Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Life is a struggle.You struggle ... again & again. And one day, you trumph

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Vic... hope to meet you in badminton court
    We play competitive game with betting. If there is no betting. Most players will not be playing seriously and end up quite a boring game. Used to bet $10 per game. But has dropped $3. One of the player was bleeding (nose) in the middle of game as he got high blood pressure (>180). So we stop him from betting game. A few yrs ago (posted to China) , he died of heart attack alone in Shanghai apartment.

Other player (age 39) was panting heavily because his body’s need oxygen due to increases running . Got to stop for a while b4 we continue the game. I do know runners & soccer players die of heart attack but not badminton player in SG.

My former boss (age 60+) plays badminton with his friends (age 60-70 group). He told me that they had stopped the betting as it lead to quarrel. All become of no lineman for making line calls on shuttles that land on the floor. 30 yrs of friend become "stranger" after quarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    We play competitive game with betting. If there is no betting. Most players will not be playing seriously and end up quite a boring game. Used to bet $10 per game. But has dropped $3. One of the player was bleeding (nose) in the middle of game as he got high blood pressure (>180). So we stop him from betting game. A few yrs ago (posted to China) , he died of heart attack alone in Shanghai apartment.

Other player (age 39) was panting heavily because his body’s need oxygen due to increases running . Got to stop for a while b4 we continue the game. I do know runners & soccer players die of heart attack but not badminton player in SG.

My former boss (age 60+) plays badminton with his friends (age 60-70 group). He told me that they had stopped the betting as it lead to quarrel. All become of no lineman for making line calls on shuttles that land on the floor. 30 yrs of friend become "stranger" after quarrel.
    So cute, I think I play with my chicken better.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post

Yes, understand, once you touch on money, friends can be enemy.

Definitely, I have many badminton partners can meet up with your standard, but not me.
    My groups don't play betting, we play for happiness and leisure, sweat and laugh.
    We use meetup.com to co-ordinate all players.
    U can take a look of meetup.com for leisure plays...
    There are many groups all over Singapore and badminton is the most active group

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415