Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Life is a struggle.You struggle ... again & again. And one day, you trumph

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Vic... hope to meet you in badminton court
    We play competitive game with betting. If there is no betting. Most players will not be playing seriously and end up quite a boring game. Used to bet $10 per game. But has dropped $3. One of the player was bleeding (nose) in the middle of game as he got high blood pressure (>180). So we stop him from betting game. A few yrs ago (posted to China) , he died of heart attack alone in Shanghai apartment.

Other player (age 39) was panting heavily because his body’s need oxygen due to increases running . Got to stop for a while b4 we continue the game. I do know runners & soccer players die of heart attack but not badminton player in SG.

My former boss (age 60+) plays badminton with his friends (age 60-70 group). He told me that they had stopped the betting as it lead to quarrel. All become of no lineman for making line calls on shuttles that land on the floor. 30 yrs of friend become "stranger" after quarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    We play competitive game with betting. If there is no betting. Most players will not be playing seriously and end up quite a boring game. Used to bet $10 per game. But has dropped $3. One of the player was bleeding (nose) in the middle of game as he got high blood pressure (>180). So we stop him from betting game. A few yrs ago (posted to China) , he died of heart attack alone in Shanghai apartment.

Other player (age 39) was panting heavily because his body’s need oxygen due to increases running . Got to stop for a while b4 we continue the game. I do know runners & soccer players die of heart attack but not badminton player in SG.

My former boss (age 60+) plays badminton with his friends (age 60-70 group). He told me that they had stopped the betting as it lead to quarrel. All become of no lineman for making line calls on shuttles that land on the floor. 30 yrs of friend become "stranger" after quarrel.
    So cute, I think I play with my chicken better.

Yes, understand, once you touch on money, friends can be enemy.

Definitely, I have many badminton partners can meet up with your standard, but not me.
    My groups don't play betting, we play for happiness and leisure, sweat and laugh.
    We use meetup.com to co-ordinate all players.
    U can take a look of meetup.com for leisure plays...
    There are many groups all over Singapore and badminton is the most active group

The rising of China & Trump American 1st policy “We will never ever sign bad trade deals"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is the determination of the Chinese people to build a “modern, powerful, wealthy Chinese nation - LKY in the 1960s

Let the DRAGON sleep, for when she wakes, she will move mountains.
    Let CHINA sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world - 18th Century French president Napoleon.

China last 200+ yrs declined was due to close door policies & it political system. On 1st Oct 1949, China was unified by the Chinese Communist leader Mao Zedong

In 1978, Deng Xiao Ping leader opened China to the world & learned from the world best. It has enjoyed rapidly growing economies in the last 30 yrs.

In 2001,China joined the WTO with US approval. US believes that when the Chinese become better off. They will eventually want more freedom which will adopt Taiwan style democracy. But it was not to be. China govt refused to adopt democracy & majorities of the Chinese are more interested in making life even better by working harder.

In 2016, the total output of China manufacturing industry has exceed America by more than 150%. Japan & Germany managed to reach 70% of America manufacturing industry & White house (President) already Kpkb ("kao pei kao bu" means "cry father cry mother" in hokkien ) & started to act to contain Japan & Germany in the 80s.

The Chinese DNA - extremely hardworking. They can learn extremely fast because they learnt from all over the world. Scientific research (R&D), they learn from US,/Russian. manufacturing from German. Management from Japan, Intellectual property right from HK, industrial park & green city planning from SG , Agriculture from Israel etc. There is no blockage from China wanting to learn from the best.

China is also fortunate to learn for past countries bad experience like Japan ppty burst in 80s, 1997 Asia financial crisis which is the result of opening up the financial sector too fast & lastly, the 2008 US financial crisis which due to US banks overleveraging.

In the last 20 yrs , the Western countries vigorously advocate almost every year (a person who publicly supports) that China will collapse . They belittle China which was a agriculture country for the past thousand of years will only able to make toys, clothes , low & middle end electronic consume goods etc etc. So the past US president did not act early on the China containment policies (to diminish the economic and political growth of China) . US is also busying fighting a stupid & unless war in the Middle east which cost them a few TRILLION dollars over 10+ years.Never in US imagination that China can build Bullet train within 10 yrs, Aircraft Carrier & 5th generation fighter Jet within 25 yrs , Passenger Aircraft C919 within 20 yrs , China space rapid advancement , China expansion of land reclamation activities in South China sea within a few years etc etc.

17 years later, Trump said China WTO membership was a terrible mistake. 美国不甘心接受中国的崛起. Now he wants China to accede to US demand on trade deficit. To cut the U.S. trade deficit by US$200 billion by 2020. No way it is achievable as US does not have the intention of selling high tech product which China is already buying from Japan or Euro. Beijing to give up ‘Made in China 2025’ (industrial modernisation AI tech , 5G etc) which will threaten US lead in this area. Trump thought that China will relentless agreed to all his demand just like what had happened to Japan & Germany in the 80s. It was not to be.

The trade war has started. Hopefully, there will be a more amicable solution that make American more "happy". If not, the world will have a big recession in 2019. With the financial bubble (old habit dies hard) much bigger than 2008.
    A prolong trade war will be the mother of economic & stock crisis predicted by some famous economist.

So this time how many % negative interest shall we go to?

Thanks for sharing. Very informative.

The rising of China & Trump American 1st policy “We will never ever sign bad trade deals"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is the determination of the Chinese people to build a “modern, powerful, wealthy Chinese nation - LKY in the 1960s

Let the DRAGON sleep, for when she wakes, she will move mountains.
    Let CHINA sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world - 18th Century French president Napoleon.

China last 200+ yrs declined was due to close door policies & it political system. On 1st Oct 1949, China was unified by the Chinese Communist leader Mao Zedong

In 1978, Deng Xiao Ping leader opened China to the world & learned from the world best. It has enjoyed rapidly growing economies in the last 30 yrs.

In 2001,China joined the WTO with US approval. US believes that when the Chinese become better off. They will eventually want more freedom which will adopt Taiwan style democracy. But it was not to be. China govt refused to adopt democracy & majorities of the Chinese are more interested in making life even better by working harder.

In 2016, the total output of China manufacturing industry has exceed America by more than 150%. Japan & Germany managed to reach 70% of America manufacturing industry & White house (President) already Kpkb ("kao pei kao bu" means "cry father cry mother" in hokkien ) & started to act to contain Japan & Germany in the 80s.

The Chinese DNA - extremely hardworking. They can learn extremely fast because they learnt from all over the world. Scientific research (R&D), they learn from US,/Russian. manufacturing from German. Management from Japan, Intellectual property right from HK, industrial park & green city planning from SG , Agriculture from Israel etc. There is no blockage from China wanting to learn from the best.

China is also fortunate to learn for past countries bad experience like Japan ppty burst in 80s, 1997 Asia financial crisis which is the result of opening up the financial sector too fast & lastly, the 2008 US financial crisis which due to US banks overleveraging.

In the last 20 yrs , the Western countries vigorously advocate almost every year (a person who publicly supports) that China will collapse . They belittle China which was a agriculture country for the past thousand of years will only able to make toys, clothes , low & middle end electronic consume goods etc etc. So the past US president did not act early on the China containment policies (to diminish the economic and political growth of China) . US is also busying fighting a stupid & unless war in the Middle east which cost them a few TRILLION dollars over 10+ years.Never in US imagination that China can build Bullet train within 10 yrs, Aircraft Carrier & 5th generation fighter Jet within 25 yrs , Passenger Aircraft C919 within 20 yrs , China space rapid advancement , China expansion of land reclamation activities in South China sea within a few years etc etc.

17 years later, Trump said China WTO membership was a terrible mistake. 美国不甘心接受中国的崛起. Now he wants China to accede to US demand on trade deficit. To cut the U.S. trade deficit by US$200 billion by 2020. No way it is achievable as US does not have the intention of selling high tech product which China is already buying from Japan or Euro. Beijing to give up ‘Made in China 2025’ (industrial modernisation AI tech , 5G etc) which will threaten US lead in this area. Trump thought that China will relentless agreed to all his demand just like what had happened to Japan & Germany in the 80s. It was not to be.

The trade war has started. Hopefully, there will be a more amicable solution that make American more "happy". If not, the world will have a big recession in 2019. With the financial bubble (old habit dies hard) much bigger than 2008.
    A prolong trade war will be the mother of economic & stock crisis predicted by some famous economist.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I wonder how can 300 million keep using the world resources and asking 3 Billion not to.

They will once the biggest manufacturing country and chose to export their dirty work oversea.

They get the best people in the world to work for them but refuse to share what they know.

They get the world to agree on gold standard just to change it because they need to print more money.

They tell ASEAN need to agree to IMF but when they are in trouble they get the Word to print money.

I got only 30 years left on earth, how much can they do I still wonder.

I like what they did: Keep printing money!

When they print, the others also have to print their own currencies otherwise their currencies become too strong!

End effect is monetary inflation and property prices will keep getting inflated!
    And no property cooling measures can reverse money printing effects! (Whatever property cooling measures implemented only has temporarily effect - you can mark my words based on my >30 years of investment experience and financial knowledge)!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    I wonder how can 300 million keep using the world resources and asking 3 Billion not to.

They will once the biggest manufacturing country and chose to export their dirty work oversea.

They get the best people in the world to work for them but refuse to share what they know.

They get the world to agree on gold standard just to change it because they need to print more money.

They tell ASEAN need to agree to IMF but when they are in trouble they get the Word to print money.

I got only 30 years left on earth, how much can they do I still wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post

When they print, the others also have to print their own currencies otherwise their currencies become too strong!

End effect is monetary inflation and property prices will keep getting inflated!
    And no property cooling measures can reverse money printing effects! (Whatever property cooling measures implemented only has temporarily effect - you can mark my words based on my >30 years of investment experience and financial knowledge)!
    That is why I fly back from France for a week to get my money, those were the cowboy days.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post

Huat Ah.. I support this theory...

Quote Originally Posted by stl67 View Post
    Huat Ah.. I support this theory...
    This is not theory, this is what happens now.