Thread: J Gateway rental not bad

Default J Gateway rental not bad

wow J gateway rental for 1 bedder not bad can hit $2k

2k rental minus mortgage got any profit?

the one bedder were sold at 800k (roughly , average price). you think?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post

Just be careful and hope it doesn't go lower than this.
    Mar 17 GATEWAY DRIVE NON-LANDED 400 to 500 1 1,800

Eight riversuites 1 bedder is better. I remember it only sold for $650k+.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Eight riversuites 1 bedder is better. I remember it only sold for $650k+.
    yes you're right. of course it is better. for one thing, it's in town!

Some RCR 1 Bedders were sold at 500K+ with monthly rent around $2K...

Must compare the average and not the lowest to filter out odd cases. The average or median is probably from 2 - 2.2k so it is still very decent I guess?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    Some RCR 1 Bedders were sold at 500K+ with monthly rent around $2K...
    i believe rental is actually lower than 2k these days for those units you mentioned.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Fully furnished means must put up >$10-15k to furnish upfront, so where got profit left?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_46 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Fully furnished means must put up >$10-15k to furnish upfront, so where got profit left?
    For 1 Bedder, $5-10k is possible. :-)

If rent out for 1.8K, I suspect is unfurnished other than what the developer provided.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Never heard anybody can rent out a condo that is "unfurnished". Have you ever done that?
    The least is always "partially furnished"!
    (I only know people rent "unfurnished" HDB flat, but never for condo).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    If rent out for 1.8K, I suspect is unfurnished other than what the developer provided.

Just word-play. What developer provides already meets partially furnished conditions.

Unfurnished is from the landlord angle, meaning you do not need to put in any furnishing.

If I say partially furnished, would I be asked what the cost for partially furnishing is?

Never heard anybody can rent out a condo that is "unfurnished". Have you ever done that?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Usually, what developer provided is still less than "partial furnishing", and you need to add more, and those are extra costs!

Just word-play. What developer provides already meets partially furnished conditions.

Unfurnished is from the landlord angle, meaning you do not need to put in any furnishing.

If I say partially furnished, would I be asked what the cost for partially furnishing is?

Yes, 4K a month. Long story.

Usually, what developer provided is still less than "partial furnishing", and you need to add more, and those are extra costs!
    My developers provide new fridge and washer-dryer, hood and hob etc. Considered partially furnished.

Only need to put in bed and sofa, can live in le. Some people (tenants) prefer this option, as they have their own beds and lower / no chance of damage of owner property when returning the apartment. This seems to be a new trend though... no extra investment required if wish to rent out under this model.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Very funny, you never rent out condos before?

Nowsaday condos full of full-sized windows and even walls or big big windows and walls, you don't need to install blinds and curtains in your bedrooms, living rooms and bathrooms? Just to do that for a 3 Bedders costs easily >$3-5k.

My developers provide new fridge and washer-dryer, hood and hob etc. Considered partially furnished.

Only need to put in bed and sofa, can live in le. Some people (tenants) prefer this option, as they have their own beds and lower / no chance of damage of owner property when returning the apartment. This seems to be a new trend though... no extra investment required if wish to rent out under this model.

I think you are the one who never rent out small units. Basic curtains can be had for under 1k. Designer blinds will cost 3K indeed.

Why don't include wall painting as well?

The thing is, I don't see how a few K furnishing is a big issue for those who purchase a 600-800K unit to rent out.

In the past we also had the furnishing vouchers from Developers. You never received?

Very funny, you never rent out condos before?

Nowsaday condos full of full-sized windows and even walls or big big windows and walls, you don't need to install blinds and curtains in your bedrooms, living rooms and bathrooms? Just to do that for a 3 Bedders costs easily >$3-5k.
    Last edited by Kelonguni; 20-06-17 at 09:23.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I think you are the one who never rent out small units. Basic curtains can be had for under 1k. Designer blinds will cost 3K indeed.

Why don't include wall painting as well?

The thing is, I don't see how a few K furnishing is a big issue for those who purchase a 600-800K unit to rent out.
    Seriously, i don't understand ah-bear. always going off on a tangent. he say OCR property at thousand year high, when actually he meant NEW property from developer.

you're right, basic curtains can be found (nice ones) for 1k (for those MM unit). Or get them from JB. just measure and get the curtains done in jb, bring over. Curtain track can install DIY if need be.

basic wall pictures can buy from IKEA.

simple basic kitchen utensil from IKEA, too.
    Last edited by tonymontana; 20-06-17 at 09:29.

Exactly. He is scrutinizing every word to see if he can find a gap.

To begin with, the issue was with us explaining why (and how) units with very low yield rates make do, i.e. 1,800 per month for a J Gateway MM unit.

We never really know how the landlord could have optimised his position with this purchase. For example, I do remember reading that such caveats are priced at about 700K instead of 800K. The max PSF it went to was 1700PSF but most should have paid below this position.

There are some other potential ways the landlord could have derived value from this move on top of the rental which should not be discussed here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    Seriously, i don't understand ah-bear. always going off on a tangent. he say OCR property at thousand year high, when actually he meant NEW property from developer.

you're right, basic curtains can be found (nice ones) for 1k (for those MM unit). Or get them from JB. just measure and get the curtains done in jb, bring over. Curtain track can install DIY if need be.

basic wall pictures can buy from IKEA.

simple basic kitchen utensil from IKEA, too.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I also don't understand how a collecting a monthly rental of $2k pm when you have to pay out a few thousands dollars upfront can be considered to get high yield? (not to mention another few thousands upfront later to make good the property ready for next tenant).
    Other the curtains and blinds, landlords also have to install lamps, pay maintenance and sinking fund, property taxes, pay agent fees etc. May be you can show how much is the net rental yield (rather than gross including all these costs)? Also, I heard agents asking for 1 month commission per year of rental (vs usual 0.5 month) for for helping to rent out mickey mouse unit.

I never want to deal with property whose rental is <$4k pm. The effort is just not worth it!

Or just like the 95.8FM, can only hear the good news?

Exactly. He is scrutinizing every word to see if he can find a gap.

To begin with, the issue was with us explaining why (and how) units with very low yield rates make do, i.e. 1,800 per month for a J Gateway MM unit.

We never really know how the landlord could have optimised his position with this purchase. For example, I do remember reading that such caveats are priced at about 700K instead of 800K. The max PSF it went to was 1700PSF but most should have paid below this position.

There are some other potential ways the landlord could have derived value from this move on top of the rental which should not be discussed here as well.

You are partially right on a few things though.

1. One of the reasons against some emerging markets may be that the rents may not justify the efforts even though the yield may be high.

2. All the costs are important. Rental yield calculations and simulations I have done several, including all the relevant costs. Just go and dig dig dig for them I guess.

3. You don't understand.

The above three points are correct.

Even if the property is fully paid, you still look down upon those with rent lower than 4K?

I also don't understand how a collecting a monthly rental of $2k pm when you have to pay out a few thousands dollars upfront can be considered to get high yield? (not to mention another few thousands upfront later to make good the property ready for next tenant).
    Other the curtains and blinds, landlords also have to install lamps, pay maintenance and sinking fund, property taxes, pay agent fees etc. May be you can show how much is the net rental yield (rather than gross including all these costs)? Also, I heard agents asking for 1 month commission per year of rental (vs usual 0.5 month) for for helping to rent out mickey mouse unit.

I never want to deal with property whose rental is <$4k pm. The effort is just not worth it!

Or just like the 95.8FM, can only hear the good news?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.