Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D9 and D11, which district is better?

Very true. I suspect two groups of people may actually draw more from CPF in their lifetime - the least stressed and the obscenely rich, especially if they incorporated good diet and exercise to their advantage.

The majority of us at this forum, stressed out at work and no time to eat well and exercise well, most likely we will be forking out the bills for the other two groups, unless we attain the stage of passive income handling all our daily expenses and quickly incorporate those factors into our lives. Those in stressful investment schemes also deal with an additional layer of stress that limits one's lifespan.

May all be blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    The qualifier and assumption for any investment is you get to see ALL of it while you (not as legacy) still can. Even if CPF promises me double digit XX% returns, I will not wing it because there is a mortality probability that I might not see ALL of it. The CPF analysts will have put in this equation based on our nation's health. Sorry to report that it is getting worse than ever before even we are living longer. This can dent a very big hole for our nation's wealth. Does this then puts me off CPF? Of course not. It is a wonderful safety net system which I dare say is one of the best in the world. MediShield is just as awesome.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/fe...ssons-for-u-s/

We are living longer yes, but we have more diseases than ever before so much so National Day Rally has to touch on this. IMHO, I have doubts I can touch all of whatever I have saved inside CPF. Like I said, this is a national social financial system therefore it also means not all of us will benefit from it equally. Just like $5,000 means differently to all of us. Those in D9/10 will see it very differently from those in one room flats.

Consistent 4-5% for property returns may be small or insignificant to some of us but at least I get to use it now for whatever I please. Just like options, futures, bonds and whatever you can invest in except CPF. Maybe some of you are of age to withdraw some of it. I am not even sure I can live till 55 on some days when my 40+ year old friends are already six feet under.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Very true. I suspect two groups of people may actually draw more from CPF in their lifetime - the least stressed and the obscenely rich, especially if they incorporated good diet and exercise to their advantage.

The majority of us at this forum, stressed out at work and no time to eat well and exercise well, most likely we will be forking out the bills for the other two groups, unless we attain the stage of passive income handling all our daily expenses and quickly incorporate those factors into our lives. Those in stressful investment schemes also deal with an additional layer of stress that limits one's lifespan.

May all be blessed.
    https://www.facebook.com/Diabetes-1071473759546520/

There is a cure problem is not many believe it is so simple, save money, save Time.

Type 2 diabetes is 100% curable.
    It's a food illness. Too much fats.
    A whole foods plant based no oil diet will reverse it.
    But... most people can't give up meat, dairy, eggs & oils.

Knowledge is power. Now our nation wants to set things right from infant to pre-primary. Subjects will certainly include healthy living for the tiny tots. Stubborn mind is hard to change when older. That includes me!

Wishing you all great health.

After being rejected twice, I am able to buy a condo unit in D11.
    High floor, close to MRT, freehold, around 1200 sq ft, SGD 2m.

Thanks everyone for your advices.

Quote Originally Posted by DCC View Post

Do you mind sharing which development? Sound rather attractive for 1670 psf

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    Wait until sales conclude then share safer. At least sign OTP.

It's a kelong world...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Wait until sales conclude then share safer. At least sign OTP.

It's a kelong world...
    yes, absolutely.

and personally, i don't like to share share too much. things can become complicated. esp if your new neighbours are reading this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DCC View Post

congrats and enjoy your new purchase

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    No need to share. The psf seems cheap just because the condo is old and the project is small, that's all.

The timing is not good (suddenly many people want to buy property and they have more budget than me!),
    my luck is bad (most condos that allow me to visit are very low floor),
    and my agent is not helpful (keep chasing me to make offers). >.<
    Last edited by DCC; 24-08-17 at 19:07.

1200 sqft

2mil ?

thats 1667 psf

i do not know how new or old it is ... but how is 1667 psf cheap ?

my friend bought just 2 mths ago ... a FH in D11
    walking distance to Novena station

2500 sqft at 2.33 mil
    thats 932 psf

it is an old condo.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I believe your friend didn't buy a "condo", he just bought an "apartment" with limited to no facility or he bought one with lots of un-usable space like roof-top terrace?

For FH condo (with facilities) in Novena area of 1200 sqft (without useless space), $1667 psf is already the cheapest you can hope to get......

What do you expect when Hougang 99-years LH 1200 sqft (but actual usable space only like 960 sqft (much less than the 1200 sqft FH older condo)) already selling at >$1500 psf?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    1200 sqft

2mil ?

thats 1667 psf

2500 sqft at 2.33 mil
    thats 932 psf

it is an old condo.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    I believe your friend didn't buy a "condo", he just bought an "apartment" with limited to no facility or he bought one with lots of un-usable space like roof-top terrace?

For FH condo (with facilities) in Novena area of 1200 sqft (without useless space), $1667 psf is already the cheapest you can hope to get......

What do you expect when Hougang 99-years LH 1200 sqft (but actual usable space only like 960 sqft (much less than the 1200 sqft FH older condo)) already selling at >$1500 psf?
    yes you are right

it has no swimming pool ...

just a club house, play ground , security guard..

it is PURE 2500 sqft of internal space ..

4 huge ensuite bedrooms ( can put 2 king bed)
    huge living room
    huge dining room
    huge kitchen
    1 store room
    1 maid's room
    1 toilet for maid

The problem with such big apartment unit is that there are very few willing buyers!

When people buy private strata-title properties, they are looking for facilities, so no facility is a killer!

Next, to renovate a 2500 sqft unit, the person will need to fork out about $100 psf = $250,000 for renovation!
    Most Singaporeans has no such cash to spare, so DIE DIE must buy OVER-PRICED new 99-years LH property (can borrow 80% and don't need to renovate).

It is easy to foresee that such apartment unit's price will be difficult to appreciate as not many willing buyers around.

Also, I guess the location your friend bought the unit is in the "poorer" area, that is, behind Tan Tock Seng Hospital, which is not a favorable area (that is why so "cheap" in terms of $PSF), and actually the walk to Novena MRT station is not direct, can be easily >10 mins!

yes you are right

it has no swimming pool ...

just a club house, play ground , security guard..

it is PURE 2500 sqft of internal space ..

4 huge ensuite bedrooms ( can put 2 king bed)
    huge living room
    huge dining room
    huge kitchen
    1 store room
    1 maid's room
    1 toilet for maid

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    The problem with such big apartment unit is that there are very few willing buyers!

When people buy private strata-title properties, they are looking for facilities, so no facility is a killer!

Next, to renovate a 2500 sqft unit, the person will need to fork out about $100 psf = $250,000 for renovation!
    Most Singaporeans has no such cash to spare, so DIE DIE must buy OVER-PRICED new 99-years LH property (can borrow 80% and don't need to renovate).

It is easy to foresee that such apartment unit's price will be difficult to appreciate as not many willing buyers around.

Also, I guess the location your friend bought the unit is in the "poorer" area, that is, behind Tan Tock Seng Hospital, which is not a favorable area (that is why so "cheap" in terms of $PSF), and actually the walk to Novena MRT station is not direct, can be easily >10 mins!

they have started renovation... about $180k

actually there are very few to no seller in that project... hardly available ... hard to find FH 2500 sqft and below 1000 psf

yes abt 10mins walk to MRT.. but very quiet environement ..

they also have PH units that are like 5000 sqft

they have started renovation... about $180k

actually there are very few to no seller in that project... hardly available ... hard to find FH 2500 sqft and below 1000 psf

yes abt 10mins walk to MRT.. but very quiet environement ..

they also have PH units that are like 5000 sqft
    Some like Big Apartment others like tiny, to each his own.

When one age his or her need change.

When you stay in a nursing home you have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

When you stay in a nursing home you have nothing.
    While it might be a taboo to stay in a nursing home for some age group in Singapore, there will be quite a few to choose from a few years from now. I am not against staying in one in the future. Those in Australia looks pretty good too. I just hope to be able to afford better elderly care services in future.

You might not have nothing if you set up your sunset finances prudently. For example, if your high end nursing home costs $5K a month, your investment rental collected each month may be able to cover it or most of it. Critically, who is the one watching these finances for you which to me is of higher concern. A sunset trust fund maybe? Just a thought.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

My question to all here ... for your opinions please ...

1200 sqft FH condo 1667 psf

2500 sqft FH Apt 932 psf

which is expensive ? taking into account :

both being FH D11
    1200 sqft 2500 sqft
    condo ( full facilities) an Apt ( playground, car park , club house , security guard )
    closer to MRT 10 mins walk to MRT

which is EXPENSIVE ?

My friend bought investment D9 freehold unit @1.61m , 1040psf. Compared to nearby 99LH selling @2000++ psf.
    Which is more expensive ?
    Definitely not fair to compare in this way.
    One is pacific mansion, the other is Martin Modern. Someone prefer new and facilities , someone only looking at rental yield and potential.
    But for own stay , would go for Yong An if have budget !

Age of unit? Purpose of purchase?

Expensive also depends on the intention.

For shiokness of space (although never use mostly) or to physically house large families 2500 sqft better. When enbloc should also be selling more space.

For newness of the environment or for rental, I presume smaller units easier to manage?

2500 sqft FH Apt 932 psf

both being FH D11
    1200 sqft 2500 sqft
    condo ( full facilities) an Apt ( playground, car park , club house , security guard )

which is EXPENSIVE ?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I guess the maintenance fees between Pacific Mansion will be very different too.

2500 sqft FH Apt 932 psf

both being FH D11
    1200 sqft 2500 sqft

which is EXPENSIVE ?
    Not enough info to answer.

You can only say something is EXPENSIVE if you compare the exact same thing.
    For eg: if I buy a plate of noodles at AMK for $3, but the same plate of noodles (same amount and similar quality) in a mall at $7, then the second plate is EXPENSIVE.

So to answer your question, you need to compare the two units to their respective peer units in their respective developments.

For eg: If the 1200 sft condo has transacted for 1800psf average, then it is not expensive at 1667psf.
    But if the second condo is normally transacted at 800psf, then your friends' 932 psf is expensive.

Btw, 2.3m puts some landed freehold terraces within it's budget.

which is more expensive is really subjective if you are buying for own stay..........
    Some people prefer condo with facilities but do not need so big space will prefer the 1200 sqft.
    Those who need big space will go for 2500 sqft at the expense of facilities (that is called no choice, else might as well go go for 2500 sqft with facilities if money is no concern).

However for investment purpose with intention of renting out, obviously the 1200 sqft FH condo with facilities at $1667 psf is more worth buying than the 2500 sqft without facilities.

2500 sqft FH Apt 932 psf

both being FH D11
    1200 sqft 2500 sqft

which is EXPENSIVE ?

1200 sqft

2mil ?

thats 1667 psf

2500 sqft at 2.33 mil
    thats 932 psf

it is an old condo.
    Most likely, your information is not up-to-date.

The price increased sharply in recent months (the property index is not reflecting the truth).
    I think your friend's transaction had been completed 2 mths ago (i.e. he bought it 4-5months ago).

for those used to be 1000psf 5 months ago, the current price is around 1200 psf
    those used to be 1300-1400psf, the current price is around 1500-1700psf
    those used to be 1600-psf, the current price is around 2000psf.

Unless your friends' condo is in very bad condition, the price had already increased by 15%-20% based on my observation.
    It is very hard to find a condo (around 1200psf) with good condition under SGD2m in D9 and D11
    Last edited by DCC; 28-08-17 at 11:05.

For rental if same location, 2500 sqft without facilities vs 1200 sqft with facilities. Most probably the bigger one can get more.
    It has much more space to play with. Now days , the first thing tenant look at is price and location. 2500 sqft means you can have 6 to 8 single rooms , near Novena Mrt, easily $900 per month . Can any 1200 sqft condo below 2M near Novena get 7200 per month ?

District 9 , 2M hard to 1200 sqft condo, those old apartment maybe .

You can still find some bargains in resale market, new launch price will go up higher next year.

You have not rented private condos to tenants (with no sub-letting) before?
    If you have you will not give these kind of answers.
    Most tenants don't need 2500 sqft space. They just want nice and well maintained property with full facilities!
    If you are talking about allowing sub-letting for prime luxury condos, then i don't know what to say............. Your condo will "cui" in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    For rental if same location, 2500 sqft without facilities vs 1200 sqft with facilities. Most probably the bigger one can get more.
    It has much more space to play with. Now days , the first thing tenant look at is price and location. 2500 sqft means you can have 6 to 8 single rooms , near Novena Mrt, easily $900 per month . Can any 1200 sqft condo below 2M near Novena get 7200 per month ?

2M budget won't get you any luxurious freehold condo in D9 and D11. You are comparing 2500 Sqft old apartment with 1200 sqft freehold condo below 2M near Novena. Of coz the old one will achieve higher rental yield, min renovation cost, the rest leave to the agent to manage.

1200 sqft in Novena with full facilities should be able to get about $4000-$6000 p.m.
    The 2500 sqft apartment near Novena - how much rental can you get without sub-letting? I know these very old but large apartment probably only going for $3000-4000+ p.m.
    And if with sub-letting can fully rent out or not also questionable. People who want to rent just a room usually very cost conscious, they probably choose some much cheaper place than Novena.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    2M budget won't get you any luxurious freehold condo in D9 and D11. You are comparing 2500 Sqft old apartment with 1200 sqft freehold condo below 2M near Novena. Of coz the old one will achieve higher rental yield, min renovation cost, the rest leave to the agent to manage.