Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car is the winner

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    Haha, no lah. just a basic model, buying used saves a lot. also, . some of the components on these cars break down at an alarming rate. so much for german tech.
    my point was that car is an expense, same as restaurant meals, drinking at pubs, holidays etc.
    A basic M5 is still a M5. haha

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    If for some God given chance that my place get the en-bloc (I know fat hope), what do you think of such a development? Would you pay $4mil+ (FH) for this? Not entirely exclusive and you get 2 carpark lots per unit and swimming pool.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...uster-bungalow

In a rather quiet location (still need a car or two) but 8 mins walk to future Tanjong Katong MRT. Its just a stone throw away from my current place and I kinda like the area. Im sorry to OT from car thread but we need to tie back to properties somehow right?

Gurus, please speak.
    I love that location, but 7 crescent is cluster houses, not really a "bungalow". I would rather go for a individual titled house in the same neighbourhood. A 3400 sft (land) semi-dee is "ONLY" 5M (jalan seaview). BTW this is just talking for fun, there is no way I can afford either.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    I love that location, but 7 crescent is cluster houses, not really a "bungalow". I would rather go for a individual titled house in the same neighbourhood. A 3400 sft (land) semi-dee is "ONLY" 5M (jalan seaview). BTW this is just talking for fun, there is no way I can afford either.
    There are lots of fans of cluster housing. Personally, I would go for all or nothing. All meaning full facilities condo. Nothing as in detached house without shared facilities.

lived along Jalan Seaview for a large part of my life
    amazing area, now made even better and more accessible with Tanjong Katong MRT at the doorstep (but have to wait 5 more years la)
    I think an old semi-d in the area will set u back $5m.. while some of the newly renovated ones will be up to $6m+.. still, probably a better investment than 7 crescent which much of the exclusiveness is tainted by the fact that its cluster housing

if u have even more $$$ to spare, u can even try peach garden (nice bungalows in there), or the goodman/ branksome area... or even the less talked about Walton/Clacton road houses which are v v atas

Quote Originally Posted by aspirations View Post
    amazing area, now made even better and more accessible with Tanjong Katong MRT at the doorstep (but have to wait 5 more years la)
    I think an old semi-d in the area will set u back $5m.. while some of the newly renovated ones will be up to $6m+.. still, probably a better investment than 7 crescent which much of the exclusiveness is tainted by the fact that its cluster housing

if u have even more $$$ to spare, u can even try peach garden (nice bungalows in there), or the goodman/ branksome area... or even the less talked about Walton/Clacton road houses which are v v atas
    Love the houses in those areas. Nice, big and atas! But I am a very practical person. The property has to be a home (and double up as good investment) and not just a house.

Coming back to my original point – I would prioritise spending on a private property FIRST before spending on a nice continental car.

I know many think otherwise but that is just my personal thought.

Quote Originally Posted by aspirations View Post

Looks like we are neighbours. The recent revamps of the D and semi-Ds in the last 10 years has been tremendous.

I have friends living along Peach Garden and I know what you mean about large, spacious and quiet bungalows. The price also very nice.

Whenever I ride my bicycle to CCHS in Goodman Road when I was a teenager, I never thought much about the houses there. Eyed one at Arthur Road some years ago but finances did not check out. Now it is 9-10mil per pop.

Again, let me dream about the en-bloc first....keep day dreaming.

Thanks for the comments. I also agree that holding back on an expensive car is one of the best decision I made today like what frumnat mentioned. But I do get the look-downs amongst my peers. Suck thumb.

PropVestor