Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Normanton Park sold en bloc for S$830.1 million

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    Fyi, I am not bias against this location, frankly speaking, I am a 10-minutes car ride away from Normanton Park condo.

Also, to add clarity in my argument, I should be clearer; secondary resale market. If its $1500 psf, I will bid for some of the older condos in River Valley such as Valley Park that even traded $1200-$1300 for 1000 sqf and below. This is simply just one of the many CCR older condos that are trading in that sort range.

For the $800-1000 psf, you can refer to the link below. While I stay quite near to Normanton, I am no expert in this area, in fact, I would put higher value to the region nearer to Pasir Panjang for the Southern Front development.

http://www.stproperty.sg/condominium...e-search/10745
    totally agree with u, i would do the same but there are many many new buyers who would not. a valley park unit that is < 1000 sq ft is a 1 bedder. these days, that is the size of a mass market 3 bedder which better meets the buyers' needs so i wouldn't compare them. the buyers simply do not look at it from an investment point of view like we do. they have a whole lot of other practical considerations to consider when they are purchasing for their own use.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    in case you haven't noticed, there are very few sites which are sold cheaply these days. psf for brand new 99 year leaseholds are also are also easily exceeding the old freeholds nearby simply because the units have been shrunk and people have been snapping these up because of a variety of reasons previously discussed in other threads for e.g. low quantum, time lag till completion to raise cash etc etc.

for the land sales e.g, recent sites would be 2 woodleigh sites at 1100psf (expect 1600 to 1900psf selling price). serangoon garden site at 965psf (expect >1600psf selling price). even the serangoon ville site nearby was sold for about 835psf (minimum selling price 1400psf). queenstown 1038psf (expect >1700psf), eunosville 908psf (good price as prices moved up after this), also minimum 1500psf. i had mentioned previously that u can see from the sales data monthly, 10xxpsf and 11xxpsf mass market new launches are being snapped up rapidly. le quest recently was able to sell at 1280psf easily. given the lack of mass market sites sold recently and at low prices, it looks like TC will be sold at 12xxpsf.

i would think NP is definitely more than a mass market land site and 900psf is not a ridiculous price. at present, capitaland has no landbank and the ceo mentioned: CapitaLand to be 'a bit more aggressive' in land bidding

CapitaLand president and chief executive Lim Ming Yan said that the property firm wants to be "a bit more aggressive in its approach" to the residential market in its home base.

"We are prepared to be more aggressive, but we remain disciplined," he said.

"If you are hoping for a bargain purchase in the Singaporean residential market, then you will never get anything. You have to put in your best attempt given your view of the outlook of the market, and not take the view that you can keep a lot of reserves, put in a price and hopefully you will get it at bargain price. It will never happen."

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...dding-says-ceo

given their experience with interlace nearby, i think they know how to position their units uniquely. with the previous ceo gone, building small units is now possible for them. otherwise, it would be impossible for them to compete if they still want to build big units as the psfs are not favourable.
    I can't disagree and will look forward to a potential Interlace sort of condo, but we all remember that Gillman heights was en bloc-ed at the height of the property market boom. Are we in a boom today?

To the rest of your other points, I also can't disagree with you, but my arguments continue to hold, even though an en bloc in Normanton will probably help the area that I reside, the options that a developer has today is quite different than the one presented to them six months ago in a conflicted backdrop of rising land prices vs slowing economy coupled with less immigration friendly policies.

Today's landscape:

(1) Less demand given that there were almost 15 land purchases this year through GLS, En-bloc and private treaty arrangements, we also have around 15 less bidders.

(2) More supply. According to media and agent chat, there are at least 40 en bloc in the process.

Six months ago, we had around 15 more bidders and a lot less supply. You would know better than most, we still have plenty of plum sites in the en bloc market for grabs.

actually i fear for how disgustingly small the units can go but looks like its an inevitable trend.

When every other site is looking to en bloc, what happens to actual resales supply on the market?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    When every other site is looking to en bloc, what happens to actual resales supply on the market?
    The impact is not as significant as the new units from these enbloc.
    Say the property enbloc is 100 units, they are building the site into 300-500 units. So the new sales units available within the next 12-18 months are far more than the number of taken off.

Most of these HUDC enbloc sellers are older generations, and would like to buy into HDB or staying with children and keep the cash. Anyway, their cash will only come in 9 months later. So there is no immediate impact on the market till 9 months time.

The resale price will go down because more people are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Say the property enbloc is 100 units, they are building the site into 300-500 units. So the new sales units available within the next 12-18 months are far more than the number of taken off.

Most of these HUDC enbloc sellers are older generations, and would like to buy into HDB or staying with children and keep the cash. Anyway, their cash will only come in 9 months later. So there is no immediate impact on the market till 9 months time.
    Agree, they will put money in the Bank to depreciate, play safe when you are old.

Maybe I was young then when I made my million become greed go for more risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    The resale price will go down because more people are buying.
    More people buying should mean prices going up?

Demands vs Supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post

Cannot deny that there might be a proportion that goes for resale HDB, but if resale HDB sales increase, where do those sellers who sell their HDBs live?

One thing about resale is that it is an immediate, current market, based on the push-pull between people who opt to sell and those who need to use the place immediately. It is distinctive from those who can wait years for their property to be built.

People who sell their HDBs will most likely go for private (or ECs), unless their new BTOs are ready. The other option is to rent (HDB or private). Again, those represent soaking up of vacant units in rent and sales.

Another thing is the 12-18 month before the new supply ends up on the market. But the new sale supply is not ready for immediate occupation until another 3-4 years later (building in progress). The actual future date for supply for occupation is actually 4-5 years (year 2022-2023). Again, these do not cope with the immediate demand.

Regarding the 9 month wait, there is such a thing as bridging loan if I am not mistaken. Moreover, the first enblocs of 2017 are already reaching 9 months soon.

Staying with children, I say don't count on it. Very few could successfully do it even though in theory it is one of the best options. Most try and fail.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post

Demands vs Supplies.
    For those who believe 1 plus 1 equal 2.

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post

Demands vs Supplies.
    Arcachon is being sacarstic by pointing out some obvious flaws. Having said that, one does not know the future and should always be cautious when it comes to ppty investments. While enblockers (esp HUDC retirees) may not buy back a resale condo, who is to prevent the HDB seller from upgrading to the resale condo after selling his HDB to the retiree?

Personally I can share 3 anecdote (1 personal experience):-

1) HUDC enbloc (Farrer Court). Enblocker retiree bought a resale HDB nearby from a young couple with kids. Young couple went on to buy a nearby 3 bedder resale condo.

2) HUDC enbloc (Gilman). Enblocker also retiree. He however went on buy a West Coast brand new Condo. After the WC Condo price increased, he sold it and bought a resale condo at River Valley

3) HUDC Enblocker (Farrer) . Middle Age. Went on to buy an old landed at Bukit Timah. Rebuild it and move family from orchard rd condo and downgrade to stay in Bukit Timah.

Cannot deny that there might be a proportion that goes for resale HDB, but if resale HDB sales increase, where do those sellers who sell their HDBs live?

One thing about resale is that it is an immediate, current market, based on the push-pull between people who opt to sell and those who need to use the place immediately. It is distinctive from those who can wait years for their property to be built.

People who sell their HDBs will most likely go for private (or ECs), unless their new BTOs are ready. The other option is to rent (HDB or private). Again, those represent soaking up of vacant units in rent and sales.

Another thing is the 12-18 month before the new supply ends up on the market. But the new sale supply is not ready for immediate occupation until another 3-4 years later (building in progress). The actual future date for supply for occupation is actually 4-5 years (year 2022-2023). Again, these do not cope with the immediate demand.

Regarding the 9 month wait, there is such a thing as bridging loan if I am not mistaken. Moreover, the first enblocs of 2017 are already reaching 9 months soon.

Staying with children, I say don't count on it. Very few could successfully do it even though in theory it is one of the best options. Most try and fail.
    The analysis of the demand and supply through the effect of en bloc-ing should be undertaken by one of our banks or property consultancy. Forget about speculating how these HUDC owners want to spend their money (some can argue they will buy resale flat, some say resale condo, it's akin to saying everyone likes BMW and will usually buy, we can speculate till the cows go home; so it is very difficult to predict where actual demand will go into, and following that demand serve little purpose for big picture property investors). In general, I think En blocing is an reinforcing positive market force in the market.

First 12 months of en bloc activity will generate more demand (i.e. be it resale condo, flat or landed), next 12 months, we will continue to see more demand driven by these "displaced owners" who needs immediate occupation, thereby driving up prices across the real estate (could be rental or purchases; already my friend who is an agent told me rental is picking up; this guy has been very sanguine of the rental market in the past 24 months). At that point in time, there will be new launches offered by developers who bought these en bloc. At the 24-month mark, I think this is where in the inflexion point is. If the economy is still in the doldrums phase, we may not be able to soak in these highly priced new launch (i.e. 1500-1700 psf at Serangoon Ville), then we may see the en bloc effect waning. By that point in time, there will also be less bidders because most developers who have filled up their land back. However, if the economy is on fire and changes in immigration policies, people rushing to buy record high prices of new launches, then the en bloc will continue for another 12 months. Only when the natural market forces of economy is unable to sustain the developer-push effect of en bloc that we will see the slowdown of the positive reinforcing effect of en bloc.

From my brief analysis above, we should be able to see the inflexion point in the next 16 months. What does that mean for property investors and owners, enjoy the rally then. If its the inflexion point, then one could either sell your unit during the next 16 months if you want to get out of the property game, or try to secure better rental terms for the next two years for higher yield. Having said that, both represent very different views of the medium to long term view of Singapore property.

If I've got time on my hands, I will really want to write a white paper to prove the above.

The analysis of the demand and supply through the effect of en bloc-ing should be undertaken by one of our banks or property consultancy. Forget about speculating how these HUDC owners want to spend their money (some can argue they will buy resale flat, some say resale condo, it's akin to saying everyone likes BMW and will usually buy, we can speculate till the cows go home; so it is very difficult to predict where actual demand will go into, and following that demand serve little purpose for big picture property investors). In general, I think En blocing is an reinforcing positive market force in the market.

First 12 months of en bloc activity will generate more demand (i.e. be it resale condo, flat or landed), next 12 months, we will continue to see more demand driven by these "displaced owners" who needs immediate occupation, thereby driving up prices across the real estate (could be rental or purchases; already my friend who is an agent told me rental is picking up; this guy has been very sanguine of the rental market in the past 24 months). At that point in time, there will be new launches offered by developers who bought these en bloc. At the 24-month mark, I think this is where in the inflexion point is. If the economy is still in the doldrums phase, we may not be able to soak in these highly priced new launch (i.e. 1500-1700 psf at Serangoon Ville), then we may see the en bloc effect waning. By that point in time, there will also be less bidders because most developers who have filled up their land back. However, if the economy is on fire and changes in immigration policies, people rushing to buy record high prices of new launches, then the en bloc will continue for another 12 months. Only when the natural market forces of economy is unable to sustain the developer-push effect of en bloc that we will see the slowdown of the positive reinforcing effect of en bloc.

From my brief analysis above, we should be able to see the inflexion point in the next 16 months. What does that mean for property investors and owners, enjoy the rally then. If its the inflexion point, then one could either sell your unit during the next 16 months if you want to get out of the property game, or try to secure better rental terms for the next two years for higher yield. Having said that, both represent very different views of the medium to long term view of Singapore property.

If I've got time on my hands, I will really want to write a white paper to prove the above.
    It is not easy to understand what is understood, a Bear will already be a Bear, A Bull will already be a Bull.

Well said. There will certainly be an Inflexion point if too many huge HUDC sites are sold. Even with population increase it won't be easy to sell out 10s of thousands of units at new prices and with the cooling measures in place. I think Developers may tread with caution once the next few en bloc deals are sealed, especially if that includes a few more huge sites. It seems like almost every HUDC is hoping to make it this time. Other big sites like Bayshore may also want to get on the bandwagon if the cherry seems attractive enough. Owners of aging LH are getting nervous of higher sinking fund fees and difficulty in selling with financing restrictions on buyers for these units.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip09 View Post
    Well said. There will certainly be an Inflexion point if too many huge HUDC sites are sold. Even with population increase it won't be easy to sell out 10s of thousands of units at new prices and with the cooling measures in place. I think Developers may tread with caution once the next few en bloc deals are sealed, especially if that includes a few more huge sites. It seems like almost every HUDC is hoping to make it this time. Other big sites like Bayshore may also want to get on the bandwagon if the cherry seems attractive enough. Owners of aging LH are getting nervous of higher sinking fund fees and difficulty in selling with financing restrictions on buyers for these units.
    To clarify, I meant an inflexion point in the en bloc cycle. An inflexion point in the property cycle is another topic altogether. When you try to speak the developer talk, we need to really try to wear their shoes. For most developers, they are perma-bull. Whether they are super bull, medium bull, or half bull, they are going to be shoring their land bank up. The golden question: Should the next inflexion point in the en bloc cycle occur in the next 16 months, will that trigger for the next cycle in the property market (i.e. downtrend, uptrend or flat?).

"Newer" or "Gen-Z" plum condo sites such as Bayshore will almost find it impossible to be en bloc-ed (sorry no offence again) for multiple reasons, the most important one being, the inability for developer to stomach the expectations of Gen-Z owners. For a newer condo like Bayshore, we need another sharp uptrend euphoria that we witnessed in 2007. So if you ask me now or even after inflexion point is it possible, I think the likelihood is low.

If we take a historical measurements of past en bloc, one of the key critical reason is that en blocs usually possess higher success when the estate are of at least 25-35 years of age, and like wine, the older the better it gets, because the price differential of new vs old (or new launch-vs-resale premium) get wider to the point that developers can arbitrage through an bloc exercise.

So who knows in the next 10-20 years, maybe the likes of Bayshore will be a hit?

To clarify, I meant an inflexion point in the en bloc cycle. An inflexion point in the property cycle is another topic altogether. When you try to speak the developer talk, we need to really try to wear their shoes. For most developers, they are perma-bull. Whether they are super bull, medium bull, or half bull, they are going to be shoring their land bank up. The golden question: Should the next inflexion point in the en bloc cycle occur in the next 16 months, will that trigger for the next cycle in the property market (i.e. downtrend, uptrend or flat?).

"Newer" or "Gen-Z" plum condo sites such as Bayshore will almost find it impossible to be en bloc-ed (sorry no offence again) for multiple reasons, the most important one being, the inability for developer to stomach the expectations of Gen-Z owners. For a newer condo like Bayshore, we need another sharp uptrend euphoria that we witnessed in 2007. So if you ask me now or even after inflexion point is it possible, I think the likelihood is low.

If we take a historical measurements of past en bloc, one of the key critical reason is that en blocs usually possess higher success when the estate are of at least 25-35 years of age, and like wine, the older the better it gets, because the price differential of new vs old (or new launch-vs-resale premium) get wider to the point that developers can arbitrage through an bloc exercise.

So who knows in the next 10-20 years, maybe the likes of Bayshore will be a hit?
    As the Lease runs down and costs of maintaining the condo increases I think the owners will be more motivated to ask for a realistic price. Perhaps we are not there yet but when we reach a time when many LH condos have run down half their lease , I believe we will have a group of owners who want to unload their depreciating asset. If they wait too long, they will not be able to purchase a replacement home with the sale proceeds . Land value goes up with time but so do the cost of replacement units. And for LH, cost of topping up the lease will also affect value of the land. This will work against them.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What you said is NOT TRUE................
    I am a bear to become a bull to become a bear again..........
    I just follow the market - This is how we can make money..............
    People who is one direction only will miss a lot of the fun and money to be made................................

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    It is not easy to understand what is understood, a Bear will already be a Bear, A Bull will already be a Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    People who is one direction only will miss a lot of the fun and money to be made................................
    Does it also apply to those who can only see one direction such as CCR FH?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Obviously!
    Like those who are always BEAR of CCR FH now..............
    (They will know when the time comes how much they had missed!)

Does it also apply to those who can only see one direction such as CCR FH?

Not true. I am equibullish on all sectors and believe they are linked.

CCR > RCR > OCR > HDB.

The factors of city congestion for drivers have continued to improve while OCR gets crowded.

Close to dynamic equilibrium for all sectors achieved!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Obviously!
    Like those who are always BEAR of CCR FH now..............
    (They will know when the time comes how much they had missed!)

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

If really have time on your hand, i suggest you spend the time visiting show rooms instead of wasting your time trying to write a paper on property price trend or related papers. And if you still do it, please state that you are `Patches from condosingapore coz I will delete the report and not read it. On the 1 hand you talk about big picture property investors, next you talk about 12-16 months. Big picture investors do not even care what price movement is going to be in the next 24 mths. We look at the next 5 years, 10 years and see what the future holds for a particular country. Talking about 12-16 months is to time the market. i see you try to play down the effect of enbloc on resale or new sales. Not sure what's your agenda even if you said you are vested in this area. Maybe you would like to see prices drop further so that you can buy an investment property at a cheaper price. I'm not sure. Many try to speak like they are able to read all the signs and spot trends. Pls, if you can do it accurately, you wouldn't be sitting in front of the pc and writing the above....

Once we received our money from the developer, all the neighbours were just asking each other what were we going to do with our money. Most of us are certainly plowing the money back into properties whether it's for own stay (some only have this 1 ppty) or investment. For you to suggest it's difficult to predict where actual demand is going to be shows either you are a novice or you have a hidden agenda to prices not rise so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65 View Post
    If really have time on your hand, i suggest you spend the time visiting show rooms instead of wasting your time trying to write a paper on property price trend or related papers. And if you still do it, please state that you are `Patches from condosingapore coz I will delete the report and not read it. On the 1 hand you talk about big picture property investors, next you talk about 12-16 months. Big picture investors do not even care what price movement is going to be in the next 24 mths. We look at the next 5 years, 10 years and see what the future holds for a particular country. Talking about 12-16 months is to time the market. i see you try to play down the effect of enbloc on resale or new sales. Not sure what's your agenda even if you said you are vested in this area. Maybe you would like to see prices drop further so that you can buy an investment property at a cheaper price. I'm not sure. Many try to speak like they are able to read all the signs and spot trends. Pls, if you can do it accurately, you wouldn't be sitting in front of the pc and writing the above....

Once we received our money from the developer, all the neighbours were just asking each other what were we going to do with our money. Most of us are certainly plowing the money back into properties whether it's for own stay (some only have this 1 ppty) or investment. For you to suggest it's difficult to predict where actual demand is going to be shows either you are a novice or you have a hidden agenda to prices not rise so soon.
    Calm down keyboard warrior, I visit showrooms, view resale units and new launches almost every week. At any one point in time have I not said what sort of investor I am. Big picture, small picture, why does it matter to you? To each its own? Why will I play down the effect of en bloc? I have already said this is a positive market impact driven by the en bloc cycle. I did play down the likelihood of Normanton Park potential en bloc, which got you very agitated. Clearly, you are attacking me for that. While I am vested in the near vicinity, I am being objective here.

Again, I have not made any assertions that I can read signs and spot trends; I suspect that you have been too defensive and reading too much. Bro, this is an online forum, and we are open to discussions which help improve our analysis and thought process. If you keep attacking people's opinions hiding behind your PC, then what is your agenda? Having an opinion is one thing. If you need to attack somebody to prove an opinion is another.

Calm down keyboard warrior, I visit showrooms, view resale units and new launches almost every week. At any one point in time have I not said what sort of investor I am. Big picture, small picture, why does it matter to you? To each its own? Why will I play down the effect of en bloc? I have already said this is a positive market impact driven by the en bloc cycle. I did play down the likelihood of Normanton Park potential en bloc, which got you very agitated. Clearly, you are attacking me for that. While I am vested in the near vicinity, I am being objective here.

Again, I have not made any assertions that I can read signs and spot trends; I suspect that you have been too defensive and reading too much. Bro, this is an online forum, and we are open to discussions which help improve our analysis and thought process. If you keep attacking people's opinions hiding behind your PC, then what is your agenda? Having an opinion is one thing. If you need to attack somebody to prove an opinion is another.
    "Keyboard warrior" hahaha....wonder who is the real keyboard warrior trying to play down HUDC enbloc effect. Uncle here while now do not own any more HUDC condos, has been through a couple of enbloc (ex-HUDC) to know the boon and bane of Enbloc and what do enblockers do with the monies collected. So don't come and pretend pretend say you are objective (ownself already admit you tried to play down effect of Normanton enbloc potential so you are already bias so how can you be objective?) and in the guise of trying to analysis this and that so as to be able to make informed 'big investor decisions'. End of the day, property is not for everyone. But it's also a relatively easy game to play in the long run if you have holding power of 5 years or more. 12 mths, 16 mths... you are gambling so no amount of analysis is going to turn it into a wise 'calculated move'. So don't kid yourself.

#15-155 NORMANTON PARK, 1 NORMANTON PARK – D05 has been put up for SHERIFF'S SALE

Apt, approx. 1,270sq ft, 99 yrs wef 1/11/1977, 3 b/rms

for Colliers Auciton on 31 Aug 2.30pm.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    #15-155 NORMANTON PARK, 1 NORMANTON PARK – D05 has been put up for SHERIFF'S SALE

Apt, approx. 1,270sq ft, 99 yrs wef 1/11/1977, 3 b/rms

for Colliers Auciton on 31 Aug 2.30pm.
    Nice no. Wonder if there will be a ' bidding war'. I hear there was an unofficial ' auction ' for a Florence Regency unit recently at the void deck ,in view of the en bloc

"Keyboard warrior" hahaha....wonder who is the real keyboard warrior trying to play down HUDC enbloc effect. Uncle here while now do not own any more HUDC condos, has been through a couple of enbloc (ex-HUDC) to know the boon and bane of Enbloc and what do enblockers do with the monies collected. So don't come and pretend pretend say you are objective (ownself already admit you tried to play down effect of Normanton enbloc potential so you are already bias so how can you be objective?) and in the guise of trying to analysis this and that so as to be able to make informed 'big investor decisions'. End of the day, property is not for everyone. But it's also a relatively easy game to play in the long run if you have holding power of 5 years or more. 12 mths, 16 mths... you are gambling so no amount of analysis is going to turn it into a wise 'calculated move'. So don't kid yourself.
    En bloc cycle does not mean every piece of site go to market will get a bidder. We have seen how many failures in the past decade. If you own a unit at Normanton, dont feel too emotional just because some at the fence do not think there is as high a potential as other HUDC developments. One of my friends who have been staying there for over 30 years tell me how desperate they are to get rid off this property. Wish you (and my friend) luck and hope you can get en bloc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip09 View Post
    Nice no. Wonder if there will be a ' bidding war'. I hear there was an unofficial ' auction ' for a Florence Regency unit recently at the void deck ,in view of the en bloc
    Yes, there were a few transactions at Florence Regency last few months... hmm... Surprising though...

En bloc cycle does not mean every piece of site go to market will get a bidder. We have seen how many failures in the past decade. If you own a unit at Normanton, dont feel too emotional just because some at the fence do not think there is as high a potential as other HUDC developments. One of my friends who have been staying there for over 30 years tell me how desperate they are to get rid off this property. Wish you (and my friend) luck and hope you can get en bloc.
    I am only interested in all enbloc insofar it removes supply...and cheap supply from the market. It then recycles the money back into the economy and mostly back to properties in 1 way or another (new sale, resale, HDB, OCR, RCR, CCR, Condo, Landed etc) While it's not 100% recycled, i dare say more than 50% goes back to the system.

So you if you wish me luck, you are also wishing all property investors luck. Only those who wishes to see prices drop would hope for enbloc to fail and usually their agenda is so that they can enter the market for investment properties at a cheaper price point.

I have stated before i am vested in properties (D2, 3, 10 and overseas) but not Normanton. Nevertheless, i am happy to see this go enbloc and thus disagree with your shallow brushing off of this site as undesirable for reasons i have no clue. Good catchment of high tech workers, proximity to MRT stations, potential to launch 3 bedder (1000 sqf at $1,500 psf min), near to expressway, education institutions for locals and foreigners....man....i feel like I'm a ppty agent peddling this condo....and in fact, does anybody want to sell me a unit at Normanton Park??

By the way, you have not shared where else can i find brand new LH condo at $1000 psf for 1000 sqf units? Come show me where can i find it near Normanton and I'll shut my mouth.

I am only interested in all enbloc insofar it removes supply...and cheap supply from the market. It then recycles the money back into the economy and mostly back to properties in 1 way or another (new sale, resale, HDB, OCR, RCR, CCR, Condo, Landed etc) While it's not 100% recycled, i dare say more than 50% goes back to the system.

So you if you wish me luck, you are also wishing all property investors luck. Only those who wishes to see prices drop would hope for enbloc to fail and usually their agenda is so that they can enter the market for investment properties at a cheaper price point.

I have stated before i am vested in properties (D2, 3, 10 and overseas) but not Normanton. Nevertheless, i am happy to see this go enbloc and thus disagree with your shallow brushing off of this site as undesirable for reasons i have no clue. Good catchment of high tech workers, proximity to MRT stations, potential to launch 3 bedder (1000 sqf at $1,500 psf min), near to expressway, education institutions for locals and foreigners....man....i feel like I'm a ppty agent peddling this condo....and in fact, does anybody want to sell me a unit at Normanton Park??

By the way, you have not shared where else can i find brand new LH condo at $1000 psf for 1000 sqf units? Come show me where can i find it near Normanton and I'll shut my mouth.
    Why are we so similar in our investments yet possess such different opinions? I am vested in D2 and D10. I did not say that I am not happy for Normanton to go en bloc, all I said was to speculate on its likelihood. What shadow here and there? If I wish the price to go lower so I can buy therefore I made a post to downplay the likelihood? What sort of logic is that?

You clearly do not read, or have difficulty reading clearly. I have said secondary resale in my previous posts for 1000psf transactions around Normanton's vicinity.

So by writing one post and sharing with the forum that I think the likelihood of Normanton's en bloc success is low, you think it will sway or influence developer or the general public's opinion? I thank you for thinking what influence I can carry.

You can peddle however much you want, whichever property segment you like, but does not prevent others from having an opinion. Continue bashing down others in public forum through personal attacks and self-validation mate, but you know this isn't going to have your arguments validated.

Why are we so similar in our investments yet possess such different opinions? I am vested in D2 and D10. I did not say that I am not happy for Normanton to go en bloc, all I said was to speculate on its likelihood. What shadow here and there? If I wish the price to go lower so I can buy therefore I made a post to downplay the likelihood? What sort of logic is that?

You clearly do not read, or have difficulty reading clearly. I have said secondary resale in my previous posts for 1000psf transactions around Normanton's vicinity.

So by writing one post and sharing with the forum that I think the likelihood of Normanton's en bloc success is low, you think it will sway or influence developer or the general public's opinion? I thank you for thinking what influence I can carry.

You can peddle however much you want, whichever property segment you like, but does not prevent others from having an opinion. Continue bashing down others in public forum through personal attacks and self-validation mate, but you know this isn't going to have your arguments validated.
    Ok, case closed. There is no new LH condo that is below or in the region of $1,000 psf and 1,000 sqf. I just want to challenge your notion that Normanton enbloc success is low due to the fact 1,000 sqf units can't be sold at $1,500 psf (as suggested by Bargain Hunter which I agree is possible) because secondary market is going for $1,000 in the vincinity. I am basically putting it across to you that not all investors compare secondary vs primary units prices directly. There are investors who will just buy brand new condos regardless of the premium over secondary market units. I know because my wife is one of those. Buying for own stay is a totally different matter.

I read your posts very carefully...I'm just do not agree with your specific sweeping statements and reasons why Normanton enbloc success would be low. It may not succeed (for whatever reasons) but not because developers cannot price new 1,000 sqf units for $1,500 psf (in your own words "it will be a stretched' ) or that this location does not have enough pull factor for new buyers.

No I can't stop anyone from having an opinion and likewise nobody can't stop me from pointing out rubbish opinions