Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: D9 and D11, which district is better?

Any freehold condo near Novena under 2M can rent out @6k ? Those old apartment at least can do sub letting, 900 per month you can rent out all the rooms in 1 month time for the whole apartment , and master bed room can rent much higher,agent will do for you. Since it's already so old , just keep it clean and min Reno will do. And personally I feel those old freehold have much greater potential than those new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfreehold View Post
    For rental if same location, 2500 sqft without facilities vs 1200 sqft with facilities. Most probably the bigger one can get more.
    It has much more space to play with. Now days , the first thing tenant look at is price and location. 2500 sqft means you can have 6 to 8 single rooms , near Novena Mrt, easily $900 per month . Can any 1200 sqft condo below 2M near Novena get 7200 per month ?
    you can't rent out 6-8 rooms to different people.
    Last edited by tonymontana; 28-08-17 at 18:08.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Max 6 people now?
    Even then, the property will "cui" (become very dilapidated) very quickly, and then the rental rate will drop much further. These kind of rental are just not sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    you can't rent out 6-8 rooms to different people.

Yes, after contract ends, only rent to 6. But rents sure more than those small , nice condo. Sustainable or not , not up to you to say , there are many agents specialized in this.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Max 6 people now?
    Even then, the property will "cui" (become very dilapidated) very quickly, and then the rental rate will drop much further. These kind of rental are just not sustainable.
    total not more than 6 unrelated people in a unit. just thinking of renting to 6 different people makes my head spin.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Sure a lot of problems, a lot of damages nobody will want to bear responsibility (and landlord have no way to pin-point to 1 particular individual and hence end up have to foot the bill for all repairs).............

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    total not more than 6 unrelated people in a unit. just thinking of renting to 6 different people makes my head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Sure a lot of problems, a lot of damages nobody will want to bear responsibility (and landlord have no way to pin-point to 1 particular individual and hence end up have to foot the bill for all repairs).............
    landlord who do this subdivision of property internally for multiple tenant are the old school type.. actually i know of one personally. i;m sure he make a lot. the property was quite rundown.

1) The condo unit is for my own stay. 1200sqft for 2-3 ppl is big enough.

2) 2500sqft unit is selling for about SGD3m now, which is completely out of my budget. Even at 2.33m, the sum lump is still too big for me.

3) I am sure that the quality and location of my condo is much better than the "2500sqft" unit.

*******************************************************************************
    The price increased sharply in recent months (the property index is not reflecting the truth).
    I think your friend's transaction had been completed 2 mths ago (i.e. he bought it 4-5months ago).

for those used to be 1000psf 5 months ago, the current price is around 1200 psf
    those used to be 1300-1400psf, the current price is around 1500-1700psf
    those used to be 1600-psf, the current price is around 2000psf.

Unless your friends' condo is in very bad condition, the price had already increased by 15%-20% based on my observation.
    It is very hard to find a condo (around 1200psf) with good condition under SGD2m in D9 and D11