Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D9 and D11, which district is better?

But I am an investor and my focus is on psf, location and yield. From this perspective, older condos provide better value. Hope I am making sense.

[Thanks.

1) I just note that there is a condo call "visioncrest residence", which appears to be close to Dhoby Ghaut MRT.
    However, my agent tells me that this condo is getting old but the price is not cheap...about 1900-2100per sqft and it is difficult to rent out.
    Same comment for Urbana and The Regalia.
    It is true? What is your opinion on these condos?

2) My agent also took me to visit Trilight 2 room last weekend, I like this project but the maintenance fees are very high, close to SGD700. Why the fees can be so high?

I am sorry that I have asked many questions.
    However, I have pressure to make the decision asap, but I still have no idea which one I should buy. =.=]

That area has two categories of tenants - (1) the value hunters who cannot pay more than $4k, but the family size still requires a 3 bedder, and (2) the well paid Caucasians and Jap tenants who can pay between $4.5k-6k, but with strong preference for big/new projects like Rivergate. For (i), such tenants go for old condos like Euro Asia Court, Riveria Point, Regalia, Pacific Mansion. You look at squarefootresearch, the rental contracts all fall between $3200-3900, translating into $3psf. If you are paying $1.3-1.5m, yield still holds at ard 3%, before maintenance fees. If you are paying $1.9-$2m (as in the case of Regalia), yield sucks. Anyway quick thoughts below.

Visioncrest - location is not bad, though there are a few things going against it. It is next to Tank Road Hindu temple, and that is the start/end point of Thaipusam procession every year. The temple itself is huge. It is also within ERP, so you pay to go home. The biggest concern is the land plot in front of the development. The parcel is also zoned residential/commercial. Your unit will be staring into someone's apartment if anything comes up in front of it.

Urbana - not bad, about 10 years old. Rental holds up at $4.5psf on average.

Regalia - did you view the unit? If you have, and are asking this question, I rest my case. Otherwise, go and view. Pay attention to the size of the rooms and the overall efficiency of the floor plan, cos these are the things which no amount of renovation can overhaul. Development is old. Close to 25 years if I am not wrong.

Trilight - no idea. I am not a D11 person. The proximity to schools (ACS, SCGS) is the biggest selling factor in my view, which is only useful for self stay (asssuming kids are in these schools) and not a huge selling point to tenants. Depending on where u get, morning traffic can be bad. Anyway, I know nuts about D11, so plse take my words with a huge barrel of salt. D10 is nice though. If I have moolah, I'd prefer D10 over D11/D9.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Trilight - no idea.
    Let me share this then, 2 bedders. High floor, some with good facing, nice.
    Internal layout is no good. Super huge bay windows, and also there is no recess area for the private lift landing.

Landscape....reasonable but too small

Thanks new2mondrian. It is very detail and information.

1) For your comment on Visioncrest - Tank Road Hindu temple and the land in front of the development, I am a little bit confuse. Are you referring to The Imperial?

2) For Regalia, I have no chance to look at it as my agent has banned this condo.

I will continue my D9, D10 and D11 hunting in the coming weekend.

Apologies, my bad. Visioncrest is down the road from Tank Road temple, hence not next to it. But the comment on the empty plot of land in front stands. If your unit looks at Chicago Booth building, it should be fine. But if it looks to the empty land beside Chicago Booth, then something may come up right front.

The whole D9/10 has very wide pricing range even for FH. Even the relatively newer (10 years or less) FH like Shanghai One are transacting at 14xxpsf. Hence u can look around.

Totally irrelevant but still interesting though, I think South Buona Vista road area is severely undervalued. The condos there are all freehold, except for Vista Park. And most FH condos there are transacting at $9xx-$11xxpsf. It is not far from One North/Rochester Road area, where all properties are 99-year and transacting at 20-30% price premium. When the tunnel between South Buona Vista road to Normanton Park Road is done, South Buona Vista will have direct connectivity into Queensway/PIE. If I am to sink money into anything right now, I'd be looking seriously into sinking more into that area, rather than D9/10/11.

Too bad no dry powder, hence sharing here for all the fellow kakis. Anyway happy searching!

Apologies, my bad. Visioncrest is down the road from Tank Road temple, hence not next to it. But the comment on the empty plot of land in front stands. If your unit looks at Chicago Booth building, it should be fine. But if it looks to the empty land beside Chicago Booth, then something may come up right front.

Totally irrelevant but still interesting though, I think South Buona Vista road area is severely undervalued. The condos there are all freehold, except for Vista Park. And most FH condos there are transacting at $9xx-$11xxpsf.
    Thanks.

I just ask my agent to arrange visits for South Buona Vista road area, but she tells me that the price should be around 12xx-15xxpsf for those condos that are close to haw par villa mrt station or Pasir Panjang mrt station.
    The Orient is selling at 19xx psf.

Those that are still asking for 11xx psf are small projects and not close to mrt stations. Anyway, I will take a look in this area to see if there is any good buy.

https://www.24oneresidencess.com/

This one is 500m from Haw Par Villa MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post
    https://www.24oneresidencess.com/

This one is 500m from Haw Par Villa MRT.
    This one only has 24 units and it is selling at 17xx-18xx psf

The orient is a small project too, only 52 units.

Yup took a quick look at propguru.

You are out of luck with South Buona Vista. Last year tonnes of sellers asking for 9xx-11xxpsf. This year the units for sale in that area were really few. From an investment standpoint, that is a great area due to low psf, lack of units and no lack of tenants from Science Park, Biopolis, Mediapolis, Fusionpolis and Mapletree business city. Looks like sellers who wanted to sell have sold. Anyway, u can focus your search back to D9/10/11.

By the way, just to share - this is my dream property. If I have the money, I'd get a unit at The Peak. It sits on top of a hill, surrounded by parks and greenery, and it is the only development up that hill. If you have time, u can drive up just to kaypoh.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...k-20808/sale/1
    Last edited by new2mondrian; 03-08-17 at 18:02.

Yup took a quick look at propguru.

You are out of luck with South Buona Vista. Last year tonnes of sellers asking for 9xx-11xxpsf. This year the units for sale in that area were really few. From an investment standpoint, that is a great area due to low psf, lack of units and no lack of tenants from Science Park, Biopolis, Mediapolis, Fusionpolis and Mapletree business city. Looks like sellers who wanted to sell have sold. Anyway, u can focus your search back to D9/10/11.

By the way, just to share - this is my dream property. If I have the money, I'd get a unit at The Peak. It sits on top of a hill, surrounded by parks and greenery, and it is the only development up that hill. If you have time, u can drive up just to kaypoh.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...k-20808/sale/1
    while it is true that the location here is pretty easy to rent out (mapletree city is nearby), do note that at the end of SBV road where viva vista is will see two more developments coming (the stretch between SBV and the west coast flyover). i believe roxy pac and oxley bought up the old developments there to redevelop (lotus and harbour view condo). there are experienced property investors who dislike SBV road location, and amenities (other than the MRT) are lacking (there's nothing to eat there if you're not driving. always end up eating at the corner jizar opposite the old cold storage). If i had the budget for D9 i wouldn't consider this area, although it also boils down to what kind of bargains one can find. just personal opinion.
    Last edited by tonymontana; 03-08-17 at 18:21.

Thanks.

My luck is not good.

The market is moving now and my agent keep chasing me to make decision quickly.
    The problem is that the units that are available for visit are all low floors - 2nd to 4th floor and there are many people visiting the condos during my visit (open house).
    It is difficult for me to make the decision.

Anyway, I will take some rest if I cannot find a good target.

Keep moving on fast. Consider multiple agents and multiple developments.

Quote Originally Posted by DCC View Post
    Thanks.

My luck is not good.

The problem is that the units that are available for visit are all low floors - 2nd to 4th floor and there are many people visiting the condos during my visit (open house).

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Never buy any private condo estate <100 units. You will live to regret it (just like so many other older birds).....................

This one only has 24 units and it is selling at 17xx-18xx psf

The orient is a small project too, only 52 units.

Problem with Pasir Panjang road and south bourna vista road is the heavy traffic and traffic congestions during peak hours. Don't have space to expand the road too because quite many houses on both sides close to the road.

Not a good place for own stay.

And looks like there are going to be many many more new developments coming up to compete with existing resale properties there...........

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    while it is true that the location here is pretty easy to rent out (mapletree city is nearby), do note that at the end of SBV road where viva vista is will see two more developments coming (the stretch between SBV and the west coast flyover). i believe roxy pac and oxley bought up the old developments there to redevelop (lotus and harbour view condo). there are experienced property investors who dislike SBV road location, and amenities (other than the MRT) are lacking (there's nothing to eat there if you're not driving. always end up eating at the corner jizar opposite the old cold storage). If i had the budget for D9 i wouldn't consider this area, although it also boils down to what kind of bargains one can find. just personal opinion.

We see eye to eye finally.

It's FH here though and tenants may prefer to walk or take public transport to work in the close vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Problem with Pasir Panjang road and south bourna vista road is the heavy traffic and traffic congestions during peak hours. Don't have space to expand the road too because quite many houses on both sides close to the road.

And looks like there are going to be many many more new developments coming up to compete with existing resale properties there...........

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    We see eye to eye finally.

It's FH here though and tenants may prefer to walk or take public transport to work in the close vicinity.
    see mi eye.. that guy is a worm. dont have eye.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

i never said SBV/Pasir panjang not good
    i think it's pretty ok for own stay. i certainly wouldn't mind. mondrian mentioned peak @ balmeg i visited a friend there a while back, it's nice. only thing is looking for food is gonna be a problem if i don't drive.
    but my point is this area is NOT better than D9 like robertson/river valley.
    i also think mount faber / telok blangah should be better than SBV. there's a very old red brick condo there faber lodge or something. haven't been inside but i'd imagine it's a nice place to stay too.

minority,
    Wow!
    Didn't know you the BIGGEST LIAR here is still around to spill more LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 thing I am very SURE is that nobody will see EYE TO EYE with YOU otherwise he/she will also become BIGGEST LIAR like you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!
    minority the BIGGEST LIAR here is still around and continue to spill more LIES??????

minority,
    Since you are still around here, why not you confirm to us whether you are claiming that Olam has rigged its book in order to avoid paying taxes on capital injection???? (since you claimed that PUB must pay taxes on Gov's capital injection!)

The truth actually is, your statement suit you very well:
    DONT COME F**K LIE LAH.

BLOODY LIAR!!!!

minority,

More bullshit from you? Ha ha ha!

If capital injection must be included as revenue/profit, then why Olam put "Capital Injection" as an item in "Cash flows from investing activities"?

You can see the FACTS here in Page 19:
    http://49tmko49h46b4e0czy3rlqaye1b.w...eport_FY16.pdf

So, if based on what you said, capital injection must be included as revenue/profit, then are you telling us that Olam is then trying to avoid income taxes by putting "capital injection $" as "Cash flows from investing activities"?

You claimed that:

SHOW ME IN IRAS SAY GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTION ARE NOT TAXABLE?? SHOW ME!!! PROVE ME WRONG!
    COMPANY A NEGATIVE GET A CONTRIBUTION FROM COMPANY B AND A END THE BOOKS POSITIVE! SO SHOULD HAVE NO TAX!!!???? WTF LOGIC???

Based on what you claimed, Olam should have reflected the "capital injection $" into revenue/profit in Income Statement and pay the corporate income taxes for this amount! By putting "capital injection $" in "Cash flows from investing activities", Olam has avoided paying corporate income taxes for this amount!

So minority, are you accusing Olam of trying rig its book to avoid paying income taxes (and considering that Olam if majority-controlled by Temasek!)????????

minority,
    Don't come here to bullshit to malign Olam and Temasek ok?!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    OH HOW IS INJECTION INTO A COMPANY NOT BE CONSIDERED INCOME? DIDN'T THE BOOKS END UP POSITIVE AFTER??? SHOW ME IN IRAS SAY GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTION ARE NOT TAXABLE?? SHOW ME!!! PROVE ME WRONG!

SO A F**K LIKE YOU RUN COMPANIES

COMPANY A NEGATIVE GET A CONTRIBUTION FROM COMPANY B AND A END THE BOOKS POSITIVE! SO SHOULD HAVE NO TAX!!!???? WTF LOGIC??? COZ BOOKS WAS POSITIVE BEFORE INJECTION???

AND COMPANY B WAS POSITIVE BUT AFTER THAT CONTRIBUTION TO A BECOME NEGATIVE??? SO NO TAX FOR COMPANY B TOO?????

DONT COME F**K LIE LAH.

FACT IS BOOKS WAS POSITIVE AFTER CONTRIBUTION THUS TAX ARE PAID!

SO DONT COME TWIST THE FACT THAT PUB WAS NEGATIVE BEFORE GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTION!!!

COME COME U DONT AGREE I CHALLENGE U GO MAKE A POLICE REPORT ON CORPORATE FRAUD!!!! GO!!! SHOW US LEH!!!!

BLOODY LIAR!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    see mi eye.. that guy is a worm. dont have eye.

Thanks.

My luck is not good.

If it is not what you want, no need to feel pressured to commit.

Good night Uncle Teddybear.

I note that you are an active member in this forum and it appears that you are very familiar with the property market.
    I would like to obtain your view:

1) Based on the current market, do you suggest me to continue looking for 2nd hand condo in D9,10,11 or shift my focus to other districts or go direct ahead for new launch, such as martin modern?

2) As the market seems recovering (actually quite bullish based on what I have seen), if I cannot find any target in this weekend, do you suggest me to wait for a while until the market cool down or don't stop and continue my property search?

3) Do you think the recent property market recovery is a long lasting one, say at least last for 1-2 years.

Actually, I am very surprise that the market hardened despite the U.S. keep increasing interest rate!

Thanks.

Local interest rate has continued to dip as USD fell like crazy and should continue to do so with Trump in charge.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    If it is not what you want, no need to feel pressured to commit.
    Well said!

DCC, agents' interests may not always be aligned with yours. Agents are looking for a quick sale, so they move onto the next deal. Waiting out with you and scour for good deals, hence dragging out the entire process and injecting a lot more uncertainty in whether they can earn a cent out of you, is not in their interests. Have to do your own legwork too. Good luck!

About Pacific Mansion, those high floor city view unit also quite nice to stay . Space , space , space. Spend 150k can Reno until swee swee. Can achieve 5000 to 6000 per month rental.if rent out by rooms. Need to manage though. Select slightly better tenants , not hard to find. Now not many listings , wait for en bloc fail , maybe can steal one unit.

District 9 also can look at Sophia area, I have viewed one unit @ Sophia residence, compact 3 bed rooms 1027Sqft sold @ 1.6M only. Super good location, relatively new, by guocoland, much better value than those new launch.

Local interest rate has continued to dip as USD fell like crazy and should continue to do so with Trump in charge.
    As I am not a banker (nor property agent), I know nothing about SG interest rate mechanism. Is SG interest rate pegged to US interest rate or it is decided by MAS/SG bond yields?
    As US keeps increasing interest rate next year, would MAS force to follow and increase the rates?

Well said!

DCC, agents' interests may not always be aligned with yours. Agents are looking for a quick sale, so they move onto the next deal. Waiting out with you and scour for good deals, hence dragging out the entire process and injecting a lot more uncertainty in whether they can earn a cent out of you, is not in their interests. Have to do your own legwork too. Good luck!
    Yes, I will switch to other agent if I still cannot find any good buy.

But I can only visit the condo during weekend and I know that it is difficult to arrange a visit under the current market condition (not the fault of my agent).

I will also request my agent to arrange visits to Sophia Residence and Pacific Mansion

Singapore does not regulate interest rate, but it moderates the exchange rate against a basket of currencies.

If US increases its interest rate continually but USD continues to depreciate, it will have nett zero impact on SG interest rates even if it were our biggest export partner.

A strengthening USD plus increasing interest rates for USD (transient period during and after Trump election), that was a wee bit worrying. That period is over for some time and US has reverted back to their old patterns again.

But we all know at the end of the day, Trump is a businessman, so he can only go a certain direction.

As I am not a banker (nor property agent), I know nothing about SG interest rate mechanism. Is SG interest rate pegged to US interest rate or it is decided by MAS/SG bond yields?
    As US keeps increasing interest rate next year, would MAS force to follow and increase the rates?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

But we all know at the end of the day, Trump is a businessman, so he can only go a certain direction.
    His protectionist stance is to keep US dollar deflated for as long as it can so that goods manufactured in the US (or so he thinks it should) will be cheaper and easier to export. However, the Feds are trying very hard to justify upward trending in the near to mid term. This is counter intuitive as borrowing costs will be higher which prevented those companies from setting up shop here to start manufacturing.

This deadlock stance will keep spiralling until Congress decides which way to go. From Trump perspective, it is always about 'America First' and the world second. He will not care much about the interest rates as opposed to keeping the Red Necks happy with job promises. What an interesting world of ironies we live in today.

From the way I see it, locally, our dollar should not strengthen any much higher so that foreign investors can keep coming to set up shop and churn the economy. Including the property market.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    About Pacific Mansion, those high floor city view unit also quite nice to stay . Space , space , space. Spend 150k can Reno until swee swee. Can achieve 5000 to 6000 per month rental.if rent out by rooms. Need to manage though. Select slightly better tenants , not hard to find. Now not many listings , wait for en bloc fail , maybe can steal one unit.
    i did a check recently, 1.6m rental 3k. hardly stellar. The same unit was in the region of 450k in 2006 to 2007. So you'll be fighting against all these old timers.
    many "nighclub" hostess looking types hanging around outside in the late evenings, going to work. (alright, to be fair, i haven't visited this area around evenings for a long time already).

I doubt DCC (who is buying for own stay) would like pacific mansion.