 is projected to be between 5.8
    and 6 million, depending on our fertility trends,
    life expectancy, as well as our social and economic
    needs"

So what is the population today??? What is the projected in 2020???

Like everything, it can swing anyway....

For me, no opinion to buy or sell.... I just look at numbers to guide me....
    ...I feel too many people had over read the 6.9 millions thing...it is good news of course. It is to ensure continual sustainable growth in Singapore, for survival…..gov had learnt enough hard lesson in recent years property price spike…

...I feel too many people had over read the 6.9 millions thing...it is good news of course. It is to ensure continual sustainable growth in Singapore, for survival…..gov had learnt enough hard lesson in recent years property price spike…
    Think the pix will be clearer when population stats for 2014 in unveiled...

.....maybe should ask KBW to try let all property half filled.. to see if he is confident make plan for 6.9 millions....as all living in the air anyway..
    When there is too much money in the system, this is what will happen.

They try it in China, they have ‘The City of the Dead’

http://www.vancouverdesi.com/news/nr...villas/743733/