Thread: The Best way to describe HDB from Facebook friend.

Default The Best way to describe HDB from Facebook friend.

Recently, I read and hear many untruths or "attacks"on our government. One of them is HDB owners are not true owners of their flat.
    First of all, this is an unfounded accusation because our founding fathers came up with the idea of HDB ownership so that every citizen will have a stake in our country. Our nation building is built on this idea of home ownership so that everyone can have a stake on our economic progress.
    Of course the tenure of HDB is leasehold because we are a small city. Just Imagine the terrible state we will get ourselves into in future if we ran out of land to build new HDB for the future generation because the old HDB land cannot be recycled. We will end up with many high maintenance estates.
    99 years is a fair tenure as a human being life expectancy is around 70-80 years.
    One would expect the younger generation to have applied for new HDB instead of squatting in the old ones of their parents since the old HDB was a means to give the young generations the quality of life for their growing up.
    When the young are later grown up and able to afford a larger HDB like EC, their parents can also sell their old flats and use the cash as retirement support when they move in to stay with their children in the EC, for example.
    If HDB owners are not true owners, then they will not have the rights to sell nor to rent or renovate their flats; much like car rental. It is because they are owners, that is why they have the rights of a property owners.
    Singapore HDB owners are the luckiest property owners on this planet because for new applicants, free money are given to help them pay towards the HDB in the form of subsidies. Which government in this world will do this ?
    And when they sell or upgrade their flats to larger private condos or EC in future, this will also unlock the cash in their purchases and help in their new upgrades. In fact, this is free money contributed towards one's wealth as a result.
    Further, with the CPF utilization towards the payment of a new flat. The flat owners need not worry about their monthly installment at all .
    The demand of the HDB market is carefully controlled in a way to benefit the HDB owners and prevent unfair competition from rich speculators.
    Because only locals and PR can buy HDB. If it were a fully open market, then the result of escalating prices of the resales HDB market would make it beyond the affordability of many and crippled the resales market. PR also ensure a stable demand for HDB resales market, but they are not allowed to apply for a new flat where subsidies are given to help local own a flat.

So True. But Some naive people believe the BS spew all over internet.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wow!
    minority the BIGGEST LIAR here is still around and continue to spill more LIES??????

minority,
    Since you are still around here, why not you confirm to us whether you are claiming that Olam has rigged its book in order to avoid paying taxes on capital injection???? (since you claimed that PUB must pay taxes on Gov's capital injection!)

The truth actually is, your statement suit you very well:
    DONT COME F**K LIE LAH.

BLOODY LIAR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    minority,

More bullshit from you? Ha ha ha!

If capital injection must be included as revenue/profit, then why Olam put "Capital Injection" as an item in "Cash flows from investing activities"?

You can see the FACTS here in Page 19:
    http://49tmko49h46b4e0czy3rlqaye1b.w...eport_FY16.pdf

So, if based on what you said, capital injection must be included as revenue/profit, then are you telling us that Olam is then trying to avoid income taxes by putting "capital injection $" as "Cash flows from investing activities"?

You claimed that:

SHOW ME IN IRAS SAY GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTION ARE NOT TAXABLE?? SHOW ME!!! PROVE ME WRONG!
    COMPANY A NEGATIVE GET A CONTRIBUTION FROM COMPANY B AND A END THE BOOKS POSITIVE! SO SHOULD HAVE NO TAX!!!???? WTF LOGIC???

Based on what you claimed, Olam should have reflected the "capital injection $" into revenue/profit in Income Statement and pay the corporate income taxes for this amount! By putting "capital injection $" in "Cash flows from investing activities", Olam has avoided paying corporate income taxes for this amount!

So minority, are you accusing Olam of trying rig its book to avoid paying income taxes (and considering that Olam if majority-controlled by Temasek!)????????

minority,
    Don't come here to bullshit to malign Olam and Temasek ok?!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    OH HOW IS INJECTION INTO A COMPANY NOT BE CONSIDERED INCOME? DIDN'T THE BOOKS END UP POSITIVE AFTER??? SHOW ME IN IRAS SAY GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTION ARE NOT TAXABLE?? SHOW ME!!! PROVE ME WRONG!

SO A F**K LIKE YOU RUN COMPANIES

COMPANY A NEGATIVE GET A CONTRIBUTION FROM COMPANY B AND A END THE BOOKS POSITIVE! SO SHOULD HAVE NO TAX!!!???? WTF LOGIC??? COZ BOOKS WAS POSITIVE BEFORE INJECTION???

AND COMPANY B WAS POSITIVE BUT AFTER THAT CONTRIBUTION TO A BECOME NEGATIVE??? SO NO TAX FOR COMPANY B TOO?????

DONT COME F**K LIE LAH.

FACT IS BOOKS WAS POSITIVE AFTER CONTRIBUTION THUS TAX ARE PAID!

SO DONT COME TWIST THE FACT THAT PUB WAS NEGATIVE BEFORE GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTION!!!

COME COME U DONT AGREE I CHALLENGE U GO MAKE A POLICE REPORT ON CORPORATE FRAUD!!!! GO!!! SHOW US LEH!!!!

BLOODY LIAR!!!!

Last edited by teddybear; 23-07-17 at 23:44.

From my personal point of view, no right no wrong I hope.

HDB was started as a rental housing for the people, most do not believe in owning including my last father. (My father rent the 3 room HDB until HDB force him to buy for SGD 6,600)

When it starts, HDB also intends to let the resident manage the estate but stop instead Town Council was formed.

LKY start to build the bigger unit for the people but as time past HDB start to build smaller unit instead. (BTO no more 5 room improve Model only 5 room HDB at 110 sqm.)https://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/201...king-hdb-flat/

LKY believe in giving the people a piece of property they can defend and a way for the government to channel money to the people but over the years things change.

People used to be able to buy any size of HDB regardless of how little they earn but MSR stops the practice. (I bought my 4 room A model 105 sqm SGD 83,000 with whatever I have in my civil service CPF and also bought my 5 room I Model 126 sqm SGD 250,000 with no MSR)

CPF was enough for the people to retire but GFC opens the flood gate to money printing, those who miss the boat get to see their money buying less.(My father was able to buy a resale HDB for my grandmother to stay when he reach 55 years old but I was not able to buy for for him.)

People only get to see the 99 years leashold issue, they don't get to see what they lost over the years.

I can only say if you can buy and still thinking can wait may God Bless you and all the Best to you.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 24-07-17 at 00:37.

Wow!
    minority the BIGGEST LIAR here is still around and continue to spill more LIES??????

minority,
    Since you are still around here, why not you confirm to us whether you are claiming that Olam has rigged its book in order to avoid paying taxes on capital injection???? (since you claimed that PUB must pay taxes on Gov's capital injection!)

DONT COME F**K LIE LAH.

BLOODY LIAR!!!!

HERE COME THE LIAR!!!!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    From my personal point of view, no right no wrong I hope.

HDB was started as a rental housing for the people, most do not believe in owning including my last father. (My father rent the 3 room HDB until HDB force him to buy for SGD 6,600)

When it starts, HDB also intends to let the resident manage the estate but stop instead Town Council was formed.

LKY start to build the bigger unit for the people but as time past HDB start to build smaller unit instead. (BTO no more 5 room improve Model only 5 room HDB at 110 sqm.)https://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/201...king-hdb-flat/

LKY believe in giving the people a piece of property they can defend and a way for the government to channel money to the people but over the years things change.

People used to be able to buy any size of HDB regardless of how little they earn but MSR stops the practice. (I bought my 4 room A model 105 sqm SGD 83,000 with whatever I have in my civil service CPF and also bought my 5 room I Model 126 sqm SGD 250,000 with no MSR)

CPF was enough for the people to retire but GFC opens the flood gate to money printing, those who miss the boat get to see their money buying less.(My father was able to buy a resale HDB for my grandmother to stay when he reach 55 years old but I was not able to buy for for him.)

People only get to see the 99 years leashold issue, they don't get to see what they lost over the years.

I can only say if you can buy and still thinking can wait may God Bless you and all the Best to you.
    I think its very clear the HDB owners owns the unit. even if its lease hold. Coz like you mention they can choose to rent it out , sell for a profit. and if they pass they residue market value can be pass on to children.

If HDB owners are not owners coz its leashold then condo owners LH99 or LH999 are also not owners too. Coz its LeasHold.... The narrative by alot of those mislead folks are just not logical.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

I think its very clear the HDB owners owns the unit. even if its lease hold. Coz like you mention they can choose to rent it out , sell for a profit. and if they pass they residue market value can be pass on to children.

If HDB owners are not owners coz its leashold then condo owners LH99 or LH999 are also not owners too. Coz its LeasHold.... The narrative by alot of those mislead folks are just not logical.
    People fail to see what they lost over the years.

It is not whether HDB is your own property or lease from HDB, it is about the changes which most don't know.

What you don't know, it doesn't hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    People fail to see what they lost over the years.

It is not whether HDB is your own property or lease from HDB, it is about the changes which most don't know.

What you don't know, it doesn't hurt you.
    Where is the "Like" button for this post?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

minority,
    You keep lying here and sooner or later people will find the FACT and EVIDENCE to prove that you are the LIAR!

What is the point of keep repeating "you are the liar" without being able to back up your claim?

Now you don't even dare to repeat your claim and confirm that company must pay income tax on their capital injection when I pointed out the Olam case (because Olam didn't pay income tax on their capital injection when you insisted that PUB must pay income income tax on their capital injection)! LOL!

DONT COME F**K LIE LAH.

BLOODY LIAR!!!!

HERE COME THE LIAR!!!!
    Wow!

minority,

DONT COME F**K LIE LAH.

BLOODY LIAR!!!!